Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Polo-Rican posted:

this bundle should cost less than a switch without any games at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
My unemployed friend was allowed one new game for his birthday, and that's it since he's a broke pos. This whole time he's been craving a new game since he only had (my copy) of botw

...he chose Mario Tennis. Wah ha ha!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

F

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

So uhh a guy on reddit found this article about Diablo 3 for Switch on Forbes and screenshotted it. It's apparently since been deleted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/97kdhy/diablo_3_switch_article_found_on_forbes/

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZFXgN8S

Looks like a bot removed the reddit post, but I confirmed that if you go to the Apple News app and search 'Diablo III' the mentioned article comes up.

gently caress, I'm buying it again, God dammit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Diabetic posted:

gently caress, I'm buying it again, God dammit.

Diablo 3 is a safe buy every time title much like Dark Souls and Resident Evil 4 are.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm sorry but I just can't get excited about paying $50 to play PC games from 2012 only portable now.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

DIII has evolved into one of the best arcade co-op games and I'm definitely buying it yet again on Switch.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I just got it for $30 on PS4 and I'm still pretty much at the beginning. I was hoping to play it on the Switch instead.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

American McGay posted:

I'm sorry but I just can't get excited about paying $50 to play PC games from 2012 only portable now.

You give me cosmetics, and I will show you a man stupid with his wallet. -- Me, every drat time.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

American McGay posted:

I'm sorry but I just can't get excited about playing Diablo 3

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

OK but why were you gys excited about it two years before the release date still wasn't announced? Isn't a small team working on a game that will solve all your problems a "let's wait and see if it actually gets released at all" kind of situation?

i just really want a new advance wars :(

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Diablo 3 is fundamentally broken and I hope they address the difficulty issues on switch. It's literally the easiest game I've ever played in my entire life. We played on the hardest possible difficulty and, not only did we never die once, we would beat each singleplayer boss in literally 5-10 seconds... sometimes so fast that it would cut off the boss's introductory dialogue.

At the time, if you complained about this people would unironically say "the game doesn't really start until you beat the game!!!"

Once you beat the game you unlock something like 20 (!!!) more difficulty levels, so you can keep cranking it up until it feels normal. But why on earth does any game need 20 difficulty levels? And why do you need to beat a 30 hour game before you "get to start the real game?" It's seriously weird and confusing as hell

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 15, 2018

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Polo-Rican posted:

Diablo 3 is fundamentally broken and I hope they address the difficulty issues on switch. It's literally the easiest game I've ever played in my entire life. We played on the hardest possible difficulty and, not only did we never die once, we would beat each singleplayer boss in literally 5-10 seconds... sometimes so fast that it would cut off the boss's introductory dialogue.

At the time, if you complained about this people would unironically say "the game doesn't really start until you beat the game!!!"

Once you beat the game you unlock something like 20 (!!!) more difficulty levels, so you can keep cranking it up until it feels normal. But why on earth does any game need 20 difficulty levels? And why do you need to beat a 30 hour game before you "get to start the real game?" It's seriously weird and confusing as hell
I think that's the point. It's basically just a point and click and watch numbers go up simulator at this point.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They wont fix that, admittedly bizarre aspect, because at his point anybody still playing Diablo 3 is doing seasons and all sorts of poo poo that isnt the base game and nobody even remembers that anymore.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I think you don't understand the basic appeal of the Diablo games which is that they are, at their heart, idle clicker games.

The whole gameplay of Diablo is putting together builds that utterly delete millions of demons in seconds. That's the game. The part where you run around is just the power fantasy outcome of the game.

That's why Path of Exile (the Diablo II spiritual successor) has a skill tree that looks like this:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Thematically, it is quite funny that the hordes of hell and their unknowably powerful masters become just more kindling and sticks to be fed into the woodchipper that is your character.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

doingitwrong posted:

I think you don't understand the basic appeal of the Diablo games which is that they are, at their heart, idle clicker games.

The whole gameplay of Diablo is putting together builds that utterly delete millions of demons in seconds. That's the game. The part where you run around is just the power fantasy outcome of the game.

That's why Path of Exile (the Diablo II spiritual successor) has a skill tree that looks like this:

Diablo 2 good
Diablo 3 bad

Unless you need a coop game for someone whos never ever played a game before

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The best part is despite that massive tree Path of Exile launched (and may still have gently caress if I know) without respecs and with bosses that were hard checks for resistances

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

American McGay posted:

All of your posts make it seem like maybe you just dont really like the switch as a concept.

"$thing, but portable now" is most of the point

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Hey, Dark Souls got a release date of 10/19

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dark-souls-remastered-switch

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Real hurthling! posted:

Diablo 2 good
Diablo 3 bad

Unless you need a coop game for someone whos never ever played a game before

why it seems like the same game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All of your posts make it seem like maybe you just dont really like the switch as a concept.

I'd rather have portable new games. :shobon:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Welp

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1029808069897842690?s=19

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Meh, maybe Ill give D3 another crack. I played it when it first came out and it was a total shitshow. Ended up returning it, but I hear it's good now?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Over There posted:

why it seems like the same game

Its very not

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Meh, maybe Ill give D3 another crack. I played it when it first came out and it was a total shitshow. Ended up returning it, but I hear it's good now?

yeah closing the auction house and adventure mode fixed a lot

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I don't think that's most of the point

It can be some of the point, but most of the point is to play new games I haven't played before

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Diablo 4 isnt out on any system yet though, so if you want a Diablo on Switch before that, it has to be an old one

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rifts, Greater Rifts, and Seasons are all loving great and make D3 a real fun game.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I bought D3 when it came out, played the campaign once, and haven't touched it since.

I'd be interested in a Switch version, but Diablo (1 and 2 at least) is usually only as fun as the people you play it with.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yup. Turns out I'm okay with paying $60 for a six-year-old AAA game or twice the Steam Sale price for an indie because it's actually really hard to put a pricetag on being able to take your console out of the dock and take the game with you on the go. Especially if the game looks and plays as good in portable mode as it does docked (Okami and Iconoclasts are two recent examples of this).

Speaking of, I would absolutely play $60 to play the Arkham games on the Switch, any word from Rocksteady on a Switch release?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

American McGay posted:

It feels so much better on twin sticks to me. Once I played it on PS4 I couldn't go back to PC, but I don't own a PS4. I will pick this up for Switch for sure.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

THE loving MOON posted:

It might as well not even be the same game. No auction house, loot drops like crazy, difficulties just scale the enemies/loot and can be adjusted on the fly. Adventure mode and rifts dispense of the story altogether and just features killing and looting. On the PS4 it's one of the top couch coop games and I hope it's similar on the Switch.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

THE loving MOON posted:

Ended up returning it, but I hear it's good now?

It used to be a very, very bad game with low legendary item drop rates. Now it's a very, very bad game with high legendary item drop rates.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Polo-Rican posted:

This infuriates me about Blizzard fans. Don't even get me started on World of Warcraft.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

This infuriates me about Blizzard fans. Don't even get me started on World of Warcraft.

People are enjoying content that isn't end game right now

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isn't that a common claim about Nintendo games as well? (Especially Mario)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Diablo 3 is insanely boring because of how easy it is like someone said earlier. Zero challenge

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I’ve never heard that about Mario.

As not all games have post game content and I doubt most play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

That only refers to challenging difficulty, and even then that's mostly to 3D Mario in which the main game is still a blast to playthrough and only a bit too much on the easy side, but it's not THAT easy.

• Locked thread