Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Only 90s Kids Will Get This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Well did you get it?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I am the pokemon champion woooooo. This is the first Pokemon game I ever played and it was super fun and I'm definitely going to screw around in the postgame once I recover from my burnout.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nichael posted:

I've been wondering that too, and I was holding off on buying some stuff until then since we're so close to Black Friday.

I can get it now for 40, BB has it for 35 but I'm not sure if that's in-store only, and GameStop is selling the digital for 45

Digital is the much better deal, but I really want an Arwing. I can't make decisions :smith:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

man nurse posted:

I vaguely remember a schoolyard rumor about a truck on that route that has a mew/pikablue/whatever under it.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Gripweed posted:

ENGLISH ASIAN RELEASE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRlcM41Lcg

Kids got it easy these days. Back in my day we had to rely on questionable fan translation summaries on GameFAQs if we couldn't read Japanese.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Achmed Jones posted:

I got the armor set from the season journey with my necromancer and went to get it with my crusader, but it turns out you can’t get the reward for multiple characters

That’s a bit of a bummer, because now I don’t have near as much incentive to play (until next season)

Use a different build. The one revolving around the season set isn’t the only viable one. Or have someone power level your crusader.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Achmed Jones posted:

I got the armor set from the season journey with my necromancer and went to get it with my crusader, but it turns out you can’t get the reward for multiple characters

That’s a bit of a bummer, because now I don’t have near as much incentive to play (until next season)

Your paragon levels and legendary abilities extracted by the cube will also apply to your crusader which should make leveling up way faster. It’s also not too much trouble to farm up the other three class sets if you do rifts. I played demon hunter for the season and leveled up a necro so I could do all eight str dungeons for a challenge. Didn’t take as long as you might fear.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I feel like that doesn't really excuse it. That poo poo was my one complaint about Bravely, and instead of having the character not putting up with it perhaps just... not have that stuff in your game in the first place??

yeah, not putting up with ringabel's bullshit would mean kicking him out of the party and not talking to him anymore. all these kinds of characters do is turn sexual harassment into a punchline

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When/how do you decide to up your difficulty in Diablo 3? I'm running around doing Torment 2 pretty easily but haven't really gotten any stronger since I first got to 70 and started using my season armor pieces and I feel like I'm gonna have to get a lot stronger if I'm gonna do the level 20 rift season goal.

Looper posted:

yeah, not putting up with ringabel's bullshit would mean kicking him out of the party and not talking to him anymore. all these kinds of characters do is turn sexual harassment into a punchline
glad I'm not the only one feeling like this at least, last time I criticized it I got told that "actually the womanizer is one of the most popular tropes" :sigh:

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

or her pooch!
"

Your Computer posted:

When/how do you decide to up your difficulty in Diablo 3? I'm running around doing Torment 2 pretty easily but haven't really gotten any stronger since I first got to 70 and started using my season armor pieces and I feel like I'm gonna have to get a lot stronger if I'm gonna do the level 20 rift season goal.

glad I'm not the only one feeling like this at least, last time I criticized it I got told that "actually the womanizer is one of the most popular tropes" :sigh:

Have you been putting points into paragon levels? Are you looking for better rolls on your current gear? Have you tried looking up builds on icy-veins or other sites for suggestions? You might also try grabbing some legendary abilities for the cube. Any of those things might be the thing to give you a push.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

Kids got it easy these days. Back in my day we had to rely on questionable fan translation summaries on GameFAQs if we couldn't read Japanese.

that one son of a bitch who always used the wrong romanizations like rolan when it's supposed to be loran or arrows when it's supposed to be a-laws

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hellburger99 posted:

Have you been putting points into paragon levels? Are you looking for better rolls on your current gear? Have you tried looking up builds on icy-veins or other sites for suggestions? You might also try grabbing some legendary abilities for the cube. Any of those things might be the thing to give you a push.

Yeah, I've been doing that but the improvements are very small and incremental. I guess I'm just waiting for a gamechanging Legendary to drop? I'm not getting a whole lot of them and despite that I've gotten a lot of duplicates, like 3 Rings of Royal Grandeur and 4 Cloaks of Deception (and I don't even have a Demon Hunter yet) :arghfist::(

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

or her pooch!
"

Your Computer posted:

Yeah, I've been doing that but the improvements are very small and incremental. I guess I'm just waiting for a gamechanging Legendary to drop? I'm not getting a whole lot of them and despite that I've gotten a lot of duplicates, like 3 Rings of Royal Grandeur and 4 Cloaks of Deception (and I don't even have a Demon Hunter yet) :arghfist::(

Those items only drop from caches, which tells me you’re doing a lot of bounty runs. Switch it up for more rifts and greater rifts. I’m not trying to be bossy, there are points where it feels like you bit a wall, but sometimes it only take that one synergy to boost your build up. Check out some pre-made builds. Eve if you don’t want to copy them, they can give you an idea of what legendaries to hint for.

p.s: I’m assuming. You’re new to D3 in general, sorry if you k ow all this and you’re just venting to vent.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Brother Entropy posted:

that one son of a bitch who always used the wrong romanizations like rolan when it's supposed to be loran or arrows when it's supposed to be a-laws

My favorite was "Jion" because, despite all official media, merchandise, etc. referring to the antagonist faction in Gundam 0079 as "Zeon" and shown evidence to it constantly they just replied "no it's Jion"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Has anyone played Nefarious? It's half off and looks fun. You play the villain and try to steal princesses from the heroes.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

zubats are weak and confusion is easily cured by switching out or running away and if you got past brock you should have at least one of many moves that's effective on rock types

Tell that to idiot child me, who would never swap out Blurtle, because he's the coolest and would eventually run out of water guns in no time flat. And everyone else was so lame they were severely under leveled.

Pokemon is easy unless you're an idiot child and even then it's hardly difficult you're just stubborn and dumb.

It's a good game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hellburger99 posted:

Those items only drop from caches, which tells me you’re doing a lot of bounty runs. Switch it up for more rifts and greater rifts. I’m not trying to be bossy, there are points where it feels like you bit a wall, but sometimes it only take that one synergy to boost your build up. Check out some pre-made builds. Eve if you don’t want to copy them, they can give you an idea of what legendaries to hint for.

p.s: I’m assuming. You’re new to D3 in general, sorry if you k ow all this and you’re just venting to vent.
You're spot on, I've basically done nothing but bounties :pram: I didn't even realize there were separate loot tables, so I guess that explains some of it. I just felt like I should be taking advantage of the double bounty bags while it's a thing.

Don't worry, I've been asking for help because I want it (basically haven't played D3 since release) and this is very helpful. Thanks!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
What the loving gently caress is up with that stupid mirror room in Mario tennis. I am completely loving baffled

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Circle Nine posted:

Has anyone here gotten Taiko Drum n' Fun, and if so, is it good? I feel like if I were to get a Taiko game I'd probably also want to drop $50 on the drum controller as well, but apparently the touch screen controls are totally good, while the motion controls with the joy-cons are just kinda passable at best.

In difficulty level context, the motion controls are sufficient for normal and some hard tracks. I wouldn’t take them to Extreme, although I’m sure someone in here probably does. It’s ok because touch and/or game pad mode is pretty decent, although you lose out on the actual drumming motion. I don’t have the drum controller but I think it’s a fun game even so.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well I feel like an idiot now. For some reason I thought the Greater Rifts were a lot harder but I hadn't actually done one?? I upped my difficulty to Torment IV after my last post to see if I could deal with it, so my first Greater Rift was level 21 and I did it in... 6 minutes 33 seconds :geno: Welp!

Also it dropped a bunch of legendaries and I thought it was kinda funny how one of the icons looked like Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker and then I went to identify it and it's loving Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker why is it in this game

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Yeah, I recommend him too.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

or her pooch!
"

Your Computer posted:

Well I feel like an idiot now. For some reason I thought the Greater Rifts were a lot harder but I hadn't actually done one?? I upped my difficulty to Torment IV after my last post to see if I could deal with it, so my first Greater Rift was level 21 and I did it in... 6 minutes 33 seconds :geno: Welp!

Also it dropped a bunch of legendaries and I thought it was kinda funny how one of the icons looked like Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker and then I went to identify it and it's loving Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker why is it in this game

Ashbringer is I there as well. And greater rifts are sometimes easier than regular rifts just because of enemy density and what not. Do some greater rifts and level up some gems. When those gems hit level 25 they give you some crazy buffs. I forgot to mention them before!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I started playing Metroid since it's available in the NES collection now, it's a game which I can sometimes bounce off because of the lack of QOL stuff introduced in later games like maps and save rooms and the ability to shoot down. I decided to start drawing my own map for it though and it's quite fun to do. We'll see if I can stick with it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

That thumbnail lol

BREAST FIRE!!

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Searching for warframe on the eshop now gives no results

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren::boonie::australia: ATTN: Ausgoons - Early Black Friday Switch deals of interest :australia::boonie::siren:

Super Mario Joycon Bundle
(Mario Party + Green and Pink Joycons)
- EBGames - $149 - Preorder is $50
- JB HiFi - $149 - :siren: Walk-in preorder $5 :siren:

Bundle is potentially going to be difficult to find due to 'limited edition' nature, from memory it sold out pretty quickly in the US. JB having it for a $5 instore preorder price is a good idea just to get your foot in the door, and if I find it cheaper I'll let you know so they can price match.

Pro Controller
- Amazon - $80 $20 off
- JB HiFi - $90 $10 off

Misc
- 256Gb Samsung MicroSD - $68.41 (With Prime)

This is the first year Amazon is operating at full capacity in Australia, so keep an eye out for bargains there.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

man nurse posted:

hosed up they put boxes behind it so you can't use strength

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

:siren::boonie::australia: ATTN: Ausgoons - Early Black Friday Switch deals of interest :australia::boonie::siren:

Bundle is potentially going to be difficult to find due to 'limited edition' nature, from memory it sold out pretty quickly in the US. JB having it for a $5 instore preorder price is a good idea just to get your foot in the door, and if I find it cheaper I'll let you know so they can price match.

That is a very good bundle, considering a pair of Joycons on their own go for $120AUD :eyepop:.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah I was in the market for an extra set, and I have a bit of a soft spot for Mario Party
win win

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Your Computer posted:

DIII you generally want to ratchet the difficulty up until you hit the point where 1) poo poo takes too long to die or 2) You're getting two-shot without a defensive cooldown running. and maybe ratchet it down a difficulty lower if you're just passively farming. Most classes will probably start to stall out somewhere between Torment 6 and Torment 9 until they start getting some kind of real build together, and Torment 11-13 is generally the domain of a completed class set (the green-named armor) and some Legendaries that mesh with it, but players skill, class, and Paragon Level can skew that.

And yeah, mix up your Bounty/Rifts/Greater Rifts stuff. In particular, Bounties once you get the unique Legendaries you want out of them (Ring of Royal Grandeur from Act 1 being the most notable, Envious Blade from Act 3/4 is pretty good for farming.) is mostly only needed when you want more of the Act-specific bounty loot for crafting or cubing Legendaries. Rifts tend to be better for Loot Runs in general, and Greater Rifts tend to be better for hunting for specific Legendaries and gaining XP/Blood Shard, plus leveling your Legendary Gems.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Generally if you've got a six piece bonus you can jump to Torment VI.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Infinitum posted:

Pro Controller
- Amazon - $80 $20 off
- JB HiFi - $90 $10 off

Misc
- 256Gb Samsung MicroSD - $68.41 (With Prime)

This is the first year Amazon is operating at full capacity in Australia, so keep an eye out for bargains there.

Pity I already bought my second pair to replace the one that stopped working. (sold it at EBgames and didn't tell them about the left one's defect)

Funny that it's the Splatoon colour ones. Must not be selling.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pity I already bought my second pair to replace the one that stopped working. (sold it at EBgames and didn't tell them about the left one's defect)

Funny that it's the Splatoon colour ones. Must not be selling.

Most people who were going to leap on Splatoon-coloured controllers probably got the Pro instead.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Searching for warframe on the eshop now gives no results

Noticed the same this morning in EU Store. I guess delete button was too close to the release button.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

For :britain: UK Goons :britain:, Switch deals on Amazon right now:

Starlink with the starfox physical toy £40.

Nothing else really of interest yet other than a minor discount on the console itself and Switch Monopoly.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

FastestGunAlive posted:

Just a one time transfer (creating a copy essentially) of a PC account. I almost made a pc account and begged up some items to transfer for over but whatever

Wait, do you get to keep your PC account if you transfer to switch? Because that changes everything.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Hellburger99 posted:

Do some greater rifts and level up some gems. When those gems hit level 25 they give you some crazy buffs. I forgot to mention them before!
Yeah, those legendary gems can really change things. At first I just wanted a Gem of Ease to level up new characters quickly, then I wound up with a pair of gems that had me doing an extra 2000% weapon damage over time, slowing nearby enemies, and increasing the damage they took by 40%.

And those are just the straightforward effects. My favorite legendary item so far increases damage and resource regeneration by 25% while moving, with a penalty while standing still. This was on my Demon Hunter which instantly became a Strafe pinball zooming through levels, with a bat further increasing my regen so I basically never stopped shooting, and the Chakram damage aura softening up anything I whirled past.

For me, those unexpected combinations are the carrot on the stick that keeps me playing.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 20, 2018

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sekenr posted:

Wait, do you get to keep your PC account if you transfer to switch? Because that changes everything.

Yeah you can copy your account once. After that, progression is separate between the accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Wow this thread moves fast.
Thanks to everyone who put game recommendations, really.

Is Splatoon 2 worth it if I'm not into playing online all that much?
To the person who said to buy Diablo 3 again...You win this time, well after I buy the exclusives like Zelda and Mario I guess.
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetimw is pretty chill but I already got it on PS4, and also my wife is more of a musou lady, and speaking of musous should I get Hyrule or Fire Emblem? We've already beaten Hyrule Warriors on the WiiU many years ago but that game is so good. Or maybe Pirate Warriors 3? How is it on the Switch?
Oh I saw someone recommending Celeste and Hollow Knight. I was planning on getting those for PS4 but the portable console seems like a no brainer. Should I buy most if not all my indies on the Switch? Are there any performance issues?
And I'm not bad at plataformers but DK mine carts can gently caress right off. How hard are the ones in Tropical Freeze? I've beaten DKC 1 and 2 but gently caress those stages.
How's the reaping and tearing in Doom? I think a friend of my owns a copy of the PS4 version so which one should I play?

DanZX fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 20, 2018