Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Tenebrais posted:

I guess it was never made explicit but it always looked to me that the big turning point was presenting their secret technology as a means to make money, and thus a Singularity, rather than sneaking around because its real use is to collapse society. Garion's knowledge would have told them how exactly to properly register the Well as a Singularity and present themselves as a corporate business.

You don't become one of the Head's Arbiters without being able to fill some serious paperwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

You don't become one of the Head's Arbiters without being able to fill some serious paperwork.

attaching a dead guy to some random form as an 'addendum' is the kind of joke that probably never gets old

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

silentsnack posted:

attaching a dead guy to some random form as an 'addendum' is the kind of joke that probably never gets old

Weekend at Bernie’s, in triplicate

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

BassMug posted:

Weekend at Bernie’s, in triplicate

Garion: “Ugh, do you have any idea how long it took me to find two more people who looked like that Bernie guy? It seriously cut into my tea time.”

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Winterdragon2004 posted:

I'm most interested in the Purple Tear being present. She was the one who sent Roland to the Library in the first place, implying she can circumvent the Invitation process somehow. And considering she was mentioned in the same breath as the Blue Reverberation, who seem to be more invested in the Library than most...

The interesting bit for me was the discussion where, immediately following the reveal that the Purple Tear and Blue Reverberation have shown interest in the Library, the Thumb leadership is like "Oh, poo poo, the Blue Reverberation? What is that insane guy up to now?" And they don't mention the Purple Tear at all.

That suggests to me that the Blue Reverberation is operating at the level of the Fingers... and the Purple Tear is operating above their level. (That's assume that the Purple Tear isn't the agent responsible for the invitations. We still don't know how they're happening yet.)

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Narsham posted:

The interesting bit for me was the discussion where, immediately following the reveal that the Purple Tear and Blue Reverberation have shown interest in the Library, the Thumb leadership is like "Oh, poo poo, the Blue Reverberation? What is that insane guy up to now?" And they don't mention the Purple Tear at all.

That suggests to me that the Blue Reverberation is operating at the level of the Fingers... and the Purple Tear is operating above their level. (That's assume that the Purple Tear isn't the agent responsible for the invitations. We still don't know how they're happening yet.)
They don't dive into why R. Corp is loving around in the Nest either, is Purple Tear on the level of a Wing, which are different levels than an Association and a Finger? It seems to me that it's just them diving into their personal connection i.e. that gently caress robbed us, what an rear end.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
This is the first time we're been attacked by a group of four named characters at once. Previously the max was 3.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Narsham posted:

To me, that's more that they expect the Purple Tear to act basically rationally. If they've shown an interest in the Library, it's probably for a client or something, it's not a mystery that needs a huge amount of attention.

Blue Reverberation, on the other hand, is a known Crazy Motherfucker, and if he's showing an interest, it's because he's up to Some Kind of Crazy Bullshit that's probably worth being conscious of.

Spector29
Nov 28, 2016

I aspire to one day be known as a certified Crazy Motherfucker

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Spector29 posted:

I aspire to one day be known as a certified Crazy Motherfucker

the licensing is super strict

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

To me, that's more that they expect the Purple Tear to act basically rationally. If they've shown an interest in the Library, it's probably for a client or something, it's not a mystery that needs a huge amount of attention.

Blue Reverberation, on the other hand, is a known Crazy Motherfucker, and if he's showing an interest, it's because he's up to Some Kind of Crazy Bullshit that's probably worth being conscious of.

If I lived in the City and survived long enough to climb to the leadership of one of the Fingers, I'd always be more concerned about what the rational Colors are up to than the irrational ones. Blue Reverberation could gently caress with you at any point, unpredictably. If you know what Purple Tear is trying to do, you could try to avoid coming into conflict accidentally. In other words, I understand why they're so focused on Blue over Purple, and I think it's a huge mistake.

We don't have much to go on in guessing what the Purple Tear is up to, beyond sending Roland into the Library, but my bet is that it will be more important by the end of the game than what the Blue Reverberation is up to (though I don't expect the Librarians to fight the Purple Tear).

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Narsham posted:

If I lived in the City and survived long enough to climb to the leadership of one of the Fingers, I'd always be more concerned about what the rational Colors are up to than the irrational ones. Blue Reverberation could gently caress with you at any point, unpredictably. If you know what Purple Tear is trying to do, you could try to avoid coming into conflict accidentally. In other words, I understand why they're so focused on Blue over Purple, and I think it's a huge mistake.

We don't have much to go on in guessing what the Purple Tear is up to, beyond sending Roland into the Library, but my bet is that it will be more important by the end of the game than what the Blue Reverberation is up to (though I don't expect the Librarians to fight the Purple Tear).

You don't? I expect them to fight Purple Tear and Blue Reverb AND Black Silence.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
And the Scarlet Pumpernickel too :ohdear:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Slaan posted:

But enough about Gebura. :v:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Slaan posted:

Pretty sure the Scarlet Pimpernel is quite satisfied with the City.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

habituallyred posted:

Pretty sure the Scarlet Pimpernel is quite satisfied with the City.

not since they hired Citizen Chauvelin as a claw

he can't forgive the loss of that rear end

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Book 36: The Thumb—Chapter 4

Music: GuestBattle01

I think these Hauler abilities from the Sweepers will help us take care of the enemies today. If nothing else, we'll keep going longer than they will.

Pretty smart… but remember when we were practicing before? We can regain our balance between sorties, so using both might just be overkill.

We'll see how it works out, then.

Nothing too unusual here, though we're breaking out the Sweeper passives to make sure these guys won't die so easily…

Evil Kit, meanwhile, is debuting the Thumb Soldato's keypage! I've given him all of the 'on discard' support, alongside increases to his starting hand size. The latter was a mistake, for reasons we'll get into later. Deckwise, I'm satisfied with this build—though I'd probably trade in at least one Shock Rounds now. I… didn't notice they were a draw page at the time. :sweatdrop:

Today's guests are a 3-act affair, and we've got two floors to fight them with. The first act is three Thumb Soldatos, led by Denis.

Denis is a cut above normal Soldatos, recovering an extra Ammunition for every 3 that he uses. He also gets Pierce Mastery for an additional +1 on all Pierce dice. Outside of being Soldato+, there's not much else to say about him.

Music: ChesedBattle01

There's actually a flag in the Thumb Soldato's AI that changes their text based on whether or not a boss is present. If they are, the Soldatos stay completely silent. It's the little things. :allears:

It's a pleasure to accept your offer. Let's get to business.

Ah, come now. No need to be so formal~ We're all about to die here, anyways.

That's against the way of the Thumb. Apologies.

Mmm… If you say so.

The only notable thing on this turn is one of the Soldatos leading with a Focus Fire. It won't be nearly as strong since their hand can't have Ammunition in it yet, but that 7-17 die is still a terror—we have Twee shield it.

Sniff sniff… sniff…

Aha! It's right down there! That's where that smell's coming from now!

My my… what's all this?

…Binah? What are you doing in the observation room?

I'm simply observing one of my dear librarians… but it seems I've wandered into something interesting.

It's a fight, isn't it? Who do you think will win?

I'd think that was obvious. We will!

Oooh… I haven't seen Sweet Pea doing fights in ages! I wanna see, Miss Binah! Can we?

Yes, I think we'll watch.

That's… don't think you have to. We've got things handled here~

Now, now. I'll simply offer suggestions should I feel like it, and you can act on them should you feel like it. It should be familiar enough.

…Alright. I suppose we're all working towards the same purpose now anyways.

My, your ability to quickly adjust to changing circumstances is certainly what should be expected of a former 'elite.' But still… That smile doesn't quite reach your eyes, Chesed.

What a coincidence. Neither does yours~

It looks like we're out of time, sir!

I'm fine, though. Looks like they didn't break out anything too dangerous.

For real… so far this is child's play. I can't believe they nearly took out Yesod's team before.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

They still can pack a punch, you know! And they're to pay for it!

If I may?

By all means… if you're striking me, you've certainly got something on your mind.

Your followers lack discipline. I understand the nature of this bargain… but can you beat anyone like that?

I can see how that may concern you…

It's a good thought… between the city's rigid order and our own chaotic element… what will the result of such a blend be?

Maybe a macchiato?

Yes, I think that'd work. I'll try mixing one up when we're done here.

If it's a macchiato, y'better color the milk blue first… because we're going to wind up on top!

All this talk of unrefined swill… it speaks to your confidence that you find the time for such trivialities in the midst of a pitched conflict.

Forget about all that! I've got some important news!

Oooh! Sounds important! What's up, Kitto?

It seems that in all of the fuss, I've has managed to manufacture some specialized rounds to use!

Looks fancy! Don't you think so, Patchy?

I keep telling you all not to call me that… Ugh. They're fine, I guess.

Now that we have some, it's time to talk about Ammunition! Ammunition is created automatically through certain Thumb Key and Combat page passives, and is why the extra draw in Evil Kit's build was a mistake—we need open spots in our hand or else we can't spawn in the Ammunition we need. The Ammunition pages themselves come in three flavors:

The three Ammunition pages are all single-die 0-cost Ranged Combat Pages, with Flame being Blunt and the other two being Slash. We Exhaust these pages by either discarding them or playing them, and when we do so all ranged attacks we make during this turn will gain a bonus effect based on the Ammunition Exhausted.

Armor-piercing: Enemy dice clashing against ranged attacks get -1 Power.
Frost: On hit, ranged attacks also inflict 1 Paralysis and 1 Disarm next turn.
Flame: On hit, ranged attacks inflict 2 Burn.

These effects apply to all ranged attacks we make including those of the Ammunition themselves, and they stack. If we were to play our Frost Ammunition and our Flame Ammunition this turn, both of the shots would inflict 1 Paralysis, 1 Disarm, and 2 Burn.

If we play both the Suppressing Shots in Evil Kit's hand instead, however, each one would discard one of the 0-cost Ammunition pages to give themselves +1 Power. In addition, all four ranged attacks would inflict 1 Paralysis, 1 Disarm, and 2 Burn on hit.

So we do that. :v:

We're also looking at a pair of Focus Fires. Chesed Deep Drags one, and Twee goes for a Crack of Dawn on the other—it's going to lose the first clash, but it's got a Block die and Twee will give them Burn stacks in exchange.

Alright! Let's take this gun for a ride and see what it can really do!

Ah… crap!

This same guy again, man..! But you'll get yours, or my name isn't Evil Kit!

It's hard to see because it goes by so quickly, but Denis's expression changes when he's using his gun.

It's much easier to see in the artbook. He's out here having a great time. :allears:

Anyways, Chesed completely stuffs his Focus Fire.

Regarding your previous statement… it seems your rigid team is having problems with our flexibility, no~?

The Smiling Faces' smoke… with that strange body.

And those high-class workshop weapons we've never seen before…

And her… Well, the Blade Lineage is the Blade Lineage, in the end.

Hey EK, I'll grab a slice of revenge pie for you!

Appreciated!

Now… from hell's heart, I inconvenience thee!

And now… our own technique… What is this place..?

It's been some time since I've been able to enjoy my favorite music, Chesed. It makes me desire the taste of tea. I must thank you for that, if nothing else.

Tea, really? Why not try something a little more tasty?

Drinking your preferred beverage would be lowering my standards by a margin far greater than any should have to.

Sniff sniff! Waitasec, I know that smell!

It's a cutie, isn't it! Oh boy, I didn't realize they'd still be coming to help us with fighting again! :keke:

I have an idea. Let me take hold of the Woodsman's hand, would you all~?

Of course, boss.

I wonder if I'll get to grow wings again…

You got wings? That sounds pretty cool.

While their leader is open and could easily be brought low, it is important that your eyes capture the full extent of our goal, rather than obsessing over victories or tragedies that are right in front of you.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

Um… translation, anyone?

They're saying not to target the Capo just yet.

I'll draw the fire of the one bringing out the big guns. You guys handle the rest.

I'm all for letting you take the bullet, Tweeds, but you're still not ordering me around.

Split the shots with you, then?

Works for me. Let's do it.

What are you going to do about that bottom one, though?

I wouldn't worry about them. Looks like they're trying to hit people up close.

It'd be a shame if you tripped over a bullet en route..!

But the paralysis won't do anything to them if you stun them…

They'll still feel it. Wounds are the best place to store salt, after all!

In the meanwhile, Twee tanks her third Focus Fire this combat…

She's still running fine, though.

Wasn't pleasant, but I got through it. How's things with you, Sweet Pea?

Easy peasy, I'm basically untouchable if they're just shooting at me. Want me to cover for you?

Nah… I have this guy handled, and the bullet wounds are healing well enough.

Mmm.. I'd say things have definitely broken in our favor, wouldn't you?

Ngh…

A blend of carefully chosen flavors, ground together into a refreshing, fragrant aroma… I'd honestly take it any day over the homogenized hot leaf juice you folk have made for yourselves.

Oh? Were you trying to provoke me or the Thumb just now, Chesed?

I'm simply stating things as I see them~

I suppose even an incorrect observation has merit in its countless faults.

The bosses are squabbling over something irrelevant. That means this is my chance…

To take this one out! And now…

Wow, Sweet Pea! Twee! You killed that so fast I couldn't tell who did it! How very captain-y!

Really? Well, they must have bled out after my last attack.

Don't be ridiculous. They were on fire, clearly I was the one who took care of it.

Well, someone's a bad loser…

Muahahahaha!

I figure that since we won't be getting Emotion Level refills after this point, Timber will let Evil Kit leverage our lower Light into more power. I probably should have taken Rake here instead, but… really, this particular page won't make much difference to the flow of battle.

Music: ChesedBattle02

We're kind of pounding them into the ground already, after all. :v:

So this is the end…

More or less. You could try to run, I hear that's worked well for some people~

When one disobeys their superior, crush the skull completely. We've got our orders. It's our fault for not being strong enough.

Well. They've chosen their fate. Let's not keep them waiting~

Got it!

Hey Miss Binah! That thing you asked for is all ready!

Oh, is it now? Exquisite work, dear.

That thing? And what have you got going on behind our back, I wonder~

Simple refreshment, if you must know. I find it most ideal to listen to the screams and lamentations of those hoping in vain to cling to life whilst I enjoy a properly brewed cup of black tea.

What a shame~ Seems you'll finish your cup before we have any more of those.

Perhaps. My dears have learned well; I could savor this drink for some time to come.

I did a good job! :keke:

Music: GuestBattle01

The second act of this fight is another trio of Soldatos, alongside a second Capo: Boris.

Boris is not like most members of the Thumb.

Boris does not need a gun. Boris simply punches the poo poo out of you.

Boris is awesome. :allears:

Music: ChesedBattle02

My turn… here's to a good, clean fight.

I'll drink to that.

Open fire, boys.

Getting really tired of these, guys!

I'll get in their way with you this time, then.

The enemy using Focus Fire on turn 1 is actually a mixed blessing. They can't possibly Stagger anyone off of it, and with a fresh hand I'm likely to have a Block die to throw in the way of the main one. Because it eats all of their Light and Soldatos don't run any 0-cost pages, it's also the only combat page they get to use. If we're lucky and they don't roll maximum on either of the two dice then next turn they'll only have 1 Light to use and basically force a single Class and Respect turn. This is actually a pretty good position to be starting in. In addition to that, we have a second ace up our sleeve.

Chesed booked a pair of opponents at the end of the last act, and because Cardiae will persist between acts, it instantly reduced the two highest-cost pages in his opening hand to 0. We've got a pair of free Deep Drags on tap, and we're absolutely going to abuse them. :getin:

Anyways, Twee tanks through her fourth Focus Fire today.

I am really getting tired of that attack.

Aww, gassed already Tweeds?

If you'd gotten shot so much you'd be complaining too, you know.

Hey, that's why I rely on not getting shot.

Not… always an option!

A respectful warning to my superiors… Looking down on us with side conversations isn't wise.

Oh? Ohoho? You sound quite irritated.

I don't like them much, I guess.

Chesed, meanwhile, Inhales Smoke…

And then does a perfectly reasonable amount of Stagger damage to turn 1 Stagger this Soldato.

That wasn't the wisest confession to make, I'm afraid~

It wasn't..?

Well… you'll see.

Mizu!

Which one?

Any of you! What's your favorite Abnormality?

Dibs! Oh oh oh, definitely dibs! Okay, my favorite one is "all of them," except the ones that smell bad, which is just the Sweepers.

Mmhm, yes, yes, I see. I see! Go on!

Ah. I getcha. Just can't let it get to me.

Boris starts using his unique pages on us this turn. The first one is Steel Knuckles, which most people say is one of the best pages in the game for solo strategies. And... yeah. Yeah.

Two Blunt dice. Draws a page. Decent enough counter die that deals actual damage. 2-cost is actually quite reasonable. It's good.

Anyways, Chesed is going to smash it to bits.

His other page, Ferrous Guard, has a pair of comically oversized Block Dice considering its cost is 1. Because its offensive die is tiny, we can safely ignore it as long as we get all of our attacks on Boris in before it comes out.

The real goal this turn is to try to keep the Soldatos on the backfoot while putting a bit of damage on Boris.

Aha! So the three birds forming together alters their smell! I never would have guessed!

Yeah… I can tune this out fine. Not sure what you were trying to accomplish.

Speaking of Der Freischütz, Mizu, did you know it's very hard to block bullets from a person you're pointedly not paying any attention to?

I didn't! Is that how he always landed his shots? Because we couldn't see it in containment?

I think you may just be on to something.

While Evil Kit took a bit of a beating last turn, Focus Fire this turn more than takes care of it—we've given him Best Choice to restore 3 HP per page discarded from his hand, and since Focus Fire drops 4, he recouped 12 HP all at once. In addition, because each of the Ammo he pitched were Frost Ammunition, in two shots he managed to pile on 9 Paralysis and 8 Disarm in a single turn.

Dammit… He got me.

Yes, he'll do that~ Don't worry too much about it. Everyone has things they're good or bad at.

You're right. Thanks for the pep talk.

Koff… you're welcome.

Jeez; this one's still standing! Sweet Pea, can you take care of it?!

Anytime, Tweeds. Need me to show you up anywhere else?

Nah, that pretty much covers it for now. Thanks.

Excellent teamwork, you two. I've just about got this one all wrapped up, too~

Wrapped up… but you smell like Woodsman, not Spider Buddy. You sure you don't wanna hear about Woodsman instead?

I'm fine. Why don't you tell Miss Binah? I'm sure she'd love to hear about it~

Why don't you tell all of us?

Okay! So its charm point is definitely that chest cavity… I wanna curl up in there and take a nap. It seems really cozy, you know?!

Because of Cardiae, it's very easy for Chesed's light to stay high throughout the opening turns of an act. This makes A Warm Heart an easy pick… and since it's our only level 2 Abnormality Page, it's not like we have any choice anyways.

Wuh-oh… I don't like the look in that guy's eye.

You shouldn't. It's the same look the others gave us.

And now it's coming at me… What the heck is it?

I like to call it 'just desserts.'

Discipline is Boris's signature attack, and the first page we've seen that negates Power effects. Both Discipline and whatever page clashes into it lose any Power boosts or penalties that they would receive. That 8 Disarm will do nothing to those two Block Dice, but Paralysis will still work since it's affecting the die range and not specifically Power. As a final note, the last die of Discipline will roll 3 times whether it hits or misses, making it just about impossible for us to block fully—and Concussion's +2 SR damage to Blunt dice isn't a Power effect, so it works just fine.

I have Twee intercept it here since she's built to take a beating, and each hit from Discipline will also put 1-2 burn onto Boris in exchange.

I got your back here, Sweet Pea.

Thanks, Tweeds. I'll snatch a kill for you in thanks.

As long as the work gets done.

They shoot bullet after bullet my way, and I've just cut them all down. You'd think they'd learn…

Those things are expensive. You shouldn't bother wasting them like that.

Now that I'm paying attention to you again, that doesn't hurt half as much…

Paying attention, are you?

Heck.

So anyways, Mizus, I'm of the opinion that the finest drink is actually neither coffee nor tea, but soda. That carbonated swill never fails to bring me joy!

…I must say, he's very skilled at instinctually finding precisely what rot to spew forth in order to cause a maximum amount of anger among those unused to observing him. Were it not so blindingly obvious that his words lacked conviction, even one such as myself may be taken in.

Everyone on my team is highly skilled… in their own ways.

Sorry to get in your way, but I can't have you getting up close to my teammates.

I wouldn't expect any different. You jumped right in the way of that gunfire before. A real protector, ain't ya?

If you can take the hit, you do. That keeps it from going to someone who can't.

I really don't see how a mindset like that ever got you so far. You guys are really something else…

Shouldn't you be respecting us, instead of running your mouth like that?

Don't get it wrong, I do respect you. Absolutely. After all…

Outlook like that means you've taken a hell of a lot of beatings you didn't have to.

Better to let troubles roll off of your back and land on an underling, then~?

Yeah, you get it. The weak are there to be used. Those who can get through it, they deserve to use. Simple.

It's dumb is what it is! Sorry, Mizu, I'll be right back—have to take this. I mean, think about it. If the bosses around here were to do such a thing, all of the problems would be shoved onto me!

That a problem?

Darn right it is! Nobody wants to work that hard!

…People like you get purged. That just leaves the strong.

Boris's deck has two copies of Discipline in it, and he loves to play them as often as he possibly can. This time around he's targeting Evil Kit with one from his 5 die, and nobody else can snatch it off of him.

So I just ignore it entirely.

Aha, I see the problem with you now. Sticks out like a sore thumb! Twee, could you draw some attention?

Sure thing.

Y'see, you missed one thing. You may have strength…

But underhanded tricks are my speciality!

With Boris's SR so low and Kit having a 6 Speed die available, we could have Twee redirect the 2 die and just Stagger him. Evil Kit winds up avoiding any Discipline, as usual.

Got this one down. Shall we mop up?

I'll take care of it from here.

…Sorry boss. I'll have to leave it to you.

And that's that. I'd say we've got things well in hand by now, wouldn't you?

You've provided adequately interesting sights to me thus far, at any rate. Still, your path trails ever onward before you, and there is little time before another thorny battle awaits. You will have to drag yourselves along still further until the work is done.

Maybe so… but I think we're up to the task~

I've barely even got a scratch on me.

Then how about you stop their next bevy of big guns?

Naah, I'm good. I couldn't get in the way of your niche, Tweeds.

Pfft... Yeah, okay. Just stay behind me and I'll take care of it.

Next time, on Library of Ruina: Two down, two to go.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 28, 2022

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Preferring soda over tea or, worse, coffee? Kit really is evil :stare:

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...

TeeQueue posted:

Boris really is the best for his character. Man brings a fist to a gun fight and is perfectly fine.

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.
Hahaha, of course Binah would be the one to commentate over Chesed. As before he gets to be under the eyes of her, and she is the one to in their first lives to directly gently caress with him what with coercing him to release the Abnormalities. Just about the only person worse for her to oversee would be Gebura, as it would mean the Arbiter is just sitting back watching as the Red Mist goes ham on killing other things…again.

Also you just know that if it wasn’t obvious Evil Kit was just spewing poo poo for the sake of it and directing it at someone else, after that soda comment he would have been squished/obliterated under a Fairy Lock pillar or 8.

Greenking77
Nov 6, 2022
Chesed and Binah arguing over tea vs coffee is great. Also Evil Kit gleefully being a little poo poo.

We got a new punch page for Malkuth! (And now Talow is here to join in on teasing Bishop)

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014

Slaan posted:

Preferring soda over tea or, worse, coffee? Kit really is evil :stare:

If by evil you mean completely correct.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I love every card with neat special animations, but it has to be said that I love Discipline the most.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

You know what else is carbonated? Beer.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Theantero posted:

I love every card with neat special animations, but it has to be said that I love Discipline the most.

For my money, Discipline has the most satisfying animation/sound effect combo in the game, which is amazing considering how simple it is.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

There's actually a flag in the Thumb Soldato's AI that changes their text based on whether or not a boss is present. If they are, the Soldatos stay completely silent. It's the little things. :allears:
This is cool. They are very disciplined. On don't have their tongues anymore, who knows.

TeeQueue posted:

These effects apply to all ranged attacks we make including those of the Ammunition themselves, and they stack. If we were to play our Frost Ammunition and our Flame Ammunition this turn, both of the shots would inflict 1 Paralysis, 1 Disarm, and 2 Burn.

If we play both the Suppressing Shots in Evil Kit's hand instead, however, each one would discard one of the 0-cost Ammunition pages to give themselves +1 Power. In addition, all four ranged attacks would inflict 1 Paralysis, 1 Disarm, and 2 Burn on hit.

Wait, aren't those "on use" effect which trigger when cards are actually used? So first two attacks would receive one bonus and later two both?

TeeQueue posted:

A blend of carefully chosen flavors, ground together into a refreshing, fragrant aroma… I'd honestly take it any day over the homogenized hot leaf juice you folk have made for yourselves.

Chesed was taking lessons in shittalking from EvilKit :allears:

TeeQueue posted:

More or less. You could try to run, I hear that's worked well for some people~

When one disobeys their superior, crush the skull completely. We've got our orders. It's our fault for not being strong enough.

This is the problem with too rigid structure. If your boss was here, he could react to changed circumstances, order a retreat and came with a better plan. Or at least regroup with a better plan. But he is not here and you guys cannot function autonomously at all.

TeeQueue posted:

With Boris's SR so low and Kit having a 6 Speed die available, we could have Twee redirect the 2 die and just Stagger him. Evil Kit winds up avoiding any Discipline, as usual.

Good old "kill them before they get to unleash that powerfull attack" routine. Works perfectly since Love Town.
Boris doesn't have a very good judge of character, otherwise he would have known better than trying to discipline Evil Kit. It simply doesn't work.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ammo is fun. Set up a proper firing squad and things like 40+ burn on some poor schmuck are well within reach.
...Though, your shots have to actually hit first.
Manipulating clashes so you can shoot without risk is critical to the thumb life.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

TeeQueue posted:

Boris does not need a gun. Boris simply punches the poo poo out of you.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Discipline has some interesting interactions with To Claim Their Bones, Kim's bigass unique counter page. Specifically, it hitting you with seven dice (two blocks and five hits) means that TCTB's extremely powerful 14-23 counter die (which is in practice 17-26 due to Kim's passives) goes off seven times, which is basically enough to take out Boris in one go. It's hilarious.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
3 rounds/waves, we've fought Denis and Boris, which means Kalo and Katriel will tag-team us in the last fight with 2 mooks.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Discipline has some interesting interactions with To Claim Their Bones, Kim's bigass unique counter page. Specifically, it hitting you with seven dice (two blocks and five hits) means that TCTB's extremely powerful 14-23 counter die (which is in practice 17-26 due to Kim's passives) goes off seven times, which is basically enough to take out Boris in one go. It's hilarious.

While a nice factoid, I'm gonna be pedantic and point out it isn't effectively 17-26 since Discipline powernulls.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It's simple, Boris uses fists so he can give everyone the gun show.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's simple, Boris uses fists so he can give everyone the gun show.

It's obvious now that you say it

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022
Never change, Evil Kit. :allears:

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
Binah's the best please never stop saying 1500 words when 5 would suffice

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

MiiNiPaa posted:

Wait, aren't those "on use" effect which trigger when cards are actually used? So first two attacks would receive one bonus and later two both?

Y'know, you're probably correct. It's a shame that the time that happened this update both hits got blocked, otherwise I could get you a definite answer right off.

:monocle:

MetaMeme posted:

Alright, who used Agi on Binah again..? :nallears:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

MetaMeme posted:

Highschool essay length requirements will do that to you.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I'm going to be a grump for a moment and say the Binah dialogue added here left me cold, but I'll also say that I fully expected that already. She's in a place that's very hard to write for, where a lot of her appeal is that she's vaguely sinister while rarely overtly threatening anyone. She's used just sparsely enough to maintain her mystique, and anything that expands on her role is necessarily going to lose some of that impact as a result. It's very hard to do things with a character like Binah! Doubly so when she's being used for comedy and for playing off the other characters, which is deliberately rarely done in the canon, which is why people want to see that sort of thing (and why, I assume, TeeQueue also wants to write it). It's a difficult situation.

But even if I wasn't a fan it didn't outright grate, which is all I'm really asking for with such a difficult character.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Einander posted:

I'm going to be a grump for a moment and say the Binah dialogue added here left me cold

to be fair when the coffee vs tea feud was added into canon i also went "she wouldn't say that" so

I dunno, I feel like it's the kind of fandom flanderization that happens whenever any character states their favourite food / drink.
Binah's also kind of terrible at straight-manning, since her whole deal is replicating Socrates, how the gently caress did i mix up Plato and Socrates to piss you off.
There's a certain adroitness to her barbs in her questioning and philosophical musings that's a total pain to write;
mostly because she basically never says the lede and spends entire conversations dancing around the point.

Needs more rhetorical questions and obtuseness I want to get through 5 sentences without her ever actually stating the point she's trying to make

MetaMeme fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

MetaMeme posted:

to be fair when the coffee vs tea feud was added into canon i also went "she wouldn't say that" so

I dunno, I feel like it's the kind of fandom flanderization that happens whenever any character states their favourite food / drink.
Binah's also kind of terrible at straight-manning, since her whole deal is replicating Plato to piss you off.
There's a certain adroitness to her barbs in her questioning and philosophical musings that's a total pain to write;
mostly because she basically never says the lede and spends entire conversations dancing around the point.

Needs more rhetorical questions and obtuseness I want to get through 5 sentences without her ever actually stating the point she's trying to make

Binah: "But you have heard of such animals before, yes?"

Hod: "Animals like..."

Binah: "Rhetorical animals. Animals that exist in words."

Hod: "Like Abnormalities?"

Binah: "In a way. But locked within our collective minds still." [sippy]

Hod: "And they're... dangerous?"

Binah: "But of course. One is in your head even now."

Hod: "Wait, how can th—"

Gebura: [interrupts] "Look, I'll just ask it. Binah, what is updog?"