Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I went to the start of the playlist this is filed under and now I'm listening to Mikuru teach me game mechanics, send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

This is a great post. Lucky Star owns.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

You have to like Konata's smugface.

Amagi Brilliant Park trip report: I enjoyed watching this although it was by no means a great show. I liked the character designs and animation, and I'm apparently a big fan of business anime, but I think it would've been better off if the magical aspects simply weren't there. Also I would like to see more of samurai dolphin.

One thing I really didn't like was the "hey lady characters please sexualize yourselves to sell tickets" plotline early on. They were on board I guess but it still seemed icky.

I would give the show a B letter grade.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://yusaani.com/animation/2016/01/11/253208/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The animators at Kyoto Animation have lost their way.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

lol

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

In Training posted:

The animators at Kyoto Animation have lost their way.

They have merely returned to their Full Metal Panic roots.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

I don't even know how I feel about this lol

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't remember who it was who answered "there's no way KyoAni would make an ecchi show" when I said I hoped Phantom World wouldn't be one, but uh:

:v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

now let the band girls kiss, kyoani.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I can't remember who it was who answered "there's no way KyoAni would make an ecchi show" when I said I hoped Phantom World wouldn't be one, but uh:

:v:

theyve made like 4 already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah Haruhi has ecchi moments

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

https://a.pomf.cat/wiyzrv.webm

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol Ishihara is a man of many sides

anyone watching this show/think it's any good?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zas posted:

lol Ishihara is a man of many sides

It's OK. Better than BtB so far, though that's not saying much. I plan to keep watching it for now.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ep 1 was okayish, ep 2 a bore

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape
I figured the singing girl would be a lot better, and not just a low-rent and tsundere version of a reyvateil/symphogear.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

a kitten posted:

now let the band girls kiss, kyoani.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

ep 1 was okayish, ep 2 a bore

I found episode 2 funny and good.

Zas posted:

It's well-animated and has a pretty likeable MC and some funny moments but it feels very LN adaptation. It has a lot of baps, if that's your thing.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

webm

http://puu.sh/bXHMR.webm

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

whoa holy poo poo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I found episode 2 funny and good.

It's well-animated and has a pretty likeable MC and some funny moments but it feels very LN adaptation. It has a lot of baps, if that's your thing.

Ruru is super likeable, yes.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

that looks really cool

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

that is the best goddamn hair that has ever been posted on this forum

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

we've finally caught up to 4chan

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this is sick

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I love animated not-guns.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I think this is the only scene in the movie where I like freeman just as much as sugita

https://a.pomf.cat/jpvobw.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/ohnkhk.webm

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Getting back into Hyouka after a bit of a break. Up to Episode 14, this show's still real good. Between this and the more restrained parts of Haruhi, Kyoani really has a knack for making the mundane seem warm and friendly (thanks in no small part to their consistently excellent use of color) in a way that I find really theraputic.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hyouka stays good until the end, although the final episode might leave you swearing at your monitor.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Hyouka stays good until the end, although the final episode might leave you swearing at your monitor.

It was perfect. :colbert:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Daedalus1134 posted:

It was perfect. :colbert:

I didn't say it wasn't. :v:

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i don't know that i would describe the mundane aspects of haruhi as warm and friendly -- they're often used to be intentionally alienating if not downright disturbing, especially in endless eight

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Radio Spiricom posted:

i don't know that i would describe the mundane aspects of haruhi as warm and friendly -- they're often used to be intentionally alienating if not downright disturbing, especially in endless eight

Depends on the scene. You're certainly right about, say, most of the downer scenes in the second part of Disappearance, but I don't think we're meant to feel terribly alienated during, say, the Christmas Party, or when Kyon's heading to the classroom at the end of the movie, and those are fairly mundane moments. Kyon's conversation with Yuki on the roof is also fairly light on the supernatural fare, and while 'friendly' might not be the right word, I'd certainly say 'warm' is appropriate.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya9WIc_ECGE&t=60s

merveilleux

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Depends on the scene. You're certainly right about, say, most of the downer scenes in the second part of Disappearance, but I don't think we're meant to feel terribly alienated during, say, the Christmas Party, or when Kyon's heading to the classroom at the end of the movie, and those are fairly mundane moments. Kyon's conversation with Yuki on the roof is also fairly light on the supernatural fare, and while 'friendly' might not be the right word, I'd certainly say 'warm' is appropriate.

I'd agree, and I alway like how they pivot the comforting into the frightening. The coziest moments (Island vacation, EE1, Christmas party) turn into the most frightening developments (the rewritten murder, the rest of EE, all of disappearance). Coziness triggers a backlash against complacency, it's a neat balance

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Coziness triggers a backlash against complacency, it's a neat balance

if only the kyoani business plan was more like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
happy valentines day to all my fav k-on girls

Stalin-Chan fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 14, 2016

• Locked thread