Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Phelddagrif posted:

I should point out that you don't HAVE to open the door ASAP. The goal is to kill 15 enemies, and it might be easier and safer (though, more boring) to take down a steady stream of normal guards, rather than hunting for whatever unknown enemies might be waiting for you in the other rooms.

Not to dissuade anyone - just pointing out the possibility!

I've played this scenario multiple times with different groups and we always did it this way and never had any major problems. It's really :munch: to me to see this group doing something different. I'm hoping to learn something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Inox Encampment Round 3B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

None!

Start of Round actions posted:

Inox Guard 3(s) spawns in D1!

15. Inox Guard 1(s), 3(s), 4, 5(s), 6 posted:

- Inox Guard 1(s) focuses Bullwinkle! Gains SHIELD1. Attacks Bullwinkle for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage.
Bullwinkle is at 3 HP and is POISONED!
- Inox Guard 3(s) focuses Bullwinkle! Gains SHIELD1.
- Inox Guard 4 focuses Rocky! Gains SHIELD1. Attacks Rocky for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage.
Rocky is at 3 HP and is POISONED!
- Inox Guard 5(s) focuses Bullwinkle! Gains SHIELD1.
- Inox Guard 6 focuses Master Splinter! Gains SHIELD1.

Well this is definitely not good for our party! The positive streak for the Monsters attack modifier deck continues.

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot)! Jumps 4 to E4.
- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (top)! Attacks Inox Archer 2 for 3 (2base, -1mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Archer 2 is killed!
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.

Zulily Zoetrope, your original order was to move to F4, but that's the hex Bullwinkle is in...I assumed you meant E4? The font I've used for the lettering makes E and F look very similar, unfortunately. I'll try to get an higher resolution "tile with coordinates" next time, not sure why there was that much quality loss in the process (if you look closely, you can spot the border of the smaller rectangular tile - the one with the coordinates on it, that I had to create for this - on top of the regular room tile.)

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (bot)! Moves 2 to G5. Bullwinkle suffers 1 damage.
Bullwinkle is at 2 HP and is POISONED!

- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (top)! Attacks Inox Guard 1 for 2 (2base, +1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Guard 1 is at 4 HP and is IMMOBILIZED.
EARTH is now strong.

Narsham your movement order was invalid: "Move 2 to G5, dealing no damage and putting Earth to strong at EoT" but you can't ignore effects that when performed will (not may) reduce hit points, lose cards, or apply a negative condition to yourself or an ally. You could avoid the damage to Bullwinkle if you use a basic MOVE2 instead of the action on the card, but at that point EARTH will not be strong; or you can leave things as they are. Please let me know which option you prefer! Not sure why the initiative order got scrambled, Bullwinkle has 27 and Rocky has 29 so no damage done!

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Grab and Go (bot)! Moves 3 to G2
- Bullwinkle uses Spare Dagger (top)! Attacks Inox Guard 1 for 2 (3base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Guard 1 is at 2 HP and is IMMOBILIZED.

Guard 1 survives with 2HP, but at least he's IMMOBILIZED for the following Round; SHIELD is very effective against multiple average or low damage attacks.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Scenario Objective: 5/15
- EARTH is now waning.

This is going to be a close one! :suspense:
Active players, since D1 is occupied, please let me know which hex you want the new Inox Guard to spawn into! Also Narsham please let me know if you want to lose EARTH but avoid the damage on Bullwinkle or not. Finally, if anyone wants to, please let me know which cards you want to lose to prevent damage from an attack, if any!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 1, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Doesn't Rocky move after Bullwinkle, meaning no friendly fire?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

Doesn't Rocky move after Bullwinkle, meaning no friendly fire?

Whops! You are completely right, not sure why I have the order for the 2 characters inverted, I'll have to double check the spreadsheet cause, ofc, 27<29. Nothing else should change aside from 1 less damage on Bullwinkle.

EDIT: fixed. By the way, apologies for all the little inconsistencies and mistakes, this game has a lot of admin work when you have to record the activity and map down everything on your own and if I want to keep the ball rolling and update once/day I only have a limited amount of time for double checking everything.
I'd rather keep going at this pace - mistakes and all - than slowing down the update cycle though, but please let me know if you'd prefer the other alternative :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Feb 1, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
No need to slow it down. If every other turn isn't spent debating rules and correcting minor mistakes, it's not the real Gloomhaven experience.

I think we'd prefer the guard to spawn in C1, given the choice.

That Italian Guy posted:

Zulily Zoetrope, your original order was to move to F4, but that's the hex Bullwinkle is in...I assumed you meant E4? The font I've used for the lettering makes E and F look very similar, unfortunately. I'll try to get an higher resolution "tile with coordinates" next time, not sure why there was that much quality loss in the process (if you look closely, you can spot the border of the smaller rectangular tile - the one with the coordinates on it, that I had to create for this - on top of the regular room tile.)

Yeah, sorry, that's my bad. It wasn't even the font's fault, because I deduced I wanted the tile next to D4. I'm just worse at the alphabet than I thought.

E: Oh, also I was quite drunk when I sent that PM. Might be a pertinent detail.

Bullwinkle, Rocky, what's your healing situation? The Mindthief gets exactly one card that can heal others, and that's at level 3 and competing against a very solid card, so she's not exactly a team player on that front. I think I'll pop open the door and sit on it until we're ready to move on. I can get nice and cozy in there for six turns if need be, so if you survive this, we should be home free. There'll be time for a long rest and everything.

I'm trying to visualize the room, but as far as I can tell only a single range 4 enemy (and two range 5s?) would have a line of sight to Bullwinkle. I don't know about the elite archers, but everything else we've seen has been range 3, so they'd have to draw a +range card and be near the door to be able to target him.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 1, 2019

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Bullwinkle has zero healing, sadly. There's one card, but it's not in my deck this mission.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Rocky hit her with Earthen Clod before your attack.

And that's... not very much healing, no.

Okay, I've got a pair of cards I can play which will allow me to either open the door or get between Bullwinkle and the mobile guards, and I'll pick what to do when we've drawn the monster AI cards.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Is it just me or did Master Splinter forget to stamina potion a move 4 card back from the discards?

E: nvm you have ways of getting 4 movement total

Omobono fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 1, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
OK, the guard deck just reshuffled and with Splinter invisible this turn, they have a 50% chance they can't attack either Rocky or Bullwinkle. The Move 2/Move 3 cards and their Move 1/Range 2 attack can hit us. I am tempted to suggest that Bullwinkle long rest to get rid of the poison. If the 50% bad stuff happens, I will short rest to get my healing back; otherwise, I can probably proceed with a disarm, though it will be slow.

I will block F4 (if possible) and F5 this turn, making my current spot fairly safe (again, unless the guards get their ranged attack). I have plenty of cards to lose to damage if the worst happens. If I have to lock myself in becaus a guard is in F4, I can jump out after a short rest. (F5 will be clear via push.)

My healing is all range 3, so Bullwinkle is in reach.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Aye, worth a shot, otherwise I'm going to start hemorrhaging cards shortly. Sounds like a plan.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 4A

None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Ripley's orders were, and I quote "Long Rest, cross fingers, pray to Inox gods"...and it looks like they may have worked? Now we know which Inox their gods prefer, I guess. It's probably something like this:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and Submissive Affliction.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE3 - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

"SUBMISSIVE AFFLICTION (48) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - Add +ATK1 for each negative condition on the target - XP1
BOT: Force one enemy within Range5 to perform ATK2 (Range0) targeting another enemy with you controlling the action."
Rocky (Hand7, Discarded4, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 61 with Crater and Avalanche.

61. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

code:
"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"

"AVALANCHE (75) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, PBAOE (check image), Consume EARTH: +1ATK, XP1 - XP1 - LOSS
BOT: Create two single-hex obstacles in empty hexes adjacent to you - Generate EARTH"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded6, Active0, Lost0) is taking a Long Rest!

99. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

Bullwinkle will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 2, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Felicitous! I'll put an end to the guard spawning, then.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What's the current kill tally? 5?
With the 6 guards on board a 4 enemy room would provide for all the required targets.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
OK, next turn planning:
The fastest the guards can go and attack is on 30. Bullwinkle can beat that. Barring a miss, he can kill the injured guard nearest to us. 4&6 will have to go the long way to reach us. 2, spawning in at C1, will be blocked by 3. 1 is immoble. I can use a push 2 on guard 5 to shove him through that bramble into B3, which means he'll end in C4. That makes guards 1&3 the only ones nearby next turn, and 1 is dead next turn before acting.

With rocks in F4 and F5, Bullwinkle could shift to G4 if necessary to minimize his risk. Splinter could move into F2 if that's needed to keep guard 3 from attacking Bullwinkle. I am leaning toward a long rest next turn to get both my items and my healing back; if the turn after next isn't too threatening, I could heal 4 Bullwinkle and heal 2 myself. This is obviously contingent on what the enemies inside the next room are up to. But my other good options are all AoEs and I'm not going to have good targets for them.

My fast heal card is init 29, so the turn after Rocky's rest is a good go-slower turn.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 4B

None!

Start of the Round actions posted:

Inox Guard 2(s) spawns in C1!

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves 3 to E1. Attacks Inox Guard 3(s) for 5 (1base, +2mod +2bonus) damage!
Inox Guard 3(s) is at 3 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Submissive Affliction (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves 1 to door 1 hex.
Master Splinter activates Cloak of Invisibility! Gains INVISIBLE.
Master Splinter uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Scurry and Withering Claw. SPENT!

When opening door 1 posted:

You push your way into the back cave only to be faced with a half-dozen crying, screaming Inox children. You have little opportunity to contemplate the implications of this development, however, as you find yourself also staring down the bows of several Inox archers. Your only option is to continue fighting.
Scenario Special Rule: spawning in hex a stops!

Inox Shaman 1 revealed!
Inox Archer 5(E) revealed!
Treasure Tile 65 revealed!

:stonkhat:
If it wasn't clear enough already, we have been murdering random indigenous people at the behest of a rich merchant that (most likely) dabbles in Necromancy! For gold! Mercenaries!

56. Inox Archer 5(E) posted:

- Inox Archer 5(E) focuses Bullwinkle!

It is fairly fortunate for our heroes that the Archer has pulled a no MOVE card, otherwise with a Range of 4 it would have had LOS on Bullwinkle's poisoned-with-3-HP-prayer-session, by stepping over the Trap tile in B9(1). It really seems the Inox gods do have favorites...

61. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

- Rocky uses Crater (top)! Consumes EARTH! Gains 1 XP. Attacks Inox Guard 5(s) for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage! Inox Guard 5(s) is PUSHED2 to B2 through hex C1! Takes 1 hazardous terrain damage in hex C1!
Inox Guard 5(s) is at 3 HP.
- Rocky uses Avalanche (bot)! Created 2 single hex obstacles in hex F4 and F5!
EARTH is now strong.

Hazardous terrain is a special type of hex that causes half Trap damage (rounded down) to whoever enters it. An interesting perk of the monsters AI: monsters consider hexes with hazardous terrain (or Traps) to be obstacles when calculating focus unless that path is the only one available to reach their focus, given infinite movement. In this case, the Guards can reach Rocky by going the long route, so they won't try to reach our rockman by stepping onto the brambles in G6. Tactics!

70. Inox Guard 1 posted:

- Inox Guard 1(s) focuses Rocky! Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
- Inox Guard 2(s) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to D1! Tries to MOVE1, no valid hex!
- Inox Guard 3(s) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to E1!
- Inox Guard 4 focuses Rocky! Moves 1 to C6!
- Inox Guard 5(s) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to C2!
- Inox Guard 6 focuses Rocky! Moves 1 to C7!

EDIT: Guard 2 is actually standing in C1. The correct position is displayed in the screenshot at the end of the update.
I've swapped out the spawn tokens on the Guards since we don't really need to keep track of the order they've spawned in and the previous tokens had numbers on them, potentially causing confusion. Active players please let me know if you'd prefer Guard 3 to move to E2 instead of E1!

74. Inox Shaman 1 posted:

- Inox Shaman 1 focuses Bullwinkle!

99. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

-Bullwinkle executes a Long Rest! Recovers all discarded cards, loses Sweeping Blow. Self HEAL 2HP to remove POISON token! No HP gained. Refreshes Boots of Striding and Hide Armor.

If you are POISONED (or WOUNDED) and you try to heal, you'll only get rid of the negative status (or both, if you have both); you won't actually gain any HP back until the status has been removed.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Scenario Objective: 5/15
- EARTH is now waning.

EDIT: I have rectified Guard 2's position. He's stading in C1 since there it moves before Guard 3. The spawning has stopped, but so has the killing! Both Bullwinkle and Rocky are still very close to being struck down.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Feb 3, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

That Italian Guy posted:

If you are POISONED (or WOUNDED) and you try to heal, you'll only get rid of the negative status (or both, if you have both); you won't actually gain any HP back until the status has been removed.

Slight correction - you still heal the normal amount if you are just Wounded and not Poisoned.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Are we the baddies?

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
OK. There's a single guard action (init 30, move +1, attack -1) that could cause trouble. If I long rest and somebody kills the 2 hp guard, Bullwinkle will be safe in G4 and I can apply up to Heal 6 to him on the following turn. Blocking G4 also forces the guards focusing on me to turn around and head for that hazardous terrain; Bullwinkle can then vacate G4 the following turn and they will switch directions again.

The archer we want to force through one of the traps if possible. Because of the movement difference between archer and shaman, we can probably get them to split up and whoever goes in for that treasure can manage the shaman then. If Rocky takes another rest cycle before we open another door for more targets, we can probably heal up to full. If my count is correct, we only need to find one more victim to win.

Keep in mind the init 15 shield/retaliate card. It's probably only a big deal for Bullwinkle, but it might justify using the dagger before moving.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Slaan posted:

Are we the baddies?

Yes. This scenario is loving horrific

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Slaan posted:

Are we the baddies?

Yes.

Yes we are.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Then praise Asherah, start the BBQ and let's feast :getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sorry, I thought this game was called Gloomhaven, not Drakenhaven and/or Nier Gloom. Did I read the name wrong?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Doomgraven

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Hey, can I pick different cards to have recovered via the stamina potion? I kinda made the call based on the expectation that I'd be blocking the door, and technically you don't have to declare it until the end of your turn.

Depending on the cards I'm allowed and the enemy AI, I'll either join the fray and draw out the archer, or if you guys can handle the weakened guards, I'll run interference and slow down the archer and fresh guards.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Sorry, I thought this game was called Gloomhaven, not Drakenhaven and/or Nier Gloom. Did I read the name wrong?

If we manage to win this mission, we will be able to decide where we stand regarding this stuff. To be fair, we already knew that Jekserah wasn't going to win any awards in the morality department, since the first job we've done fore her has been to recover some scrolls that just happened to have necromantic stuff on them. OTOH, it's surprisingly easy not to pick up the details in the fluff, since the start of the campaign is otherwise the most generic fantasy trope ever (the party is approached in an inn by a merchant who wants them to retrieve stolen stuff and "protect" her caravans, for crying out loud :) )

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 3, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Well, to be fair, the best defense is a good offense

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Hey, can I pick different cards to have recovered via the stamina potion? I kinda made the call based on the expectation that I'd be blocking the door, and technically you don't have to declare it until the end of your turn.

Go for it! Let me know what you pick and we'll switch. You would have been able to pick after opening the door in regular play anyway :)

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Yes. This scenario is loving horrific

Acting as Jekserah's PMC to go raze a village, all in day's work... :(

Narsham posted:

Blocking G4 also forces the guards focusing on me to turn around and head for that hazardous terrain; Bullwinkle can then vacate G4 the following turn and they will switch directions again.

This is a fun/evil strategy, poor guards.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Narsham posted:

Blocking G4 also forces the guards focusing on me to turn around and head for that hazardous terrain; Bullwinkle can then vacate G4 the following turn and they will switch directions again.

I don't think this works. Enemies ignore paths going through hazards when determining focus if there's non-hazardous paths available, so they would simply focus Bullwinkle.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Yeah, if Bullwinkle got in to G4 and then the other guards filled in F3 and G3, only then would they focus Rocky and go through the terrain since Splinter is invisible.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Omobono posted:

I don't think this works. Enemies ignore paths going through hazards when determining focus if there's non-hazardous paths available, so they would simply focus Bullwinkle.

OK, that's right based on the example on Page 31 (Tinkerer is closer than Brute but only can be reached through traps). I remembered the words of "one of these hexes as the only way that can focus on a target" to be for each target, but it's for ANY target at all.

Those guards still have a long way to go.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 5A

Zulily Zoetrope has had a change of mind! Master Splinter's Minor Stamina Potion has been used to recover Fearsome Blade and Feedback Loop.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Well, the Archer is going Han Solo on Bullwinkle's rear end and will shoot first; but our Brute has his armor back. That said, it's going to be kill or be killed forced to lose cards for our party this Round!
"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Bullwinkle (Hand9, Discarded0, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 27 with Spare Dagger and Trample.

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

code:
"SPARE DAGGER (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - XP1
BOT: ATK2"

"TRAMPLE (72) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PIERCE2
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - ATK2 (Target all enemies moved through) - XP2 - LOSS"
Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 27 with Fearsome Blade and Feedback Loop.

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"

"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."
Rocky (Hand5, Discarded6, Active0, Lost0) is taking a Long Rest!

99. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

Rocky will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP lose the POISON token and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 4, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Bullwinkle :ohdear:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well, I wasn't counting on the archer to act quite so fast, but bright side, I can totally kill him dead afterwards.

I plan to enter the hut, kill the archer, and lure some guards in there to send them on a merry goose chase, but I think I'll only be able to draw the focus of Guard 2.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hazards. Only the shaman will focus you if you're behind them.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

Hazards. Only the shaman will focus you if you're behind them.

I believe Zulily Zoetrope is banking on the Archer to step on one of the Trap tiles to be able to shoot at Bullwinkle. That'll leave a safe path for Guards at a later initiative to step onto if they want to focus someone inside the new room.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The Archer is going to trigger a trap to attack Bullwinkle, plus however many it will take to kill him.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well, I wasn't counting on the archer to act quite so fast, but bright side, I can totally kill him dead afterwards.

I plan to enter the hut, kill the archer, and lure some guards in there to send them on a merry goose chase, but I think I'll only be able to draw the focus of Guard 2.

That sounds good. Next turn I will drop my full Heal 6 on Bullwinkle so he can keep stabbing, and then provide ranged support until our next rest.

We're at no risk of exhaustion from cards, so if necessary I can take a hit or two to pull heat from Bullwinkle. (But I'm more likely to immobilize a guard or two.)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Right, those are traps, not permanent terrain.

Carry on then.

E: how much damage is a trap currently?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Scenario level 1 traps hit for 3 damage and hazardous terrain for 1.