Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

They really need to include a better way to use marks

Planetary mats are a dumb waste

Infuse everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Played through the raid last night for the first time as a Nightstalker, I thought it was really well done and enjoyed it more than I was expecting. The SIVA/Fallen/Cosmodrome setting is much more interesting to me than another Crota, Oryx & Hive raid. I didn't find any of the fights easy but they weren't bone-crushingly difficult either. Once you got the communication and movement down the fights are pretty quick and rewarding.

Like Oryx, the final fight requires you to be almost perfect and call-out contributions from everyone. At 366 I was by far the lowest light level but still felt like I was adding to the effort by calling out spawns, clearing adds and tossing bombs. Took home the Autorifle, Shotgun, Rocket launcher, boots, chest, cloak and artifact. Not too shabby for the first run.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That last burn phase on Aksis is fuckin tense, boys

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Elendil004 posted:

I've been repping the beta test emblem because it hides how much of a newb I am.

I have a quest to kill yellow-bars on the dreadnaught without dying, is there a good place like there is with centurions that I can plink them away with relative ease? I know there's a big random event that happens at the hull breach but it's a lot of chaos and I usually die before hitting 10.

Use a wormsinger rune or skyburners command beacon, spawns multiple waves of all major enemies (and an ultra for a shot at an exotic). Agonarch rune may also work.

If that's too risky you can wait around the hull breach and repeatedly pop the one centurion that walks in from the side of the ship.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 3, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

xzzy posted:

Based on the slack jawed idiots fronting a flawless emblem and getting crushed in crucible yesterday, literally everyone that bought a ticket got to the lighthouse this weekend.

I had a whole team of flawless emblem red bars in one of my games

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Late to emblem chat but it needs to be said that Sigil of the Coming War is still the best because it looks like an 80's thrash band's logo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The best emblem is still Sign of Opposing Will.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The best emblem is who cares

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Speaking of things that don't matter I'm taking the time to check out different shaders on the raid gear. Mostly Cloudy feels great, very space man. Debt Unpaid kind of fits the SIVA aesthetic, but I don't like the mottled camo design on titan so much.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The new vendor one that's silver is great and on the titan all the trials shaders look great with raid gear

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Pro-tip: (Archon Forge) The odds to get a item are bigger if you are the one killing the boss.

Theory: (Archon Forge) Passive helping the person doing the killing blow also count. So put that tether on top of the sphere before it opens.

Pro-tip: (Archon Forge) The normal axe attack generate ammo for the axe.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The best emblem is still Sign of Opposing Will.

Bunny Emblem Best Emblem.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

This happened to me today in the rift daily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh7D_zc-Rnc

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

As always, the best shader for any gear, including the raid set, is Ascendant Plane.

no more books
Aug 4, 2011
I just started playing this game before the latest expansion and I am still very bad. I started lurking this thread and since I'm mostly interested in PvP I bought the palindrome and then had this one drop like two games after. Are the rolls on my drop better than the vendor one? 9 rounds often seems like enough for me in crucible so far

no more books fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 3, 2016

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

no more books posted:

I just started playing this game before the latest expansion and I am still very bad. I started lurking this thread and since I'm mostly interested in PvP I bought the palindrome and then had this one drop like two games after. Are the rolls on my drop better than the vendor one? 9 rounds often seems like enough for me in crucible so far

Sorry but reactive reload is terrible in PVP, only lasts about 2-3 seconds after reload.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The interaction between Outlaw and Reactive Reload might very occasionally give you a sweet 1v2 clip to post in the thread but yeah, rangefinder + rifled barrel is going to be more consistently beneficial.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MarshyMcFly posted:

Sorry but reactive reload is terrible in PVP, only lasts about 2-3 seconds after reload.

I have an Ill Will with reactive reload but I don't have HC reload gloves and the reload animation is too slow for it to ever proc :bravo:

no more books
Aug 4, 2011
cool thanks, I'll just infuse my other one

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
well that's a wipe
http://i.imgur.com/LXaejVY.gifv

last second kill
http://i.imgur.com/gOO3GPU.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

with me dead on the side because i touched the boss platform :v:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

with me dead on the side because i touched the boss platform :v:

Yeah don't do that, even if there's heavy ammo up there. :/

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

el B posted:

Yeah don't do that, even if there's heavy ammo up there. :/

I was the final slam and he shoved me far back and the quickest route was a quick hop off the front tip of his platform to the bros. I do it, screen goes SIVA crazy and dead. welp. That would have been good to know.

e:tbf I have yet to do the raid front to back and they pulled me into the phase 2 fight and I had to learn from scratch.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
PSA: Sleeper Simulant is still the One True Exotic for bosses. If you aren't using one of the shock/null/solar cannons the Sleeper will still let you hang.

Will those new exotic warlock gloves let you reload SS faster? :stare:

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

poor life choice posted:

PSA: Sleeper Simulant is still the One True Exotic for bosses. If you aren't using one of the shock/null/solar cannons the Sleeper will still let you hang.

I don't know but those look amazing.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=1062853751&itemname=Ophidian%20Aspect

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

poor life choice posted:

I just got that quest. Pretty neat. Game could easily have done more stuff like this to be interesting. I guess it's all saved for the raids though, which seem impossible to learn for yourself now anyway.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Kiranamos posted:

I just got that quest. Pretty neat. Game could easily have done more stuff like this to be interesting. I guess it's all saved for the raids though, which seem impossible to learn for yourself now anyway.

Only two exotic quests have been tied to a raid completion tho

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Apparently Aksis doesn't have a stomp so you can go to town on him with razelighter during the DPS phase.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there some kind of list of 'good' mods on guns or a good general rule of thumb? I generally go with whatever feels good in PvE, and gimmicky exotics tend to work well for me there; but in crucible I feel like the only good gun I have is my MIDA multi tool.

This dropped for me:

I've read this a great archetype, but these mods all seem pretty awful; my thinking is: Exumed only lasts a few seconds and I have to die. Reload mods: the gun is not that slow of a reload to begin with and I hardly ever actually empty a clip in PVP; I tend to reload after a kill if I have the breathing room. Do I just scrap it?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Legs Benedict posted:

Necrochasm was sort of a quest
Touch Of Malice
Outbreak Prime
No Time To Explain

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

I'm talking about quest mechanics in general.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kzin602 posted:

Is there some kind of list of 'good' mods on guns or a good general rule of thumb? I generally go with whatever feels good in PvE, and gimmicky exotics tend to work well for me there; but in crucible I feel like the only good gun I have is my MIDA multi tool.

This dropped for me:

I've read this a great archetype, but these mods all seem pretty awful; my thinking is: Exumed only lasts a few seconds and I have to die. Reload mods: the gun is not that slow of a reload to begin with and I hardly ever actually empty a clip in PVP; I tend to reload after a kill if I have the breathing room. Do I just scrap it?

that roll is v bad

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

OdinsBeard posted:

Apparently Aksis doesn't have a stomp so you can go to town on him with razelighter during the DPS phase.

:vince:

I might have to take that Sleeper comment back.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
HAIL MARY OH gently caress

http://i.imgur.com/mW9QkQQ.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
nothing but net

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Necrochasm was sort of a quest
Touch Of Malice
Outbreak Prime
No Time To Explain

ugh dont remind me about necro

Did you need a raid completion for NTTE? I forgot

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Legs Benedict posted:

ugh dont remind me about necro

Did you need a raid completion for NTTE? I forgot

you need to complete VoG

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

OdinsBeard posted:

Yeah that's a good way to get in front of your buddies using Gjallarhorn and cause wipe

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

you need to complete VoG

Which is pretty fun because with our current gear levels you can obliterate Atheon in a single damage phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

What are my chances of finding 3 other "cool dudes" to blindly run all the raids to experience the "game mechanics"

• Locked thread