Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

Didn't you guys JUST get a striking scorpions plastic kit?

I dont collect space elves I'm just a sympathizer who'd like to see some models old enough to drink get revamped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Unless your flying with your army as checked luggage or carrying your army across town like Sam Porter Bridges, the foam travel cases are overkill compared to the magnets and metal tray options.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Unless your flying with your army as checked luggage or carrying your army across town like Sam Porter Bridges, the foam travel cases are overkill compared to the magnets and metal tray options.

I made my own foam carry cases with big pick and pluck sheets I bought for next to nothing. I love them because they are good for anything. I use them to take minis across town, up the road, and when I moved recently they went across Canada like that.

They are overkill, but they are all I need. I'm covered no matter the scenario.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/05/sunday-preview-feel-the-power-of-the-chaos-space-marines/

Hey guess what goes up for pre-order next weekend. :v:

Then there's also a bunch of Orks and Tau on MtO as well.

drat it, efb.

With the new Chaos Space Marines Codex coming out.
This means we're getting closer to a new one for Thousand Sons, right? :pepsi::smugwizard:

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 6, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
haha no

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

After all the tanks it was nice to have a project that went down with no fuss whatsoever over the weekend.
And I continue my streak of not painting any caucasian skin tones.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Spanish Manlove posted:

The real difficulty for me is that I'm moving halfway across the country, so it sounds like maybe the foam packaging is the right call.

ETA: also, thanks to everyone for responding!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Sterilite Stack & Carry boxes are my favorite storage/travel boxes. You can magnetize them if you want to to make them extra secure, but they fit most stuff from all armies (redemptor dreads are pretty much the max height) and because they have multiple levels, you can carry lots of infantry together. I use one as my carry case when I go to games; usually the top two levels are my army and the bottom one is full of dice, dice tray, measuring tape, etc.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I recently got a Mechi Case from Tabletop Tech. Shipping time was way too long but overall I really like it. They have a new aluminum version out, I'll probably get one for my next army.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Got the biovore to maximise chances of winning the upcoming tournament :getin:

Ill draw up a list and share it with you guys to see what is the best use of the 1000 points

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/07/2024-pricing-update/

Welp, time for another price raise for models.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lol its a good thing i got my biovore now cause this loving sucks

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

quote:

* In Sweden and Norway, the average price change will be between 8% and 14%.

gently caress

Edit: Not that unexpected though. A Leman Russ costs 40 USD here.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeeaah, I'm just going to stick to getting stuff through second hand markets.

I mostly buy paints anyway so I'm glad they didn't raise prices on those or else I would've just gone over to vallejo.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm already in the process of replacing a lot of my citadel paints with ProAcryl so I won't be buying too many GW paints outside their contrast line (which I still think is better than the competition).

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Every year people act shocked that a company raises prices more or less in step with inflation.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha, a $50 US rhino costs like $30 in Norway right now. No wonder.

GW must be the one thing they can get for less there.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Are the combat patrol rules all present within the Leviathan rule book?

I played a handful of games in 10th and then lost interest, but now a work friend is getting into the hobby and I suggested Combat Patrol as a starting point for my Space Marines and his Chaos Space Marines. However, I know Games Workshop loves to release errata, codexes, etc that all change the game going forward - do I need to seek anything out beyond the rulebook that's been sitting on my shelf?

Also, if I'm using the Ultramarines CP and he's the the Black legion, what's the next 250point break point we could move into? 750? If this goes well (actually having a friend to play with for the first time in decades), I figured we'll get together ever so often and keep buying and adding new units slowly, increasing the battle size over time.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Dang, sucks for the Sigmar players.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

AnEdgelord posted:

I'm already in the process of replacing a lot of my citadel paints with ProAcryl so I won't be buying too many GW paints outside their contrast line (which I still think is better than the competition).

The only GW paints I haven't found adequate substitutes for outside of contrast are their reds. Haven't found anything even close in quality. If I do, then no more Citadel paint. Got burned on the last few I bought already.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

SkyeAuroline posted:

The only GW paints I haven't found adequate substitutes for outside of contrast are their reds. Haven't found anything even close in quality. If I do, then no more Citadel paint. Got burned on the last few I bought already.

ProAcryl reds are amazing.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
Are Falcons/Fire Prisms discontinued? I got an email from my FLGS cancelling an order for one saying that they had been and I haven't been able to find them in stock anywhere else.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I have a decent collection of GW contrast and think I'll stick with it, but I'm also building up on Pro Acryl regular paint for when it's appropriate. What's a good thinner for running it through an airbrush? Ive been using a little dropper bottle of Vallejo's but should probably look to get something that will last longer.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Disproportionation posted:

Are Falcons/Fire Prisms discontinued? I got an email from my FLGS cancelling an order for one saying that they had been and I haven't been able to find them in stock anywhere else.

Thanks to how lovely the webstore search is I had to google fire prism to find it on the GW store, but it's listed as Temporarily out of stock.

https://www.warhammer.com/en-US/shop/Eldar-Fire-Prism

Meanwhile Falcons are in stock.
https://www.warhammer.com/en-US/shop/Eldar-Falcon

Never realised both were listed as online only though now.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

GWs site says online only and out of stock. May have to go direct through them going forward?

E: ^^ literally same.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretty sure you should be able to order Online only items via game stores without issue. I think this one has just been out of stock for too long or something.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My MTO Kommandos and Nobz came today. That was super fast! I’m gonna order Badrukk and the Stormboy this Saturday, then, since they shipped these so fast. Real nice experience after buying so many comics from 2000 AD and waiting a month for them to arrive only to be the wrong thing multiple times. Blackwell’s and GW prove that it’s actually possible for British companies to ship things in a reasonable timeframe

It’s a little frightening how they’re just loosely thrown in there - there are a shitload of metal shavings and moldlines that came off in transit - but I guess the models themselves are fine

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
Yeah I had a FP on order since about February-ish, I figured I'd just be patient, since I know GW's manufacturing is a mess rn. I'll just have to keep an eye out for them coming back in stock or check ebay or something.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Setup an email notification in that case, they tend to be reliable.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So the Ork Kommandos are super straightforward - just chunks of pewter to glue into bases in the old-fashioned way - but the Nobz are a bit less obvious. Any directions around for pewter Nobs or do I have to wing it? I'm just a giant bumbling idiot and can see myself mis-assembling them despite their comparative simplicity

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Yeah I had a FP on order since about February-ish, I figured I'd just be patient, since I know GW's manufacturing is a mess rn. I'll just have to keep an eye out for them coming back in stock or check ebay or something.

May also be a factor that the molds are old as balls.

Frog Act posted:

So the Ork Kommandos are super straightforward - just chunks of pewter to glue into bases in the old-fashioned way - but the Nobz are a bit less obvious. Any directions around for pewter Nobs or do I have to wing it? I'm just a giant bumbling idiot and can see myself mis-assembling them despite their comparative simplicity

It's all flat shoulder to arm jobs, maybe divoted for the heads and maybe torso to legs, but so long as you know how to use super glue you should be fine, these aren't intricate configurations of parts like current plastic kits.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 7, 2024

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

May also be a factor that the molds are old as balls.

It's all flat shoulder to arm jobs, maybe divoted for the heads and maybe torso to legs, but so long as you know how to use super glue you should be fine, these aren't intricate configurations of parts like current plastic kits.

Yeah I mean it's all pretty obvious, I assembled a lot of models like this when I was a kid and this format was more common, I'm just weirdly concerned I'll somehow match the wrong bits to the wrong Nob. I'll just be super careful about it

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

You're good, the weapons and heads are meant to be interchangeable.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Frog Act posted:

Yeah I mean it's all pretty obvious, I assembled a lot of models like this when I was a kid and this format was more common, I'm just weirdly concerned I'll somehow match the wrong bits to the wrong Nob. I'll just be super careful about it

There isn't really a wrong way to assemble these old kits. It's all just heads, torsos, and arms. Iirc from assembling that nob kit decades ago, all the arms fit all the bodies and you just mix and match as you like.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

That's fun I had forgotten there were kits like that, where it's mostly up to you - that being said some of the bits are less obvious than I'm use to, like the magazines not attached to any particular gun, the pole with heads, etc

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/07/what-can-the-new-codex-chaos-space-marines-detachments-do-for-you/

quote:

Dear Warhammer Community, my pathetic mortal Cultists are an embarrassment at the war council and the other Chaos Lords laugh at me. How do I make them better?

Chaos Marine detachments is what is on the table in this codex preview.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

WOW Iron warriors got a really big buff this edition

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

What did they get?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
A real stinky enhancement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

That's fun I had forgotten there were kits like that, where it's mostly up to you - that being said some of the bits are less obvious than I'm use to, like the magazines not attached to any particular gun, the pole with heads, etc

They were also hand sculpted and not precise enough that you could pretty much bodge anything you wanted to fit since there were always gaps to fill and pins to drill.

You did pin your models didn't you?