Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm gonna loving die before I manage to farm Deutschland aren't I

Deutschland did not drop while farming all those points in jp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I just got a Z46 drop. Still no Deutschland. I might just wait until she's added to the build queue.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1078336820381855744

Here's that ALCW news in English.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Ibblebibble posted:

I just got a Z46 drop. Still no Deutschland. I might just wait until she's added to the build queue.

She calls you 'obedient animal' and talks about how great war is - you're not missing much.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Z35, Z46 and Deutschland do not drop and I refuse to believe anyone that says they do.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Furnaceface posted:

Z35, Z46 and Deutschland do not drop and I refuse to believe anyone that says they do.

I'll just keep training these figments of my imagination then hmm?

On a different note, they've changed the hard mode maps (maybe others? I didn't have time to check). When you clear one it gets 'Safe' status for a while and you can just farm the boss repeatedly to get the 6 done quickly. I like it.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Any game mode that uses a map has the danger zone mechanic, but only the daily hard mode starts with the boss spawned already.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
It's always just when I get a few more ships to 70 and LB to clear out some dock space.... They gotta drop an event with a bunch of new ships :cripes:

I'll never catch 'em all, will I?

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

new event is good

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Dezinus posted:

It's always just when I get a few more ships to 70 and LB to clear out some dock space.... They gotta drop an event with a bunch of new ships :cripes:

I'll never catch 'em all, will I?

On the plus side, the event levels don't appear to be too tough and they don't have the ambush crap either.

This time round the build is punishing me hard - 2 hoods, takao and a bunch of other SSR but only 1 Kaga which I can get from the exchange anyway. Always look on the bright side though, I have a big pile of medals growing. No skins this time round I think as it looks like I need to concentrate everything on fishing out that one SSR.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I was travelling, so I started playing this. Now I have it running on BlueStacks at home. Send help.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Grind until your shipfu is 100 then worry about comp.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
So I finished upping Javelins skill to 5, which was the last thing I needed for the easy bookmark listed at the top of the screen and now there's no bookmark. It said something about completing a qualification or something, but with it gone, I can't check.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
First SR: Takao
Second SR: Hood
Third SR: Hood
Fourth SR: Hood
Fifth SR: Hood

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is there any way to tell on sight if a gun is good other than to memorize some list of 30 guns that the community decided is good?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Saint Freak posted:

Is there any way to tell on sight if a gun is good other than to memorize some list of 30 guns that the community decided is good?

No. The stats ingame are misleading at best.

http://azurlanesanctuarygrossweebskeepout.blogspot.com/2018/09/azur-laneen-in-depth-equipment-guide_13.html

This is the best list I've found because it's not just tinyass thumbnails arranged in a tier list with no reasoning behind why poo poo is the way it is.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Oh hey, we have a thread for this game now. Nice OP.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Got Akagi at last. 7309 sorties since August. Im sure 2/3+ of that was the fox mines. Now off to the dog/poi mines.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The current event in FGO is pretty slow-paced so I decided to try out another game.

Last other Mobage I tried was GFL and I burned out on that very hard because it was extremely grindy, but apparently I like military equipment girls calling me shikikan so I'm playing Azur Lane. It's pretty fun and doing it in shoot-em-up mode turned my hand into a gnarled claw.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Crasical posted:

The current event in FGO is pretty slow-paced so I decided to try out another game.

Last other Mobage I tried was GFL and I burned out on that very hard because it was extremely grindy, but apparently I like military equipment girls calling me shikikan so I'm playing Azur Lane. It's pretty fun and doing it in shoot-em-up mode turned my hand into a gnarled claw.

Use the auto Luke...

Keep summoning a few every day (which the events tend to get you to anyway) and you'll soon have a decent dodgy front line. Once your van can survive on auto you're pretty much set but don't sweat composition much for a while, just keep on raising everyone up. One thing to note is you need to use the dorm on all the L1 ships you get before pressing 'advice' on comissions will include them.

At the beginning you'll have way more oil than you can use in an hour or two a day, just save it because you'll get through it eventually. The current event is horrifically grindy IFF you try to get absolutely everything - 100,000 points for the last rainbow box. I've hit 30k just doing dailies and bought all the good stuff on the exchange so there's no need to grind, just beware the pull of 'must get it all'.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Bah, I thought we had another day for the Amagi event, I hadn’t finished hard more yet for the trophy.

Oh well.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Games up restart steam

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I installed this and GFL at the same time since I knew a couple people who kept raving about the f2p waifu gachas they are. GFL didn't click with me but AL is totally my jam. Well, kind of. To be honest I'm not a history buff and I couldn't care less about the ship/bote asthetic but... the game DOES have pretty waifus which are reasonably easy to collect, and for all the dumb loli skins or overly unrealistic live 2d boob skins there is some nice art there.

I've seen a lot of guides/advice so I guess I'm mostly just checking in. My fleets are totally unoptimized because I limit broke everything I could get my hands on and they're just guzzling oil. I also find all the equipment in this game super confusing, I guess once I get more purples or even start getting golds I'll give the guides for it more of a look.

I think this is day 9. I did manage to get Amagi, BB Kaga, Ashigara and one of the rare limiteds from that build and an Akagi from 3-4. I guess between event grinding I'm still in the fox mines hoping to get regular Kaga for collection purposes.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
You can safely ignore any guide that goes on and on about limit breaking and oil consumption. It is pretty much a non-issue unless you will not be satisfied until you can auto non-stop all day every day.

The super efficient farming fleets are a trap for newbies. You want a variety of different types of boats leveled to meet hard mode composition requirements instead of wasting experience on 0 limit break boats already at their level cap.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Man it's annoying to tap the little pixel squares to do this coloring book minigame.

I'm digging all the chinese-style dresses for the loading screens though. :wiggle:

EDIT: Is there a way where I can find out what it means by 'Small fleets' and 'Recon fleets' and so forth for dailies?

Crasical fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 31, 2019

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Crasical posted:

Man it's annoying to tap the little pixel squares to do this coloring book minigame.

I'm digging all the chinese-style dresses for the loading screens though. :wiggle:

EDIT: Is there a way where I can find out what it means by 'Small fleets' and 'Recon fleets' and so forth for dailies?

3 diff types of fleets of 3 diff sizes. Recon is the destroyer looking one, aviation for the carrier and i forget what the battleship looking one is called but should be easy to figure out. The sizes are easy to see by the 1-3 triangles next to the fleet.

E: World 10 that recently got added was really the first time in the english version you had to use a somewhat optimized fleet setup and couldn't just rely on outleveling everything, so for the most part don't worry too much about which ships you're using or if your setup is the most efficient. Oil costs are only an issue if you grind a lot but then I always find it better to simply use less ships in the grinding fleet instead of trying to keep my ships at lower limit breaks.

Equipment is pretty simply once you get further because for most ship types there's really only 1 or 2 guns you want to be using.

Estraysian fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 31, 2019

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

I can vouch for the 0LB min/max oil fleets being something of a trap for typical players. The youtubers and tryhard Discord types will burn real world money on Oil, because they farm that much.

You, you will not. Don't worry about saving that 5 oil per fight, it isnt worth your sanity.

Only ships I left 0LB are one copy each of the Mahan destroyers to act as XP fodder alongside Phoenix in my clearing fleet.

Edit:

Fewer, higher level ships are the best way to go. You want to grind them up (and gear them out) to be able to kill stuff without casualties and within the first minute or so. Boss fights are guaranteed to drop a ship when you S-rank it, so you always want to have a setup that will do that when farming for things like the Foxes.

Crazyeyes24 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 31, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I just got my first gold ship, it's San Diego, so I thought I'd ask:

Why '3d5'?

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Crasical posted:

Why '3d5'?

Numbah WAHN

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Crasical posted:

Why '3d5'?

San D Go in Japanese or something

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Oh boy, new event has 2 limited gachas... oof. Light AND Heavy this time around.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, with that Belfast skin I never need to get another one ever again.

That freaking colouring minigame is pretty obnoxious to do with normal human fingers.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Oh boy, new event has 2 limited gachas... oof. Light AND Heavy this time around.

Isn't the heavy one just Graf Spee, who you can get from the event?

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Estraysian posted:

Isn't the heavy one just Graf Spee, who you can get from the event?

One cannot simply 'not roll the gacha' because the ship is otherwise obtainable.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Welp, with that Belfast skin I never need to get another one ever again.

That freaking colouring minigame is pretty obnoxious to do with normal human fingers.

You guys do know you can zoom in on the painting, right?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
You can what now

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
On the paint by numbers screen you can zoom in and out of the painting with the two finger spread motion.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
They improved the coloring minigame so it is able to automatically fill diagonals. Last year you had to do them one by one.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'm not really strong enough to kill s3 or whatever (I did it once, with casualties, using my best lineup heh) so I guess I'll miss out on Graf this event. Ah the joys of being a newbie in a game.

For what it's worth I do tend to play gacha games a bit more hardcore than the average casual player so fleet/oil management is something I probably should look into but it's not something I'm overly concerned about right this moment. I like that I can open the game while doing other stuff and just auto-grind for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
Well, 100 cubes down so far and no Yat Sen, but I did finally manage to get Aurora. I'll cling to that bit of comfort as I regenerate my gold stockpile...