Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Missed this one yesterday, come on guys let's keep this going.

also lol the ship is back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Why is snout bald in that first panel?

Also he comes the ink witches I guess

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Whyyyyyy did it take so long to get to this lol

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

WELP I guess they won't have any trouble getting along in a place with a different written language now that inkmommy is back, so much for the possibility of that tension.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Why did he come out far from where they thought if the magic works correctly here? Am I missing something? Are those two sentences even connected at all?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I guess the Ink Witch is at Arudak's place, then.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

WELP I guess they won't have any trouble getting along in a place with a different written language now that inkmommy is back, so much for the possibility of that tension.

Yeah, immediately as soon as a problem gets introduced it receives a solution. Classic mookie.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Where did these dumb motherfuckers think they were going.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
They picked a random direction and started walking. It's what got them to the portal.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cloacamazing! posted:

They picked a random direction and started walking. It's what got them to the portal.

Good thing they picked the right one then. Otherwise we'd have gotten a Golden Sun DS situation.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

And nothing of value was lost.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

There's something disconcerting whenever Mookie draws Snout's stub of a tail wagging. I imagine it moves like this :flaccid:.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Snout's last name has to be Taildick-Toeballs

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

RandomPauI posted:

Snout's last name has to be Taildick-Toeballs

Great. I'm hearing this to the tune of 'robot roll-call' and now you are, too.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

This is what it’s all been building up to folks. Now that we all forgot about that pesky “Ink witch is an abuser” subtext Mookie can slide the one true wife back into the story.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

TheHan posted:

This is what it’s all been building up to folks. Now that we all forgot about that pesky “Ink witch is an abuser” subtext Mookie can slide the one true wife back into the story.

He's going to just hope the audience forgets all of the "controversy" isn't he? This was just all running out the clock?

Also watch corpse mommy just randomly get written out

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Billy Gnosis posted:

Also watch corpse mommy just randomly get written out

Reminds me of Erfworld and how the comic would spend weeks on meaningless side characters whose only purpose in the main plot was to do one thing and then die.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Remember how when the first arc concluded it looked like Inkwitch and Orkguy had been forcibly taken away, possibly kidnapped, might be in danger?

Yep no safe and sound this is fine everything's fine now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This comic is dumb and gross.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Remember how when the first arc concluded it looked like Inkwitch and Orkguy had been forcibly taken away, possibly kidnapped, might be in danger?

Does that mean Devin Townsend won't return?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

super sweet best pal posted:

Reminds me of Erfworld and how the comic would spend weeks on meaningless side characters whose only purpose in the main plot was to do one thing and then die.

What happened to Erfworld, anyways? I stopped following it a while back. It was definitely... I mean, I don't want to overhype it, but at least all the pointless side characters were there because the author wanted to flesh out the setting Game of Thrones style, with severe amounts of deeply pointless worldbuilding. It at least has an aesthetic purpose, even if it's not something I care for.

Corpsechildwife is just utterly pointless.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Joe Slowboat posted:

What happened to Erfworld, anyways? I stopped following it a while back. It was definitely... I mean, I don't want to overhype it, but at least all the pointless side characters were there because the author wanted to flesh out the setting Game of Thrones style, with severe amounts of deeply pointless worldbuilding. It at least has an aesthetic purpose, even if it's not something I care for.

Corpsechildwife is just utterly pointless.

It shifted to text-only updates, which lost a lot of its readership, and also did weird tonal shifts, and also attempted to homebrew its own patreon-style thing, and also got into Bitcoin.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

It shifted to text-only updates, which lost a lot of its readership, and also did weird tonal shifts, and also attempted to homebrew its own patreon-style thing, and also got into Bitcoin.

"On October 11, 2019, the website's front page was replaced with an announcement, signed by Rob and Linda Balder, which announced the permanent end to Erfworld as a webcomic as a result of a string of personal tragedies.[11] The Erfworld updates previously published remain available in an online archive. All former functionality of the site was restricted to users with "heartstrings" badges.[11] A few days later, the original copy of Book 1 was taken down from the GiantITP website.[12] The authors have not yet publicly revealed what spurred the decision to shut down the comic."

Literally everything about this is more interesting than Legacy of Dominic Deegan.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Mors Rattus posted:

I remember... some of this. But I definitely had drifted off of Erfworld before the text-only updates started, and bounced off them when I tried to get back in.

Seriously, Bitcoin?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
What the gently caress. I read Erfworld when it was on GitP, but I never loved it and didn't follow it when it moved, so I missed everything after that.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
How long did Erfworld ran as basically web novels, then? I wouldn't expect a comic having text-only updates would last long.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Wait I'm sorry hold up, WHY, WHAT, were they never in danger, how why were they separated then, was any of this, god this is so POINTLESS MOOKIE PLEASE I'm dying.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

FlocksOfMice posted:

Wait I'm sorry hold up, WHY, WHAT, were they never in danger, how why were they separated then, was any of this, god this is so POINTLESS MOOKIE PLEASE I'm dying.

Oh, right. This update.

I don't know why Ink Witch having to hold her dress down is what specifically made me shake my head, but it is. She could have materialised out of a pool of ink or something, but nope.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

catlord posted:

Oh, right. This update.

I don't know why Ink Witch having to hold her dress down is what specifically made me shake my head, but it is. She could have materialised out of a pool of ink or something, but nope.

That wouldn't be from one of Mookie's Animes though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow! Literally any tension from anything at all completely evaporated for no reason!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I've often said that Dominic Deegan was 'artistic' masturbation but honestly this comic is making me think it's more like narrative edging. He's always approaching but never quite reaching having an actual narrative, conflict, or tension.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
Another clever dodge away from any tension was how Snout made that sad journal entry about Corpsemom hitting him and how he didn't know if he could give her the help she needed.

... Only for her aggression to completely disappear for the rest of the journey.

I really struggle to identity what purpose she has besides filling time.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Riot Bus posted:

Another clever dodge away from any tension was how Snout made that sad journal entry about Corpsemom hitting him and how he didn't know if he could give her the help she needed.

... Only for her aggression to completely disappear for the rest of the journey.

I really struggle to identity what purpose she has besides filling time.

Mookie does too. He has nothing else to do with his art could bring in money right now. I mean, this is a crowdfunding goal that failed but happened anyway- that's never a good sign.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

SMG, please come and apply some type of analysis here, I'm utterly dumbfounded by this... Non-entity. Christ, this is like something I would come up with (but I wouldn't, since I know my creative abilities are shite, and thus should not be unleashed upon the world)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Why couldn't they have just, like, picked them up? Why spend a year on boring backgrounds and the cryptic portal and weird trippy giant Snout and the cabin

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
So, in universe they have been separated for like a few days right? They're acting like it's been years since they've seen one another.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lemony posted:

So, in universe they have known each other for like a few days right?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

catlord posted:

Oh, right. This update.

Because it sexualizes her in a creepy and stupid way? It's a Marilyn Monroe over the heat grate shot but she's clearly not wearing underwear to make it even more sexy, except it makes absolutely no sense because it's her ship so she should know what happens when she gets out and what would be appropriate clothes to wear.

Mookie's having a character do cheesecake they should be smart enough not to do for no reason other than he finds the character attractive and wants to get people off to her. Which is manipulative if he's trying to rehabilitate her by just having her be sexy. And stupid in-character. It's really awkward and wrong.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lemony posted:

So, in universe they have been separated for like a few days right? They're acting like it's been years since they've seen one another.

As far as I can tell, they've been apart for maybe two days, because we have previously learned that a day ends only when Snout sleeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

TheHan posted:

He's vacuum-sealed her dress again for no reason in that last panel. Mookie really wanted to show us her vagina bones...