Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

indigi posted:

I also suck at 2D platform combat and kept dying to this boss who was ~15 minutes from the nearest bench (since I had to play slowly and carefully to arrive in pristine condition, a good player probably covers it under 5) which was long enough that I didn’t develop any muscle memory from successive attempts and couldn't really come up with a strategy either. after five hours on a lazy Sunday beating my head against that wall I sadly quit. wish there was an easy mode

If it was Brooding Mawlek we both bounced off the same wall lol, this time I'm leaving that fucker until way later. Ended up going right to him after getting wall jump and boy howdy was that a mistake.

I'm just stacking whatever I can find to make me more durable and heal faster and more often and hoping eventually it clicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kill the chud (worm) in your head

cspam loves brain worms

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

God help me but ever since Hoot's meme posts I've been wanted to re-play Mario Odyssey lmao. Wahoo!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

uh huhhuhhuh huh
hasta siempre
fortnite... mario... legend of zelda nintendo has it all

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

fortnite... mario... legend of zelda nintendo has it all

they literally enslaved Bowser

nintendo ftw

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just reach into your ear and pull it out dont need a 400 hour rpg to figure that out

BG3 is a game that celebrates intellectual diversity. Maybe it's okay to have a protagonist who can't figure out how to get the yeerk out of their brain? Not everyone has to be a genius.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor
I don't think I've played a mario game since sunshine but they're fun to watch

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

looks so sick

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cspam bg3 multiplayer game where everyone dies in the tutorial zone because they consider mindflayers chuds and they now have a chud in their head

Someone who has access to the newest and fanciest AI image generator, type in "Trump as a mindflayer"

*You look into the eyes of the dying mindflayer. Suddenly you are filled with great shame - you are disgusting, your nipples protruding*

the milk machine posted:

pretty much. he went to elf julliard for college on scholarship (he's a bagpipe bard) and all the rich sharp-ears were rude and snooty to him

This happened to a friend of mine in high school (scholarship to Julliard), only he was a poor black guy and played cello. He was not able to turn it into a career, which I imagine was at least 80% because it's nearly impossible to have a career in solo classical music performance unless you have connections and/or enough money to just keep at it full-time until an opportunity presents itself. Kinda reminds me of a sport like figure skating in that regard - it's the sort of thing it's very difficult to keep up at a high level if you don't have significant financial means.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

no not reading ten pages of that not sorry either

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I like the two furries glorious leader and then Jeff the fill-in

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the schadenfreude is that Ephe just played golf and saw the sights the whole trip because he doesn't have the commitment to be on the static group

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i keep forgetting to save before doing something incredibly stupid, lol, oh well

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

didnt realize hoots wife is a furry

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I don't like the tiefling barbarian sorry I know she's kinda the thread favorite

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Al! posted:

i keep forgetting to save before doing something incredibly stupid, lol, oh well

I have three rotating saves called bad idea

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my main group so far is me (ranger) smarmy wizard shadowheart and crabby gith woman

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I think they intended to have this horrific introduction scene to gnolls where they popped out of hyenas chestburster style but I used the ranger option to snap the first one's neck then slaughtered the rest in the first round so I haven't actually encountered a living gnoll yet

I did kill a group of paladins and burn down their house tho

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

uh huhhuhhuh huh
hasta siempre

Buck Wildman posted:

I think they intended to have this horrific introduction scene to gnolls where they popped out of hyenas chestburster style but I used the ranger option to snap the first one's neck then slaughtered the rest in the first round so I haven't actually encountered a living gnoll yet

chud

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

guilty as charged

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

those gnoll archers suck rear end. three attacks per round god drat it

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

cultist hunting undead destroyer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i killed the paladins but let them keep their house

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it wasn't because they were paladins or anything things just sort of happened

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I don't think I've actually started a fight so far

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

God help me but ever since Hoot's meme posts I've been wanted to re-play Mario Odyssey lmao. Wahoo!

inevitably going to do this for my daughter soon, as soon as Yooka-Laylee finishes frying my last nerve

or maybe just when I finish TOTK and switch back to the Steam Deck being for daddy's games

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dreylad posted:

those gnoll archers suck rear end. three attacks per round god drat it

the gnolls in bg1 saying "die scum" is forever burned into my brain I've played that game so many times

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Tiler Kiwi posted:

its different when all the gods are very active and have evidence of their existence and instead of worshipping all of them polythestic style you go, no i will worship the god of porch lights and all other gods are Wrong and their followers must die

in forgotten realms the gods *are* worshipped by everyone, u arent dedicated to just one unless ur a cleric or whatever. smdh at nerds who dont know their lore

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I was very disappointed that the flaming fist didn’t say I serve the flaming fist

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

thinkin bout traps most devious for the careless of foot

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

the gnolls in bg1 saying "die scum" is forever burned into my brain I've played that game so many times

"so i kicked him in the head until he was dead HAW HAW HAW" is in mine. also "why do i live in such a pissant town"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The kicked him in the head one is definitely up there because so many generic human enemies would use it.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my Smarx
you've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Fuligin posted:

nerds who dont know their lore

A weakness CSPAM has been showing rather consistently lately.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Did someone say lore?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dreylad posted:

"so i kicked him in the head until he was dead HAW HAW HAW" is in mine. also "why do i live in such a pissant town"

i SERVE the FLAMING FIST

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

didnt realize hoots wife is a furry

lmfao

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Anyone been enjoying the latest Workers & Resources update? They've really fleshed out a lot of the concepts and it's feeling way more like a complete game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i told a gnoll a joke so funny it paralyzed him and all the nearby gnolls and hyenas