Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm glad we've reached true equality with the women in WWE. Just like the men, all of them are terrible and always have been. Plus their matches suck and the feuds are either lame or don't make sense from week to week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Even so she'd be like top 3 on Smackdown so they should just send her there.

What a terrible thing to say about everybody except Lana and Tamina.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

kinetic77 posted:

I know this maybe should be in the podcast thread. Never thought Mox would be a Bachelor watcher.

If Renee watches it Jon probably watches it.

Also, The Bachelor is a fun and stupid show. I love trash reality TV though. It's a good time watching with your SO and just talking through it about how stupid all the characters are behaving.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

I'm glad we've reached true equality with the women in WWE. Just like the men, all of them are terrible and always have been. Plus their matches suck and the feuds are either lame or don't make sense from week to week.

At some point we're going to have to appreciate Vince's game of chess

If he couldn't get Reigns cheered, he was drat sure going to find a way to get everyone else booed and not cared about. And he did it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sasha's husband is backstage at the Impact tapings.

Sasha Banks to Impact when her contract expires.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

If Renee watches it Jon probably watches it.

Also, The Bachelor is a fun and stupid show. I love trash reality TV though. It's a good time watching with your SO and just talking through it about how stupid all the characters are behaving.

I watch it with my wife instead of Raw and I don’t go to bed as angry now

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kinetic77 posted:

I know this maybe should be in the podcast thread. Never thought Mox would be a Bachelor watcher.

The Bachelor is a worked shoot, brother

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in today's news of Paige fans are stupid. There are some of them telling Paige she needs to leave WWE and go join Impact Wrestling, as they'll let her wrestle. :psyduck:

Say what you will about Vince, but at least Paige will almost certainly have a cushy job in WWE somewhere and be paid well, and be in good health. Where with Impact, she'll probably paralyze herself and Impact will offer no recompense.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

shane is way overpushed and annoying but, holy hell, it is nowhere near as bad as stephanie since 2013 even if she's shown up less in the last year

I don't see Shane allowing Divas to be called Women and other empowering things.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

So in today's news of Paige fans are stupid. There are some of them telling Paige she needs to leave WWE and go join Impact Wrestling, as they'll let her wrestle. :psyduck:

I mean, outside of how breathlessly stupid that idea is even on the surface, this is the same company that fired a guy who got paralyzed on their show, right?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

I mean, outside of how breathlessly stupid that idea is even on the surface, this is the same company that fired a guy who got paralyzed on their show, right?

Yes it is. But "she's 25 so she's going to wrestle again, and Impact is the best place to do it" is a really delusional take.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If she's wrestling again it is in her parents c-tier promotion.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

If she's wrestling again it is in her parents c-tier promotion.

Yeah she doesn’t need to lower herself to Impact, she has better options.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

WHAT'S DASHA FUNDS DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Impact is a mafia shell company at this point, right? Right?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Went to my comic shop today and they don't have the Royal Rumble comic :(

Really wanna get it for that Macho/Jake story.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gonz posted:

Definitely some money laundering going on imo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Being run by organized crime would be a significant managerial improvement.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonz posted:

I'm pretty sure you pay consequences if you gently caress up in a Mafia-run company.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I don't see Shane allowing Divas to be called Women and other empowering things.

I forgot Steph Was the Reason For the Women's Revolution

now here she is to put someone down for no reason at all with no chance of every getting comeuppance. yes the person she's putting down is a woman who could have a match with her or do something, austin/mcmahon style, but nah she just cowtowed and walked away

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

at least shane gets his rear end kicked sometimes and has lost every match he's been in

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

at least shane gets his rear end kicked sometimes and has lost every match he's been in

At least Steph takes a few months a year off

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

until 2016 she spent more time around, and is waaaaaaayyyy worse than shane when she is

I'm not defending the shane push, his 2017 is almost as bad as jinder

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

He loving no-sold a HIAC loss to Owens and came back like one week later to put himself in the Survivor Series match. gently caress him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

and that's somehow still better than steph during the authority angle

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

at least with stephanie you were supposed to hate her, they present shane as the all-powerful conquering hero who we're supposed to love and it loving sucks so much

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

John Dudebro posted:

at least with stephanie you were supposed to hate her, they present shane as the all-powerful conquering hero who we're supposed to love and it loving sucks so much

Shane being Smackdown’s #2 face behind AJ is absurd. Orton’s had no character work since his feud with Bray ended and they “just another guy’d” Shinsuke obscenely fast so the owner’s son could have his on screen midlife crisis cool strong guy fantasy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
they shoulda had a christmas special by having the mean street posse come back and be like the ghosts of christmas past/present/future and show shane what bad things would happen if he kept continuing his push

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Why would anyone submit themselves to the purgatory of wrestling Sienna, Rosemary, and *checks roster* the women's champion Allie over and over again?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I though Mikaze was on WWE payroll as a seamstress or whatever

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I though Mikaze was on WWE payroll as a seamstress or whatever

He still has it on his Twitter profile and was retweeting all kinds of WWE stuff earlier this week.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Shane makes 2 mill as a performer so they definitely think of him as a main event talent.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shane's a McMahon, Vince and HHH definitely think of him as a main event talent

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Shane makes 2 mill as a performer so they definitely think of him as a main event talent.

That's insane.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

until 2016 she spent more time around, and is waaaaaaayyyy worse than shane when she is

I'm not defending the shane push, his 2017 is almost as bad as jinder
This Smackdown feud between Shane and Daniel is so weird I can't legitimate figure out who the heel is. Daniel keeps saying Shane is the heel because he's becoming like his father, but Daniel is favoring the "heels" which are still kinda fan favorites. If this doesn't end in a Daniel Brian vs Shane match soon I would just think they're trying to devalue Daniel Brian before his contract runs out and he tries to go to another company because this story is baaaaad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Someone who works at this bar is a rasslin fan

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

JT Smiley posted:

That's insane.

That's nepotism.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the mcmahons think that the mcmahon family is the most important part of the wwe brand. this is not a joke or hyperbole, it is evident in the product since the austin era.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

cams posted:

the mcmahons think that the mcmahon family is the most important part of the wwe brand. this is not a joke or hyperbole, it is evident in the product since the austin era.

It's crazy because they're the villains but they also can never be defeated because they own the company. So how can a babyface loom strong when they kayfabe have no actual influence or power on the evil forces controlling their existence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beat them up, make them pee their pants, cover them in beer, blow up their car, etc, etc. If they just re-ran the Austin/Vince feud, verbatim, with Stephanie and Becky it would be a million times better than any garbage McMahon storyline in the last 15 years

• Locked thread