Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

Please put Jimby in place of Adam Bowen

No way have you seen his videos those skills are just too sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

No way have you seen his videos those skills are just too sick

Bowen clearly does not have the gaming chops that Jimby has, but given the circumstances I think a substitution is warranted given continued Bowen whining.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

gnarlyhotep posted:

Bowen clearly does not have the gaming chops that Jimby has, but given the circumstances I think a substitution is warranted given continued Bowen whining.

"When you are weak, make them think you are strong. When you are strong, make them think you are weak."

-Sun Zhu's eSports tips

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Jimby might have just registered to shill his YouTube channel but if he is sticking around that's cool

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Eonwe posted:

Jimby might have just registered to shill his YouTube channel but if he is sticking around that's cool

Who was the guy who registered an account just to let us know that Slowbeef didn't invent Lets Plays?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

Who was the guy who registered an account just to let us know that Slowbeef didn't invent Lets Plays?

I don't remember who but that was hilarious

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
this must have been what it was like to be at the very first special olympics

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

zer0spunk posted:

this must have been what it was like to be at the very first special olympics

Wow, check your ableist privilege shitlord

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I've never seen Adam Bowen in a thread are all his posts this poo poo?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

Wow, check your ableist privilege shitlord

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
btw dbz xenoverse is pretty amazing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pathos posted:

Using a mic should be mandatory

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

Only do this if Adam gets banned for being Stux

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have chosen the maps. They are from the Unidoom Deathmatch X WAD. If you have a better WAD, or would like to create a custom WAD with maps of your choosing I can take a look at it and see if we should use those. I picked these because they are reasonably sized (not too big or small), don't have atrocious weapon spawns, and don't have 100 armor spawns every two steps. I waded through a lot of poop to find some decent maps, so if you don't like them I don't care unless you make a concrete suggestion with a WAD, a link to where I can find it, and what maps from the WAD you think I should pick.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/deathmatch/megawads/udmx.zip

Maps 1, 21, and 24

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Eonwe posted:

I have chosen the maps. They are from the Unidoom Deathmatch X WAD. If you have a better WAD, or would like to create a custom WAD with maps of your choosing I can take a look at it and see if we should use those. I picked these because they are reasonably sized (not too big or small), don't have atrocious weapon spawns, and don't have 100 armor spawns every two steps. I waded through a lot of poop to find some decent maps, so if you don't like them I don't care unless you make a concrete suggestion with a WAD, a link to where I can find it, and what maps from the WAD you think I should pick.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/deathmatch/megawads/udmx.zip

Maps 1, 21, and 24

Awesome work! Thanks for getting this out early. Adam now has plenty of time to find excuses for why he can't play a game literally everyone has mastered by now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
np!! I complained about wading through poop maps and there were a lot of those, but tbh, I played a 3 minute round on most of the maps and just running around in doom II again with the bots saying dumb poo poo and killing them with a super shotgun felt really good and i had a good time doing it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Maps look pretty good, I still think we need more people because I'm pretty sure Taint is going to dodge and 1v1 Doom is probably not going to be very exciting.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

You own Eonwe. Thanks for being an awesome ref! Can't wait to play these levels.

Black Baby Goku how goes the streaming? You have a good mic?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

You own Eonwe. Thanks for being an awesome ref! Can't wait to play these levels.

Black Baby Goku how goes the streaming? You have a good mic?

tes

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

Maps look pretty good, I still think we need more people because I'm pretty sure Taint is going to dodge and 1v1 Doom is probably not going to be very exciting.

Easy solution: ban taint

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Noice! You good to do a test run 6 March at 9 pm PST?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i hope taint reaper participates

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
the taint reaper

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Noice! You good to do a test run 6 March at 9 pm PST?

Yeah

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kewpuh posted:

i hope taint reaper participates

Ban him if he doesn't

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dodging isnt cool

kewpuh already graciously dropped the punishment down to a week which is pretty fair and cool and reasonable

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Permaban the two losers and ban the winner

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Adam Bowen posted:

I agree, but goons are creepy as gently caress so I like to keep everything on SA strictly username and text based

Pot, meet kettle.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

what

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

Why not just add Jimby and accidentally ban stux one more time?

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Adam Bowen posted:

Multiplayer probably is significantly different from single player, based on my experience with literally every multiplayer video game I've ever played.

Are you seriously arguing this

Folks I think we might have to downgrade the game to one that's a little less intricate. May I suggest Pong, or some sort of competitive whack-a-mole?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Have you ever played a video game?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have not. Which one do you suggest for a beginner?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Custer's Revenge

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thanks, I'm going to go look it up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I just looked that up, and do NOT let this troll trick you into doing the same. That is NOT something you want in your search history!

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
obviously not Doom, what with all the precision aiming and hand eye co-ordination it requires.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just looked that up, and do NOT let this troll trick you into doing the same. That is NOT something you want in your search history!

I googled it and am definitely not in a post coitus haze

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Citizen Kane of dating sims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

I hope everyone involved shows up and has a good time playing Doom II.

• Locked thread