Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone should do it before lumpen gets it and rules with an iron fist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

If me asking at least gets some attention over here so a solicitation is made, that's probably fine.

Well, do you think the smallish Mafia community really warrants a mod? I posit that if our new mod stays relatively hands off and is willing to change tags and stuff for us when asked, then things can continue on as usual. Our community isn't very demanding from a moderation standpoint, but adding an extra mod always runs the risk of adding a bad mod that can gently caress a forum up.

e: This is an open question.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 1, 2014

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Opopanax posted:

is lumpen the Dwight Schrute of mafia?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Just get someone that can moderate several things like Mafia, Survivor, Cash or Crash and has played a bit of D&D. :shrug:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I think I'm going to throw together a 13 player experimental game. This is different from the earlier idea I had, which is still in development.

If anyone is interested in taking a look at my setup and telling me how dumb I am, please send me a PM.

Also, I'd be a great Trad Games mod, because I have tons of free time and am a huge nerd.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Meinberg posted:

I think I'm going to throw together a 13 player experimental game. This is different from the earlier idea I had, which is still in development.

If anyone is interested in taking a look at my setup and telling me how dumb I am, please send me a PM.

Also, I'd be a great Trad Games mod, because I have tons of free time and am a huge nerd.

I would be happy to look at your setup. I also needed a second set of eyes on a weird setup if you wanna trade.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
How many of you losers own gmod? We should play Trouble in Terrorist Town, its basically mafia in shooter form.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Opopanax posted:

I would not be a good fit for the job. The rules are too subjective and I would be loathe to probate anyone or close/gas threads. That's like enforced lurking, and I'm all about never not posting. I believe in the possibility of content in even the shittiest shitposter's next post.

No mods no kings only Ron Paul.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why the frack would we need a mod

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Because we like to pretend that we're important, Battlestar Gulagtica.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tg isn't getting a second mod don't worry about it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poque posted:

is lumpen the Dwight Schrute of mafia?

That is very apt. But yeah really, we're pretty good about self policing, it's really rare that we need to involve mods as is. I think the only time it really comes up if someone forgets a tag when the open their game

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Or when someone posts only in Spanish

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Kumbamontu posted:

Whoa whoa. mods?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

My favorite game was the game bowmore ran way back in the day where every day you could enter a room then investigate an object in the room and possibly get an item. I found a ray-gun that I attempted to use on dhaes and it backfired and I believe turned me into a cockroach that subsequently got stepped on.
MAD SCIENCE

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i want to become a bug

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mods change gulag's name to franz kafka

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I made a Friesland setup!! It's pretty ok. It's a game for 25 players, so I'll open it in a week once things have died down a bit.

So keep that under your hats everyone! Big Ecco Game on the way, choo choo.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I think when the games I'm in are done I'm going to take a break. I need some time to recover.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Kumbamontu posted:

:lol:

That was really my finest moment in a mafia game ever, and it wasn't even me.

Edit: Also what the gently caress with merk asking to be a mod or whatever or anyone actually thinking that mafia needs a mod?

Just make a large game queue, and it'll take care of itself.

windshipper fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 4, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Dwarf-fia needs one replacement! It's Day 5, and it's already been a crazy ride. 12 players remain still.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Dwarf-fia needs one replacement! It's Day 5, and it's already been a crazy ride. 12 players remain still.
I'll take it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I think I would make a good mod.

*arbitrarily enforces rules according to whimsy*

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whimsy is the trait of only the best mods

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I think my running of Pointless Complicated Mafia has disqualified me, psychologically, from being a mod.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jon Joe posted:

I think my running of Pointless Complicated Mafia has disqualified me, psychologically, from being a mod.

Running a pointlessly complicated Mafia game does seem to test a person on this forum.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Met posted:

Running a pointlessly complicated Mafia game does seem to test a person on this forum.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I'm totally happy with you guys breaking this game as thoroughly as possible so I can work out the kinks for another. Stay tuned for Role Madness 2: gently caress The Townies Edition.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Met posted:

I'm totally happy with you guys breaking this game as thoroughly as possible so I can work out the kinks for another. Stay tuned for Role Madness 2: gently caress The Townies Edition.

Lol we haven't even close to broken this game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah, it's still okay for now.

I didn't even consider mass roleclaiming to be an issue here because it's never been an issue before. Removing role groups and setup displays will help with that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would definitely probate people who were on to me as scum. I would be a bad mod.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Any game I can win with a mass claim I will win with a mass claim.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
WHOOPS!

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 5, 2014

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

mr.capps posted:

Town will probably win this
Indeed :smugdog:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
If there is a cultist in there as well then gently caress everything.

Need a baker as well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There were no accidents here

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Edited out a snarky comment here about editing posts. This isn't my game thread. :downs:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Edited out a snarky reply to that snarky comment

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote cpig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig