Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Lurking Haro posted:

*May contain undefined biomass

I could eat Altman's beef for days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I don't believe in anything, I'm here for the violence puns.

Altman be set ablaze

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I decided to go with Bruceski's idea to make Tuesday be DS2sday and Thursday be DS3sday. This means there'll be one week near the end with no DS2 vid on Tuesday but I'll come up with something, like that Deep Space of Isaac's rear end fanfic theater I've had on the backburner perhaps! Uh, anyway, yeah, that's the plan for now, so expect a video later today.

edit: Reason I say later today is because a) it's rendering now and b) Hotline Miami 2 is coming out today so I may be a bit distracted.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 10, 2015

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I could have sworn Isaac had a vision of Altman at some point during his horrific flashbacks

Altman be Gazed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

"Sawblade! Sawblade! Kill that baby! Kill that baby!!!" - CJacobs, 2015

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 11, 2015

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It's a morgue in a Dead Space game. As soon as I knew I was going into the Unitologist's dead body storage I made sure I had 100+ rounds in my plasma cutter and said :getin:

Dead Space 2 handles the whole 'why aren't there kid zombies?' bit as well as it handles putting you in near-complete darkness: it uses them to enhance the horror. You never see any actually get necromorphed (which is practically a 100% guaranteed trigger) and thus dances around the line between 'oh lord this is horrible' and 'throwing up over here.'

The ending sequence is great for immediate karmic comeuppance and 'ahhhhh when will I get a break!?' factor.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
You're wrong, btw, crow. Dash would re-name the Ripper the "Rend-er".

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
*Ding*

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I apologize for the loud thumping in the video. At that point in the stream I was eating something and my microphone interpreted me reaching over and pushing the mute button on it so you wouldn't hear me chomping away at whatever as SLAMMING A HEAVY OBJECT ON MY DESK for whatever reason.

Also

Blind Sally posted:

You're wrong, btw, crow. Dash would re-name the Ripper the "Rend-er".

:fuckoff:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You know, in order to rejuvenate the franchise, we should crossover it with stuff, like Planescape.

Altman be mazed.

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010
This part was one of my favorite parts in Dead Space 2. Other games might've been tempted to keep Daina around and cash in on the time spent building up her character and then her inevitable betrayal. Not Visceral though, her life in the Dead Space universe is just as fleeting and fragile as any other human's; no exit-stage-left for her, no last-minute bullshit transformation, just unceremoniously gunned down and forgotten about like everyone else on the station.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Now I'm just imagining Marker Mouse, complete with that boiling screen effect from Isaac's hallucinations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gregen posted:

This part was one of my favorite parts in Dead Space 2. Other games might've been tempted to keep Daina around and cash in on the time spent building up her character and then her inevitable betrayal. Not Visceral though, her life in the Dead Space universe is just as fleeting and fragile as any other human's; no exit-stage-left for her, no last-minute bullshit transformation, just unceremoniously gunned down and forgotten about like everyone else on the station.

Getting unceremoniously blown out into space sort of is an "Exit, stage left" type deal, isn't it?

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Getting unceremoniously blown out into space sort of is an "Exit, stage left" type deal, isn't it?

Hah, yeah I guess it is :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

One big thing that makes that scene work so well? It's NOT a QTE. It's functionally similar, but everything you're doing is stuff that was established in gameplay; shoot the infected flesh, aim under pressure, mash E to exert yourself/shake off a grab, etc. You also have just enough time to do it all without it feeling like a glorified cutscene or too punishingly hard. The whole Tormentor fight and Daina's death scene is just goddamn awesome.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
You don't use Stasis on the children because that would be cruel. :colbert:

Also, right when that gunship comes in and starts tearing the room up, I had way too good of a laugh at the look on the dude's face as he was grabbing onto Isaac still, even after Daina and his buddy got gunned the gently caress down. He's trying to hold on to him, and you can see in a singular moment him realizing just how hosed he is. The room has been vented of atmosphere, there's a ship with gatling guns just outside the window and already with a good bead on you, and the one person you're holding onto? He has an EVA-capable suit. You have clothes.

The exact moment the realization hits him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

tlarn posted:

Also, right when that gunship comes in and starts tearing the room up, I had way too good of a laugh at the look on the dude's face as he was grabbing onto Isaac still, even after Daina and his buddy got gunned the gently caress down. He's trying to hold on to him, and you can see in a singular moment him realizing just how hosed he is. The room has been vented of atmosphere, there's a ship with gatling guns just outside the window and already with a good bead on you, and the one person you're holding onto? He has an EVA-capable suit. You have clothes.

That's amazing. I love Dead Space Faces. :allears:

I'm also disappointed I didn't do a Mr. Plinkett-style "gently caress off ghost!" around the 14:30 mark. Oh gently caress, I actually did. drat.

spbwf7
Nov 1, 2012

tlarn posted:

Well, that may also be the sudden imbalance in internal/external body pressures causing his eyes to bulge out, indicating immanent death via sudden exposure to the cold void of space.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

spbwf7 posted:

Well, that may also be the sudden imbalance in internal/external body pressures causing his eyes to bulge out, indicating immanent death via sudden exposure to the cold void of space.

It looks like a pretty realistic 'oh poo poo' face to me :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, by the way, I said I didn't see that thing I was looking for but I found out later while reviewing the footage that in the video you actually CAN see it for a brief moment! Just not right there! First person to spot it wins nothing but the satisfaction that we both saw the thing!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

You know, in order to rejuvenate the franchise, we should crossover it with stuff, like Planescape.

Altman be mazed.

Are you proposing a whole MULTIVERSE of Altmans?

We could have Altmans for days!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Neophyte posted:

Retitle the thread to Altman Let's Plays

Yes please. These vids are good but the thread is better

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I heard the Westoro Baptist Church actually became a branch of Unitology.

Changed their signs to Altman hates gays.

I'm sorry

so, so sorry.

Edit: Darn, now I noticed that in the last area you come into, the candles stay lit even as atmosphere is venting out the now-broken window.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 11, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

chiasaur11 posted:

Are you proposing a whole MULTIVERSE of Altmans?

We could have Altmans for days!

Make it a franchise, or at least casual spinoffs/ripoffs, like say Farmville, where Altman farms maize. And branching (ahaha) off from that, EA can co-ordinate their marketing efforts with companies like Monsanto and genetically engineer new life. I for one, look forward to the day where we can see Altman's Bees praised.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I'm getting a little tired of endless puns on Altman, rephrased.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Pun Space 3.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Reminds me of that time I tried to follow a dessert recipe based on an Ayn Rand character but needed another layer of egg white to make it taste right, so I had my Galt flan re-glazed.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Illuyankas posted:

Reminds me of that time I tried to follow a dessert recipe based on an Ayn Rand character but needed another layer of egg white to make it taste right, so I had my Galt flan re-glazed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Illuyankas posted:

jesus loving christ

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Daina probably would have been fine if those windows weren't so vulnerable to cannon fire. It's gotta be a serious safety issue.

Gonna start up a new window bulletproofing business on Titan. It'll be called Windows Be Glazed.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

chitoryu12 posted:

Daina probably would have been fine if those windows weren't so vulnerable to cannon fire. It's gotta be a serious safety issue.

Gonna start up a new window bulletproofing business on Titan. It'll be called Windows Be Glazed.

Daina's been perpetually underestimating Tiedmann ever since she got in contact with Isaac. She got what she deserved.

Also the Altman puns are starting to reach critical mass. They're just converging into a giant mass of chaff with only one or two boss puns sticking their heads up to blow some limbs off of the poor readers.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
someone shoot my head off so that i don't have to read them anymore

edit: don't worry it won't kill me i'll just flail around a bit

I like Daina, just because you already know from the very beginning that she's misleading Isaac if you played the prequel game thing. Like, they make it so unbelievably obvious that it's going to happen that I can't help but feel it was intentional all along. Even Isaac is like "ok but why are you helping me" immediately after he escapes the hospital. :allears:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Yeah, these puns are starting to wear out.

Altman's puns decayed.

e: on second thought I need to give my own pun a little more scrutiny.

Altman appraised.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Do you not get it? We are the memes. We are perpetuating them through our own insanity.

SA-men be crazed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I can't help but feel I am partly to blame for this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs, I'm sorry but it looks like we'll have to kill one of your co-commentators to end this nightmare.

Sally be lazed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jim's now a blind cave necromorph!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

EponymousMrYar posted:

Also the Altman puns are starting to reach critical mass. They're just converging into a giant mass of chaff with only one or two boss puns sticking their heads up to blow some limbs off of the poor readers.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Blind Sally posted:

I can't help but feel I am partly entirely to blame for this.

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Is everyone in this thread high or something? All youse be blazed.

• Locked thread