Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just to keep the thread title rolling, AJ Johnson died, cause unknown as of yet

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/20/1038951821/friday-and-menace-ii-society-actor-a-j-johnson-has-died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Edmond Dantes posted:

How's Godless?

God-awfully boring waste of a good premise and less-explored historical details of the West.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked when there was a horse on a roof. Otherwise, good performances but meh, overlong scripting.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What I remember from godless is that I saw it on Netflix one time and thought it looked interesting, and then noticed I had already watched it before.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Cojawfee posted:

What I remember from godless is that I saw it on Netflix one time and thought it looked interesting, and then noticed I had already watched it before.

Hahhahaha dude this is EXACTLY what happened to me. I was so confused because I remembered nothing about it, so thought someone used my account. But after I read a synopsis I was like "Oh...yeah I did watch that"

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well, there go my weekend plans. Thanks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Queen’s Gambit was the far superior show by the same dude but I assume you’ve seen that or are at least aware of it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God drat that Rez Dogs finale

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Amazon has recast Mat Cauthon for season 2 of WoT, which is uh a big loving character to recast.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Still watching Only Connect and it is so good. I am in love with Victoria Coren Mitchell and I feel like a god every time I get the answer. I got a British one they missed earlier as an American! I am unstoppable

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Willie Garson (Mozzie on White Collar) is dead at 57. :(

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sirotan posted:

*points to thread title*

God drat it.

Mozzie was the best.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Adult Swim has replaced Family Guy with Joe Pera.

An excellent choice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Changed thread title to something happier, see that Willie Garson died.

gently caress it, leaving it at the happy one.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

zoux posted:

Amazon has recast Mat Cauthon for season 2 of WoT, which is uh a big loving character to recast.

Lol I have no idea why obviously but it would be so in character if it were because the actor is a drunk rear end in a top hat

The most method actor ever

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Timby posted:

Willie Garson (Mozzie on White Collar) is dead at 57. :(

Oh goddamit. Mozzie was a great loving character.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Hawkperson posted:

Lol I have no idea why obviously but it would be so in character if it were because the actor is a drunk rear end in a top hat

The most method actor ever

M-O-O-N. That spells flop.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Zero One posted:

An excellent choice.

:hmmyes:

Joe confirmed season 3 is happening a while back and I genuinely think it’s my most anticipated tv thing. Maybe second only to For All Mankind season 3.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:hmmyes:

Joe confirmed season 3 is happening a while back and I genuinely think it’s my most anticipated tv thing. Maybe second only to For All Mankind season 3.

Speaking of quirky goon favorites, How to with John Wilson returns in November

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zoux posted:

Amazon’s business model basically seems to be “make the most nonsensical decisions at all times” so this is perfectly on brand for them.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Im watching Haunted on Netflix and I have seen a bunch of breasts and zero ghosts in the first episode.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Well I'm sold.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

GreenNight posted:

Well I'm sold.

We're 2/2 on ghosts making people crash their cars.

Including a guy who heard banjos on the radio first.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Zero One posted:

An excellent choice.

This makes me so happy, like achieving a perfect egg bite.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Paramount+ launched a showtime bundle today and has some introductory pricing.

quote:

Paramount Plus offers two subscription options: a pared-down essential plan with limited ads for $5 per month and an ad-free premium plan for $10 per month. ViacomCBS’s Showtime is offering the bundle at special introductory pricing of $10 per month and $13 per month, respectively.

There's an additional 16% annual discount on top if you get a year. The bundle is sticking around, but it's unclear what the final price will be.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Aaaaaand someone just told a half hour long story where he gets sexually abused at a gay conversion camp and sees a demon during the act.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love Mindy Kaling.

That is all.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1440574744776962054

"I'm here to tell you about the Glass Elevator Initiative."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"You and I remember the Chocolate Factory very differently."

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Paramount+ launched a showtime bundle today and has some introductory pricing.

There's an additional 16% annual discount on top if you get a year. The bundle is sticking around, but it's unclear what the final price will be.

Whats good on that

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

"The Giant Peach is going to destroy New York with a giant light Beam"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Instead of all the oft-used children's stories, a fresh take on Tales of the Unexpected could be fun. Dragging 'Royal Jelly' out into 10 hour long episodes culminating in humanity being overthrown by its new human-bee hybrid overlords would be a very Netflix way to approach it.

Aardvark! posted:

Still watching Only Connect and it is so good. I am in love with Victoria Coren Mitchell and I feel like a god every time I get the answer. I got a British one they missed earlier as an American! I am unstoppable

Careful, next thing you know you'll feel confident enough to suggest forming a goon team and we'll get on the show, score the lowest points total in history and never be able to show our faces in public again.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My favorite Dahl books as a kid were actually his two (somewhat fictionalized) autobiographical books called "Boy" and "Going Solo." He did fight ze germans in WW2 so that could make for some interesting drama. I'm sure they'll skip the part where he criticizes Israel's existence though.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Man, the finale to Nine Perfect Strangers is loving wild, man.

Everyone should be watching this poo poo, hands down this is a camp classic piece of crap television history.

Nicole Kidman has taken all the drugs and is so mad you want to leave her passive aggressive ghost summoning ritual. The finale is playing out, almost inevitably, with the energy of a slasher film, shot in the middle of the Australian bush.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The reveal at the end of the penultimate episode was so loving hilarious I can’t wait to watch this dumbass finale

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Nine Perfect Strangers is like the perfect mix of completely ridiculous nonsense plot and absolutely brilliant acting. The show seriously turned me around 100% on Melissa McCarthy, and to a lesser extent Luke Evans.

Apparently Nicole Kidman stayed in character the whole time during filming too, which adds a whole other layer to it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

First episode of Star Wars: Visions was great.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sentinel Red posted:

Careful, next thing you know you'll feel confident enough to suggest forming a goon team and we'll get on the show, score the lowest points total in history and never be able to show our faces in public again.

i'd suggest it, but being 'murican, i'm so broke i can't pay attention.

maybe it's for the best.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It cracks me up how blatant the popular 90s sitcoms were when they were trying to set up a spinoff. It just stands out as a tremendous sore thumb. This episode of the nanny has had a total of two minutes of Nanny Fine and the Sheffields and 20 minutes of skunky new yorkers working in a skunky beauty salon desperately trying to be likeable and survive the entire running and failing miserably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

90s? Supernatural tried the same thing a few years back where Sam and Dean were in it for all of 5 minutes.