Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The best part about Uncut Gems is when the Robert Evans-type guy at the end turned out to be a super chill dude and not a creep at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

caligulamprey posted:

gently caress that poo poo, give me The Brothers Solomon 2.

Is The Brothers Solomon any good? I watched it when I was in high school and I liked it, but I’m not sure it’s worth revisiting.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Is The Brothers Solomon any good? I watched it when I was in high school and I liked it, but I’m not sure it’s worth revisiting.
I'm a fan of comedies that are shameless in its pursuit of bottom-of-the-barrel dumb gags (ala Man With Two Brains or Jekyll and Hyde... Together Again) and I still think it's pretty goddamn funny. It's also wildly antagonistic even (especially) towards its own audience.YMMV.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Does anyone know how to check if a movie is going to be a wide release? The internet has a release date for Color Out of Space but it doesn't say limited or not which is usually the case for movies that aren't in wide release. I just can't see that movie being in multiplexes but I'd be glad to be wrong.

You piece of poo poo.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost….

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.

To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. …..

Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!

Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite, you piece of poo poo!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you, you piece of poo poo."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/adambvary/status/1218216711154847744

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

quote:

The company’s art deco searchlight logo and rousing theme song became an iconic Hollywood brand, and the studio released some of the most beloved and successful movies in Hollywood history, including “Avatar,” “Titanic,” “Home Alone,” “Die Hard,” “Alien,” “Star Wars: A New Hope,” and “Planet of the Apes.”

Seriously? In the 80 years of 20th Century Fox's output this is the loving list they came up with.

edit: Actually most of that list is legit even if it focuses on a small period I just had a kneejerk reaction to those first three. They still could have made a much better assortment though.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 17, 2020

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Great stuff. GREAT stuff.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So wait they're explicitly keeping the part of the name that's outdated?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Maxwell Lord posted:

So wait they're explicitly keeping the part of the name that's outdated?

Disney gonna Disney.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CPL593H posted:

Seriously? In the 80 years of 20th Century Fox's output this is the loving list they came up with.

edit: Actually most of that list is legit even if it focuses on a small period I just had a kneejerk reaction to those first three. They still could have made a much better assortment though.

Those first three include two of the highest grossing films of all time and a franchise that includes an appearance from the current president of the united states

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Reminder that the man who forced David Lynch and Mark Frost to reveal who killed Laura Palmer is the CEO of The Disney Corporation.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Shot in the dark bet is that it's to remove any possible association with Fox News.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Roth posted:

Shot in the dark bet is that it's to remove any possible association with Fox News.

This and it also removes any lasting brand recognition for Fox so films can more easily be brought under the Disney banner.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Walt Disney's Freaked: The Signature Collection.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gripweed posted:

a franchise that includes an appearance from the current president of the united states

Yeah, true!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Those first three include two of the highest grossing films of all time and a franchise that includes an appearance from the current president of the united states

But they suck.

Roth posted:

That's exactly why they did it.

caligulamprey posted:

Walt Disney's Freaked: The Signature Collection.

I'm really disappointed that Disney probably put a squash on the new blu-ray Alex Winter said was coming and any further theatrical screenings. Especially since it was going to be better than the previous blu-ray which is now out of print and only attainable at excessive prices.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
No, Luke, I am your father. You piece of poo poo.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WHY BONER NOW posted:

No, Luke, I am your father. You piece of poo poo.

No. No. That's not true. That's impossible, you piece of poo poo!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Search your feelings, you piece of poo poo.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
drat ye! Let Neptune strike ye dead Winslow! HAAARK!

Hark Triton, hark! Bellow, bid our father the Sea King rise from the depths full foul in his fury! Black waves teeming with salt foam to smother this young mouth with pungent slime, to choke ye, engorging your organs til' ye turn blue and bloated with bilge and brine and can scream no more - only when he, crowned in cockle shells with slitherin' tentacle tail and steaming beard take up his fell be-finned arm, his coral-tine trident screeches banshee-like in the tempest and plunges right through yer gullet, bursting ye - a bulging bladder no more, but a blasted bloody film now and nothing for the harpies and the souls of dead sailors to peck and claw and feed upon only to be lapped up and swallowed by the infinite waters of the Dread Emperor himself - forgotten to any man, to any time, forgotten to any god or devil, forgotten even to the sea, for any stuff for part of Winslow, even any scantling of your soul is Winslow no more, but is now itself the sea you piece of poo poo!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
am i getting whooshed by posters repeating movie quotes from earlier in the thread

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

am i getting whooshed by posters repeating movie quotes from earlier in the thread you piece of poo poo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Coaaab posted:

am i getting whooshed by posters repeating movie quotes from earlier in the thread

It's a very low effort, no thought joke format.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
lol I just flat out missed I before E's post, but gently caress it because I enjoyed that movie so much it deserves to be repeated anyway

shout out to the lighting in that scene in particular, Dafoe looking like a wraith flinging dire curses at a dude because he talked poo poo about his cooking was incredible

Sweetgrass fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 17, 2020

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Sweetgrass posted:

lol I just flat out missed I before E's post, but gently caress it because I enjoyed that movie so much it deserves to be repeated anyway

shout out to the lighting in that scene in particular, Dafoe looking like a wraith flinging dire curses at a dude because he talked poo poo about his cooking was incredible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfD5u9Ary6M

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Gripweed posted:

It's a very low effort, no thought joke format.

Maclunkey, you piece of poo poo

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My friends sent me to the shoe store as an early birthday gift. I went big.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Gripweed posted:

It's a very low effort, no thought joke format you piece of poo poo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Seek out the spoilers for Dr. Doolittle immediately.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Going to be a contrarian and say Disney changing "20th Century Fox" to "20th Century Studios" is a good idea.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Egbert Souse posted:

Going to be a contrarian and say Disney changing "20th Century Fox" to "20th Century Studios" is a good idea.

I understand it, and if I had any financial attachment to that catalog I'd probably be in favor of it. But I'd like to remember the good things attached to the Fox Studios name and not all the loving horrible poo poo involved in Fox News, and this sorta destroys that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Egbert Souse posted:

$52.4 billion to Fox News? I don't blame ya! drat good deal! And that purty little nest you feathered for yourself. Well, if you're willing to barbecue the whole high command, I 'spose that's worth certain considerations. But I do have one question. When you get to your little place on Nantucket Island, I 'magine you're gonna take off that handsome-lookin' Fox brand of yours, ain'tcha?... That's what I thought. Now that I can't abide, you piece of poo poo.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I understand it, and if I had any financial attachment to that catalog I'd probably be in favor of it. But I'd like to remember the good things attached to the Fox Studios name and not all the loving horrible poo poo involved in Fox News, and this sorta destroys that.

I'd also bet that there's some nasty stuff about to be completely public (as if we don't already know how Fox News is run) that Disney doesn't want tainting their brand.

Oh well.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Calling it 20th century pictures is gonna totally make some kid somewhere grow up with the impression that it’s some tongue and cheek reference to the library’s range of films

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Shoulda just called it 22nd Century Pictures and started making movies with actors nobody has ever heard of because they’re famous 80 years from now.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why is the identify a movie thread closed? Is there a new one?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

oldpainless posted:

Why is the identify a movie thread closed? Is there a new one?

All the movies have finally been identified! Rejoice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

My friends sent me to the shoe store as an early birthday gift. I went big.

I love it. I have a pair of Doc Martens that are a silvery patent leather.

Gonz posted:

Shoulda just called it 22nd Century Pictures and started making movies with actors nobody has ever heard of because they’re famous 80 years from now.

This but they release that John Malkovich movie that's going to be in a vault for the next hundred years.