Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Fungah! posted:

mad e one of the recipes from the cookbook for dinner. did the pearlwood chicken, it's like a southwest chicken and yogurt thing. pretty easy and decent. gg tim cain

This is a good post and it made me wonder what other Video Games not called Cooking Mama there are with recipes that you can make in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't want to read any more posts about this.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Im playing a Paladin. Being a pale elf means i have over 20 cold dr so i reduce ghost damage to the minimum possible. Its cool.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Givin posted:

This is a good post and it made me wonder what other Video Games not called Cooking Mama there are with recipes that you can make in real life.

Fallout. it's a tim cain tradition to write recipes for games he works on.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

I really wanna make the chocolate pie

1 1/2 sticks of butter seems like a lot for a pie that size.

Fungah! posted:

mad e one of the recipes from the cookbook for dinner. did the pearlwood chicken, it's like a southwest chicken and yogurt thing. pretty easy and decent. gg tim cain

Basically a chicken tikka but with the yogurt as a sauce instead of marinating the chicken in it before cooking. Sounds like it might be good.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 4, 2015

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Givin posted:

Arcanum had some as well, in the manual.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the freakin black baby goku got banned after he made the Games thread poo poo themselves for several pages at the sight of someone making jokes, on this comedy forum

Mandy Thompson posted:

You don't sound like a particularly nice person. Perhaps after you have graduated from junior high school you'll learn about the importance of respect.

Mandy Thompson posted:

That's not true, many people do not think it is reasonable to kill yourself for any reason. Its also extremely immature and offensive for you to use that slur along with the term "human being."

rip

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rip BBG, died doing what he loved

ty

Givin posted:

yeah every tim cain game has at least a couple of recipes attached. he's also the guy who added the recipes the guy in spellhold gives in in bg2 IIRC. i made the chocolate balls from that a couple times, they're good but super sweet and kind of goopy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goopy balls lol

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I want to build a party full of pike wielding douchebags when I get around to doing Path of the Damned.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

I want to build a party full of pike wielding douchebags when I get around to doing Path of the Damned.

Xaurip Spears are probably the best weapon until you get into the cool enchanted stuff. They're accurate and have good base damage. It's cool that pikes and staffs have extended range though.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Xaurip Spears are probably the best weapon until you get into the cool enchanted stuff. They're accurate and have good base damage. It's cool that pikes and staffs have extended range though.

Rapiers are also nice.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
gently caress that lighthouse in ondra's gift

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

pixelbaron posted:

Blame gamebanshee for making it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

pixelbaron posted:

thanks for the no-spoiler heads up, i was about to head in but now i'll be more cautious

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
you'll thank me later

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Edit: Thought I was in a different thread I haven't slept gently caress you

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Just so my only contribution isn't a mispost

The White Dragon posted:

thanks for the no-spoiler heads up, i was about to head in but now i'll be more cautious

It may not be as bad as you're thinking. There's a noncombat way to resolve the last part. I won't say any more because spoilers.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hate to be a stupid fag but how do I get into defiance bay

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
when you need to go there the game will tell you how

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

frank.club posted:

hate to be a stupid fag but how do I get into defiance bay

Exit Caed Nua from the south, then you're at another wilderness location that I can't remember the name of. Follow the road there south and west and you're at the bridge that leads to Defiance Bay.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay. I think I just couldn't find the south exit from caed nu

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the freakin black baby goku got banned after he made the Games thread poo poo themselves for several pages at the sight of someone making jokes, on this comedy forum

rip

he will be missed

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The mod who banned bbg didn;t want their name associated with banning him, so Ralp banned him personally.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The mod who banned bbg didn;t want their name associated with banning him, so Ralp banned him personally.

I'm free

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I wasn't very interested in this until I heard there's an upgradable 'home base' area. Upgradable bases are the bees knees for this gamer.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I wasn't very interested in this until I heard there's an upgradable 'home base' area. Upgradable bases are the bees knees for this gamer.

I wasn't interested until I heard that tumblrites were bitching about it, but now I'm genuinely interested.

wb

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gg hf

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Tumblr, complaining about a video game?... 😰 the hell??

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Lumpy the Cook posted:

the stronghold management isnt v good tbqh

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

it kicks rear end too

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i personally like the base and the dungeon underneath it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't like that I have to live in a dumb inn next to the castle like I'm its loving caretaker or something

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the inn is kind of trash too, compared to some of the good inns. if only you could pick and choose like two or three bonuses to get out of the ones you unlocked, that'd be cool

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

the inn is kind of trash too, compared to some of the good inns. if only you could pick and choose like two or three bonuses to get out of the ones you unlocked, that'd be cool

you should get all the bonuses but just make them +1 for each skill

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

you should get all the bonuses but just make them +1 for each skill

yah that'd be cool too. basically anything other than just you get +1 to one thing, when for a pittance you can get +4 to int or some poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the castle is good and cool though and seeing games posters bitch about it is pretty lol

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

What is dead may never Die!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck shades/shadows/phantoms etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

People in games have beaten this poo poo multiple times and I'm still in defiance Bay after playing for 40 hours.

• Locked thread