Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Clawtopsy posted:

…. Have banners always been 45 days long?

It's so that this banner will still be available during the July/August voting gauntlet, which will likely be this banner vs next month's banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Some unlucky bastard on Reddit reached the max pity rate. I think that's the first time I've ever seen that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/o4waxg/has_anyone_ever_seen_this_before_my_pity_rate_got/

The green orb was adrift Corn.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
I pulled until I got a single 5* unit and it was a 5* casper and I didn't get any 4 stars on the way and he's -Spd and it took over 120 orbs and this poo poo sucks

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I pulled until I got a single 5* unit and it was a 5* casper and I didn't get any 4 stars on the way and he's -Spd and it took over 120 orbs and this poo poo sucks

They really need to make the demote unit act like a 4* special wherein if you get them they dont knock down the pity rate

It's always horrifying when you get in deep and you cant avoid the demote orb

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

For some reason it has taken me this long to cotton to this, but this TT has taught me that Martyr+ doesn't interact nearly as well with a Push 3 as I thought it did.

Mercie just will not recover that last 1 HP she lost when the Atk/Res Push 3 activated no matter how much she heals. I had to put Heavenly Light on her instead of Miracle so she would at least be able to recover that chip damage SOMETIMES.

Why in the gently caress did they make the Push 3 skills suck SO MUCH compared to 4? Most other rank 4 skills are a marginal improvement over the 3 so you don't feel like they're completely useless without the 4 next to their name. Not so with the Pushes! It's either this skill does dick all of you're missing even 1 HP, or it still takes effect if you're above 25% of your health. I mean what. the absolute. gently caress.

Why isn't Mercie getting that last hit point with Martyr+?!

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I thought for sure that worked because I use it on B Camilla, though I tend to attack with her more than heal.

You could always use Reconcile…

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

For some reason it has taken me this long to cotton to this, but this TT has taught me that Martyr+ doesn't interact nearly as well with a Push 3 as I thought it did.

Mercie just will not recover that last 1 HP she lost when the Atk/Res Push 3 activated no matter how much she heals. I had to put Heavenly Light on her instead of Miracle so she would at least be able to recover that chip damage SOMETIMES.

Why in the gently caress did they make the Push 3 skills suck SO MUCH compared to 4? Most other rank 4 skills are a marginal improvement over the 3 so you don't feel like they're completely useless without the 4 next to their name. Not so with the Pushes! It's either this skill does dick all of you're missing even 1 HP, or it still takes effect if you're above 25% of your health. I mean what. the absolute. gently caress.

Why isn't Mercie getting that last hit point with Martyr+?!
I don't feel like pulling out a Fury unit to check but assuming it's not just an oversight in the game (since it's only 1 HP) the damage taken from Fury & Pushes and so on don't get registered as "damage done to unit" for Martyr, which only checks for actual damage done by another opponent.

Also Push 3s have been around since 2018 and they sucked then too. Push 4s were them basically making them what they should have been to begin with.

Heavenly Light won't heal Mercedes either, by the way. Use the Live to Serve seal

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Spectral Werewolf posted:

I thought for sure that worked because I use it on B Camilla, though I tend to attack with her more than heal.

You could always use Reconcile…

Camilla has a Push 4 so she can keep that active much more easily. All you'd have to do is keep her about 25%. Easy peasy. I'll look at Reconcile I guess.

rannum posted:

I don't feel like pulling out a Fury unit to check but assuming it's not just an oversight in the game (since it's only 1 HP) the damage taken from Fury & Pushes and so on don't get registered as "damage done to unit" for Martyr, which only checks for actual damage done by another opponent.

Also Push 3s have been around since 2018 and they sucked then too. Push 4s were them basically making them what they should have been to begin with.

Heavenly Light won't heal Mercedes either, by the way. Use the Live to Serve seal

Oh yeah, I know. I guess I'm annoyed that they didn't change the way the non-rank 4 Push skills worked when they released the rank 4. Why do they scale so poorly? It's really annoying given how rare Push 4s are. I know this game exists to make money and blah blah blah but that skill sticks out as ESPECIALLY scummy and anti-player. It's really gross.

Mercie can hang onto the Live to Serve Seal for now. That's just annoying because I can only give that to one healer at a time.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Have to use Zeke as my AR O bonus unit and with the stat boost he is an absolute beast, goddamn.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

hahaha Leonie is so good thank u IS

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FartingBedpost posted:

That's my girl!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

FartingBedpost posted:

What's a decent build for her since her default skills are kind of meh?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1407526343525474306

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

In 8 pulls total on the summer banner, I have pulled all four focus heroes (with both Caspar and Mercie -Atk) + a bonus 4* Special Celica.

So, you know, I expect my luck to be absolute poo poo until at LEAST CYL in August. Good thing it's probably not gonna be Sacred Stones summer again, right? Right?!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Strange Matter posted:

The one I've opted to go for is: Devilish Bow, Swift Sparrow 3, A/D Far Trace, and Joint Drive Speed, with Glimmer holding down the special slot until I can snag another Shinon for Deadeye. Yes, that's a bit high-investment, but for as good as Leonie's stat line is, she falls into the group of units that need a complete kit overhaul to work.

Another option is to swap out the Trace skill for a Lull, probably either Lull Spd/Def, Lull Atk/Def or Lull Atk/Spd (this one's on Shinon, so you can burn someone else to get Glimmer and then grab Deadeye + Lull Atk/Spd).

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Strange Matter posted:

I just ate a Bernadetta and gave her Push 4 and Lull Spd/Def, as well as Pulse Smoke cause I have 3 extra Ceds so why not.

She’ll be getting a different bow, just not sure what yet

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Yikes, that's kind of rich for my blood right now, even if I do dig her design quite a bit. Plus my Innes is like 4/5ths perfected by now (just need a Byleth for Ruptured Sky and enough Red Badges for Death Blow 3 on his Seal).

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

FartingBedpost posted:

I just ate a Bernadetta and gave her Push 4 and Lull Spd/Def, as well as Pulse Smoke cause I have 3 extra Ceds so why not.

She’ll be getting a different bow, just not sure what yet

I did the same since ive had a lvl 1 Bernadetta that was never going to get trained. At least now I have a potential bow cav merge project if I ever desire one.

Still kind of regret it because I already have a +6 brave lyn which doesnt get much use.

Innes on the other hand is the best investment i've ever made. Been running blade session seal on him and its hardly ever been a detriment.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

AradoBalanga posted:

The one I've opted to go for is: Devilish Bow, Swift Sparrow 3, A/D Far Trace, and Joint Drive Speed, with Glimmer holding down the special slot until I can snag another Shinon for Deadeye. Yes, that's a bit high-investment, but for as good as Leonie's stat line is, she falls into the group of units that need a complete kit overhaul to work.

Another option is to swap out the Trace skill for a Lull, probably either Lull Spd/Def, Lull Atk/Def or Lull Atk/Spd (this one's on Shinon, so you can burn someone else to get Glimmer and then grab Deadeye + Lull Atk/Spd).

Why do you necessarily need to swap out her weapon? Her default looks pretty darn great to me. Is there a way to make it work?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Why do you necessarily need to swap out her weapon? Her default looks pretty darn great to me. Is there a way to make it work?
I went with Devilish Bow because the Guard effect is very useful to have on hand. Especially with a lot of overpowered units having access to methods of special cooldown acceleration that don't require Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade nowadays.

The issue with Sunflower Bow is that it relies on facing a visible buff-heavy enemy team, so it could work in places like AR where stuff like crazy cavlines roam free. But for other modes, Sunflower Bow will lose a step because its bonuses won't activate as constantly due to either the buffs not being there, or the enemy team relying on spurs/drives/solos for stat boosts that won't activate Sunflower Bow's effects.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

I went with Devilish Bow because the Guard effect is very useful to have on hand. Especially with a lot of overpowered units having access to methods of special cooldown acceleration that don't require Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade nowadays.

The issue with Sunflower Bow is that it relies on facing a visible buff-heavy enemy team, so it could work in places like AR where stuff like crazy cavlines roam free. But for other modes, Sunflower Bow will lose a step because its bonuses won't activate as constantly due to either the buffs not being there, or the enemy team relying on spurs/drives/solos for stat boosts that won't activate Sunflower Bow's effects.

the base effect of the bow, Def+5 to you and Def-5 to opponent is just a HP check so you'll get it pretty drequently.
The weird dull/theft of bonuses is just a nice bonus.

Also IMO but buffs are all over enemy teams in various modes so it'll activate more often than you'd think

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/CannotHaveCoke/status/1407776747995664391

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I want a Garreg Mach banner ala Plegian banner with the Harmonic Hero being Jeralt and Greil.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just want my boy Iggy in the game.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What are good C skills I can inherit to Leonie and Summercedes? I'm talking general skills I can probably dig out from my immense pile of 4* combat manuals, nothing high expenditure unless it's really, really good.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What are good C skills I can inherit to Leonie and Summercedes? I'm talking general skills I can probably dig out from my immense pile of 4* combat manuals, nothing high expenditure unless it's really, really good.

It depends on what Bow you plan to inherit to her. If you plan to go with Sunflower, Def Smoke C and Spd Smoke Seal might not be a bad budget-ish option, likewise Res Smoke C and Atk Smoke Seal for Sumercie

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

And there's the +10, thanks feh pass

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

tithin posted:

And there's the +10, thanks feh pass

Nice! Not sure what to do with my splund, terrified of ruining the brazen. I should probably just relax and merge the +1 +res I have into the neutral splund for 1 more atk and spd.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

valuum posted:

Nice! Not sure what to do with my splund, terrified of ruining the brazen. I should probably just relax and merge the +1 +res I have into the neutral splund for 1 more atk and spd.

It was an easy choice for me. The Celica I had was -spd and was utterly useless as a result. Now with a +1 she can at least do her job!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Silver Falcon posted:

It was an easy choice for me. The Celica I had was -spd and was utterly useless as a result. Now with a +1 she can at least do her job!

That was my first Celica too, before i merged into +res. She needs 9+ self damage now and prf+fury3 is 11, so even if I get a +spd in the future I can safely +3.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I was planning on picking up another month of feh pass for Celica but Merric as a follow up... eh.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I like Merric's new tall hat but not enough to pay money for Merric over it or anything

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

It's me paralyzed with indecisiveness. I got both a +ATK Celica and +SPD Celica. Which one should I pick?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I would send complaints to IS en masse if I had purchased fehpass during Merric's run as a splundo. I think it would be very funny if they did get overwhelmed by complaints and subscription cancellations over it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Merric splund is fine.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

loquacius posted:

I like Merric's new tall hat but not enough to pay money for Merric over it or anything
That's the funny part. That's the hat/hood Merric has always had, even outside of FEH. His resplendant outfit just pulls it back up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In other news, it's Friday, I'm training Summer Hilda (and the Summer Mercedes I got by accident) and it's been too long since I used a good offensive razzle-dazzle staff user, enjoying it

still no second duo peony though :negative:

e: it is super weird how Summer Mercie's attack pose just kind of looks like she's falling over, and dropping her parfait

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Currently rolling with Mirror Stance, Lull Spd/Res and Joint Drive Attack on my HoF Brunnya. Seems like a pretty solid build, but should I try for a more defensive build like Lull Atk/Res and Bracing Stance?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

THERE's the second duo Peony :unsmith:

I cracked and bought one Google Play card's worth of orbs last week or so, but that and F2P orbs got me my second Peony, Hilda, Mercedes, and an accidental Dheginsea, and now I can go back into saving mode. What a relief.

Still need Fury 4 though, didn't realize how rare that skill was when I decided to start going for a Lynjaforce team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

loquacius posted:

Still need Fury 4 though, didn't realize how rare that skill was when I decided to start going for a Lynjaforce team

There's a Greil available with codes.