Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I would say that I picked the wrong week to come off my meds, but tomorrow I start my medical marijuana prescription so all in all, game 5 should be more interesting. For me, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
My dogs decided Tugboat is the coolest dog and as such:
https://instagram.com/p/BU-0KzZgqdM/

Go Preds :siren:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Like I said after Game 2:

Kilza posted:

What I will say is that the series isn't over. Preds still have 3 games at home, they're 7-1 at home and if they can do the needful and win all 3 games, then they just need 1 win in Pittsburgh to win the Cup. So all hope isn't lost just yet.

Game 5's gonna be fun.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RC Cola posted:

Good dogs

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Those are some good dogs. :3:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens actually played pretty well imo and are not gonna miss chances like that again.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

Pens actually played pretty well imo and are not gonna miss chances like that again.

look at this guy who was in a coma from 2011 through 2014

(I know what you mean though... still don't like the whole only 20 shots in a game they trailed most of the way thing, however)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Got a gif zoom out to rival the Bruins zoom out https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/871924493177978881

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Xtanstic posted:

Got a gif zoom out to rival the Bruins zoom out https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/871924493177978881

That's a zoom-in but it's some good "this is our lives now" all the same.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Whoa. Hang on mom. Place for friends here.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Time to start MAF yet? :haw:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I was living in Raleigh in 2002 and watched before my eyes as most of the people I knew went from "hockey? What's that?" to "WOOOO HURRICANES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" right around the time they beat the Canadiens in the second round.

Now of course it's been 10 straight years of being terrible and most of them are back to the "hockey? What's that?" stage.

e: Also I remember people getting REALLY angry when the Canes traded Emerging Superstar Bates Battaglia (2002-03: 70 games, 19 points, 90 PIM) to the Avalanche. For Radim Vrbata, who last I checked was still playing.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 6, 2017

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
My grandma just called me at 11pm, excited about hockey with the catfishes and chants.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
Mouthwash taunting works.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
If the Preds win the cup it's gonna be a bummer to see SAS turn its ire towards them. Also will be a bummer when Nashville's crowd gets super corporate, buttoned up, and quiet. (Oh but our college town and military base will make sure it's loud and fun!) well, there are going to be less and less student tickets available and will all be for the upper bowl.

(Noooo, it'll never happen here! Our fans are far too blue collar.)

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
I've sat in the upper and lower bowl many times and I vastly prefer the upper bowl. No bad seats anywhere.

I'd hate to see ticket prices rise (inevitable at this poin), but I would imagine a Cup win is worth it.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Captain Internet posted:

If the Preds win the cup it's gonna be a bummer to see SAS turn its ire towards them. Also will be a bummer when Nashville's crowd gets super corporate, buttoned up, and quiet. (Oh but our college town and military base will make sure it's loud and fun!) well, there are going to be less and less student tickets available and will all be for the upper bowl.

(Noooo, it'll never happen here! Our fans are far too blue collar.)

Yes I'm sure you're super concerned

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Captain Internet posted:

If the Preds win the cup it's gonna be a bummer to see SAS turn its ire towards them.

This but unironically.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I bought a PK Subban shirt. I don't give a poo poo. I now stand for Nashville/Memphis solidarity

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

One day I will go to a Preds SCF match while the Wings are in their 30 year obscurity phase

Yellow looks better on me anyways 💁🏼‍♂️

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
So this whole series I have constantly been yelling about how much I hate Jake Guentzel's face. Out at bars, at home, every opportunity during Game 3. Tonight we get to our seats and our section mate is chatting up the two Pens fans sitting next to us and tells us "it's alright, these guys are cool." I look over and see the one next to me is wearing a Guentzel shirt.

"Guentzel has such a stupid face!!" I yell at him.

He starts laughing hysterically and nudges his friend, "this is his brother."

I have no shame and affirm that I stand by my convictions while Thufir kindly lets him know "if it's any consolation, you have a better face."

I take a moment but agree, "yes, it's true, yours is much better."

I enjoyed the constant swearing and lamentations the two directed at Hainsey on many occasions throughout the game.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

mich posted:

So this whole series I have constantly been yelling about how much I hate Jake Guentzel's face. Out at bars, at home, every opportunity during Game 3. Tonight we get to our seats and our section mate is chatting up the two Pens fans sitting next to us and tells us "it's alright, these guys are cool." I look over and see the one next to me is wearing a Guentzel shirt.

I have no shame and affirm that I stand by my convictions while Thufir kindly lets him know "if it's any consolation, you have a better face."

I enjoyed the constant swearing and lamentations the two directed at Hainsey on many occasions throughout the game.

I like Guentzels face. It's such an "oh garsh, I done a hockey thing pretty swell" instead of a "im going to ride a two sizes too small dirt bike around an empty field while screaming about my balls and milfs" like Tyler Seguin and/or Bradley Marchand.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mich posted:

A good story. I hope someone writes a newspaper article about it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Xtanstic posted:

A good story. I hope someone writes a newspaper article about it.

That only happens when you do it to the players face unknowingly.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

mich posted:

I'm genuinely happy for you two :) You guys are awesome IRL and I hope we can meet up again when i come back to visit. Maybe I'll drive down for the parade.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...es/201706060042
Everytime the Pens lose with Murray in the playoffs Ron Cook makes a "The Pens should start MAF next game!" article :psyduck:

Also I wish I wasn't in such a money pinch right now because I would definitely be wagering a low stakes bet against the Penguins like last year (that humane society won't stop bugging me though)

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

I have no idea how an 8 seed is 9-1 at home yet here we are. Rinne has been almost unstoppable at home and this has the feeling of a 7 game series but I don't know if starting MAF gives the Pens a better chance of winning though Murray has allowed 9 goals in 2 games.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I don't think they have a reason to go back to Fleury except changing for change's sake. Murray hasn't been bad and their team isn't scoring goals.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's been a really weird series as a whole. Murray was beatable in Game 1, and both that and Game 2 was "Golden Horseshoe so far up the Penguin's rear end" it wasn't even funny, with a very lucky 5 on 3 and a waived off goal in G1, and a 5 minute span where everything bounced Pitt's way in G2.

Now without some lucky bounces the Penguins look mortal.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Now of course it's been 10 straight years of being terrible and most of them are back to the "hockey? What's that?" stage.

I will make the bold prediction that this is the same trajectory hockey will take in Nashville.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

bewbies posted:

I will make the bold prediction that this is the same trajectory hockey will take in Nashville.

And we'll always be able to count on you to remind us every second if that happens.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
on the plus side drunk charles barkley provided the most entertaining presence we've seen thus far in these playoffs and also made me wonder, if the NBA finals are actually worse than these SCFs...how bad are they?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

bewbies posted:

Dude, lay off the salt, ok? It's getting tiring.

bewbies posted:

on the plus side drunk charles barkley provided the most entertaining presence we've seen thus far in these playoffs and also made me wonder, if the NBA finals are actually worse than these SCFs...how bad are they?

It's the same two teams for the third year. You tell me.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Without lucky bounces both teams look mortal. The Pens weakness is their bottom 2 or bottom 4 defensemen and the Preds are exploiting that. They are specifically targeting those players by taking possession and dump ins towards them, knowing with pressure they will create a turnover literally 9'out of 10 times. They also don't have the skating speed or awareness to impede them predators forwards and get sticks on bodies to stop chances on the rush.

The Pens have been running an aggressive forecheck with very active defense. Usually when they do that, the D will aggressively pinch and the forwards cover up in the blue line but the defense didn't pinch but still stayed pretty flat footed on the blue line by the boards. So the forwards are expecting to get help on board battles or chipping it around the horn for a D to pinch but they are just hanging out in no mans land. The defensemen aren't far enough in the offense zone to win a battle and keep but they are also too deep to stop from losing a step on their guy. It's just really confusing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's more like Pittsburgh's bottom 6.

If Nashville had forwards, this would be a slaughter.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Aphrodite posted:

It's more like Pittsburgh's bottom 6.

If Nashville had forwards, this would be a slaughter.

Yeah, if they had good players at both positions it would be a less competitive game. If Pittsburgh had defensemen, this would be a Sargent Slaughter.

All but one of those shots around the crease and slot, Nashville had a dude wrapped up with a freehand or a stick in their gloves, guess which one? (It was the goal one.)
Vvvvvvv

Captain Internet fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 6, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

It's been a really weird series as a whole. Murray was beatable in Game 1, and both that and Game 2 was "Golden Horseshoe so far up the Penguin's rear end" it wasn't even funny, with a very lucky 5 on 3 and a waived off goal in G1, and a 5 minute span where everything bounced Pitt's way in G2.

Now without some lucky bounces the Penguins look mortal.

I'd say Nashville got the better of the play the first three games but I honestly thought the Pens were pretty good last night and could have won. Check out their unblocked shot locations.

The shots themselves in the game were 26-24 Preds. I feel pretty confident in saying if the Pens can replicate that performance they'll get a win in game 5. There's also the possibility though that Sully goes hmm we can't score, better put Kunitz back in the top six. And then it all falls apart.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kevin Fiala and Ryan Johansen sigh.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Not only is the NBA finals the same team for the third year in a row, one team is running away with it. Golden State has won the first 2 games by a combined 41 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

iospace posted:

Kevin Fiala and Ryan Johansen sigh.

Put them together and they have one healthy lower body. And with both of them fighting on which way to go and being uncoordinated, you'd have yourself a genuine Hainsey.

• Locked thread