Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nickfan1
Jul 22, 2022
Looking at the poll, you people are sick. SICK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

What the hell, it's 74 for Mountain of Smiling Bodies, 73 for Red Mist.

I normally vote for abnormalities, they're fun fights but not voting to make TeeQueue suffer a 5 ! fight with barely any tools? What happened to the LP forums???

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022
I don’t think we’ve ever had a poll this neck and neck.

Step up, folks! A vote for Red Mist is a vote for suffering! And we all like making TQ suffer!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Again, there were roughly 50 votes around 4 hours in, with the abno fight in a decent lead with roughly 30 or so votes, and the Red Mist in the low twenties. Then the Red mist suddenly got around 10 or so votes in less than a minute, putting it in a slight lead.

Essentially, taken that a four hour old poll got a 20% increase in votes under the span of a minute for a particular option, which even now is keeping weirdly even pace with the usual winner, it feels fairly obvious to me that we have a cheatypants on the loose trying to force their favorite option whilst trying to make it not seem too obvious.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am always up for more suffering.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Theantero posted:

Again, there were roughly 50 votes around 4 hours in, with the abno fight in a decent lead with roughly 30 or so votes, and the Red Mist in the low twenties. Then the Red mist suddenly got around 10 or so votes in less than a minute, putting it in a slight lead.

Essentially, taken that a four hour old poll got a 20% increase in votes under the span of a minute for a particular option, which even now is keeping weirdly even pace with the usual winner, it feels fairly obvious to me that we have a cheatypants on the loose trying to force their favorite option whilst trying to make it not seem too obvious.

There are a lot of lurkers to this LP.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I fail to see how the presence of lurkers is relevant to the point I'm making :v:

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Your Everyday NEET posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm surprised TQ doesn't go with Roland when facing Argalia. Then again, going all out with combat dialogue means entering spoiler territory ahead of time. Even Argalia's special combat line may spoils thing ahead of time.

Argalia also has special combat line against the former Color, Gebura.

Goddamn it, the "no-spoiler" rule is messing with the set up of battles, too.

Also, for anyone voting, you might want to face the Red Mist before the Abnormality. The rewards for facing her will be very helpful in battles to come.

Lunatic 0verlord fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 2, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Theantero posted:

I fail to see how the presence of lurkers is relevant to the point I'm making :v:

Because assuming that somebody is cheating the system rather than realizing 'a lot of excited people voted for this option' makes you look bad and isn't even a point by most definitions?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Ariamaki posted:

Because assuming that somebody is cheating the system rather than realizing 'a lot of excited people voted for this option' makes you look bad and isn't even a point by most definitions?

I will spell this out for you.

60 votes in four hours means an average voting frequency of 0.25 votes per minute, and that is for all options in total. 10 votes in one minute for one of the options thus does not read as 'a lot of excited people voting', it reads as one person voting a whole bunch of times.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

MetaMeme posted:

Blame TQ for this, this had nothing to do with me, he sent me this exact joke like 5 times in DMs

This is sheer perfection.

Yes, I do, thank you, I have terrible taste in men

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Hunt11 posted:

I am always up for more suffering.

But the rewards for battling the Red Mist are likely gonna be worth it in the long run.

I mean, unless she runs away, we might get her Key Page.

And the Key Page of a Color Fixer HAS to be worth it's weight in blood, right?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

An online poll for a LP is serious loving business.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Theantero posted:

I will spell this out for you.

60 votes in four hours means an average voting frequency of 0.25 votes per minute, and that is for all options in total. 10 votes in one minute for one of the options thus does not read as 'a lot of excited people voting', it reads as one person voting a whole bunch of times.

10 votes in one minute isn't that impressive, especially in the early parts of a poll. You're going to see the fastest votes and the biggest swings early on, right when the poll goes up, because that's when people who track the thread are going to check in to see what's going on. Given that '!!!!!' and 'an abnormality' are both traditionally "VOTE FOR THIS ONE" flags for the audience, the fact that they're basically tied is unremarkable and doesn't suggest that anyone is 'cheating' the poll.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

I do not know how to impress upon you that a sudden increase of voting frequency for an option of two orders of magnitude when the poll has been open for many hours already is suspicious, so I won't further waste my time on this except to say you are obviously wrong. Like, 'this is not even up for debate' levels of wrong.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

#StopTheSteal

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

The crime is not cheating on the poll, the crime is doubting my conclusions :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I agree with Thean's conclusion but really the only response to stop shenanigans in the future and the only way to get my vote to win us to let literally anything else win

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
When someone doubts the results of a poll made by a superior, take their face.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

I actually went the other way in this fight: Nuke gears before mass attack comes, while reducing damage from Argalia with block and counter dice and not engage with his counters. Then, when everyone else is dead, throw everything at him.

oobitydoo
Oct 1, 2021

Theantero posted:

True, but the one thing we don't know is whether or not TeeQueue is responsible for the bot voting. Would that be better or worse though, I wonder.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
I played it slow and ate the mass attacks too, with a a couple librarians either with singular strike users or some strong 2-dice pages to intercept and deal some damage against Argalia's main combat pages without losing all my SR to his hojillion strong block counter dice that come after any attack not clashing against his pages while the remaining characters with traditional deck setups took out the gears worshippers.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Keldulas posted:

While it may theoretically be a neat idea for Roland to fight, this iteration of the fight was only won because of the Black Swan mass attack. Keter doesn't have enough to compensate for not having E.G.O compared to the currently complete floors.

Someone's done it with Gebura, actually

MetaMeme fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 3, 2023

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The Gebura vid does confirm something, in that trying to burn down the Blue Reverb before the Gears simply doesn't work. He won't stagger, the counter-block dice blunt your offense far too much, and the Gears do too much damage. From the looks of it, by simply paralyzing the poo poo out of him before his mass attack, it's barely threatening by that point.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Dare I hope that we'll actually not jump into the next Abno battle immediately for a change?

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
[Mod edit: that's a spoiler ya dingus]

Whoops! Sorry, TQ.

Lunatic 0verlord fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 3, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

TeeQueue posted:

On the second turn, Argalia uses a copy of Trails of Blue.

Funny, I thought the official localized name for Ao no Kiseki was Trails to Azure, not Trials of Blue...

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
A thing I'll like to comment on, as the brutality of that fight as well as the hype over the Red Mist is kind of papering it over. Roland makes it clear to Angela that he'd really like Argalia to be booked. The reason why Angela is talking about getting the book of The Red Mist is to lure him back in... for Roland's sake.

Sure, there are other reasons. But the idea to bring back The Red Mist is in response to Roland's comments.

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.
212-210 for Mountain of Vibing Bodies versus the Red Gas Cloud.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Keldulas posted:

A thing I'll like to comment on, as the brutality of that fight as well as the hype over the Red Mist is kind of papering it over. Roland makes it clear to Angela that he'd really like Argalia to be booked. The reason why Angela is talking about getting the book of The Red Mist is to lure him back in... for Roland's sake.

Sure, there are other reasons. But the idea to bring back The Red Mist is in response to Roland's comments.

Honestly? That’s hella sweet. Friendship is using your eldritch horror library to help your homies with their vendettas <3

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Appendix 29: Church of Gears

A Church of Gears Worshipper’s Page posted:

As the gears turn, our bodies are put in motion… Thought Gears are indispensable for Meat Gears… The introduction seems terrifying, but Thought Gears are said to feel much more satisfaction than Meat Gears do as time passes… Actually, I’m not sure if… a Thought Gear can still think like a human… They say Thought Gears are honored to be serving their role… But perhaps it’s only a made up story told by the worshippers who hadn’t completely gone awry… wishing to free themselves of what little guilt they had… The words I sometimes hear aren’t heard through my ears… The gear guides my body as it rotates, as if it’s entering commands into my brain… Though that matters not… We are able to live thanks to the help of the Thought Gears… We’re no longer lost, unable to find a way ahead… Even if there is no path to take… It tells me where to place my next step…

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

The thread has spoken. After a battle worthy of the Floor of Language itself, our next target is Gebura's Abnormality Battle!

One other note, I saw talk about funny-business going on with the polls, and here's my take:

The most recent poll wound up having a total of ~507 votes on it by the time all was said and done. This is much bigger than any of the previous ones, with the usual number being ~200 and the contested ones getting up as high as a bit over 300. Thus, one of two things happened:

-A whole lot of Gebura and "make TQ suffer" fans came out to express their support when normally they lurk
-Someone voted way more than once.

Given that both of our main categories got way more votes by themselves than we normally get on an entire poll, I'm pretty sure it's just the former. I don't think anyone really cares enough to attempt to rig a poll to try and force an outcome that they want, that'd be like. Really lame. With that said, hello lurkers! Love to have you here, hope you're enjoying the thread, and have a happy new year. :buddy:

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
i can't believe they're lurking instead of emptyquoting my low-brow humor, how will i get my sweet sweet dopamine now

...Alright, I admit it. I just like making fun of Bishop. The prompts just come to me, in visions. I find them Moe. Probably.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

MetaMeme posted:

i can't believe they're lurking instead of emptyquoting my low-brow humor, how will i get my sweet sweet dopamine now

...Alright, I admit it. I just like making fun of Bishop. The prompts just come to me, in visions. I find them Moe. Probably.

He hasn't even shown up for like... two weeks! More!

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

TeeQueue posted:

He hasn't even shown up for like... two weeks! More!

Just like those dorky rear end audiologs he still thinks are cool, I am dutybound to repeat this vigil whenever someone has a positive thought about him ever anywhere

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
So, an ALEPH Abnormality is next. How tough it will be?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

-A whole lot of Gebura and "make TQ suffer" fans came out to express their support when normally they lurk
-Someone voted way more than once.

Given that both of our main categories got way more votes by themselves than we normally get on an entire poll, I'm pretty sure it's just the former.

I mean, it could've been two cheaters duking it out, too! This is a possibility also :v:

Which, if the case, would be funny enough to make up for the bad faith, so really it's a wash.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Theantero posted:

I mean, it could've been two cheaters duking it out, too! This is a possibility also :v:

Which, if the case, would be funny enough to make up for the bad faith, so really it's a wash.

It is theoretically possible (and hilarious), yes. I'm still going to to believe in my readers, who would absolutely never throw me off a cliff into horrible hellfights just for their own amusement. :kimchi:

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

It is theoretically possible (and hilarious), yes. I'm still going to to believe in my readers, who would absolutely never throw me off a cliff into horrible hellfights just for their own amusement. :kimchi:

Can we be both a lurker and throw you off a cliff into a horrible hellfight?

I lurk because I often don't have a lot to say/others say it better/I'm really shy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'm now imagining all the lurkers combining into Smiling Mountain of Bodies and it ending up in front of a pair of buttons that put a vote on the poll. An arm on each side each slap their respective buttons repeatedly as Smiling Mountain of Bodies starts to bicker with itself.

Y'know, that one button pushing meme from Futurama would just be easier to say for an easy visual huh? :v: