Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Red Suit posted:

I'm sad that Gaia sucks. He's one of my favorite cards. At least Dragon Champion makes him worth it... right?

Can't be worse than Thousand Dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I never knew that was a glitch to make that Curse of Dragon level 99.

I had always assumed it was the game throwing a curveball at you if you weren't paying attention, plus give you a good punching bag for experience in reinforcements, and the fact it was wounded was to make it a little easier on you

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Can't be worse than Thousand Dragon.

While Thousand Dragon is the worst fusion, it is importantly not actually that bad. The real downside is that you have to give up 2/3rds of your slots for its pieces, which are that bad.

Baby Dragon which has all of the weaknesses of a dragon (low AP, low growths) and none of the strengths (High Starting Stats), and Time Wizard, which I believe is the weakest spellcaster in the game?

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

I know monster encounter placement as a whole doesn't seem to follow any sort of logic other than "gently caress the player", but am I the only one who's going to ask what Gaia was doing looking for a master worthy of his eternal loyalty in the middle of a lake?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Microcline posted:

I know monster encounter placement as a whole doesn't seem to follow any sort of logic other than "gently caress the player", but am I the only one who's going to ask what Gaia was doing looking for a master worthy of his eternal loyalty in the middle of a lake?

He planned to challenge Poseidon, King of the Sea.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Gensuki posted:

While Thousand Dragon is the worst fusion, it is importantly not actually that bad. The real downside is that you have to give up 2/3rds of your slots for its pieces, which are that bad.

Baby Dragon which has all of the weaknesses of a dragon (low AP, low growths) and none of the strengths (High Starting Stats), and Time Wizard, which I believe is the weakest spellcaster in the game?

This pretty much hits the nail on the head, but to elaborate, Thousand Dragon itself is a pretty good monster. If you'll remember, he was a ~2600 ATK, 4 AP monster at L13. Considering how early you can make him, there's not much to complain about with Thousand Dragon, especially considering that he's a dragon. That said, his material is godawful - Baby Dragon is notable purely for being a dragon that doesn't have garbage AP (even if everything else is terrible), and Time Wizard isn't the worst spellcaster in the game, but he makes a pretty convincing case for it.

With that context in mind, Gaia the Dragon Champion cannot possibly be worse than Thousand Dragon. While the base stats will probably be pretty similar (2600/2100), Gaia's material is so much better that the two monsters are incomparable. Curse of Dragon blows Baby Dragon out of the water, and while Gaia himself isn't fantastic, he still wipes the floor with Time Wizard.

Byzantine posted:

When I played this, I didn't know to grab the Electro-Whips for the Harpies when I could, so Gaia wrecked my face here until I had to use a different item that I'm sure is gonna be part of the next voting.

Surely we should at least see Gaia in action before we BLS him, no?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Artix posted:

Surely we should at least see Gaia in action before we BLS him, no?

If we get the Dragon Champion, we can still BLS him, right?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

GeneralYeti posted:

Artix can show it off but ultimately the 2 are mutually exclusive until we go through Yugi's campaign again.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

GeneralYeti posted:

Fusions are temporary, so yeah. I think I immediately did what we are talking about when I got Gaia, so I'd like to see Dragon Champion in action at least once!

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Just caught up with the LP splendid work so far. Just one question is Cosmo Queen only a fusion in this game since I'm clearly remmebering (and google confirms it) that in the card game it was a regular monster (2 tribute 2900 atk/ 2450 def)? Wouldn't be the first time they screw with the rules in these games (hell this game alone has split up Harpies and Gemini Elves).

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

CVE posted:

Just caught up with the LP splendid work so far. Just one question is Cosmo Queen only a fusion in this game since I'm clearly remmebering (and google confirms it) that in the card game it was a regular monster (2 tribute 2900 atk/ 2450 def)? Wouldn't be the first time they screw with the rules in these games (hell this game alone has split up Harpies and Gemini Elves).

It is indeed fusion-only (Mystical Elf + Dark Elf), but that doesn't stop the AI from fielding it whenever it wants. Strangely enough, this is the only monster the AI will do that with; you won't see them just dropping Crimson Sunbirds or Rabid Horsemen on their teams.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

We saw Gaia at full strength in the last update, and he wasn't exactly blowing anyone away. That said, he's perfectly usable, and once you give him some equipment and factor in his fusion and marshal bonuses, Gaia's actually okay! Not fantastic, but better than you'd assume given the pedigree of such fellow monsters as Jinzo.

Fortunately, his blue orb means that it shouldn’t take long for one marshal or another to give him some extra AP. Not a favourite of mine, but you could do worse.

Oh hey, we've seen this screen before. :effort: Joey's required for actually confronting Scott, but otherwise we're looking at the same group.

:siren: This is the penultimate vote. :siren: Whatever teams are chosen for Chapter 20 (that is next chapter, not this chapter) are final.

Yugi
Dark Magician - 1806 HP, 4451/3552 (Book of Secret Arts), 5 AP, Night
Curse of Dragon - 1466 HP, 2749/2259 (Dragonic Attack), 3 AP, Mountain
Gaia the Fierce Knight - 1300 HP, 2800/2100 (Silver Bow and Arrow), 2 AP, Field

Espa Roba
Giant Mech-Soldier - 1475 HP, 2508/2647, 3 AP, Road
Beta the Magnet Warrior - 912 HP, 1866/1767, 2 AP, Road
Fortress Whale - 1656 HP, 3154/2978, 3 AP, Water

Joey
Panther Warrior - 1615 HP, 3581/2681 (Legendary Sword), 6 AP, Field
Red-Eyes Black Metal - 2152 HP, 3372/2965, 6 AP, Road
Flame Swordsman - 1341 HP, 3540/2831 (Legendary Sword), 4 AP, Field, Castle

Tristan
Suijin - 1562 HP, 3217/2615 (Silver Bow and Arrow), 2 AP
Labyrinth Tank - 1528 HP, 2821/2829, 2 AP, Castle
Swordsman from a Foreign Land - 1129 HP, 2812/1846 (2x Legendary Sword), 6 AP, Road, Castle

Bakura
Ansatsu - 1184 HP, 2999/2030 (Legendary Sword), 6 AP, Castle
Man-Eater Bug - 1121 HP, 3048/2176 (2x Beast Fangs), 6 AP, Forest, Swift
Neck Hunter - 1407 HP, 3216/2834 (Black Pendant), 5 AP, Night

Mai
Harpie's Pet Dragon - 2049 HP, 3481/3955, 6 AP, Mountain
Harpie Lady (Airo) - 1481 HP, 3295/2925 (Cyber Shield, Electro Whip), 8 AP
Harpie Lady (Ocupete) - 1583 HP, 3028/3112, 9 AP

Tea
Sanga of the Thunder - 1586 HP, 3495/2598 (Silver Bow and Arrow), 3 AP
Dancing Elf - 1206 HP, 1538/1446, 7 AP
Dark Elf - 1377 HP, 3397/1695 (Book of Secret Arts), 4 AP, Night

Monster Reserves
Celtic Guardian - 988 HP, 1816/1600, 4 AP, Road-Adept, Green Orb
Beast of Gilfer - 1200 HP, 2200/2500, 2 AP, Night-Adept, Dark Red Orb
Robotic Knight - 1356 HP, 2222/2394, 3 AP, Dark Purple Orb
The Illusory Gentleman - 1553 HP, 3116/3240, 7 AP, Night, Yellow Orb
Blackland Fire Dragon - 1492 HP, 2857/2187, 5 AP, Night, Gray Orb
Summoned Skull - 1657 HP, 3122/1812, 2 AP, Night, Blue Orb
Kuriboh - 807 HP, 4293/1198 (3x Multiply), 4 AP, Night, Lucky, Purple Orb
Millennium Golem - 1300 HP, 2000/2200, 2 AP, Yellow Orb
Machine King - 1300 HP, 2200/2000, 2 AP, Blue Orb

It's time to put an end to this, but Scott isn't going to make it easy for us. This is the penultimate map before we head to endgame, so choose wisely.

You had better believe there’s cannons on this map.

Artix fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 21, 2013

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
For the "No Changes" thing. Does that mean we'll be getting the last recruitable monster from Yugi's Campaign next map?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Gensuki posted:

For the "No Changes" thing. Does that mean we'll be getting the last recruitable monster from Yugi's Campaign next map?

I'm saying that there will be no more team changes, regardless of if there are monsters or not.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Two monsters, one for completing the stage and one inside that large dark patch within the rightmost road circle.

Would like to see the Illusory Gentleman, preferably on Bakura; go ahead and shift Neck Hunter to Espa.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Bakura wants Illusionary Gentleman in place of Man-Eater Bug.

Esper Ropa wants Tristan's Labyrinth Tank in exchange for his Giant Mech-Soldier.

Tristan is in need of Man-Eater Bug to fill in the gap left by his missing tank.

It probably would be best for Bakura if he had Illusionary Gentleman in place of Neck Hunter instead of the bug, but I am a slave to theme teaming. Anyway, the Man-Eater Bug can help compensate for Suijin on Tristan's team. But the Bug would probably be most useful on Esper Ropa whose looking extremely low on the AP side compared to all the other marshals. Hopefully Esper Ropa won't be hurting too bad exchanging 1AP for a slightly better monster. If it hurts Ropa too bad, please, please just give him the Man Eater Bug and ignore any changes to Tristan.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Everyone looks good as is.

There's going to be one monster gotten for liberating that town in the bottom right.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
One monster for capturing the enemy HQ.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

fool_of_sound posted:

One monster for capturing the enemy HQ.

I agree with this.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Fizdis with a Man Eater Bug, Kuriboh, and The Illusory Gentleman. Tristan with Gaia in place of the tank, Mai, give Espa the Labyrinth Tank instead of Beta, and Bakura with whatever you have left that fits him best.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

There's going to be one monster gotten for liberating that town in the bottom right.

Let's "liberate" the hell out of that town for one monster.

The original Gaia looks good while every other one based off of him (with the exception of Swift Gaia because it's almost the same) look terrible.

Keep Beta the Magnet Warrior on Espa. Also I didn't realise that Blackland Fire Dragon had 5 degrees from the American Board of Behavioral Psychology, I guess he had a lot of time since we weren't using him.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Blue Ghost posted:

Also I didn't realise that Blackland Fire Dragon had 5 degrees from the American Board of Behavioral Psychology, I guess he had a lot of time since we weren't using him.

He's a very educated dragon, to be sure. More of our benched monsters should follow in his footsteps and apply themselves in other ways. :eng101:
fixed

Nothing seems to have any real traction in terms of votes, the closest thing is giving Bakura TIG, and even then there are just as many votes saying no change. I guess I'll let this go until the morning, and if any other votes pop up overnight, I'll factor them in before I record.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Got nothing to say teamwise besides give Mako something. Also going to guess you take that SE town/fort/whatever to find a monster.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, the last battle is actually going to be a Metal Gear sequence where Yugi jacks out of the holoworld, leaving Yami behind to act as marshal while he sneaks through scenic Evil Corp to find Mokuba.

Maybe I'm just wishing, but the li'l shaver hasn't had anything to do for the entire game.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Glazius posted:

So, the last battle is actually going to be a Metal Gear sequence where Yugi jacks out of the holoworld, leaving Yami behind to act as marshal while he sneaks through scenic Evil Corp to find Mokuba.

Maybe I'm just wishing, but the li'l shaver hasn't had anything to do for the entire game.

So it's basically just like 90% of the show?

Well, OK, 80%. He got to do some stuff during the Millennium World arc.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Without Kaiba, Scott is forced to take charge of his own forces and face Yugi on the battlefield. The curtain is rising on the battle that will determine everything!

Dark Magician Girl and Kuriboh are both out for this map, otherwise no changes. Yugi’s taking Gaia instead of Curse of Dragon to give me an extra ground marshal.

Heh heh heh... Careful what you ask for. I might take control of your marshals and send you running again.

Yeah? I don't think so. If it's so easy for you to control people, then why blackmail Kaiba? Why not just hypnotize him, huh? Your mind control is a mental attack. And it doesn't always work, does it? Sometimes it does, but not always.

By the look on your face, I know I'm right. If you were really serious about being the ultimate game master, the rules would be a lot more unbalanced. But you didn't set it up that way... Why? The answer is obvious. For some reason, you need this world to be as fair, as close to the real world as possible! And that means that when you are a player yourself, you can't intervene. Well?

... ...

It was a good bluff. We'd get you cornered, get careless, and then you'd try to hypnotize us. Even if we did break free, you could afford to let us get close to victory and get careless again.

Really? Is that what happened?

Yes, Joey. Scott is not omnipotent here. He's just another player.

Heh heh heh... Ha ha ha ha ha! Amazing! Simply amazing! A brilliant deduction, Yugi. You're right. I have my own reasons for making this world as perfect as possible. I will take great pleasure in defeating you myself. Let's see if you're as strong as you think you are.

You're nothing but a third-rate fighter. You're no match for me.

You just don't know when to shut up, do you? Fine, I'll just have to shut that mouth of yours for you.

So here we go, the grand finale of Yugi's story. This is actually a pretty long and difficult fight, thanks to the introduction of a very annoying mechanic. But hey, it's the big battle against Scott (for real this time), I can overlook that.

Pity about the ham-fistedness of Yugi’s whole ‘grand reveal’ bit up there, though.

While Espa and Yugi prepare for the initial defenses, Tristan heads north to liberate Dhorminouth.

I wish I knew how they came up with some of these place names. Hell, we’re stationed in Pleasure Town.
Nothing suspect about that name, no sir.

I think you mean “Preasure” Town, thank you very much. :colbert:

Okay, so two Saggis and an Illusionist Faceless Mage. Nothing to see here, right?

Welcome to your introduction to magic. Final Flame is a one time gently caress-off attack that deals ~1000 damage, and Raimei does an extremely small amount of damage, but it paralyzes the entire team. Which combos nicely with...

...Saggi's Germ Infection, a spell that does no damage, but poisons the entire team. And poison does damage whenever you would get your turn, regardless of whether or not you actually get said turn. You see where this is going.

Also of note: The AI isn't actually able to cast magic. Like that's going to stop it.

At least Saggi’s HP is absolutely pitiful.

The first Saggi goes down, and the AI responds by one-shotting Beta.

...Speaking of low HP...

At least he got a level or two out of it.

Now, the thing we're actually here for.

By changing his mount, Gaia picks up a small stat boost, a ton of AP, and an undodgeable attack. Considering that his material is not only readily available, but pretty formidable themselves, this is probably the second-best two monster fusion in the game (number one being Cosmo Queen - It’ll be a while before we see Mystical Elf, but Dark Elf can easily carry things until then, and Cosmo Queen is that good).

Once Labyrinth Tank goes down, this fight is as good as won.

We could buy our own Raimeis in Dhorminouth, but we have better things to spend our money on this chapter.

Interestingly, the map is much heavier on Anti-Air Cannons than Anti-Ground ones. Since Espa is a man down and Tristan is up north, Yugi and Bakura will be carrying the southern front.

Fortunately, Vestoara Gate lacks either variety, so Tea and Joey will be moving through here instead.

Following Saggi's fine example, Summoned Skull doesn't actually have L2 Magic yet, but that's certainly not going to stop him. Hinotama does a small amount of damage (~300) to the whole party. He'd be better off attacking, really.

Some of the low-level magic really does appear almost useless.

There’s one, maybe two L1 or 2 spells that are worth using. And one of them is as situational as it gets.

Bakura continues to not give a gently caress about enemies in castles, and Neck Hunter gets even stronger.

Ohhhh boy. This isn't a matchup I was planning on.

Oh for... Come on, game! I haven't even had a turn yet!

Ah, the wonders of semi-random turn orders.

Okay, have to be careful here. He didn't fuse this turn so--

gently caress!

Status Guard means that I can't blind him and...yeah, this is a losing battle.

Sound the retreat!

Artix got lucky here; remember, escaping can fail (and takes away all of that monster’s AP if it does).

I got lucky in several ways there - it actually failed the first time (hence Dark Elf having no AP), but Sanga was next in the turn order.

Right, let's try this again.

Much better.

Up to four AP at level 20? Looks like Dark Elf’s working hard to uphold that claim about two-monster fusions.

Both of our next targets have Anti-Air cannons, so Yugi takes the south, and Tristan and Bakura head north.

Yugi reaches his destination first, and runs headfirst into another Saggi encounter.

Liberal application of Gaia puts him away.

Note that Gaia changed positions in the party since last time. He appears in the spot of the one who uses Polymerization; it makes no difference whatsoever, though.

The real prize of this chapter is another chance at the Cyber Shield/Electro-Whip combo, and we need another pair of both.

Because speaking of Harpies...

My name is Keraino! My sisters and I were hoping to join! We started out together, but got separated along the way. My sisters are sure to try and join the resistance too! So can I come with you? Please? I'll even help you fight!

Harpie Lady (Keraino) has joined your army!

And that's the complete set. :toot: Mai is now set to invalidate literally everything that's left in the game.

That statement is in no way hyperbole. :allears: Next map is gonna be good.

One last castle before taking on Scott, and Bakura gets the honors.

Labyrinth Tank just can't go down quietly, so we're going to bust out Dian Keto. Launcher Spider shouldn't be able to kill either monster, but better safe than sorry.

Especially when you’re playing a game with critical hits.

And from there, it's just cleanup.

Look at Bakura’s stats, then at Yugi’s. (5/4/5 at level 24.) Do you think the protagonist might be a bit over-powered, perhaps?

Sygh-Varths is packing Anti-Ground Cannons, so Joey and Mai are taking the lead. Sure, Yugi is “supposed” to fight him, but he’s already had his fun today.

I think this marks just the second time that we’ve had to actively deal with respawning enemies. I’m kind of proud of that, actually.

This is why you don't want to be paralyzed and poisoned at the same time. When it can ONLY be your turn, poison damage racks up really quickly.

Wow. That’s oddly impressive.

Labyrinth Tank is the best tank. :getin:

Labyrinth Tank is goddamn ridiculous.

Really, game? You can't even fit the monster model in there, let alone its ZOC. :raise:

That's the last of them for now, so let's get the main event started.

You all know too much. Your lives are forfeit.

Now this is a fight, custom arena and everything. Cosmo Queen is as imposing as ever, but Barrel Dragon is...decidedly less so.

I mean, it could be worse. They could not have Deal of Phantom, and have 2 AP a piece. :v:

Remember how I was going on about this archetype, way back when? Barrel Dragon is a fantastic example of a monster with ridiculously low AP. Two! At level 34!

Here's a fun situation. Cosmo Queen is in kill range, and she has Red Medicine. At the same time, the Barrel Dragons have the next two moves, and they can (and will) combine to kill Flame Swordsman, who has Joey's only Monster Reborn.

Sure hope this was worth it!

And then Flame Swordsman dodges both attacks anyway. :allears:

Ah, this must be why Blastinus keeps getting hit.

Joey didn't have the AP to go for the sweep, so I left both dragons in critical condition for Mai.

Three attacks later, Scott's been kicked to the curb.

It's over, Scott!

Impossible! How? How could you beat me?

You'll pay for this! The time of reckoning is almost upon us. You'll get yours yet!

Stop!

-----

Flavor Text

Pleasure Town - This is a free trade city located on the western tip of Sygh-Varths. The people here are very independent.

Dhorminouth Town - This town is the gateway to Sygh-Varths. Its victory memorial tower is famous.

Vestoara Gate - This is the military fortress located at the core of Sygh-Varth's defenses.

Turret-Front - This fortress is home to the powerful force that acts as the front defensive line of Sygh-Varths.

Tower-Southern - This checkpoint leads to the Temple of Ishtar. In more peaceful times, it was crowded with visitors.
Ishtar, Ishtar… Why does that sound familiar?

Kaepe Town - This town was built in front of the Tower-Southern. Most of the visitors to the temple stay in this town.

Sygh-Varths Gate - This is Sygh-Varths's last line of defense.

Sygh-Varths - This is the capital of the empire. All of the political power is concentrated in this city.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Artix posted:

Pleasure Town - This is a free trade city located on the western tip of Sygh-Varths. The people here are very independent.

I'm sure they are. :v:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I kinda like that the game acknowledged and explained why Scott didn't just make himself invincible or completely overpowered as a Marshal. It's a little expositional, but it works for me.

Also, now that we've got all three Harpies, major loving props to Blue Ghost:

Blue Ghost posted:

I guess that the other Harpie sisters are going to be named after Celaeno and Ocypete? That is assuming that when they translated Airo to English they changed the 'L' to an 'R', the actual name been Aello. That is if their names are based off of Jason and the Argonauts.

Artix posted:

My name is Keraino! My sisters and I were hoping to join! We started out together, but got separated along the way. My sisters are sure to try and join the resistance too! So can I come with you? Please? I'll even help you fight!
A couple of letters changed, but excellent job dude.:golfclap:

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012
I'm pretty sure that when you say something is obvious the next couple of words out of your mouth aren't allowed to be "For some reason". It somewhat betrays the obviousness of the situation.

fade5 posted:

A couple of letters changed, but excellent job dude.:golfclap:

Finally, been a nerd is paying off.

Artix posted:

Ishtar, Ishtar… Why does that sound familiar?

Maybe because she was the Babylonian goddess of sex and war. Might also explain why there was a place called "Pleasure Town".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There was a character in the Yu-Gi-Oh anime named Ishtar. But yes, that also fits.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Multiple characters with that surname, actually.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Multiple characters with that surname, actually.
Whoops. Somehow I wound up getting Ishizu's first name and their last name mixed up.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

There was a character in the Yu-Gi-Oh anime named Ishtar. But yes, that also fits.

I know, I'm simply been difficult to play along with the falsehood of not knowing what the name eludes to. Mind you, I don't think it wouldn't be a Battle City era game without them.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I'm still struggling to figure out who Kaiba's marshals could even be. What named characters do we even have left? Rex, Weevil, and what, Duke Devlin (who'd have made more sense on team Yugi).

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

legoman727 posted:

I'm still struggling to figure out who Kaiba's marshals could even be. What named characters do we even have left? Rex, Weevil, and what, Duke Devlin (who'd have made more sense on team Yugi).

Probably other villains. Pegasus, Marik (normal or Yami), um... Bandit Keith? Oh god, I hope Keith is in this game. :911:

EDIT: Oh, and Mokuba, of course. I give him even odds between being a marshal or being kidnapped by Scott, which would be the only logical reason for Kaiba to fight for Scott against Yugi. Well, besides "I am the best and therefore I must one day beat Yugi in a card game!"

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 25, 2013

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The answer may surprise you!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It would rule if one of Kaiba's random suits was a marshall.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bufuman posted:

Probably other villains.

That sounds about right. Weevil, Rex, Bonz, Pegasus, PaniK, Ishizu, some weird amalgam of the Paradox Bros., and Slysheen were his allies in Duelist of the Roses, so I expect some of them to show up here.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

legoman727 posted:

Mokuba. He got kidnapped, which means he was in here too. In most games where Mokuba shows up, he's normally either an opponent or "playable" to some extent (like how Tristan is playable here)

Also, as stated, there are a good number of chump villains in the series. Rex, Weevil, Bones, maybe an Ishtar or two?
The Rare Hunters all seem to follow Scott though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:cripes: What part of "we'll get to Kaiba's campaign soon" confuses you people?

In other news, the next vote should be ready for Artix to post tomorrow.

• Locked thread