Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

facetoucher cat posted:

E: I socially distanced and went camping and saw this perfect mushroom

Nature is healing, we are the disease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

oxsnard posted:

The rich family in that movie is dumb as hell though

they're not really dumb. they're just naive and trusting bc they can afford to be so while the poor gotta hustle to survive

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Give retail employees guns.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/amazonnews/status/1269710916729405441?s=20

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
300,00—400,000 people are expected to return to work in NYC on Monday

riding the subway, crowding the coffee cart, sharing the bathroom.

the city was doing pretty good. another month or so and maybe we'd have gotten cases actually low enough to send people back to work.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Amazon . . . good? No, that can't be right.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

edit: pretend I had a huge emotional breakdown post here.

Nice meltdown.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

err posted:

Nature is healing, we are the disease

Crowds of Sunday morning chicks going out fir unlimited mimosa has returned to central florida

Nature is healing

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nice meltdown.

Thanks!

Pueblo /ˈpwɛbloʊ/ is a home rule municipality that is the county seat and the most populous city of Pueblo County, Colorado, United States.[2] Estimate (2019)[8] 112,361

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

what do you call the person who graduated at the bottom of their medical course?

but seriously ben carson is a renowned brain surgeon, being a nurse/medic/doctor/emt/whatever doesn't mean you're not dumb in other ways

you may be surprised how many antivax/essential oil nurses there are out there

I work with transplant physicians and surgeons. Some of the surgeons don't even understand how to use their email.

Also as a biostatistician there are always MDs that think because they are an MD they can understand what I do. It's like ok do it yourself then lmao

"you just push a few buttons" - a real surgeon

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

this pisses me off beyond words

but i think it's true: customers now are loving worse than ever. my coworkers have told me so many horrific stories since reopening. they have gotten sworn at, there's been racist bullshit, yelling. I'm surprised no one has been assaulted yet.

in short,

Mr Hootington posted:

Give retail employees guns.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Facebook Aunt posted:

Amazon . . . good? No, that can't be right.

Amazon does whatever brings it new customers and shuts out competitors.

They can easily eat the cost of arranging delivery during a time like this, and that way the people being delivered to always think "Amazon" when they need to buy something and can't leave the house. Given they're seniors, the odds are pretty high they haven't switched to online shopping yet, and they will increasingly need to order things online in the coming decades.

Yeah, I know. Smart business practices seem like benevolence because there's neither malice nor incompetence baked in to their actions. Well, malice towards the customers anyway.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
it’s literal corporate propaganda

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

snoo posted:

this pisses me off beyond words

but i think it's true: customers now are loving worse than ever. my coworkers have told me so many horrific stories since reopening. they have gotten sworn at, there's been racist bullshit, yelling. I'm surprised no one has been assaulted yet.

in short,

Pretend I posted the tweet about coronavirus being the blacklight in the cum-stained hotel room that is america

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Amazon undeniably has a few million dollars per year in legit good public work projects. It just doesn't quite make up for the other hundred billion a year is harm they do, which is a pretty common corporate story. "Here are the PR projects that we used .00001% of our profit for" basically.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

fosborb posted:

fragile dapperling!

If you know mushrooms n the sort do you know what this is?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

facetoucher cat posted:

Use the seek app there's a good chance it can ID these

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

COVID-420 posted:

300,00—400,000 people are expected to return to work in NYC on Monday

riding the subway, crowding the coffee cart, sharing the bathroom.

the city was doing pretty good. another month or so and maybe we'd have gotten cases actually low enough to send people back to work.

*Ron Howard voice* It wasn't going to happen anyway, since 70-80% of people in NYC are loving idiots that can't wear a mask while walking around and spread the 'Roni.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

that's a Trumpshroom

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

It looks to be a bracket mushroom of some sort. Sometimes they grow into a spiral depending on what they're on.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fibonacci trumpshroom

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Scarodactyl posted:

It looks to be a bracket mushroom of some sort. Sometimes they grow into a spiral depending on what they're on.

looks like they’re on mushrooms, man.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

facetoucher cat posted:

wow what a cool pic

its proooobably a trametes sp but theres a ton of variation and i guess sometimes you have to get out a microscope and examine the spores to rlly know

the cool part is that spiral growth pattern which is def unusual

im not a pro i only kno enough to forage a handful of my faves so thats all prob wrong

i got some spring flush oysters this yr & if im here until fall ill go insane but also get a lot of great stuff

e: oh right openerup

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

mods rename to mushroom thread covid over

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facetoucher cat posted:

this is clearly a cinnamon bun

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

SKULL.GIF posted:

so you had stupid students. does that make nurses stupid?

Tbf I've had a nurse tell me nursing is braindead easy. All you do is iv pump jockey. Pharmacy just sends you the meds all done up and you hang it. You force your cna minions to do all the grunt bullshit like vitals and bathing.

I dunno, my job is super piss easy, just push button. I actually get in trouble if I try to have critical thought.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

facetoucher cat posted:

how does it taste

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Asproigerosis posted:

Tbf I've had a nurse tell me nursing is braindead easy. All you do is iv pump jockey. Pharmacy just sends you the meds all done up and you hang it. You force your cna minions to do all the grunt bullshit like vitals and bathing.

I dunno, my job is super piss easy, just push button. I actually get in trouble if I try to have critical thought.

from experience, finding a vein is quite apparently a skill beyond simply pushing a button

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Pretty interesting considering how much nurses act as physician replacements nowadays.

I put together metrics about healthcare quality and I'm doing a bunch of opioid measures at the moment. Everyone is on opioids.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

give me the opioids

I don’t know if I’ll survive this without them

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Asproigerosis posted:

Might depend on what type of nurse, what hospital etc. Like any career, there are going to be jobs where you phone it in.

I can guarantee you NICU nurses do not have an easy job. They’re hardcore.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
There are so many cool apps for nature stuff. I come across the most amazing things when I'm out there in the middle of nowhere avoiding "reality"

We heard so many more gunshots than normal where we were, just people target practicing. I'd say it was surprising but it's not. There was also a chuck-will's-widow that called from 8pm to 5am about 100ft from our tent trying to get its hump on so that was special. I learned from you all how to identify that one

I'm wondering if part of the reason Georgia coronavirus rates haven't spiked is because people here are outside often and do outdoor activities this time of year or just recently in the past?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We passed 2 million cases confirmed in the USA today. :zpatriot:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

facetoucher cat posted:

Oh for fucks sake, Uzumaki is canon?!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

We passed 2 million cases confirmed in the USA today. :zpatriot:

Nice Job Team!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycXvMBsDQ2A

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

facetoucher cat posted:

I'm wondering if part of the reason Georgia coronavirus rates haven't spiked is because people here are outside often and do outdoor activities this time of year or just recently in the past?

i've lived many places and georgia is one of the least outdoorsy places i've ever lived.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rauros posted:

i've lived many places and georgia is one of the least outdoorsy places i've ever lived.

Hrm, I was thinking outside eating and drinking

E: and other outdoor activities like farmers markets and sitting around for a BBQ

EE: really? Everyone I know who moves here from other places demands to stay inside but maybe they hate the weather and it's more outdoors oriented than the friends I kept in Southern California

facetoucher cat has issued a correction as of 00:30 on Jun 8, 2020

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

i think we have different definitions for outdoorsy. i meant outdoor recreation in public lands. once you get away from the looky-loo short distance waterfall hikes, there is nobody. everyone hides inside with their a/c in athens, so that's been my georgia experience. i visited a friend in gainesville before the lockdowns, and i was shocked by how many people were outside embracing the heat, and i was reminded what a normal college town should be like.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Rauros posted:

i think we have different definitions for outdoorsy. i meant outdoor recreation in public lands. once you get away from the looky-loo short distance waterfall hikes, there is nobody. everyone hides inside with their a/c in athens, so that's been my georgia experience. i visited a friend in gainesville before the lockdowns, and i was shocked by how many people were outside embracing the heat, and i was reminded what a normal college town should be like.

Yeah I agree that I should have clarified that one and my terminology wasn't the best. To be very honest I don't mind that being the case because they'll leave me alone when I'm backcountry

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

yeah, having the secret trails all to myself for running in athens has been a boon for my social distancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/business/status/1268260183916122113

Lmao