Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We could've have gotten Gwimbly...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think maybe the joke character should have been a third gremlin.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

TGLT posted:

It's cool that Multiversus is sticking with the same kind of roster choices that helped kill it the last time, and I hope that they decide to go for the hat trick after it dies a second time. Maybe next time we'll get Howard Groote from Batman Beyond.

warner brothers listened, and they dug into the looney tunes vault to bring you all your favorite classic characters from the 1930s and 40s!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Oh, and I watched the trailer and he's clearly the parasol smash character ripped off 100% ... That wasn't Daisy/peach... that was...

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think maybe the joke character should have been a third gremlin.

The googly eyed Gremlin, or the Electric Gremlin, or the Lady Gremlin

With how Multiversus picks characters I half expect Donald Clamp

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 20, 2024

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Honestly just cancel the whole thing and make a gremlins fighting game. Unironically.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think we can have Hulk Hogan as a character though

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The banana guard was an item before the revamp, he's not entirely new. You picked up an item and he popped out of it and charged in a straight line, so I don't think he's like a joke character. I think he's a "pressed for resources, upcycle existing assets" character.
e: https://multiversus.fandom.com/wiki/Banana_Guard Okay I wasn't imagining it.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 20, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Reiley posted:

The banana guard was an item before the revamp, he's not entirely new. You picked up an item and he popped out of it and charged in a straight line, so I don't think he's like a joke character. I think he's a "pressed for resources, upcycle existing assets" character.

So what you are telling us is that the third character is absolutely Mr. Meesees

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Reiley posted:

e: https://multiversus.fandom.com/wiki/Banana_Guard Okay I wasn't imagining it.

Is that supposed to alleviate what a disaster this is

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Tae posted:

Is that supposed to alleviate what a disaster this is

No. I think it's a sign that things are more on fire than it seems.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Should have put in tree trunks instead of the banana guards.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Joke characters are cool but I think they could do better than these guys

joke/shock characters that WB almost certainly owns the rights (not actors depictions) to:
sheldon cooper
steve urkel
lucy ricardo
lorelai gilmore (gilmore girls)
dean and sam winchester (supernatural)
jabberjaw
SPACE GHOST
aqua teen hunger force
basically any of the zero-cost shows on adult swim really
kangaroo jack
andy french (mission hill)
harold and kumar

im not even done. what the gently caress are these guys thinking

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they might all be 'owned' by the same company but at a company that big theres still a ton of internal politics and red tape to go through. which is why they stick so closely to the same few things. see: two gremlins

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Elephunk posted:

And it definitely should have been complete before I gave them $49.99 but that's on me

I didn't give them that much, but I gave them money too.

Like, normally I don't regret supporting FGs, but man it really looks all the promise I thought the game had at the time has just been stripped out.

anime was right posted:

SPACE GHOST
aqua teen hunger force

God, now I want this and I know in my heart of hearts that it'll never happen. Rick and Morty are probably the only Adult Swim characters they'll get

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

they might all be 'owned' by the same company but at a company that big theres still a ton of internal politics and red tape to go through. which is why they stick so closely to the same few things. see: two gremlins

ive barely scratched the surface. there's no way they don't own the rights to some weird poo poo, or it would cost them peanuts to license from the production company.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

I didn't give them that much, but I gave them money too.

Like, normally I don't regret supporting FGs, but man it really looks all the promise I thought the game had at the time has just been stripped out.

God, now I want this and I know in my heart of hearts that it'll never happen. Rick and Morty are probably the only Adult Swim characters they'll get

They should pay George Lowe a lot of money and then not ask him to work too hard. Andy Merrill too. A lot of the guys behind those shows deserve way more than they're getting.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Reiley posted:

They should pay George Lowe a lot of money and then not ask him to work too hard. Andy Merrill too. A lot of the guys behind those shows deserve way more than they're getting.

andy merrill getting hosed over that hard is so sad. he works as an amazon driver and hes trying to make money doing a brak puppet on tiktok. dude pretty much built adult swim.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Put Brak in. Give Andy Merrill another fuckin paycheck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE3xp1yUo9k

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Reiley posted:

:hmmyes:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Put Brak in. Give Andy Merrill another fuckin paycheck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE3xp1yUo9k

I want Zorak and Moltar's voice actors family to get royalties and throw their characters in there. Give me Cap'n Murphy too while were at it.

A shame that Hinson turned out to be such a sunofabitch, would have been fun to see him in something like this. Dan Halen would be hilarious, the Sheriff, Assy McGee, all of Dethklok, Thundarr the Barbarian, Race Bannon, Harvey Birdman, Stephen Colbert Reducto, X the Eliminator, Mentok the Mind Taker.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If they won't give me Xavier Renegade Angel then there's no goddamn point to this game

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Reiley posted:

Jellystone! did an episode a while back that had both George Lowe and Andy Merrill reprise their roles. They should do that a lot more.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There's another fruit related AT character that would have worked better

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

If Multiverse just became a licensed Hanna Barbera fighter it'd instantly be 1000% better

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 20, 2024

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Give us Inside the NBA before it’s too late.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/multiversus/status/1792540812875616695?t=WFLRItNtU02Eca-ze3n-8g&s=19

Jason and Agent Smith appear in this trailer

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
They added Jason so there is someone even slower to make everyone else feel faster.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The gently caress are these choices

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I didn't even know WB had Jason

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I didn't even know WB had Jason

Yeah, same. Looking it up, WBD's owned New Line since '08, so Jason being in MKX makes more sense now.

And going by the locations in the trailer, we can expect Powerpuff Girls and Animaniacs?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Although I think even WB has to make some kind of deal to use Jason in things outside the US because Sean Cunningham and Horror Inc. own the rights to that and now you've got the thing where Victor Miller owns the copyright to the first story which he recently won back. It's a terrible mess.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

walter white would be a slam dunk but the cowards refuse to do it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm in awe that WB managed to make a trailer that is actually as slow and stuttery as the game

That's an incredible level of incompetence

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So does anyone remember Drag Her!, the in-development fighting game focused on drag queens? No, neither do I:

https://twitter.com/dragherthegame/status/1790774142947532929

Kotaku has an article up about the trouble the devs had with a lack of funding and being unable to find a publisher, which is why they ceased development:

https://kotaku.com/drag-her-game-fighting-ru-pauls-drag-race-steam-1851488749

It kinda blames the failing on the game being too gay, which I think is unfortunately very valid, but for me I think the bigger issue was that the game looked too gimmicky, which is why I never thought much about it to begin with

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean i think it could be that its like, Too Gay but also i dont think that many western publishers are that interested in indie 2d fighting games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also, I'm pretty sure the first time most people heard about their project was from that tweet announcing they were packing it in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the game looks like this

like im sure the devs are cool and im sure the games fun but, idk, i dont think it has to be anti-gay collusion. im sure that played a part in it but idk, going hard on that angle just feels like feeding it into the culture war. this sort of drag culture isnt that popular rn anyway. and like, in a non-culture war way. that doesnt mean it shouldnt exist just that like, im not sure there are that many modern young gay people who identify that strongly with these sorts of images?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also this statement is kind of infurating, from that kotaku article

quote:

Drag Her! was a bold attempt to take a very masculine space—fighting games—and unabashedly queer it.

shut the gently caress up you have no idea what youre talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

granblue and gg strive alone account for like 90% of the openly trans characters in major big budget game releases in the past few years but fighting games need to be 'queered' and 'are a masculine space?' gently caress off