Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

greatZebu posted:

I am Shane Oman, Vanilla Town. I agree that killing capps is strictly better than killing no one (for town, anyway). I wouldn't consider killing anyone other than capps or fv because if we kill town and capps isn't lying, we just lose.
Agreed.

mr.capps posted:

uhh reasoning

like i hope i have 2 points but logically i probably actually only have one

like this is pretty straight forward
Except your first post was pretty confident and the new information since then should have made you more confident. You know, unless you don't actually care about the claimed wincon and weren't paying close attention to it.

Oh, and another point in favor of Capps being Scum. We know the Scum roleblocker hit someone with no night action during N1, and Keane was targeted by Capps. If I'm right, we won't have a Scum RBer tonight which makes victory little more than a formality. Just under 5 hours left, let's lynch Capps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
of course i want to be confident because i want to win?
i am sorry you don't know how humans behave

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Sorry if I'm wrong Capps, but your lynch is the only thing that makes sense today. Lynching someone who might be Town risks losing the game today if you're telling the truth. No lynching is just a worse form of lynching you if you're telling the truth. Lynching you leaves us with the same lynching opportunities in the future with the possibility of additional info. If you you are lying, then we obviously should lynch you today.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

mr.capps posted:

of course i want to be confident because i want to win?
i am sorry you don't know how humans behave
Beep, beep, boop. The only logical course of action is your removal from the game. Sorry bud.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you are wrong and dumb vote fv jesus christ

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ardulac posted:

Beep, beep, boop. The only logical course of action is your removal from the game. Sorry bud.

ARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ard i will call you mean names

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

If you want me to stop advocating your lynch, then explain one benefit to leaving you alive.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ardulac posted:

If you want me to stop advocating your lynch, then explain one benefit to leaving you alive.

we can actually kill scum today

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

How can we do that better today than tomorrow?

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

The only difference I'm seeing is that I'll likely be dead tomorrow if you're telling the truth. And while I'm not lacking in the self opinion category, I don't think that is worth the risk of leaving you alive.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ardulac posted:

How can we do that better today than tomorrow?

one scum on its own makes poorer decisions than 2 or 3 scum together

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

mr.capps posted:

one scum on its own makes poorer decisions than 2 or 3 scum together
Eh, maybe?

I mean with everyone full claiming, they've almost certainly worked out most of their plans.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I have considered one small benefit to lynching someone else over Capps today.

If we hit Scum, then they can't Roleblock and kill tonight which means Opop can protect me tonight. So that's something. I still think it's not worth the risk, but I'll ponder that for a bit.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Let's do that list thing kids were doing earlier.

Rules out:
Keane/capps We know Keane had a Vig so she wouldn't have multiple RBs so Capps would have to be the RBer and it would be very odd for him to target his buddy n1.
Keane/TT Ruled out by f_v.
Zebu/TT Ruled out by f_v.
capps/TT Ruled out by f_v.
Opop/TT Ruled out by f_v.

Very unlikely:
Keane/f_v - Keane could have saved her Vig, let the Thunderdome finish (killing a Townie or a 3rd Party), and Vigged someone tomorrow as soon as any Townie voted for another Townie. Resulting in a surprise LYLO.
Keane/Zebu - See above.
Keane/Opop - See above.
f_v/Opop - Between my Town result on him and his play, I'm pretty confident Opop is Town. (And honestly, we'll probably just lose if I'm wrong since I don't see us catching him at this point)
Zebu/Opop - See above.
capps/Opop - See above.

The rest:
f_v/Zebu
f_v/capps
f_v/TT
Zebu/capps

Huh, so in any of those 4 cases lynching f_v won't end the game today. Hmm...

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

And even adding the unlikely Keane options back in, the only one that ends the game is Keane/Zebu.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Based on all of that, can anyone see something I'm missing that justifies not lynching f_v?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll buy it, Ard.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

It's tempting to just pull the trigger and do this with you right now.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Ardulac posted:

The rest:
f_v/Zebu
f_v/capps
f_v/TT
Zebu/capps

Also, if the scum team was me/capps, killing fv would win the game for town because it would verify the identity of both scum (assuming you rule out keane as scum).

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

greatZebu posted:

Also, if the scum team was me/capps, killing fv would win the game for town because it would verify the identity of both scum (assuming you rule out keane as scum).
Yep, that's what I was getting at. It almost seems too easy, but I'm not seeing any holes in my logic at the moment.

Then again, I didn't see anything wrong with my logic on Capps until I went through this process.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote fv

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Ardulac posted:

Based on all of that, can anyone see something I'm missing that justifies not lynching f_v?

Yes, this.

Opopanax posted:

We have me, Ard and FV here. Scum will want to RB me tonight, then kill one of the three. But if two of us survive we will gain info. FV will either catch or clear someone, or Ard will. If FV is scum we'll know soon enough and should still have time to deal with it later. I don't want to kill FV today

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Ardulac posted:

Let's do that list thing kids were doing earlier.

Rules out:
Keane/capps We know Keane had a Vig so she wouldn't have multiple RBs so Capps would have to be the RBer and it would be very odd for him to target his buddy n1.
Keane/TT Ruled out by f_v.
Zebu/TT Ruled out by f_v.
capps/TT Ruled out by f_v.
Opop/TT Ruled out by f_v.

Very unlikely:
Keane/f_v - Keane could have saved her Vig, let the Thunderdome finish (killing a Townie or a 3rd Party), and Vigged someone tomorrow as soon as any Townie voted for another Townie. Resulting in a surprise LYLO.
Keane/Zebu - See above.
Keane/Opop - See above.
f_v/Opop - Between my Town result on him and his play, I'm pretty confident Opop is Town. (And honestly, we'll probably just lose if I'm wrong since I don't see us catching him at this point)
Zebu/Opop - See above.
capps/Opop - See above.

The rest:
f_v/Zebu
f_v/capps
f_v/TT
Zebu/capps

Why are you 100% ruling out Keane? We've already said the scum team seems a bit underpowered, so a scum day vig would balance that.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why are you 100% ruling out Keane? We've already said the scum team seems a bit underpowered, so a scum day vig would balance that.
It's not 100%, but there seems to be little to be gained for Keane by using the Vig today instead of tomorrow.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Here's how I see it.

Most likely scum team Capps/Zebu. Capps is the roleblocker.

Unlikely, but not impossible scum team Keane/Zebu. In this case Capps is telling the truth about his 3P role.

To me, lynching Zebu makes sense with either combination. Lynching Capps also makes sense because if he is telling the truth about being 3P then if he disappears overnight and we lynch town today, then we lose.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

CCKeane posted:

##unvote

Keane, I don't understand your thinking. If fv isn't scum, the only plausible team that doesn't include you is me and capps. And you have an unreasonable level of trust in capps. And even if it was me and capps, I think town would win after killing fv.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

I'm ready to cast my vote, but I'd rather here what Opop has to say first. I'm okay with making this decision and possibly losing the game for myself, but I'd rather not make that decision for Opop without hearing his thoughts.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want to lynch Capps or nobody

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'll vote Capps or Zebu.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Opopanax posted:

I want to lynch Capps or nobody
Any thoughts on what I mentioned?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ardulac posted:

Any thoughts on what I mentioned?

What's that?

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

The comments on the different possible Scum teams and how that relates to lynching f_v today.

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

Opopanax posted:

If FV is scum we'll know soon enough and should still have time to deal with it later. I don't want to kill FV today

I don't think this is true. If capps is telling the truth and we kill him, scum can block opop and kill ard. Then fv says she tracked me and its her word against mine again, except now its lylo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

greatZebu posted:

I don't think this is true. If capps is telling the truth and we kill him, scum can block opop and kill ard. Then fv says she tracked me and its her word against mine again, except now its lylo.

But then we know poo poo is whacky.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Can we just kill Capps please.

##vote Capps

-1 now.

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

##Unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is a very exciting end game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

Congrats on your win one way or the other Capps. ##Vote f_v.

• Locked thread