Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Bunch of new skins of Murloc versions of existing heroes(and Sir Finley for Paladin). The Jaina Proudmurgle skin is so cursed I may have to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Excelzior posted:

the naga tribe as a whole is busted as hell and I assume theyre getting nerfs in short order

not really

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Here's a fun Lethal puzzle I had in my game that I sadly missed by 1 damage:

Solution

Cast First Flame on Tavish to get him to 5 health, Vicious Slitherspear goes to 2 attack (8 mana left)
Cast Wildfire, Vicious Slitherspear goes to 3 attack and Hero Power goes to 5 damage (7 mana left)
Cast Shooting Star on any minions without hitting Tavish, Vicious Slitherspear goes to 4 attack (6 mana left)
Play Reckless Apprentice, which clears all enemy minions and HKs Tavish, setting your Hero Power to 7 damage, and does 5 damage to the enemy hero (2 mana left)
Hero Power face for 7 damage and send the 2 minions face for 7 more damage for exact lethal (0 mana left)

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
It looks like the Misha on the left was summoned before the Tavish minion. If so, there's an alternate lethal that gets your HP to 8 from shooting star + reckless.

Shooting star brings Tavish to 6, but leaves the first Misha at 4.
Reckless deals 4 face, gets an honorable kill on Misha, then one on the 7/6 Tavish
Ping face for 8
Sivarra face for 3, cast two flames on your minions to get your Slitherspear to 4
4 + 8 + 3 + 4 = 19 damage, 1 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 mana

Edit: I guess you can cast a Wildfire right before the ping instead of First Flaming

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Luff posted:

It looks like the Misha on the left was summoned before the Tavish minion. If so, there's an alternate lethal that gets your HP to 8 from shooting star + reckless.

Shooting star brings Tavish to 6, but leaves the first Misha at 4.
Reckless deals 4 face, gets an honorable kill on Misha, then one on the 7/6 Tavish
Ping face for 8
Sivarra face for 3, cast two flames on your minions to get your Slitherspear to 4
4 + 8 + 3 + 4 = 19 damage, 1 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9 mana

Edit: I guess you can cast a Wildfire right before the ping instead of First Flaming

This is the solution I did, but I've seen dumb stuff happen with assumed Reckless Apprentice targeting order, and since the opponent was at 19 and not 20 the OP's solution is more bug-proof.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
So, I installed the patch and got disconnected when my opponent played Nellie. I hope it's at least way less common now.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'm slowly ranking up again with Tess Rogue and my current version is on a streak, 7-1! Previous versions all ended up around 40% though so I'm sure it will even out soon, but I love the deck because it often involves a lot of interesting decision making and because it can do some very silly things:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/vNqBQG3LiRpBmTnXoRYmtD

spoiler: Tirion Fordring and his identical brothers save the day!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The overall power level in Battlegrounds is lower now but the game also feels faster since you have less incentive to stay at lower tavern tiers, and they reverted the change to the T5 cost.

EDIT: Nagas seem particularly great at hybrid builds with Divine shields, Cleave, or Windfury. Also careful going too far into spell synergy since you can easily run out of turn time to play everything.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 11, 2022

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

ferroque posted:

they added a "low/high" fps option in the settings menu

Thanks, I wondered wtf was going on.

Illuminti posted:

I'm having one of those periods again where I'm just getting annoyed at how god drat slow all the players I'm facing are. I know it's new decks etc but dear god. You have three cards and 2 mana!!!! what are you doing!!?! That's usually combined at the end of the game with watching them play 5 cards, generate ten more, refresh all their mana, clear the deck and them do the two damage needed to finish me off with a spell they had in hand the whole time. Just Kill ME! I'm not impressed!

This is why I don't play on my phone much. On PC I can just browse the internet while they drool on themselves or whatever.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I hate when golden battleground minions aren’t better than just having 2 of that minion.

2 divine shield nagas give 2 divine shields. A golden one gives one divine shield.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Sloppy posted:

Thanks, I wondered wtf was going on.

This is why I don't play on my phone much. On PC I can just browse the internet while they drool on themselves or whatever.

I've changed to playing mercenaries on my phone and traditional on my PC because mercenaries reads a lot better on the screen, but this is another good reason.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Elysium posted:

I hate when golden battleground minions aren’t better than just having 2 of that minion.

2 divine shield nagas give 2 divine shields. A golden one gives one divine shield.

The minions that give no added benefit for tripling are generally ones where you don't like them taking up two slots in your comp. The exceptions are Nadina because her effect basically doubles your dragons, and Leeroy because he's an infinite-attack minion that ignores bubbles.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Vol'jin is so busted right now

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Jedit posted:

The minions that give no added benefit for tripling are generally ones where you don't like them taking up two slots in your comp. The exceptions are Nadina because her effect basically doubles your dragons, and Leeroy because he's an infinite-attack minion that ignores bubbles.

I don't really think this is true aside from buddies which I believe are now out? Cleave is the first thing I think of when I try to think of bad minions to triple and aside from lightwarden comps you always want doubles on board over a single triple

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Cobalt Guardian was the OG bait triple, usually if a minion says "divine shield" or "poison" on it you want to take a moment to think about it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I don't really think this is true aside from buddies which I believe are now out? Cleave is the first thing I think of when I try to think of bad minions to triple and aside from lightwarden comps you always want doubles on board over a single triple

Virtually every Spellcraft Naga? The only benefit of having a pair over a triple is getting extra triggers on Athissa and the Brute, and both of those are outweighed by the strength of being able to add another Spellcrafter. You also want to triple every minion in Pirate Scam apart from the Scallywags, because you don't have room for a pair of Dread Captains or Khadgars while still leaving a slot free for the bonus token procs.

In fact, apart from the two I named before I can't think of a minion where a pair is better apart from Rock Hydra and some of the token generators while you're still in the build-up phase of an avenge deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jedit posted:

Virtually every Spellcraft Naga? The only benefit of having a pair over a triple is getting extra triggers on Athissa and the Brute, and both of those are outweighed by the strength of being able to add another Spellcrafter. You also want to triple every minion in Pirate Scam apart from the Scallywags, because you don't have room for a pair of Dread Captains or Khadgars while still leaving a slot free for the bonus token procs.

In fact, apart from the two I named before I can't think of a minion where a pair is better apart from Rock Hydra and some of the token generators while you're still in the build-up phase of an avenge deck.
Deflecto and mecherel, a lot of the time.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Elysium posted:

Divine shield for two turns might be a way of making it triple-compatible. Just a matter of if they're willing to break their self-imposed rule of one turn for Spellcraft.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
If you only really wanna play bgs, but can tolerate a few constructed games, what's the best way to grind out about 300-400 gold. Want to buy bg perks with gold. Already got most of the freebie gold stuff years ago.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the answer is always afk mercs while youre doing other stuff

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

ferroque posted:

they added a "low/high" fps option in the settings menu

spent ages wondering if my computer was dying because of this lol

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I think its fine to have bg minions that are not good golden. This has been true since day 1

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I just had a kinda weird game. I was playing a bullshit aggro DH, my opponent was a warrior.

Tuen one he immediately Finleys, then the next few turns he was gaining armor or dredging, so I was freely just beating the poo poo outta him. He was down to 11 life and next turn would have died, board + weapon + hand would have done him in.

Then turn 6 rolls around, he starts to emote a bunch, he plays Brann, then frozen buckler, then Nessie (he played from the depths to discount things) My game locks up but I still see his cards being highlighted, I see him just doing stuff. Once my game unlocks, a bunch of turns play out in a row where he just beats me to death without even letting me have a turn.

Is there an exploit floating around that I haven’t heard about? Because that just sucked.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Yeah, sometimes playing Nellie crashes your opponent. The only thing to do right now is close the game and restart. Only happened to me once (mobile, android) but it also cost me the game. Now I just restart when I see them play it.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/vanndar-pirate-rogue-2-legend-xblyzes-sunken-city/

Anyone seen this deck in the wild?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

fanny packrat posted:

Yeah, sometimes playing Nellie crashes your opponent. The only thing to do right now is close the game and restart. Only happened to me once (mobile, android) but it also cost me the game. Now I just restart when I see them play it.

It seems to happen most of the time when it’s both Brann+Nellie. They said they fixed it in the patch notes but lol

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

yeah. was able to beat it playing control warrior by being even greedier than they were. its just not good if the deck they are aiming to beat by playing hooktusk, control warrior, can still win by playing super greedy. big key is playing brann + mutanus. takes away a ton of value.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005
New data reaper report is calling for a drek’thar nerf in clear and unambiguous terms

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Nine Lives bug got me to try Emergency Maneuvers and it is 100% getting run as a 2 of even after they fix Nine Lives. This is way more finicky and controlly, i'm not a big fan, but i'm still Tonking people and I got to test the new secret. Once Nine Lives isn't bugged I will make a new list:

### BugTonk
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Dun Baldar Bunker
# 2x (2) Emergency Maneuvers
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Ice Trap
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Monstrous Parrot
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAePwBATHD6CAA/GWA+OfBA2AB5zNAracA5+lA/uvA6S5A4PiA8KABKuNBKmfBOSfBJmtBJS1BAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I guess the types of decks I like to play don't really get affected by Drek'thar demon hunter much, so I was wondering where the hate for it was. After running into several Quest Hunters, most of whom got Drek'thar on curve, I see the issue.

I still maintain that the several UiS quests where the reward synergizes with the completion requirements was the game's biggest mistake in its recent history.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I'm fascinated as to the reasoning for getting the Easter themed brawl basically a full month after Easter.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Orthodox easter and Christmas are usually a few weeks later.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Getting a glitch where Hearthstone won't let me mulligan. It's stuck in the vs screen until the game starts.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

discount cathouse posted:

Orthodox easter and Christmas are usually a few weeks later.
April 24th rather than April 17th. Still not May 12th.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

NorgLyle posted:

April 24th rather than April 17th. Still not May 12th.

look, it takes a lot of work for this small, indie company to come up with a decent brawl idea once a week. it also takes a lot of effort for them to pick one of the more popular ones they've done before and just re-use that instead.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It's very cool that HS regularly releases merc updates that are just completely broken or task text that is completely wrong and you have to guess what the they actually want you to do. There's not even that many new things added in the updates - how do they get it so wrong so consistently?

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009
Is Call of the Grave still not working? And should Elekk Mount work with Xyrella the Devout?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I’m done until they do something about Drek Thar. Maybe they’ll learn from this and wait to see how the meta develops before selling cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

How much dust do you get if they nerf him and you bought the diamond one? 6400? Or do you get the gold back or something?