Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I, too, look forward to years of economic and social chaos and needless pain and death because it will mean I was Right On The Internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Radbot posted:

How wrong is it that I sincerely hope that PPACA is struck down for red states and not for blue (state exchange) states? I mean, sure, there's plenty of poor people with children who have done nothing wrong who will suffer greatly, but goddamn will my schadenfreude button be pushed.

That's immensely spiteful and lovely dude

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

You mean the network Clinton had DoS shut down their use of: http://swampland.time.com/2010/11/29/state-pulls-the-plug-on-siprnet/

DoD's secret network is SIPRnet and was connected to state's secret network, apparently called "Net-centric diplomacy" or NCD. They severed the link between the two after Manning leaked a bunch of stuff from NCD. So the answer is more accurately NCD not SIPRnet.

This is all in the linked article.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

That's immensely spiteful and lovely dude

it makes healthcare a republican problem by takiny away a good thing from millions

its giving the republicans precisely what they want. if victory in american politics is "spiteful and lovely," join a party and work to change things

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Radbot posted:

How wrong is it that I sincerely hope that PPACA is struck down for red states and not for blue (state exchange) states? I mean, sure, there's plenty of poor people with children who have done nothing wrong who will suffer greatly, but goddamn will my schadenfreude button be pushed.

Setting aside all the other host of problems, legal, moral, and ethical, with that there is no way destroying the health care system in 30 states doesn't take out the health care system in the other 20 +1 market places. Medical companies sell nationally, you are talking about knocking the legs off their revenue stream. If it is enough they go under (and for many it will be) then you lose out as well. Never mind the larger economic effects of the potential for so many layoffs in so large a sector and what that would do the the economy (in turn, making it harder for what remains of your system to keep going)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Radbot posted:

Yes, gently caress those poor people who may also have pre-existing conditions and had the temerity to be born in a red state and given the aforementioned poverty lack the means to move to a less lovely place.

You're a poo poo.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fried Chicken posted:

Setting aside all the other host of problems, legal, moral, and ethical, with that there is no way destroying the health care system in 30 states doesn't take out the health care system in the other 20 +1 market places. Medical companies sell nationally, you are talking about knocking the legs off their revenue stream. If it is enough they go under (and for many it will be) then you lose out as well. Never mind the larger economic effects of the potential for so many layoffs in so large a sector and what that would do the the economy (in turn, making it harder for what remains of your system to keep going)

Its what Republicans want. Let the people see what they vote for.

FairGame posted:

Yes, gently caress those poor people who may also have pre-existing conditions and had the temerity to be born in a red state!

You're a poo poo.

Solution: GTFO of red states ASAP

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Radbot posted:

What's it like being a right wing talking point?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Radbot posted:

Aside from what everyone else said, a lot of those poor people voted Republican and will be glad to be free from the tyranny of Obama care :downs:.

Killer robot posted:

What's it like being a right wing talking point?

From their standpoint taking away people's Obamacare subsidies is a noble act, so no they would view Radbot's statement as wanting to reward red states.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 4, 2015

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

FairGame posted:

Yes, gently caress those poor people who may also have pre-existing conditions and had the temerity to be born in a red state and given the aforementioned poverty lack the means to move to a less lovely place.

You're a poo poo.

Along with "gently caress you" posted above, can we knock this reddit-esque reactionary, emotional poo poo off?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Solution: GTFO of red states ASAP

I'm accepting donations

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
DARPA has build a neurointerface that lets a quadriplegic use prosthetic limbs to feed herself and interact. Oh, and directly fly a F-35 by thought alone in a jet simulator

Sometimes our ridiculously bloated defense budget turns out nice things

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wow, what an unlikely story! A flying F35! :smug:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Willing an F35 into the air isn't going to work regardless of how well you wire a brain to it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Lemme know when a brain microchip can let me read politician's minds when activated.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Grouchio posted:

Lemme know when a brain microchip can let me read politician's minds when activated.

You could even add a little reader so that you could swipe your credit card right there.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Grouchio posted:

Gaze not into the dark abyss, friend. You will see things you ought not see... that mortals ought not see...

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Man, our future is warming the razor's edge between straight ballin' and abjectly terrifying

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Senate will vote at 2:20pm on overriding Obama's veto of S. 1, the Keystone XL bill. It's expected to fail.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Joementum posted:

The Senate will vote at 2:20pm on overriding Obama's veto of S. 1, the Keystone XL bill. It's expected to fail.

They don't have 2/3 in the House anyway, right?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the morning, "As much as I’ve been investigated and all of that, you know, why would I—I don’t even want—why would I ever want to do e-mail? Can you imagine?" ~ Hillary Clinton, 2000.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Awesome. Legitimately. That's some pretty exciting stuff.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

The only issue is that you have to think in Russian for some reason...

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

One step closer to the crippled rising up against the able bodied. Thanks a lot, DARPA. :rolleyes:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

One step closer to the crippled rising up against the able bodied. Thanks a lot, DARPA. :rolleyes:

The F-35 is bad but thats just harsh.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

OAquinas posted:

The only issue is that you have to think in Russian for some reason...

:golfclap:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

Aside from what everyone else said, a lot of those poor people voted Republican and will be glad to be free from the tyranny of Obama care :downs:.

The court would be saving poverty-stricken red-staters from having to pay the fines for refusing to sign up for affordable subsidized insurance :patriot:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jennifer Rubin has lost her mind.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

falsely implies she has one in the first place

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zoux posted:

I'm reminded of that short story about never being the first person to stop clapping for Stalin

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm reminded of that short story about never being the first person to stop clapping for Stalin

They should have buzzers installed to indicate when it's time to stop clapping for comrade Obama. That way, nobody has to be embarassed.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Hope she's fired unironically, crazy bag.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I like how on one hand people like Rand Paul for being a Libertarian and but on the other hand hate him for acting Libertarian

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

I like how on one hand people like Rand Paul for being a Libertarian and but on the other hand hate him for acting Libertarian

Schrödingers politician except he's poo poo in a box instead of a cat.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Radbot posted:

did u know people like you are a nontrivial part of the reason the rural poor vote Republican

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

did u know people like you are a nontrivial part of the reason the rural poor vote Republican

Pretty sure they voted that way long before Radbot decided to foolishly use his keyboard around here.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Radbot why didn't you make a FarmersOnly.com joke instead? Now you have every lurking southerner out for blood on an issue their state already screwed them on anyhow.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also the risky vote is Kennedy, and while he's arguing for SOVEREIGN STATE poo poo here and there, he doesn't buy the argument Congress can fix things.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Rubin accepts payment in shekels now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

comes along bort posted:

Rubin accepts payment in shekels now?

Nothing to pay her for, she found a story which fits the narrative that the Paul family are mostly closeted anti-semites.

• Locked thread