Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Didn't know Joseph Mazzello raced in Indy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I think it's clear Theo has no future in F1. Indycar's not a bad landing spot at least.

He's not even racing in Super Formula anymore.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

the people want liam

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Grimson posted:

the people want liam

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The people want...racing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Colostomy Bag posted:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

AliExpress George Clooney

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wasn't Logan supposed to be binned by now

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

lmao

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Yeah, seems like the strategy is to red flag until the rain stops, then have everyone put on full wets to dry the track behind the safety car for several laps, then switch to intermediates for a rolling start.

The teams refuse to drive on the full wets because they are too slow so they would rather risk crashing on inters and since the FIA very rarely mandate tires I don't see it changing anytime soon

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

F1DriverQuidenBerg posted:

AliExpress George Clooney

Hahaha

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre
sad it’s not a race weekend, really gives me a good excuse to not leave my house

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

jimmychoo posted:

sad it’s not a race weekend, really gives me a good excuse to not leave my house

Let's see what's available this weekend:

• World Endurance Championship - Spa 6 Hours
  • IndyCar - Indianapolis Road Course
  • MotoGP - France GP
  • World Rally Championship - Rally Portugal
  • NASCAR - Darlington

...and probably some more that don't pop out or are for even bigger sickos

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don’t like NASCAR at all but Darlington is a fantastic track. I recommend at least checking out the race this weekend for 10-15 minutes.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

jimmychoo posted:

MotoGP got you, sprint saturday, GP sunday.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

wec and freca are on this weekend

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdIkY4NAFQ

WEC practice is live and should be free to watch on replay

Hypercars at Spa :lando:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

harperdc posted:

Hypercars at Spa :lando:

gonna put in a plug for le mans ultimate if you like the best physics and graphics with half rear end everything else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRZD4Ti098w

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kirios posted:

I don’t like NASCAR at all but Darlington is a fantastic track. I recommend at least checking out the race this weekend for 10-15 minutes.

NASCAR also does awesome throwback liveries for the Darlington weekend, for example

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

NASCAR also does awesome throwback liveries for the Darlington weekend, for example

they did an awesome press release but it still weirds me out that it's a Ford and not a Toyota, like all those specific Castrol liveries were on.

but yeah did they move the throwbacks up from the Labor Day weekend race, or just doing it both times? I thought it was the fall race that had those, maybe the schedule change made that happen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm not sure but I vaguely recall throwback weekend happening at the spring race because it was somewhat close to the 500

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre

cheers

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
WEC at Spa is going to be great.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
spa is so good

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

There’s some absolutely fantastic racing in the UK randomly available on Youtube throughout the weekend, anything from shitbox BMW 2ers to GT3s, usually at Brands Hatch or Silverstone.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

spa is so good

Mokotow posted:

There’s some absolutely fantastic racing in the UK randomly available on Youtube throughout the weekend, anything from shitbox BMW 2ers to GT3s, usually at Brands Hatch or Silverstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY-t4OPzdc4

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I got a genius idea where all car liveries go back to simplified liveries like that where you can actually see who is sponsoring it during the race as opposed to the current million little turd strategies where it looks impressive in press photos but all the sponsors are completely illegible any time the vehicle is moving

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre
that’s why every car needs google chrome wheels

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Everything should just be covered in sparkling bass boat paint.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Half of the logos are for scummy crypto companies (but I repeat myself)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Turambar posted:

incredibly brave of you to call out crypto companies in tyool 2024, god bless 🫡

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Turambar posted:

It's just one crypto logo and multiple slurp juices

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

...and probably some more that don't pop out or are for even bigger sickos

monaco historics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVawTt3K1_0

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

adrian newey is racing lmao

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

F1DriverQuidenBerg posted:

I got a genius idea where all car liveries go back to simplified liveries like that where you can actually see who is sponsoring it during the race as opposed to the current million little turd strategies where it looks impressive in press photos but all the sponsors are completely illegible any time the vehicle is moving

NASCAR really needs to mandate that primary sponsors stay that way for at least 2/3 of the races

alternate liveries have a much greater impact when they're truly an alternate or one-off, not one of four or five options rotated throughout the year.

then again I'm also beginning to feel this grumpy about American team sports jerseys as well, so maybe it's just getting old

ArmedZombie posted:

gonna put in a plug for le mans ultimate if you like the best physics and graphics with half rear end everything else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRZD4Ti098w

I'm glad it's out and in Early Access but I am not a PC gamer so will have to wait a good long while for that to hit consoles I suppose

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Enjoying the car that got hoisted into the lower atmosphere before being placed on a flatbed just behind the crane

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

LeMans Ultimate will be great when the 2024 grid is in there. Because it's 2023 most track have the half arsed GTE Am final year field.

And of course no Isotta, BMW, Alpine or Lambo hypercar.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

andyf posted:

Enjoying the car that got hoisted into the lower atmosphere before being placed on a flatbed just behind the crane

want to make sure everyone can get a good look at the floor

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Into hour 2 at Spa, and the Ferraris are flying.

And so is the Iron Dames car in GT3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Can we not spoil that race in this thread?