Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

dammit i should have replied with this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Am I crazy or is there something off with Sandi's head in the first picture?

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/905618709821227008

I feel like I'm going crazy, but her head looks like it was photoshopped to be bigger than it should be, is it just me? :psyduck:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Edit: I have no idea who made this one.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
It does look off.

Given how everyone is focused on Crobbers, I can't help but wonder sometimes of the ELE isn't something Ortwin did/planned/is doing to set himself up for a payday while letting Crobbers take the heat.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

is a joke?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Drunk Theory posted:

and why is chris mads mikkelsen

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Drunk Theory posted:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

proof to the meanie mods that global warming is related to star citizen after all

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Hobold posted:

It does look off.

Given how everyone is focused on Crobbers, I can't help but wonder sometimes of the ELE isn't something Ortwin did/planned/is doing to set himself up for a payday while letting Crobbers take the heat.

Nah, he strikes me as entirely trustworthy and reliable; definitely not the kind of guy who would, say, suddenly not appear in the office one day, having siphoned off what remaining funds are in the company coffers to an offshore bank account.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Toops posted:

proof to the meanie mods that global warming is related to star citizen after all

okay is sand worm a joke or not :colbert:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Gentlemen, Ladies and Boatsexuals, i will attempt an Effortpost.

But first, put one some fitting music to set the atmosphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LE0KpcP05I

For MoMa,

Hello MoMa. I have to say i enjoy how you rattle the Cage once in a while in here, although your older self i liked more.

You have mentioned something a few replies back that actually triggered my senses after all.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, unless you have skin in the game, you bitching about what idiots do with their money and then subsequently whine about it on other chat medium is categorically dumb.

My Moment is here finally. YES i do have skin in this game. technically just because CIGs refund department is as bad with numbers as the rest of the company, but i DO have skin in this game so here we go.

MoMa. I hate to post this under a lame Forum Name. it would be a million times more epic, if you were actually who your signature suggest you are, to post this under my actual Username and credentials, but that time is still to come.

MoMa. with all the credibility that comes with an Account for a dead gay comedy forum that i didnt even pay for... This Game is doomed. The Project is doomed on every level. I say that as a person who knows more about the Limitations of the Desings, the Implementations, the Creativity, The Numbers, The Solution finding processes and the Management of Critical Key Gameplay Components and features than almsot everyone inside or outside CIG.

I am a Backer, even if i am not emotionally anymore. And i took my role in all this very, very serious. I learned about every critical aspect of this Game from what is on my hard drive, i learned listening to the Devs, listening to their thinking Process, watching their solutions and tracking their Implementations in every patch that was ever released for Star Citizen. I learned what makes the ships fly, i learned how the networking functions. I learned how Controllers are utilized, learned what plays into the hands of certain design aproaches. It got to the point where i could overcome the Designs, the calculations and the Solutions done within Months of Back and forth at CIG in a few Hours. Granted only to what i perceive is the core gameplay experience. Not Art, not Worlds or Levels.

I learned that the People who are paid with my money to design, code and build a space sim have not the knowledge, not the cohesion, not the talent and not the guidance or management to ever, ever produce a product that could remotely satisfy my desires for a good space sim. And when you wash away all the Fluff around the Core Experience of what is Star Citizen... and what it always was set out to be... that is the only logical conclusion. I hold no grudge against CIG. They banned my friends for bad mouthing bad decisions, they wronged their customers and changed every Agreement to their favor over time. But i dont care for that. I was never interrested in being friends with people at CIG. and i wasnt dissapointed nor suprised that they enforce those business practices. i didnt pay for friendship or special treatment. i paid for a product. And all i ever did was watching - closer than almost everyone else - and learning where that product goes in every aspect of Spaceflight, Spacecombat, Multiplayer and Performance. because those are the only important ingredients to work on in any kind of Alpha of Online Space Sim.

CIG failed to provide and conserve ANYTHING significant or outstanding in this regard. and every Inch they gained in the earlier years they undid by treating the literal heart of a spacesim as a lazy afterthought - "fix it in beta" -

I have digged deep in my time. I have seen and understood how the very core of this game works. What numbers go in it, what Functions keep it together. And the core is rotten. And nobody cares enough to fix it. worse. People. Key personnel in CIG to this day defends every bad decision, every wrong calculation, every mismanagement in this regard and its result as "Gameplay that our Backers love and we must preserve"

This shows not only the ultimate disconnect. This shows the Flaw in the core of the company. CIG, with its 400+ employees doesnt have a single person who understands the needs of a good space sim. or the needs of a good multiplayer title in that regard.

Its easy to blame it all on Roberts looking how this shapes up to be a repeation of his history and im not gonna blame Developers for lacking critical knowlegde and understanding for their position and area of ressponsibility, because its not their job to make sure they fulfill those requirements. But i have also not seen the Devs working towards imrpoving their knowledge in this regard.

Indeed whenever there was a moment of Clarity, a moment where a single guy in a place of responsiblity, came out after Weeks and Weeks or even Months of being hammered about whats wrong with the game, and asked about it in a public place, he was cared for, comforted and ignored the little bit of people who legitimately tried to present him with the core of the problem.

Go to Spectrum, look at the Dev comments. Look what happens to critical thinking.

There is no Knowledge. There is no understanding of the Problems. There is no desire to improve. The community will wank this thing into the ground together with CIG and roberts at the wheel. I hate that it is so. I lost years of my online Life to this. But thats the reality.

If it takes a Backer with Skin in this game to tell you so be it. i dont have 8000+ on my account. But im a Backer.

This Game is a death march. its sickened by literally every design fallacy possible at this point and it will continue to be.

I dont care personally if you wanna go down with the ship.

But dont go at the end and tell me "no one could have seen it coming"

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Danknificent posted:

SAND WAS NOT A JOKE

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Latin Pheonix posted:

Nah, he strikes me as entirely trustworthy and reliable; definitely not the kind of guy who would, say, suddenly not appear in the office one day, having siphoned off what remaining funds are in the company coffers to an offshore bank account.

Much like this guy

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Danknificent posted:

That question depends a lot on whose being asked.

To us, it was.
To Ben Lesnick it was not.
To Crobber, it depends on if you want to buy an Idris.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Golli posted:

Much like this guy

Now there's a guy you can trust, he has a tie and everything!

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
"He is obligated to give us nothing."

He certainly seems to be on the way to fulfilling that obligation. So...Star Citizen was a success? Yay?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

b.. b ..but *The Pledge :(

*terms and conditions may apply

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Latin Pheonix posted:

Am I crazy or is there something off with Sandi's head in the first picture?

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/905618709821227008

I feel like I'm going crazy, but her head looks like it was photoshopped to be bigger than it should be, is it just me? :psyduck:

It looks like it to me too

https://twitter.com/RyanGaydos/status/905927121029226496

also goddamn rip derek and beet :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

XK posted:

If every game package comes with a ship, why would anyone need to be a passenger?

What possible game play mechanic would require you to book a trip as a passenger? If you need someone else to fly you somewhere, then you have no ship. If you have no ship, then you're staffing somebody else's whatever as an employee. Why would you play a space ship game where you have no space ship? Why would anyone play a game where you get to recreate being an airline passenger?

Licenses to transport people? Transport important people? Why wouldn't an important person have their own ship? Leg room, meals, route planning, fuel economy profit margins. Scenic routes? This is sick.

Running a passenger transport in SC is laughable immediately, but when you really think about how it would work, what it would involve, why anyone would want to be a passenger, and that there are people who believe it will really happen, it's actually disturbing.

Ok, now he's talking about the drink mixing and media entertainment system. I can't even.

Emergency medical care for your passengers?

MoMA, please defend this video. It's insane.

Every backer package starts with a ship now, but they say they are going to stop selling ships at launch. That means people who start playing after launch would have no ship. Newbies will need passage to . . . somewhere. Maybe the newbies will have to do fetch quests to make money to buy their first ship.

Alternately: smart NPCs will book passage on player transports. And then the players will vent the atmosphere and loot their passenger's corpses.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Combat Theory posted:

Gentlemen, Ladies and Boatsexuals, i will attempt an Effortpost.

But first, put one some fitting music to set the atmosphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LE0KpcP05I

For MoMa,

Hello MoMa. I have to say i enjoy how you rattle the Cage once in a while in here, although your older self i liked more.

You have mentioned something a few replies back that actually triggered my senses after all.

My Moment is here finally. YES i do have skin in this game. technically just because CIGs refund department is as bad with numbers as the rest of the company, but i DO have skin in this game so here we go.

MoMa. I hate to post this under a lame Forum Name. it would be a million times more epic, if you were actually who your signature suggest you are, to post this under my actual Username and credentials, but that time is still to come.

MoMa. with all the credibility that comes with an Account for a dead gay comedy forum that i didnt even pay for... This Game is doomed. The Project is doomed on every level. I say that as a person who knows more about the Limitations of the Desings, the Implementations, the Creativity, The Numbers, The Solution finding processes and the Management of Critical Key Gameplay Components and features than almsot everyone inside or outside CIG.

I am a Backer, even if i am not emotionally anymore. And i took my role in all this very, very serious. I learned about every critical aspect of this Game from what is on my hard drive, i learned listening to the Devs, listening to their thinking Process, watching their solutions and tracking their Implementations in every patch that was ever released for Star Citizen. I learned what makes the ships fly, i learned how the networking functions. I learned how Controllers are utilized, learned what plays into the hands of certain design aproaches. It got to the point where i could overcome the Designs, the calculations and the Solutions done within Months of Back and forth at CIG in a few Hours. Granted only to what i perceive is the core gameplay experience. Not Art, not Worlds or Levels.

I learned that the People who are paid with my money to design, code and build a space sim have not the knowledge, not the cohesion, not the talent and not the guidance or management to ever, ever produce a product that could remotely satisfy my desires for a good space sim. And when you wash away all the Fluff around the Core Experience of what is Star Citizen... and what it always was set out to be... that is the only logical conclusion. I hold no grudge against CIG. They banned my friends for bad mouthing bad decisions, they wronged their customers and changed every Agreement to their favor over time. But i dont care for that. I was never interrested in being friends with people at CIG. and i wasnt dissapointed nor suprised that they enforce those business practices. i didnt pay for friendship or special treatment. i paid for a product. And all i ever did was watching - closer than almost everyone else - and learning where that product goes in every aspect of Spaceflight, Spacecombat, Multiplayer and Performance. because those are the only important ingredients to work on in any kind of Alpha of Online Space Sim.

CIG failed to provide and conserve ANYTHING significant or outstanding in this regard. and every Inch they gained in the earlier years they undid by treating the literal heart of a spacesim as a lazy afterthought - "fix it in beta" -

I have digged deep in my time. I have seen and understood how the very core of this game works. What numbers go in it, what Functions keep it together. And the core is rotten. And nobody cares enough to fix it. worse. People. Key personnel in CIG to this day defends every bad decision, every wrong calculation, every mismanagement in this regard and its result as "Gameplay that our Backers love and we must preserve"

This shows not only the ultimate disconnect. This shows the Flaw in the core of the company. CIG, with its 400+ employees doesnt have a single person who understands the needs of a good space sim. or the needs of a good multiplayer title in that regard.

Its easy to blame it all on Roberts looking how this shapes up to be a repeation of his history and im not gonna blame Developers for lacking critical knowlegde and understanding for their position and area of ressponsibility, because its not their job to make sure they fulfill those requirements. But i have also not seen the Devs working towards imrpoving their knowledge in this regard.

Indeed whenever there was a moment of Clarity, a moment where a single guy in a place of responsiblity, came out after Weeks and Weeks or even Months of being hammered about whats wrong with the game, and asked about it in a public place, he was cared for, comforted and ignored the little bit of people who legitimately tried to present him with the core of the problem.

Go to Spectrum, look at the Dev comments. Look what happens to critical thinking.

There is no Knowledge. There is no understanding of the Problems. There is no desire to improve. The community will wank this thing into the ground together with CIG and roberts at the wheel. I hate that it is so. I lost years of my online Life to this. But thats the reality.

If it takes a Backer with Skin in this game to tell you so be it. i dont have 8000+ on my account. But im a Backer.

This Game is a death march. its sickened by literally every design fallacy possible at this point and it will continue to be.

I dont care personally if you wanna go down with the ship.

But dont go at the end and tell me "no one could have seen it coming"

It's an Alpha dude. They'll figure out how they intend the game to work after a few more years of redesigning everything, like any Agile company would. Besides, we've got plenty of retards with money to keep this going. Just stay positive.

MilesK fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 8, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Hobold posted:

It does look off.

This thread is consistently 3 or more years ahead of general backers/reddit, so I expect to this pop up again in the aftermath of CIG's chapter 11.

Bootcha posted:

It was me all along. I'm the ELE.

:same:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

furiously back pedaling so hard he might single handedly reduce Irma to a cat

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
She's just the least natural person ever to be put in front of a camera. You'd think that might make her rethink those hollywood dreams but here we are.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

In celebration of the thread pulling up, have some good cat pics.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Facebook Aunt posted:

Alternately: smart NPCs will book passage on player transports. And then the players will vent the atmosphere and loot their passenger's corpses.

It's this, but lol joke's on the people wanting to transport passengers, there'll be so much content on the starting planet no one will ever need to leave

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

runsamok posted:

That's a drat cloud! You can't fool me!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Combat Theory posted:

:yarg: :gary:

Combat Theory posted:

Reminds me of the Wildstar slow motion trainwreck. Everybody was complaining about the stressful and unforgiving bossfights but dev leadership dictated that it would stay because the game is for hardcore MMO raiders and they wouldn't dumb down their vision. Nevermind that players are leaving in droves because every decision is based on making the game unfun.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

runsamok posted:

I have a cat that looks exactly like that. Norwegian Forest Cat?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That cat has impeccable taste.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Exinos posted:

She's just the least natural person ever to be put in front of a camera. You'd think that might make her rethink those hollywood dreams but here we are.

Sandi is to acting what Chris is to game development.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

That's a drat cloud! You can't fool me!

Hurricane puurrrma

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

That cat has impeccable taste.

keep the piss chat in cspam

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

biglads posted:

I have a cat that looks exactly like that. Norwegian Forest Cat?

You betcha. I've got a pair of them (see avatar).

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

:yossame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot