Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
NEW DAY
This poll is closed.
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE 68 45.64%
PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE 81 54.36%
Total: 149 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Havok got kicked out of her tryout because of comments she made regarding Bayley's shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Havok got kicked out of her tryout because of comments she made regarding Bayley's shirt.

Source?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just another lazy hugger.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

She said she liked the shirt, but when she noticed it said "hugger" she took it back.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

KungFu Grip posted:

She said she liked the shirt, but when she noticed it said "hugger" she took it back.

she questioned why R-Truth was getting new merch

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

if she sees Darren Young will she explode into ash like one of those blade vampires

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave Meltzer himself!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

If the Wyatts taking the 3D is just a set up for a Wyatts / Dudleys match I'd be down with that.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Well, maybe she thought it said “Duggar” and when Bayley got close…

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm kind of mad there isn't a Rovert av using TNA lettering

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
http://www.wwe.com/inside/polls/john-cena-or-kevin-owens-who-should-children-root-for

I think we all know the answer to this one.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

cena is the friend to all children

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I love that Owens is at 40%

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Whoops double post ayyy

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

John Cena is the Gamera of wrestling.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Cesaro is only dog over.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

So last night in the Twitter thread we were discussing how it's interesting that the WWE Lineal Championship, now owned by Kevin Owens, might pass down to and be traded among NXT wrestlers soon. Since I'd previously done a little research on the WCW Lineal Championship (in case you're wondering, as far as I can tell it was unified with the WWF Lineal Championship during the Mania 12 Bret/HBK Iron Man match, and was not vacated due to lack of title defense until after the WCW and WWF Championships had been unified, thus making them forever bound) I decided to check out the history of the ECW Lineal Championship. It is, as you might suspect, hilarious.

I decided to start from the establishment of the original Eastern Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Championship. As far as I can tell the WWWF's predicessor, the Capitol Wrestling Corporation, didn't have it's own Champion until it split from the NWA, which is when it made Buddy Rodgers champ and started the WWE title lineage. The ECW title existed under the NWA umbrella, but it's lineage was unbroken during the split thanks to Shane Douglas' being Eastern Championship Wrestling champion at the time he threw down the NWA belt and split them off from the company.

That said, starting from the top, I present the ECW Lineal Championship:

quote:

1) Jimmy Snuka - 4/25/1992 - Inaugural Champion
2) Johnny Hot Body - 4/26/1992
3) Jimmy Snuka (2) - 7/14/1992
4) Don Muraco - 9/30-1992
5) Jimmy Snuka (3) - 11/14/1992 - Note: A non-title bout at a live event for the Universal Wrestling Superstars (UWS) promotion. The lineal title splits from the ECW belt here.
6) Tony St. Clair - 12/13/1992 - Note: The title changes promotions again. This match temporarily unified the ECW Lineal Title with the Catch Wrestling Association (CWA) British Commonwealth Championship
7) Fit Finlay - 10/3/ 1993 - Note: Cage match, non-title, the LT is once again not bound to a belt
8) Tony St. Clair (2) - 10/24/1993 - Note: CWA Championship match. The LT is bound to a DIFFERENT CWA belt.
9) Fit Finlay (2) - 10/30/1993 - Note: Nont-title Street Fight. 7 days later it's free again. Thanks Finlay.
10) Franz Schuhmann - 11/15/1993
11) Fit Finlay (3) - 11/21/1993 - Note: Chain Match
12) Tony St. Cair (3) - 12/5/1993 - Note: Chain Match
13) Fit Finlay (4) - 12/14/1993 - Note: CWA BC Title match. The LT is once again bound to a belt.
14) Rambo - 12/15/1993 - Note: Non-title. Unbound again.

This part gets interesting.

15) PC Austin - 12/17/1993 - Note: Match took place at a house show for Championship Wrestling from Indianna (CWI), a full-blown high school gym indy fed. Rambo dropped the title under the name "The Lumberjack." I can't even find a picture of this guy.

Obviously at the Backyard Wrestling Level you can't be 100% sure anymore, but based on my best scouring of Cage Match results the title DID stay contiguous through this period.

16) Kevin Haste - 1/7/1994
17) Troy Haste - 7/2/1994 - Note: Between these two match, CWI became Championship Wrestling America (CWA)
18) Mike Samples - 8/2/1994 - Note: And thus begins the greatest rivalry of the modern era...
19) Doug Vines - 8/12/1994
20) Mike Samples (2) - 8/19/1994
21) Danny Davis - 8/21/1994
22) Mike Samples (3) - 8/28/1994
23) Doug Vines (2) - 9/1/1994
24) Mike Samples (4) - 9/2/1994 - Note: STRAP ON A POLE MATCH! :getin:
25) Doug Vines (3) - 9/15/1994
26) Mike Samples (5) - 9/16/1994 - Note: The CWA Heavyweight Championship is inaugurated with this match, once again binding the LT to a belt.
27) Doug Vines (4) - 9/29/1994 - Note: Non-title. Free again.
28) Mike Samples (6) - 9/30/1994
29) Doug Vines (5) - 10/14/1994 - Note: While Samples remained CWA champion, it seems Mr. Vines got the last laugh in their rivalry. This was the last match of his career.

After one year without being defended the ECW Lineal Championship was vacated, and awarded to the active ECW Champion.

30) The Sandman - 10/14/1995 - Note: Awarded
31) Mikey Whipwreck - 10/28/1995 - Note: Ladder Match for the ECW Championship
32) Too Cold Scorpio - 1/5/1996 - Note: In the months between Mikey lost the ECW title in a three way dance, but won the ECW Television Championship. So the Lineal Title is bound to the TV title now. Crazy.
33) Shane Douglas - 5/11/1996 - Note: ECW TV title match
34) Pitbull #2 - 6/8/1996 - Note: I can't determine how, but Pitbull #2 won the TV title without Douglas even being in the match prior to this. Regardless, the TV belt once again carries the LT.
35) Chris Jericho - 6/22/1996 - Note: ECW TV title match
36) Shane Douglas (2) - 7/27/1996 - Note: Shane won the TV belt in an Elimination 4-Way on 7/13, and reunified the LT with it in this match
37) Taz - 6/6/1997 - Note: ECW TV title match
38) Sabu - 6/6/1997 - Note: Non-title. One the same day. Well done Taz. The LT is free again.
39) Terry Funk - 8/8/1997 - Note: ECW World Heavyweight Championship match. Funk brings the LT home :unsmith:
40) Sabu (2) - 9/8/1997 - Note: Barb Wire match. ECW Championship match.
41) The Sandman (2) - 10/1/1997 - Note: Stairway to Hell Match. Sabu lost the belt to Douglas in a three-way elimination so the LT is free again
42) Sabu (3) - 3/1/1998 - Note: Dueling Canes match.
43) Al Snow - 4/18/1998 - Note: Referee Stoppage
44) Shane Douglas (3) - 5/3/1998 - Note: ECW Championship Match, unified again
45) Taz (2) - 1/10/1999 - Note: ECW Championship match
46) Sabu (4) - 9/3/1999 - Note: Non-title, free again
47) Justin Credible - 9/19/1999
48) Sabu (5) - 9/26/1999
49) Rob Van Dam - 11/18/1999 - Note: TV Title Match. Back with a belt baby.
50) Jerry Lynn - 5/14/2000 - Note: Non-title. Free again
51) Justin Credible (2) - 5/20/2000 - Note: ECW Championship match. Home again.
52) New Jack - 10/7/2000 - Note: Non-title. Free again.
53) Rhino - 11/5/2000 - Note: ECW TV title match. Unified again.

Rhino did not lose in singles again until ECW stopped running shows, although at some point he did lose the TV title and gain the ECW world title, unifying the belt and the LT until...

54) Raven - 3/4/2001 - Note: WWF House Show. The LT is free again
55) Justin Credible (3) - 3/11/2001 - Note: House Show
56) Bubba Rey Dudley - 4/16/2001
57) Hardcore Holley - 5/29/2001
58) Raven (2) - 6/3/2001 - Note: House Show
59) Christian - 6/5/2001
60) Raven (3) - 6/11/2001 - Note: House Show
61) The Big Show - 6/12/2001 - Note: WEEEEEEEELLLLLLL
62) The Undertaker - 6/16/2001 - Note: House Show
63) Booker T - 9/10/2001
64) Kurt Angle - 9/24/2001 - Note: The Wrestling Machine unifies the ECW LT with the WWF World Heavyweight Championship :911:

Kurt Angle was reigning WWF AND WCW Lineal Champion at the time of that match, having defeated current Lineal Champ Rob Van Dam in a Hardcore Match on Monday Night Raw 9/10/2001, the very same night Booker won the ECW LT. Your Olympic Hero thereby unified the ECW, WCW and WWF Lineal titles into a Triple Crown. A few months later, the WCW Championship would be deactived when it was unified with the WWF Championship by Chris Jericho, defeating The Rock and Steven Austin to become first WWF Undisputed Champion. Since the ECW and WCW titles were both deactived, little did Chris know that he was ALSO forever unifying the Undisputed LINEAL Championship, as the lineal WCW and ECW titles could never again be reverted to their title belt holders

Truly this proves that Chris Jericho is the greatest wrestler of all time :canada:

WWECW was revived and died without the Lineal Title ever being vacated, meaning that there was never a chance for the ECW Lineal Title to be awarded to that title belt's holder and split up the LT. The next time the Undisputed Lineal Championship was vacated was in 2011, after WWECW had died and it's belt retired.

One last thing of note: Two weeks after he won the Unified Lineal Championships on 5/21/2007, Bobby Lashley had his very next singles match - One Night Stand 2007, one-on-one against Vince McMahon for the ECW Championship. He was victorious. For the last time, the ECW title belt and the ECW Lineal Championship came together, even if only as a swan song as they had both been forever consumed by WWE. The belt and LT were split again when Lashley jobbed to John Cena in a non-title bout. Still, that last hollow reunion happened via a savage beating of Vince McMahon. If that's not poetry I don't know what is.

Edited for a correction

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 8, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

LOOK AT THOSE PUPPIES JR!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

So last night in the Twitter thread we were discussing how it's interesting that the WWE Lineal Championship, now owned by Kevin Owens, might pass down to and be traded among NXT wrestlers soon. Since I'd previously done a little research on the WCW Lineal Championship (in case you're wondering, as far as I can tell it was unified with the WWF Lineal Championship during the Mania 12 Bret/HBK Iron Man match, and was not vacated due to lack of title defense until after the WCW and WWF Championships had been unified, thus making them forever bound) I decided to check out the history of the ECW Lineal Championship. It is, as you might suspect, hilarious.

I decided to start from the establishment of the original Eastern Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Championship. As far as I can tell the WWWF's predicessor, the Capitol Wrestling Corporation, didn't have it's own Champion until it split from the NWA, which is when it made Buddy Rodgers champ and started the WWE title lineage. The ECW title existed under the NWA umbrella, but it's lineage was unbroken during the split thanks to Shane Douglas' being Eastern Championship Wrestling champion at the time he threw down the NWA belt and split them off from the company.

Impressive :cheers:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sanguinia posted:

That is incredible. Thank you.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sanguinia posted:

Does anyone actually unironically care about the linear championship cause it is the most pointless poo poo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bradzilla posted:

Does anyone actually unironically care about the linear championship cause it is the most pointless poo poo

Much like your posts

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

The Lineal Championship is interesting, shut your mouth. It's especially interesting that all the Lineal Championship unified and consolidated into the WWE Lineal Championship over time, mirroring broader trends in wrestling as a whole.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bradzilla posted:

Yes

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

bradzilla posted:

the most pointless poo poo

SA in a nutshell

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

Much like your posts

But I kinda agree with him tbh.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

I don't but if a dude puts in that much effort for anything they should get at least a "good job" out of it

ps good job sanguinia that's pretty cool

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Crap, I made a mistake. It seems that I missed that Rob Van Dam actually captured the WWE Lineal Title from Steve Austin on 9/4/2001. Kurt Angle then defeated him on Monday Night Raw on 9/10/2001, the same night Booker T captured the ECW Lineal Title. Which means that when Kurt beat Booker on 9/24, he was Lineal Champion, which means the unification happened there and erases the rest of the history I figured out in favor of the WWE Lineal History. Which erases my favorite part of the timeline. Bummer.

On the bright side, that hilarious final part of Lashley winning the LT and then beating up Wince to unify it with the ECW belt one last time is still true. And the LT was never vacated from Kurt's unification until 2011, after ECW was gone, so the three Monday Night War LTs are still a unified Triple Crown.

Original Post Edited for the correction.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But I kinda agree with him tbh.

I agree that post isn't a 50 page WWE sucks post that gets taken back an hour later because Dean Ambrose did a semi-cool thing so it doesn't belong in this thread

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hey sanguina gently caress you for putting a ton of effort into something interesting we are bradzilla and foochs emperors of posting

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Sanguinia posted:

If that's not poetry I don't know what is

This is precisely the type of unbridled dorkery I come to these threads for. Never stop.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hey sanguina gently caress you for putting a ton of effort into something interesting we are bradzilla and foochs emperors of posting

Well, when you get right down to it Lineal Titles are kind of silly. I'm not exactly shocked that some people responded with rolling eyes.

That said I like them, and I'm on vacation with nothing else to do so I dumped some time into it. And since I dumped time into it I thought I'd share it just in case anyone else would get a giggle out of it. So hopefully a few of you did. :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not giving Sanguinia poo poo he's a cool dude and the effort is downright admirable it just makes my eyes glaze over and I don't see why people are interested

(:ironicat: I know)

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think the linear title is useful as a demonstration as to why having your champion lose non-title matches is dumb.

Oh and I don't think this has been posted here yet. Byron "Greatest Solo Commentator of All Time" Saxton is filling in for Booker T tonight and these matches are confirmed for RAW:

- Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane
- Roman Reigns vs. Kofi Kingston

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not giving Sanguinia poo poo he's a cool dude and the effort is downright admirable it just makes my eyes glaze over and I don't see why people are interested

(:ironicat: I know)

Same. It was a kneejerk reaction post, the story told is actually kind of neat.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Blast Fantasto posted:

I think the linear title is useful as a demonstration as to why having your champion lose non-title matches is dumb.

Oh and I don't think this has been posted here yet. Byron "Greatest Solo Commentator of All Time" Saxton is filling in for Booker T tonight and these matches are confirmed for RAW:

- Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane

us women's football seems pretty appealing right now

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Blast Fantasto posted:

- Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane

Look at these hot matches on the go home Raw for Money in the Bank!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Vertical Lime posted:

Either way, you'll get to watch your favorite domestic abusers perform!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Vertical Lime posted:

Aren't they going to get their bodies torn to shreds because FIFA is making them play their World Cup on turf? Sounds awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The moral of the story is good job sanguinia

• Locked thread