Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Was the updated Series X not rumoured to be a cylindrical shape rather than a cuboid?

I believe that was from an older document that came out during the Activision stuff. Probably ditched to keep costs "lower."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Rip X-Tube

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Guillermus posted:

https://x.com/Xbox/status/1801645792412807407

2Tb Series X or a 1Tb white all digital Series X hmm... let's see the prices

450 and 600, its on the xbox.com site. The current X is discounted 50 bucks there so that + the 1TB expansion comes out to the same price less the open expansion slot of course.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bout to sell 0 units

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I’m considering getting the speckled one.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
An Xbox for 599 US dollars??? Say it ain't so

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 1TB Series X is $450 + the 1TB Expansion Card is $150, so it would be cheaper to just get that one instead wouldn't it?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
WWTD, xbros. What would TimDog do?

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Was the updated Series X not rumoured to be a cylindrical shape rather than a cuboid?

That slide deck was from 2022 and Phil himself said “plans had changed” when they leaked. I’m guessing since Xbox sales have fallen off a cliff since 2022 they scrapped the plans for an actual redesign and just stuck with new colors and storage tiers. I doubt we’ll see the leaked ‘Sebile’ controller now either.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Has there been any further word on the remake of 1 and 2?
No specific release date but they are definitely happening. My guess would be next year.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Max Payne 3 for me was Payneful. I got hardly any achievements and it felt like a slog back when it was released. I bought it a few months ago so I'll give it another go some time. Has there been any further word on the remake of 1 and 2?
As of their latest Business Review of the first three months of the year since Remedy mostly talks directly to investors instead of doing PR stuff...

Tero Virtala posted:

[In the first quarter of 2024] Max Payne 1&2 remake continued in the production readiness stage. The game is expected to move into full production during the second quarter of 2024.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

WWTD, xbros. What would TimDog do?

More like Who Would Tim Dog?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ask not for whom the Tim dogs. He dogs for thee

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game Pass Dates, because I have a template in a text file and I might as well use it.

COMING:
Today: Still Wakes the Deep (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
June 19: My Time at Sandrock (Cloud, Console, and PC)
June 20: Keplerth (PC)
June 25: EA Sports FC 24 (Cloud, Console, and PC via EA Play)
June 26: SteamWorld Dig (Cloud and Console), SteamWorld Dig 2 (Console and PC)
June 27: Robin Hood – Sherwood Builders (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)

GOING:
Leaving June 30:
FIFA 22 (Console and PC)
F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Stranded Deep (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Sword and Fairy Together Forever (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Leaving July 5:
Cricket 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

If you haven't played the Steamworld Digs, do so. Good games.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I knew the $15 fc24 sale was a last ditch effort at sales before dumping on gamepass, glad I resisted

Figured there would be a bit more lead time between Sandrock hitting gamepass though and kinda wish I would have held onto my $30 with that one. I like it, but it's just more My Time At Portia

E: actually it might be more annoying because resources like rubber and electronic components are random drops from piles of scrap so you're at the whim of rng to progress

Arms_Akimbo fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jun 18, 2024

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Kins posted:

If you haven't played the Steamworld Digs, do so. Good games.

Yep, they're not too long but both well worth playing.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I knew the $15 fc24 sale was a last ditch effort at sales before dumping on gamepass, glad I resisted

We're within a few months of the 2025 sports games coming out as well, Fifa 24 was already on Playstation Plus last month and I saw NHL 24 was on a heavy discount recently too.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I bought My Time at Sandrock on release. It's a fun game, now you can all enjoy it.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Hell yes, Steamworld Dig, Sandrock, and FIFA EA SPORTS FC 24

thank u phil

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

At this point I'm just waiting on another sale on the current 1TB model (including possibly a refurb) and will get a 2nd one of that for my living room, the new holiday SKUs are too expensive especially for what they'll undoubtedly cost in Canadian dollars.

I already have a 2tb expansion card that I transfer between my current Series X and Series S, and can just use that for the 2nd Series X.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Good batch of gamepass stuff, I've been holding off on buying Sandrock specifically because I figured it'd be coming eventually.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No mvc collection for Xbox. It’s all over.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Sandrock is one of the ones I was waiting for :bisonyes:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Are we getting a summer sales anytime soon?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Snacksmaniac posted:

Sucks.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

I can’t not hear “my time at Sandrock” as “welcome to jamrock” and now that’s stuck in my head.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

njsykora posted:

Yep, they're not too long but both well worth playing.

There‘s no but about it. These are neat dense games that don‘t overstay their welcome. See: Coccoon. Perfect GP games.

And it‘s good to see that Lies of P will stay a bit longer. I am not good enough to beat it in a timely manner :f5:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Gonna do so much chill building with Sandrock!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Steamworld Dig 2 is, in my opinion, a sneaky contender for one of the best games of the past ten years. Like, somewhere in the top 10 or 15. It's just so god drat enjoyable.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Snacksmaniac posted:

Ya it's weird as heck they're skipping this console gen with the collection but at least it keeps the dream for MvC4 alive :unsmith:

Looks like licensing isn't an issue any more so maybe Capcom can do us a solid and make a good new MvC game and maybe DMC6 if they're feeling particularly fruity??

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

There's a rumor that Capcom's MT Framework pipeline might no longer work for compiling Xbox code due to new mandatory GDK versions, which would also explain why those games tend to not have actual PS5 versions, only PS4 versions (that will run on a PS5), and Capcom likely expects those titles wouldn't sell enough on Xbox to justify the costs of the work that would be required to bring their MT Framework pipeline into current Xbox compatibility.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
That would be nonsense because there's literally no reason why you wouldn't want to use the GDK. It was also one of the easiest moves we did for the next gen consoles (we had to do it during production of Quake 1).

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
At the very least couldn't they at least check the box for the Xbox 360 versions backwards compatibility?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Xbox not getting Marvel Fighting Collection is wild to the point that I wonder if that was part of the deal of Sony letting it happen from a licensing standpoint.

Huge L.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Not for Sega.

Dreamcast stays winning :cheers:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Do I want to spend time at Portia or Sandrock?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Sandrock, no contest

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm trying to DL cricket 22 (yeah yeah yeah im sure it sucks but I'm watching a bit of the world cup and wanted to check it out) and it just.... stops dling at 18gbs. It's on gamepass but it just stops there. I've tried twice now and dled some small games in between to make sure its not my console and had no problem with any other game. Can someone figure this out/ attempt to dl it also?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

1glitch0 posted:

Do I want to spend time at Portia or Sandrock?

FireWorksWell posted:

Sandrock, no contest

This is my understanding as well, that Sandrock is a straight upgrade from Portia.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I see I'm not the only one bummed out that the Marvel vs Capcom collection isn't coming to Xbox. We're getting ports of Fantasian, Ace Attorney Investigations, the Dragon Quest HD games, MIO, and that Looney Toons sports game though. And that Metal Slug tower defense game is already out for $10.

'Twas a solid Direct this morning. New Zelda looks cool and it's nice to see Metroid Prime 4 still alive and kicking. Oh, and the N64 Perfect Dark with online multiplayer was a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Steamworld Dig 2 is definitely a great experience and I highly recommend it