Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

since its no longer being posted i assume
SOUBOUTEI
MUST HAVE
BEEN
DESTROYED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I'm a little late here but I wanted to mention that I'm honored to finally have had BSF included in a Tree Bucket Production.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

also echoing that while I dislike the fanservice of Souboutei, it's just kind of annoying. It doesn't keep me from enjoying the comic, let alone the thread.

Ditto, I really liked it too and I usually skip most animes.

fake edit: yay!

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

fritz posted:

Beanstalk

There's always a bigger fish.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Me & You

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Chapter 79

Oh yeah that guy exists.

Chapter 80

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Thanks y'all, I appreciate everyone's input. I'll keep posting Souboutei, and just stick to judiciously hotlinking the more egregiously eyeroll-worthy fanservicey pages. That said, I do want to keep going with Different Country Diary as well, and I'll split them up between posts throughout the day because I'm afraid the emotional whiplash of reading the two back to back might break someone's neck

Different Country Diary

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 68: Edo Frontier

Remember what happened the last time you tried to use your wares as bribes, Sasuke!

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 35: The Forest, the Hunt and the Experience Points

I think I read once that hunting is also associated with/prized by nobility because it's the closest you can get to war without having to find some actual human enemies - that is, if you do it the way Sigurd describes.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Apr 2, 2024

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

stirrups, Sasuke? Kinky.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Yee-haw.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
When this page of kill six billion demons was posted, someone posted a Japanese painting it resembled, does anyone remember the painting?

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-130-133-siege-of-yre/

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

When this page of kill six billion demons was posted, someone posted a Japanese painting it resembled, does anyone remember the painting?

It reminds me of this Chinese painting

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fortis posted:

I'm a little late here but I wanted to mention that I'm honored to finally have had BSF included in a Tree Bucket Production.

The crossword format meant I didn't need to attempt replicating what BSF does with colour!

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Tree Bucket posted:

I'm trying to get my head around these guys' workflow. Or at least work ethic. They put more effort into one character's hair in one panel than other artists might expend on a whole page. How do they do it?

They make enough from their comics and prints to make a living, and from their commentaries it seems like they are either working on their art or going on hikes at basically every waking moment. The power of two folks just feeding each other's creativity at all times

Rainbow In The Dark

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Pretty certain that was me, and the painting was the Siege of Osaka.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Siege_of_Osaka_Castle.jpg

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Apr 2, 2024

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Beanstalk

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Emzedoh posted:

Yes this was it, thank you

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

No worries o/

fritz posted:

Beanstalk

Universe Ma'am, Universe Ma'am
Size of the entire Universe Ma'am

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fritz posted:

Beanstalk

WOAAAH BIG LADY

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

They make enough from their comics and prints to make a living, and from their commentaries it seems like they are either working on their art or going on hikes at basically every waking moment. The power of two folks just feeding each other's creativity at all times
Living the dream

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Couldn't have apported some pants? Tights? Guess the storage room was all out of tactical trousers

I do get a bit of a kick out of Takoha going from joking to existential dread in the span of about six panels by thinking too hard

Prime Ministers only do this when they're very scared

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Slowly bursted?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

YOUR HEAD BUR SPLODE

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
Oh well at least that explains why the cabinet in the back corner wasn't covered in blood!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Custodial staff installing a new cabinet in the death room: It's just a little blood splattered, it's still good, it's still good!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

Slowly bursted?

I imagine it was a series of explosions going from the top down. Like those firecracker strips

Dieting Hippo posted:

Oh well at least that explains why the cabinet in the back corner wasn't covered in blood!

Good catch!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I just got the colours in for this story, and I'm super excited about how it's coming together! I hope to be able to share it later in the month.

"How to Find the Apple Jelly Empress" from Natasha Ramoutar and Helena Ramos Giménez

I think Helena's gonna be a big name someday.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Emzedoh posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Siege_of_Osaka_Castle.jpg
Do you have any information about it? I googled it but didn't find much, things like where/when/why it was painted, interpretations etc .

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Vagabond of Limbo

I don't feel like the titular line really works here. Why is Axle calling Musky "Papa" all of a sudden? I thought it might be a quote, but google only finds references to the comic itself.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
...Vagabond is basically French Doctor Who, right? Only with frequent boobs, and a distrust for the Papacy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

For a moment I thought you were talking about Vengaboys- which with the addition of French Doctor Who, boobs and a distrust for the Papacy would be amazing I think.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
you can just say "French," the horniness and distrust for popery is a given

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

you can just say "French," the horniness and distrust for popery is a given

What, the French are all about the popery though, at least since the Edict of Nantes got revoked. Even Napoleon (especially Napoleon?) buckled on the revolutionary anti-Catholicism and got the pope to anoint him at his coronation.

SimonChris posted:

The Vagabond of Limbo

I don't feel like the titular line really works here. Why is Axle calling Musky "Papa" all of a sudden? I thought it might be a quote, but google only finds references to the comic itself.

Maybe he's not talking to Musky? I don't know.

Do you have any information about it? I googled it but didn't find much, things like where/when/why it was painted, interpretations etc .

Not much, sorry. All I can glean is that it was commissioned by the daimyo Kuroda Nagamasa, who brought its painters with him to see the battle in person. Funny thing, though - seeing that name tickled a neuron and reminded me of a scene in later (much later) Hyouge Mono. I went and looked again and I think we actually see this painting being commissioned. I can't say more, we haven't meet the character involved yet, but he's fairly major.

We've actually already met the Kuroda clan - the head of the family was tangentially involved in Hideyoshi's maneuvering before he betrayed Nobunaga, and we'll meet him again in a few chapters. I'll point him out when he shows up again.

Wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't asked about the painting! Pretty cool.

Kit Walker posted:

I imagine it was a series of explosions going from the top down. Like those firecracker strips

Oh man. Pop pop pop, gross.

Volume 6!

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 40: A Song of Celebration

This is going to be a pretty nerdy chapter.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:shepspends: somebody make this horny Vengaboys-in-spacetime comic already, I'm not getting any younger!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Emzedoh posted:

What, the French are all about the popery though, at least since the Edict of Nantes got revoked. Even Napoleon (especially Napoleon?) buckled on the revolutionary anti-Catholicism and got the pope to anoint him at his coronation.

That's fair, it's possible my french media diet is rather limited.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

You know what, those events I cited happened hundreds of years ago, I have no idea how Catholic modern France is. I'm going to guess not as much as it used to be. Traditionally though, it was one of the major Catholic powers.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Probably the first vagabond of limbo fanart in forty years and possibly the first VoL/Dr.W mashup ever

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 07:41 on Apr 2, 2024

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

See, this is why this is a good thread.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:homersimpson: It's true, it's true! her nose is tiny!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Ceci n'est pas Chimeer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man Axel's a real rear end in a top hat here. Visiting untold horrors upon hundreds or thousands of people just to get his loving rocks off.

The guy that wanted him dead was probably right.

Synthbuttrange has a new favorite as of 08:47 on Apr 2, 2024