Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest fool in TNA?
This poll is closed.
Dixie Carter 59 34.71%
MVP 7 4.12%
Magnus 10 5.88%
Willow 29 17.06%
Samoa Joe 65 38.24%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

weekly font posted:

It's a clear sign that the man has a tiny, tiny penis.

So that's why Scott Hall drank so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

There continues to be a lot of people within TNA that are worried TNA's deal with Spike TV won't be renewed this year. Last time the deal was renewed, it was done around this time, well before October when it expires.

We noted before that Dixie Carter recently held a meeting with employees at TNA's Nashville offices. Dixie asked why the morale was low in the company and a lot of it has to do with recent cutbacks. There's also a feeling that "Big" John Gaburick is in over his head. Gaburick has been doing a lot of creative work lately and while he worked for WWE, he never worked in creative there.

There was even more concern when Janice Carter and Panda Energy lawyer Creede Williams came to Nashville to have meetings with Dixie over the past few weeks. Janice and Panda officials usually stay in Texas so her trip to Nashville had people talking.

At the same meeting Dixie held with TNA's Nashville office employees, she wondered why TNA didn't have a presence at WWE's WrestleMania XXX weekend. A source observed that Dixie is always talking about what they should have done and not what they should do. There's a feeling that TNA needs someone to push open doors and make things happen but that's just not happening right now. There's a feeling that TNA is just there and they don't have much momentum.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

if only TNA had a guy with connections to over 500 people in the industry around the country who could get poo poo done for them

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

if only TNA had a guy with connections to over 500 people in the industry around the country who could get poo poo done for them

Why, if they had that, they'd be a force! A Planetary Force of Sports Entertainment!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is there an industry that better exemplifies nepotism than pro-wrestling, because I can't think of one

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

At the same meeting Dixie held with TNA's Nashville office employees, she wondered why TNA didn't have a presence at WWE's WrestleMania XXX weekend.

Err what does she mean by "having a presence"? Not some stupid company invasion crap, I'm guessing...right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Roman Reigns posted:

Err what does she mean by "having a presence"? Not some stupid company invasion crap, I'm guessing...right?

Probably "why didn't we run house shows there."

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Roman Reigns posted:

I guess run a show in New Orleans like RoH and all those other indies. Or she could be that stupid.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
They could have easily drawn a few thousand in NOLA that weekend, and deciding to run in Georgia that same weekend is pure incompetence.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think the very idea that Dixie's had, that TNA should have tried to piggyback on WrestleMania is a sign that they're dead and the body is currently falling. The one thing that's defined them is that they're trying to pass WWE, to take over. Running a show in New Orleans to take advantage of WWE's massive presence there would have been admitting that deep down they're just another minor player in the massive shadow that WWE casts, not 'the number 2 wrestling promotion in the United States'.

On the other side now I want them to survive one more year so that they DO follow WWE to San Francisco, because my dream is now thousands of WWE smarks going in and just making GBS threads on the show from start to finish.

EDIT: I see now that they've actually done it in the past so I am apparently wrong that this is a sign of failing.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 24, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

They could have easily drawn a few thousand in NOLA that weekend, and deciding to run in Georgia that same weekend is pure incompetence.

No they couldn't have. They didn't come close to filling the venue they ran last year for WM weekend.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRafTer posted:

No they couldn't have. They didn't come close to filling the venue they ran last year for WM weekend.

Leave it to me to doubt TNA's awful drawing power these days. I guess I figured with about 60-70k wrestling fans in town you could draw SOMETHING decent for once.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Leave it to me to doubt TNA's awful drawing power these days. I guess I figured with about 60-70k wrestling fans in town you could draw SOMETHING decent for once.

They could probably draw better than the 300 they did in GA that weekend, but whether it'd be worth the shame of drawing a few hundred that weekend (and I'd guess higher venue costs) is debatable.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I just realized that Abyss' s baseball-bat-with-nails-in-it has the same name as Dixie's mom.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Angular Landbury posted:

I just realized that Abyss' s baseball-bat-with-nails-in-it has the same name as Dixie's mom.

And he had a branding iron called Bob.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Angular Landbury posted:

I think there was another object that was named after someone else too.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
A dildo named Vince.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Daniels is gone

Christopher Daniels ‏@facdaniels 3h
I became a free agent & a published comic book writer on the same day!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Vertical Lime posted:

Daniels is gone

Christopher Daniels ‏@facdaniels 3h
I became a free agent & a published comic book writer on the same day!

Hipster, or Superjail cosplay?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The Tiny Titans team! The man has good taste.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's gonna be cool when he shoots on Dixie on Austin's podcast. if Austin lets him I mean Austin is so careful not to get heat with anybody

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Real question: when TNA dies its horrible merciful death and Jarrett's new thing flops, what will the "number two" of pro wrestling look like? Will we still rely on ROH's dingy presentation if we want a WWE alternative?

I feel like when TNA/Jarrett's fed die it's like WCW dying all over again. It's pretty likely that TNA would have never gotten a great TV deal like they have without the WCW connection and "proven" TV stars.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

joshtothemaxx posted:

Real question: when TNA dies its horrible merciful death and Jarrett's new thing flops, what will the "number two" of pro wrestling look like? Will we still rely on ROH's dingy presentation if we want a WWE alternative?

I feel like when TNA/Jarrett's fed die it's like WCW dying all over again. It's pretty likely that TNA would have never gotten a great TV deal like they have without the WCW connection and "proven" TV stars.

Depends, if TNA dies this year Jarrett's group may have more of a chance. If El Rey takes off it will be AAA's US group and there will probably be other start ups.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

MassRafTer posted:

Depends, if TNA dies this year Jarrett's group may have more of a chance. If El Rey takes off it will be AAA's US group and there will probably be other start ups.

With quality TV production? TNA's presentation sucks, but at least it's well lit and on a decent enough channel.

I guess what I'm saying is we need Westlehut Westling Entertainment to emerge and get a TBS contract.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

joshtothemaxx posted:

With quality TV production? TNA's presentation sucks, but at least it's well lit and on a decent enough channel.

I guess what I'm saying is we need Westlehut Westling Entertainment to emerge and get a TBS contract.

I don't think there's any way to know. AAA's isn't exactly good, Jarrett's group will probably run on the cheap and other start ups won't look good at first either. The best looking 2001-2002 start up was probably XWF and it looked 10 years out of date.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

EugeneJ posted:

Is there an industry that better exemplifies nepotism than pro-wrestling, because I can't think of one
US Politics?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

joshtothemaxx posted:

What is the issue with ROH and Chikara and other feds having such bad production? A 19 year old aspiring student filmmaker wth a GoPro, an unregistered copy of Audacity and a $30 lighting rig cobbled together from home depot parts could put together a better looking and especially better sounding product than most of the indie feds which blows my mind when I consider that ROH has a TELEVISION COMPANY behind it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ding ding ding

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Roman Reigns posted:

She probably enjoys her videogame counterpart's tactics: OUYA's Julie Uhrman had the best idea in the world and put an OUYA stand in a parking lot nearby the E3 last year with messages as "JOIN THE REVOLUTION", you known, like the great videogame alternative power they are.
Next WWE PPV we'll find a TNA ring in the parking lot gathering dozens (two dozens to be exact) fans.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
So my friend has been watching TNA since the beginning.

I asked her about the upcoming PPV.

Her response: "Yes, it's Sacrifice. But the only sacrifice made in watching it would be of my time."

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 24, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Did she append that statement with "boom" ?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Zanael posted:

She probably enjoys her videogame counterpart's tactics: OUYA's Julie Uhrman had the best idea in the world and put an OUYA stand in a parking lot nearby the E3 last year with messages as "JOIN THE REVOLUTION", you known, like the great videogame alternative power they are.
Next WWE PPV we'll find a TNA ring in the parking lot gathering dozens (two dozens to be exact) fans.

The OUYA and TNA similarities are so loving eerie.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Comparing TNA to Ouya is weird because I'm not sure who it's a bigger insult to.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Comparing OUYA to TNA implies that A) People would give money to TNA, and B) OUYA can claim to be the second-biggest anything.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the other day at work when i didn't want to do anything i did a little mental math around TNA's cost for a PPV and based on my numbers their 7k buys versus all the money they pay old broken people means they're 14 bajillion dollars in the red. congrats TNA, u did it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Just think, for the same price as one 3-hour TNA pay-per-view, you could get four entire months of the WWE Network.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
What's the card for sacrifice?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Eric Young (c) vs. Magnus for the World Heavyweight Championship
Kurt Angle and Willow vs. EC3 and Spud
Bobby Roode vs. Bully Ray in a Tables Match
James Storm vs. Gunner in an 'I Quit' Match
Sanada (c) vs. Tigre Uno - Match 3 in Best of 3 Series for the X Division Championship
Madison Rayne (c) vs. Angelina Love for the Knockouts Championship
Mr. Anderson vs Samuel Shaw in a Loser gets Committed Match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that's a bad card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
my my isn't that interesting.

I hope it's a glorious train wreck like the last one. I also hope this is the final match for Anderson vs. Shaw.

Edit: Hell, who am I kidding? I hope it's their last PPV and I really hope angle doesn't do any more stupid spots that might get himself killed.

SylvainMustach fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 24, 2014

• Locked thread