Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Like it'd be one thing if schools were implementing vaccine mandates or even if all of the students were masked, but some states have made that literally illegal and teachers are receiving death threats lol

Oh sweet snipe opportunity: gently caress DeSantis, gently caress Trump, every Trump voter is responsible for the mess that we're in today and can eat a festering rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Bring on the Horse Drugs!!!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

QuarkJets posted:

asdf32 do you have some sort of illness that compels you to post bullshit in covid-19 threads? This is literally how you got banned from the D&D thread

ha, following this lead to the d&d thread, the dude has no posts at all between april of 2020 and then the 6th of this month there, and the shot and chaser does seem mildly funny

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Health and safety administration in Finland released a news item today saying that "all of the current patients in the hospitals due to COVID-19, either in the intensive care or just in observation, are unvaccinated. Get the stab.". Our current numbers stand at 71.1% vaccinated once and 47.7% vaccinated twice. Like everywhere else (?) we are currently vaccinating everyone over the age of 12 and at this point, we have enough of supply to drop doing the age groups of classifications.

On a population of 5.2 million, we now stand at 1018 dead total, and currently 98 in hospital, with 124 285 confirmed cases total, and our numbers are going down even though the schools opened up few weeks ago and the university campuses are opening to some degree in the next upcoming weeks. At our uni there are aggressively promoted "walk in" campaigns for the several few first weeks, and all the foreign students who got Sinovax or Sputnik V at home can get a booster shot of Moderna if they want one, with the 3rd round of shots for locals coming in next few months. Normal recommendations for using masks everywhere when not at home is still enforced, although like everywhere else we have those 5-10% of shitheads who refuse to cooperate because of "muh rights".

So at least some good news at last, this doesn't look that bad anymore! \o/

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Der Kyhe posted:

Normal recommendations for using masks everywhere when not at home is still enforced, although like everywhere else we have those 5-10% of shitheads who refuse to cooperate because of "muh rights".

Only 5-10%, be thankful Finnish goon!

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Rad-daddio posted:

ah, big dick orgone energy.

Oh gently caress, orgone. Had a coworker at a job from years back who was obsessed with that poo poo so I got to learn all about it. I bet they refused the vax. :smith:

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

the gently caress is an orgone

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

someone's never been cloudbusting

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Katamari Democracy posted:

Bring on the Horse Drugs!!!!

https://twitter.com/brenontheroad/status/1429624844379824129

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

https://www.techarp.com/science/greenlight-ivermectin-japan/

Horse drug addicts are saying it's proof that ivermectin is the silver bullet, but the reality of his statements don't seem match their claims.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol He literally says it proves nothing

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Decon posted:

"Orgone was seen as a massless, omnipresent substance, similar to luminiferous aether, but more closely associated with living energy than with inert matter. It could allegedly coalesce to create organization on all scales, from the smallest microscopic units—called "bions" in orgone theory—to macroscopic structures like organisms, clouds, or even galaxies"

It only gets stranger from there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Stickman posted:

The problem is that even if you are vaccinated, for everyone over ~40 a Delta breakthrough is likely the most dangerous infection they’ll have gotten in their life even before you consider the potential long-term risks. That goes extra for older folks who where vaccinated long enough ago that protection has waned. Current unboosted vaccination is inadequate to control spread when people are doing all those high-risk activities without additional precautions (boosted might still be inadequate against Delta too). While spread might be a little slower, it’s still going to be in the category of “nearly everyone who doesn’t take personal precautions gets exposed relatively soon, probably infected”.

Ideally you would implement a vaccine passport system and also stricter controls until Delta is controlled.

We are a client state of the US and most of us live like within an hour's drive of the border, which is now open. Schools are opening in two weeks. We will not be controlling the spread. As much as I think an elimination approach would've been the smart play it's just completely outside the realm of possibilities for a Canadian province. The name of the game now is preventing the ICU from overflowing like it did last winter and that's likely going to be accomplished by locking the unvaccinated out of everything. There is zero appetite here for a general shutdown of stuff again. We still have masks and capacity limits and certain things aren't open, but as far as I can tell most vaccinated people here are just not afraid of COVID at this point. They're afraid of getting in a car accident or having a heart attack and finding out there's no beds for them because they're full of unvaccinated chuds.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Zil posted:

"Orgone was seen as a massless, omnipresent substance, similar to luminiferous aether, but more closely associated with living energy than with inert matter. It could allegedly coalesce to create organization on all scales, from the smallest microscopic units—called "bions" in orgone theory—to macroscopic structures like organisms, clouds, or even galaxies"

It only gets stranger from there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone

Hold on a minute....

:350:

:hmmno:

Nope. Can't get stoned enough for that to start making sense.

But also I have normal hobbies instead of believing in magic to distract myself from how much I hate my life so.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Decon posted:

Hold on a minute....

But also I have normal hobbies instead of believing in magic to distract myself from how much I hate my life so.

We did get a sweet Kate Bush music video out of that stuff, though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllRW9wETzw

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Der Kyhe posted:

So at least some good news at last, this doesn't look that bad anymore! \o/

I don't believe in good news - "they" are supressing the bad news, with lawyers :tinfoil:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Decon posted:

Hold on a minute....

i'm paraphrasing from a half remembered deep dive on the subject but imagine if a freudian psychologist decided that orgasm energy floated all around us permeating all living things and if he could just figure out how to measure and identify it, it would let you use the force from star wars to make clouds rain

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Decon posted:

Basically planetary soul/life force like from that final fantasy movie.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
[Jeremy is telling Mark about the courses he's taking at the New Wellness Centre] 

Mark Corrigan : [worried]  Jez, I think I've heard about these people, there's stuff all over the internet about them.

Jeremy Usborne : Yes, that's right. There's a conspiracy about them on the internet.

Mark Corrigan : [looking through the book Jeremy has been given]  There's a lot of stuff about an asteroid in here.

Jeremy Usborne : Yeah, it's all based on the seven sacred truths from the golden tablets found in the asteroid which crashed in Siberia in 1911. It's a really great book, you'd love the chapter on Orgones.

Mark Corrigan : Orgones?

Jeremy Usborne : Orgones are the invisible molecules of universal life energy which govern our moods and our actions. Negative Orgones are the sources of all the problems in the world.

Mark Corrigan : And you believe that?

Jeremy Usborne : Well, how do explain all the problems in the world.

Mark Corrigan : I mean, I couldn't just... There are so many historical and economic factors.

Jeremy Usborne : Exactly. You haven't got a clue.

Mark Corrigan : But come on, Jez? Asteroids? Orgones? What would you say if I came home one day talking about that kind of stuff?

Jeremy Usborne : I'd say "That's sounds fascinating, please tell me more." See you later.

Mark Corrigan : [voiceover]  Jeremy's in a cult. Jeremy in a cult. It does have a certain ring to it.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

my cousin has been on one hell of an anti-mask/lockdown tear that everybody is sick of listening to. he got the first shot to comply with any possible mandates but doesn't want the second.. so not sure how well that's going to work. oh also he coincidentally thinks a mass die off will be good for the planet/humanity (and not just a meaningless blip of needless pain and suffering) so he could give a gently caress what happens either way. pretty much just waiting for him to get it at this point? see if he changes his mind at all or if he puts his money where his mouth is and kicks the bucket

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

ben shapino posted:

my cousin has been on one hell of an anti-mask/lockdown tear that everybody is sick of listening to.

My fondest dream is that enough chuds annoy people around them that they, for the most part, self-ostracize organically.

This is of course a farfetched dream thanks to the internet and the South and various other idiocies that have become endemic to this country.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

ben shapino posted:

he got the first shot to comply with any possible mandates but doesn't want the second

I'm not aware of any mandates that don't include both shots. It's almost useless without the second shot, especially in the face of the delta variant.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

tagesschau posted:

I'm not aware of any mandates that don't include both shots.

If the mandate uses the verbiage "fully vaccinated", that means both shots for an mRNA vax, or a one-n-done like J&J.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

A Fancy Hat posted:

Last Thanksgiving my father-in-law begged us to come up and visit him and his new wife. We said no, we just didn't feel safe doing it.

We finally relented and met up with him a few weeks later. Spent a few hours outside by a bonfire. His wife was supposedly working and wasn't there, so it was just 3 of us.

Christmas comes along and he's asking us to come up again. We again say we don't feel safe.

"Well my wife and I had covid when you were over last time and you were fine."

Turns out his wife was sick in bed with covid when we were up there last time and he also tested positive. That would have been great to know considering my wife and I were both going into the office for work at that point.

I'm a little late here, but

JESUS loving CHRIST dude!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

QuarkJets posted:

Like it'd be one thing if schools were implementing vaccine mandates or even if all of the students were masked, but some states have made that literally illegal and teachers are receiving death threats lol

Oh sweet snipe opportunity: gently caress DeSantis, gently caress Trump, every Trump voter is responsible for the mess that we're in today and can eat a festering rear end in a top hat

Whatever you do, do not call Ron DeSantis the bad f-word. Then you get banned and everyone gets to pretend they're immune to criticism while they poo poo on you, then a high school friend doxxes you and blows up that relationship.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

tagesschau posted:

I'm not aware of any mandates that don't include both shots. It's almost useless without the second shot, especially in the face of the delta variant.

i know, he's really not that bright.

he's also very obviously upset that i'm not hanging out with him as much anymore and it's like half because of the pandemic and half because he's insufferable and condescending about literally every loving thing all the time and why should i even need a REASON to not hang out with people like that lol. he's too proud to just come out with it that way though, it's gotta be some debate style bullshit where he's sending me bill maher clips at 8 in the morning and i'm just ignoring him until the weekend where i maybe have the time to try and deal with his poo poo but aaaaaaaaaaaaa just stop being a fuckin dipshit! i'm going to put you on the herman cain award page myself at this point!!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

QuarkJets posted:

I'm more worried about the cost. If I wear a respirator every day then I need to replace my entire wardrobe with cyberpunk poo poo

the beauty of cyberpunk clothes is that it can be almost anything you like. you could dress like a yoshitaka amano character and you would still be cyberpunk as long as you have the respirator

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Do you respirator people ever see anybody else out there wearing one?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

How are u posted:

The fun thing about wearing a no-poo poo respirator at work is that nobody loving comes near you

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

How are u posted:

A couple. Always give the approving head nod to each other from 20 feet

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

A Strange Aeon posted:

Only 5-10%, be thankful Finnish goon!

I do not normally humblebrag, but I think this is important to mention: for the children from 12 years old up to being considered adult (18 yo) our health care administration actually requires the children's consent for the COVID-19 vaccination. We started 1 month ago, and the results now are that 47.7% of the age group 12-18 are vaccinated, and they currently are the most rapidly rising group, probably hitting 70% before the 25-29 year olds.

Our elementary schools teach media literacy, ways to spot false media, and fact checking as a subject.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Der Kyhe posted:

Our elementary schools teach media literacy, ways to spot false media, and fact checking as a subject.

Christ, I know college students who can't figure out that poo poo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

quote:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — The Central Florida Division of AdventHealth has reached capacity at its hospital morgues due to an influx of COVID-19 patients, the organization said in an email.

“We have begun utilizing rented, refrigerated coolers at 10 of our campuses throughout Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, & Volusia counties,” the email said. “These coolers are quickly becoming filled also.”

https://www.wftv.com/news/health/adventhealth-morgues-reach-capacity-due-covid-19-deaths/UBJY3Z7SX5AZ3B2UFRCA7WC4YE/

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the other day the local news did a spot about the however many millions of dollars of cares act money the state gave to the fire dept so they could build some of those mobile freezer morgues, because "we saw many counties in other states getting a lot of use out of them during the early months of the pandemic."

and now they can too!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
There is just no need for school in a post-minecraft society. Younger kids can learn how to socialize and develop their navigational and motor skills. Older children can learn the basics of geology, botany, agriculture, agronomy, ecology, zoology and so much more! Learn how to punch for wood like the pioneers. Explore history with different historical builds! Teach children how to mine! Minecraft has it all!

also sweet I love that Kate Bush song (she's a bit :tinfoil: but oh well)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Plant MONSTER. posted:

There is just no need for school in a post-minecraft society. Younger kids can learn how to socialize and develop their navigational and motor skills. Older children can learn the basics of geology, botany, agriculture, agronomy, ecology, zoology and so much more! Learn how to punch for wood like the pioneers. Explore history with different historical builds! Teach children how to mine! Minecraft has it all!

also sweet I love that Kate Bush song (she's a bit :tinfoil: but oh well)

I can give you 35 years worth of "homeschooling kids fucks them up" but you don't care, and also this thing is unprecedented

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just create a classroom in GarrysMod

just DONT import counter-strike assets or you will have a virtual active shooter event!!!!!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
what if we waited to send kids back at least until they could be vaccinated which seems like it's going to be some time this fall

then what if we also didn't drop NPIs in schools until vaccines can be made mandatory for schoolchildren

i'm sure homeschooling makes kids weird and boy this has all been unpleasant but we are feeding children to covid when the finish line is just around the corner