Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I don't even answer the phone when I know who's calling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Going out to eat with my wife and I will be coming back here to complain about the tab

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

If you rediscover cheese, you will rediscover cheeseburgers and sandwiches. It probably will cascade uncontrollably after that.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

parasyte posted:

op can probably go into more detail but aging cheese typically becomes more acidic and reduces water activity, meaning the bacteria dry out and die. 60 days is just accepted as long enough for that to occur

yep

also it's imperfect at eliminating all of the pathogens (some of the time) so pregnant women still need to avoid it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

sadly about the only thing I can get hyped for is games these days. Pacific Drive comes out in a week and is going to be sick as hell. everything else for me is just a tedious slow grind downwards watching material conditions rapidly decline for everyone around me with no light at the end of the tunnel.

unironically it must be nice having technocratic normie rutibex mind where you are constantly riding on the hype converor belt getting pumped up and simping for AI, VR, metaverse, latest crypto tether, whatever constantly about how its going to revolutionize society. all i see is dogshit worthless waste of resources and immiseration machines.

but yes I do love cheese way too much, just dont know much other than it's delicious. when i was younger, i always thought the dream job would be to like living in a very remote tiny monastery-thing deep in the Swiss Alps just making some kind of fancy cheese all day.

I just rallied some friends to play Helldivers 2

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

I just rallied some friends to play Helldivers 2

Never heard of it

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

$27 in drinks at a bar is maybe one cocktail and a beer, plus tip

Maybe a cheap lunch special and a pint.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

China doing that thing we all lament the West for not doing. Whodathunk?

https://archive.ph/rc6VC

WSJ posted:

Xi is adamant that real estate, which for years propelled China’s growth and at one point made up around a quarter of gross domestic product, should no longer take on such an outsize role in the economy, the policy advisers say.
In Xi’s view, too much credit moved into property speculation, adding risks to the financial system, widening the gap between the haves and the have-nots, and diverting resources from what Xi considers to be the “real economy”—sectors such as manufacturing and high-end technology that he sees as crucial for China in its competition with the U.S.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

This arrangement also screws working Americans because why bother investing in educating the peasants when you can push a button and snatch up a thousand doctors and engineers from across the world?

No wonder the American educational system is chronically underfunded and decaying.

If you don't have a manufacturing base you don't need large numbers of skilled factory workers who grasp literacy, numeracy and basic science. So in the USA and similar nations most education serves no purpose.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

president xi save us... my people yearn for a roof over their head that doesn't cost $3000 a month

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this is depression

skooma512 posted:

Only if I lose interest in things that used to interest me for 2 consecutive quarters

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Going out to eat with my wife and I will be coming back here to complain about the tab

enjoy your long covid

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Woke Mind Virus posted:

I'll let her know you're waiting for her

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Lmfao

Still, how could I have been such easy prey? Scam victims tend to be single, lonely, and economically insecure with low financial literacy. I am none of those things. I’m closer to the opposite. I’m a journalist who had a weekly column in the “Business” section of the New York Times.

Golden.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

i am harry posted:

okay cool good to know I’m not the only one who stares at a steam[& Playstation][& TV/movie] library for ten minutes and then just hits the power button

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
scammers definitely target people with no money.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

poemdexter posted:

scammers definitely target people with no money.

Hey they don't mind if the targets take out loans.

You don't need to have money to lose money, as such.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

skooma512 posted:

Only if I lose interest in things that used to interest me for 2 consecutive quarters

:laffo:

sometimes all you can do is laugh

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
everyone please touch grass or a partner

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

quote:

The cost would be huge: potentially up to $280 billion a year for the next five years, or a total of around $1.4 trillion, according to some analysts.
My god, worst case scenario they spend the annual budget of the US military over five years on a project to improve their nation. How utterly unfeasible. What could they possibly be thinking spending so much money on helping people instead of artisanal explosives.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

healthcare pls

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

triple sulk posted:

healthcare pls

no

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

RealityWarCriminal posted:

in this economy??

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

triple sulk posted:

healthcare pls

how bout this

https://twitter.com/business/status/1758631321230872840

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

extortion capital

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Woke Mind Virus posted:

172 bucks. Thanks Brandon

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it's gonna work. the congress has got intel inside... :aochloe:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

mawarannahr posted:

it's gonna work. the congress has got intel inside... :aochloe:

computer, kill this poster with hammers and sickles

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Woke Mind Virus posted:

what thebfuuuuck was in your birthday or something

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Too big to fail.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/inquirerdotnet/status/1758452420177236473?t=Gyvh9E-p2sgi5Cgnf8qrlA&s=19

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Then cut prices to where people can afford things at current wages.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

RealityWarCriminal posted:

my wife is soft and I like her

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zodium posted:

my wife is soft and I like her

So do i

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i am harry posted:

what thebfuuuuck was in your birthday or something

It was for our 4 year anniversary and since we got married on leap day it's our 1 year anniversary so I ordered the overpriced crispy brussel sprouts appetizer because i was curious about it

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Woke Mind Virus posted:

*Holds the tab up to his head like Johnny Carson*

2 steaks @$45 each
aforementioned overpriced app $15
2 drinks each @$9 = $36

already at $141 without tip

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Gorson posted:

*Holds the tab up to his head like Johnny Carson*

2 steaks @$45 each
aforementioned overpriced app $15
2 drinks each @$9 = $36

already at $141 without tip

Congratulations! We have a winner!! It was 142 and I tipped 30.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Everyone should be forced to work in the service industry for the reasons everyone already knows, but also to build up immunity to the jedi magic of "eating out".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the cities skylines 2 debacle seems spot on for why modern games suck so much. Released half finished to meet a quarterly deadline, locked down so no modding allowed and now the entire brand is so trashed that people are not even playing the first game anymore