Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nowthatyouasked
Oct 30, 2016

Tom Swift Jr. posted:

Gearing up for cross-country plane trip. What Kindle Fire apps do you like? Kiddo is 2 1/2.

We just moved across country with a 2 1/2 year old and a Kindle fire. Her favorites are the Monkey Preschool series (lunchbox, math school, explorers, fix-it and a few others) and the Dr. Panda series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
So solids have done what nothing else could: get my 4mo old to not puke. he still pukes every time i give him formula, but he will wolf down pureed vegetables. i kept trying to stop feeding him and he kept opening wide and reaching for the spoon until he polished off a whole jar of food

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Try a bottle with a slower nipple, we supplemented breastmilk with formula early on and he would consistently overeat to the point of regurgitation, we concluded, because the bottle was giving much more freely than the breast.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

kaschei posted:

Try a bottle with a slower nipple, we supplemented breastmilk with formula early on and he would consistently overeat to the point of regurgitation, we concluded, because the bottle was giving much more freely than the breast.

In addition to the spit up issues, my son decided that breastfeeding was too much work.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Slower nipple doesnt work. Hes on the AR formula and he gets super frustrated because of how hard it is to get out of the slow flow. The slow flow did jack anyway. He has bad reflux issues, and solids are working miracles.

nyerf
Feb 12, 2010

An elephant never forgets...TO KILL!
Our kiddo went through a phase between 2 and 5 months where she'd puke on the regular, and particularly earlier on it was nigh constant and copious. Things improved once we got her tongue and lip ties fixed(ties can lead to swallowing air during either breastfeeding/bottle feeding supposedly causes a lot of reflux-esque symptoms, and can overly tire the child during feeding), in combination with her esophageal sphincter maturing with age, and these days (almost 7 months now) she rarely brings up anything. I've got a drawer bursting with bibs I thought we'd never see the end of and now I hardly ever reach for them.

We read somewhere that virtually all babies have a spewing/posseting phase due to normal esophageal sphincter immaturity, but if the kid is making normal amounts of wet diapers and isn't projectile-hitting-the-wall vomitting and is otherwise content and growing then don't worry.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

AA is for Quitters posted:

So solids have done what nothing else could: get my 4mo old to not puke. he still pukes every time i give him formula, but he will wolf down pureed vegetables. i kept trying to stop feeding him and he kept opening wide and reaching for the spoon until he polished off a whole jar of food

If he's anything like ours was around that time he could just be straight up refluxy. I'd always beat myself up that he'd keep barfing up his formula after he'd finished the bottle, things did gradually level out and get better and we actually found out he has Infantile Laryngomalacia which explains the puke (and funny noises he would make).

At one point we did try some anti-reflux forumula which worked for a couple days, then he got a loving awful case of constipation so we stopped right away. By the time we started weaning him on food it took a good amount of trying and patience, but it got to the point he would love certain puree pouches which he'd take your arm off to scarf down.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Have you ruled out a cow's milk allergy?

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Haystack posted:

Have you ruled out a cow's milk allergy?

soy made him puke even worse AND constipated him and his doc said try solids over a hypoallergenic formula. Zantac is helping him not be as fussy after meals. Doc says its pretty much a textbook case of GERD. (pain after eating, coughing and hicupping after a bottle, projectile puke after every bottle.) So solids are helping a lot coz theyre more...solid. And he loves them. He just gets the biggest grin on his face.

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011

soy made him puke even worse AND constipated him and his doc said try solids over a hypoallergenic formula. Zantac is helping him not be as fussy after meals. Doc says its pretty much a textbook case of GERD. (pain after eating, coughing and hicupping after a bottle, projectile puke after every bottle.) So solids are helping a lot coz theyre more...solid. And he loves them. He just gets the biggest grin on his face.

Soy can cause the same issues as cow milks as well. Currently going through the same with our second and the advice has been to cut out all dairy and soy products (wife is combi feeding) to see if its an intolerance to either product.

We got the special amino acid based formula for her topup bottle on a night and it actually made things worse in terms of her sleeping and stuff. Now we've knocked it on the head shes reverted back to a more "normal" routine of feeding every 2-3 hours, rather than every hour to half an hour.

All this while our usually well behaved four year old develops a major case of tantrum throwing after starting school (although we think thats also a result of dairy intolerance as it can have that affect in older kids). The joys of children eh?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

How did pre-modern humans survive?

Edit: I joke with my husband about that. Did 3 year olds throw tantrums over not wanting to forge for berries that day and over eating mastodon again?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Apparently my wife has a far worse potty mouth than I do when it comes to road rage.

I'm walking through the grocery store with my 3 year old, it's payday, she's riding in a car shaped shopping cart. As we round a corner into the next aisle, one full of people, she proceeds to slam on the fake horn in the cart and shout, "BEEP BEEP! OUT OF THE WAY FUCKERS!"

It also looks as if the 3 year old may be developing asthma. Does anyone have experience with asthma or asthma like symptoms in kids this young? She woke up crying the other night, sounded like whooping cough almost, then got raspy. We sat with her in the bathroom with a hot shower running and hit her with an albuterol (I think?) inhaler that was prescribed last winter when we took her in for similar issues.

She's off to see her primary in a few days but we believe its asthma.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

New pet peeve: doctor's office employees who lie to children.

I took my 19-month-old and my 4.5-year-old in for flu shots, and on the way I said, "If they have them, you'll just get the flu mist, which will feel gross but not hurt." So we marched up to the counter and Andrew announced, "I'm here for flu mist!" The receptionist said, "They didn't make them this year," to me, and I said, "Okay, flu shots for all, then," and of course Andrew said, "But I don't want a flu shot!"

Alas, the receptionist replied, "You're not getting a flu shot, just some muscle juice to give you big muscles."

We get to the exam room and Andrew says, "Okay, it's just muscle juice, not a flu shot."

"No," I say. "They said that so you wouldn't worry, but it really is a flu shot."

"But I don't want one!!!!!"

"It's going to be a shot either way, would you rather me tell you the truth about what it is, or a pretend reason for a shot?"

I don't know what the receptionist thought she was helping, but sheesh.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

zonohedron posted:

I don't know what the receptionist thought she was helping, but sheesh.

I tell white lies to my kids ("we can't go there, they are closed" = I don't want to deal with the hassle) or promise things that I know they will forget about ("If you go lay down and close your eyes and wait for Daddy and count to 500, he will come in and play Legos with you tonight." = I sure hope you fall asleep before I check on you in ten minutes!) but already my oldest is starting to question me and I wouldn't be surprised if he will someday soon count to 500 then demand some late-night playtime.

But I am the mom. I am not a healthcare provider. I would hope someone of authority would give my kid an honest, straightforward answer if they are old enough to have a conversation about it.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
I'm guessing for every parent that goes "Just tell him the truth", there's one that goes "Oh, come on, help me out here". I'm for telling my kids the truth about what it is and what it is for, and that yes, it will hurt a bit, but it won't last long, etc. I'm with VorpalBunny too, I will tell them white lies for things that don't really matter; but things that will be forever with them, better explain it to them, they're not dumb.

That said:

zonohedron posted:

Alas, the receptionist replied, "You're not getting a flu shot, just some muscle juice to give you big muscles."
Are you sure it's not a weird clinic where the receptionist had him scheduled for steroids?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

VorpalBunny posted:

I tell white lies to my kids ("we can't go there, they are closed" = I don't want to deal with the hassle) or promise things that I know they will forget about ("If you go lay down and close your eyes and wait for Daddy and count to 500, he will come in and play Legos with you tonight." = I sure hope you fall asleep before I check on you in ten minutes!) but already my oldest is starting to question me and I wouldn't be surprised if he will someday soon count to 500 then demand some late-night playtime.

But I am the mom. I am not a healthcare provider. I would hope someone of authority would give my kid an honest, straightforward answer if they are old enough to have a conversation about it.

I'm definitely guilty of "no, that store's already closed" and "if you close your eyes and wait a little bit, I'll ..." and I understand parents wanting a less scary answer or whatever, but I think "juice", to every preschooler and younger, is "something I drink", and telling him "oh you'll just get a drink" just sets him up for being angry when the shot still has to happen.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Heaven for-loving-bid I cut the toast in triangles this morning.

They turn into angels when they turn 4, right? Its like a switch?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Alterian posted:

I wish. Oh my god I wish it were true.

My daughters are 3 and (recently turned) 5. My house is a house of horrors.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

LCL-Dead posted:

I wish. Oh my god I wish it were true.

My daughters are 3 and (recently turned) 5. My house is a house of horrors.

He was going to bring his cat toy (a toy that is a cat, not an actual toy for a cat) to show and tell but forgot it. Meh. It's cool. No biggie and no tantrum. Toast is serious business.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

zonohedron posted:

"It's going to be a shot either way, would you rather me tell you the truth about what it is, or a pretend reason for a shot?"

Childhood is based on lies and deceit, just like adulthood woo!

Hoo boy what a night to come home to, like five minutes before I stepped in the house my wife had fallen down the stairs with our now 1 year old in arms. He was fine as she managed to hobble over to strap him in the high chair, but I had to deal with one panicked baby who wanted a pickup and one panicked wife shouting at me for not answering my phone (it was on silent... oops).

Battlestations; get her to move to the recliner and do not move, pick him up to calm him down, put in the walker so he can run around and have fun while I throw some dinner in the oven, give painkillers to the lady and a checkover for bruises and sprains (I bet falling on the metal baby gate was awesome).

To compound things he's had a round of immunisations this morning, he only managed a few mouthfuls of food before getting too upset so we chilled out on the sofa to watch tv. He got upset again so I took him upstairs to get my poofy bath robe and I took the opportunity to rip off his injection plasters/band-aids, oh boy was that ever a good idea... a lot of comforting and tears later I took him outside in the very cold air since he was roasting, finally managed to get him in bed with a blanket and his favourite bear.

I don't think this particular day was meant for good things.

iwik
Oct 12, 2007

Alterian posted:

We had tears for an hour a couple of weeks ago when I cut a sandwich into triangles.
Apparently that was an 'up' sandwich, and he didn't want an up sandwich, he wanted a 'down' one.

.. Down was squares. Yeah.

Every little person I know lately that has turned 4 has somehow turned 14 instead, with attitude, demands and oh-so-many opinions. Luckily it only lasts a matter of weeks before they return to being somewhat normal.

Mine has just hit that magic number, I am waiting for the chaos to begin.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Not to get too political up in here, but y'all may have heard we had an election here in the United States and half the population is shocked at the victor. I am seeing a lot of articles and memes and stuff today on how to talk to your kids about the elections, how they understand the consequences, the process, etc. The kids I know that are being discussed are around 6 years old.

My son is 5, will be 6 in 2 weeks. Even though we had the debates and stuff on, he didn't really know the ins and out of the election or who people were - just their names. We didn't even talk about our preferences, though it became pretty clear last night. How do you guys handle political stuff with your kids? Did the US parents involve their kids in the election stuff, watching debates together, or did you keep it from them? I personally don't want to engage this kind of conversation until my kids are old enough to understand certain aspects of government and a general idea of political parties and ideologies, maybe around 10 or 11. Am I doing them a disservice by not introducing them to the concept at a younger age? I feel like that risks exposing them to the kind of disappointment and confusion some are feeling this day.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

My son is only three but I'm keeping him shielded from the shitstorm that is our nation as long as I possibly can

cailleask
May 6, 2007

All my (two year old) daughter was exposed to was parts of one debate, and the SNL skit. We are a pretty liberal household.

Some dumb ad came across my screen when she was looking and she said 'Look mom! It's Donald Twump!'

She has no clue who 'that lady' is when I tested her on Clinton.

So... yeah. He sure does have some good brand recognition.

SavoyMarionette
May 23, 2007
I speak only the truth.
My daughter is 7 and she had already been hearing some things from school regarding the election and seen some ads, so I knew we couldn't really hide it. I wasn't really sure what to say either, honestly. My husband and I are also pretty liberal, but some of our immediate family isn't. In the end all I said this morning was that Donald Trump had been elected President, and while I thought he wasn't a very nice man at all, what was important right now was that we care about other people and keep working towards that. Then I explained that each president is elected for 4 years, so after 4 years we'd see what happened.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
My eldest skipped cross country today to avoid political discussion, though he is in Middle School now, so there is a fair amount of political awareness, both from civics and from parents. They did get assigned to fill out electoral maps, which was useful and interesting. The kids allegedly chanting "Trump Trump Trump" and banging on the lunch tables today was less useful and interesting.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

We watched all of the debates with our 11 and 14 year old, and they sometimes watch John Oliver with us. We always answer all of their questions honestly, and we watched the results come in together last night. They’re African American and have a lot of anxiety and concern about the tenor of racism and sexism these last few months. We felt like giving them factual information was the most appropriate way of handling things, because I think that knowledge gives them more agency. In hindsight, I worry we may have been too truthful, though, because they were hysterical during last night’s results. Worried about their gay friends, their Muslim friends and their friends’ undocumented parents. Worried about my husband losing health insurance for his chronic health condition. These were all topics covered in school, so it's not like we were purposely exposing them to the anxieties of it all, but holy hell was last night hard. All we could do was assure them of our values of kindness and tolerance, and resolve to start volunteering and donating more to causes we believe in. Our 14 year old was the most upset, and we just told him that he needs to focus on being a high schooler. Said something to the effect of, "Bug us about buying you more Vans, watch ridiculous YouTube videos, post a selfie to Instagram, hang out with friends at the movies. You don't need to carry this weight; that's our job. We're here to love you and protect you." That went over well last night, but then they were upset again today because of the things kids were saying/wearing in school (which was honestly pretty surprising since we're in a very liberal part of the Bay Area).

If nothing else, I think the outcome of this election means we're going to fast-track adopting them, which we've been wanting to do for a long time. My daughter is only 2, so I just gave her lots of extra snuggles and told her how smart and fierce she is.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I could use some wisdom about birthday parties.

My daughter is turning five in December. She's been to several of her friend's and classmate's birthday parties at bounce houses and tumble gyms and Chuck-E-Cheese and was asking about her own party this morning.

My wife feels strongly that an party of that sort is unnecessarily expensive, especially with her birthday so close to Christmas. She wants to celebrate the day with our family by letting our daughter stay out of school and taking her somewhere special (I have no idea where).

I think I'm okay with this, but I don't want my daughter to feel disappointed because she's not getting the same kind of parties she thinks all the kids are having. Obviously there are kids in her class who aren't having parties but she doesn't know about them.

Does anyone have experience dealing with this sort of thing?

me your dad fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 10, 2016

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

5 should be old enough to ask her which she would prefer.

Edit: I am not a very social person, but my son (turning 4) really wanted to have a party so I am grinning and bearing it because he is very extroverted.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Alterian posted:

5 should be old enough to ask her which she would prefer.

She seems to be expecting the big party, like I said.

skeetied
Mar 10, 2011

me your dad posted:

She seems to be expecting the big party, like I said.

Could the party be her birthday present from you guys if her birthday is close to Christmas anyway?

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
I never had kids close to Christmas, but I have friends who did- and every single one of them, universally, as adults resented the fact that because their birthday was so close to the biggest holiday of the year they got cheated out of a "real" birthday. My goddaughter has a December birthday and although I can't be there for her party (she lives half a country away) I do make sure to send her two distinct gifts, with one wrapped in birthday-themed paper.

I can understand not wanting to do the huge "invite the whole class" blowout right before Christmas, but if I were in that position I'd at least give her some sort of party, even if you keep it to just the closest friends. I know one inexpensive option I've used that always went over well is a party at the local craft store- the Michaels by us does 2-hour parties for a flat $50 plus the cost of craft supplies, and then the kids take home the craft as their party favor so there's no need to be spending big bucks on plastic crap goody bags. Just add cake.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
My son is a Dec 23 kid, and will be 3 next month, so this is coming for us.

New Weave Wendy
Mar 11, 2007

VorpalBunny posted:

Not to get too political up in here, but y'all may have heard we had an election here in the United States and half the population is shocked at the victor. I am seeing a lot of articles and memes and stuff today on how to talk to your kids about the elections, how they understand the consequences, the process, etc. The kids I know that are being discussed are around 6 years old.

My son is 5, will be 6 in 2 weeks. Even though we had the debates and stuff on, he didn't really know the ins and out of the election or who people were - just their names. We didn't even talk about our preferences, though it became pretty clear last night. How do you guys handle political stuff with your kids? Did the US parents involve their kids in the election stuff, watching debates together, or did you keep it from them? I personally don't want to engage this kind of conversation until my kids are old enough to understand certain aspects of government and a general idea of political parties and ideologies, maybe around 10 or 11. Am I doing them a disservice by not introducing them to the concept at a younger age? I feel like that risks exposing them to the kind of disappointment and confusion some are feeling this day.

My daughter is 3 and she picks up on a lot. I listen to the radio often at home so she knows the names of people and asks a lot of questions. So she and I have talked for awhile about Trump being a bully because I have a hard time containing my visceral disgust for him. And she knows that Clinton would have been the first woman to be president. I don't think there's such a thing as too young, personally. My goal is always to answer her questions at an age appropriate level and take her lead. Smashing the patriarchy starts young.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Marchegiana posted:

I never had kids close to Christmas, but I have friends who did- and every single one of them, universally, as adults resented the fact that because their birthday was so close to the biggest holiday of the year they got cheated out of a "real" birthday. My goddaughter has a December birthday and although I can't be there for her party (she lives half a country away) I do make sure to send her two distinct gifts, with one wrapped in birthday-themed paper.

My wife's birthday is right after Christmas and she has this. She never had much for a party because, eh, it's Christmas and all the family is coming in, we'll have a big thing already that week...! When you're a kid your birthday is a big deal and having it overshadowed every year by something else is kind of a bummer.

me your dad, is the issue the size, the cost, or the proximity to christmas? Because it seems like there is room here to work with your daughter to get somewhere she is happy with. If the issue is cost, you can do a big party pretty cheap if you are able to put in more sweat for it. If it's size, maybe you can winnow it down to a smaller group, or find a way where the size won't be so overwhelming. If its timing, maybe you can move it to the spring - explain that christmas is a really busy/hectic time for everyone, and see if she is ok delaying it (especially if you do a little private family celebration on her actual birthday).

Right now it sounds like your daughter and your wife have radically different ideas of what the celebration should be that need to come to a compromise.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

me your dad posted:

I could use some wisdom about birthday parties.

My daughter is turning five in December. She's been to several of her friend's and classmate's birthday parties at bounce houses and tumble gyms and Chuck-E-Cheese and was asking about her own party this morning.

My wife feels strongly that an party of that sort is unnecessarily expensive, especially with her birthday so close to Christmas. She wants to celebrate the day with our family by letting our daughter stay out of school and taking her somewhere special (I have no idea where).

I think I'm okay with this, but I don't want my daughter to feel disappointed because she's not getting the same kind of parties she thinks all the kids are having. Obviously there are kids in her class who aren't having parties but she doesn't know about them.

Does anyone have experience dealing with this sort of thing?

I would have a look and work out whether a special trip somewhere is really going to cost that much less than a party. For our son when he turned 5 we hired the village hall (which cost about £15) and then bought a load of balloons and stuff from ebay. All together it cost less than £50 and a day out somewhere special would probably cost in that region by the time you factor in travelling costs, eating out, a souvenir and entrance fees. He's a January baby so it was annoying and we put off having a big party as long as we could because it's January and no one wants to do anything in January, but I remembered being fobbed off for the same reason when I was young (January baby too) and it was pretty rubbish to grow up knowing everyone thinks your birthday is a pain in the arse.

Maybe having a delayed party might be a good compromise - in the Spring or something? Tell her she can be like the Queen and have two birthdays.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
I've got a few friends who got screwed by the "too close to Christmas" birthdays so they do a half-birthday celebration in May/June. Great if you're in a hotter climate so you can have a pool party or something.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Maybe having a delayed party might be a good compromise - in the Spring or something? Tell her she can be like the Queen and have two birthdays.

I'm the worst, apparently. My 5 (turning 6) son has his birthday the day before Thanksgiving this year, and his sister (3 turning 4) is New Year's Eve. I always throw a party at our local My Gym for both of them on a date in between. They share the party, the cake, and they both decide on a theme and we invite friends of both of them. This year I'll let each kid invite a few kids from their school/preschool, but we keep the crowd small. The party is kind of expensive but I get two parties out of the way and I space it out between the holidays.

My husband is Dec 26th, so I try to make an effort to have his day be his day, but often we are traveling or visiting people or people are out of town and can't get together. We end up celebrating the weekend before a birthday, the day of the birthday, and sometimes some later date to make up for the friends or family members who weren't in town for either of the first two celebrations. I really hate the holidays, not only do I have to deal with the regular chaos, I have to manage 3 major birthdays and 2 for other family members (mother, and my father-in-law).

We recently adopted our youngest son, his birthday is in March. I was so relieved!

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

After giving it a lot of thought this morning, I spoke with my wife and let her know my feelings.

Ashcans posted:

me your dad, is the issue the size, the cost, or the proximity to christmas? Because it seems like there is room here to work with your daughter to get somewhere she is happy with. If the issue is cost, you can do a big party pretty cheap if you are able to put in more sweat for it. If it's size, maybe you can winnow it down to a smaller group, or find a way where the size won't be so overwhelming. If its timing, maybe you can move it to the spring - explain that christmas is a really busy/hectic time for everyone, and see if she is ok delaying it (especially if you do a little private family celebration on her actual birthday).

Right now it sounds like your daughter and your wife have radically different ideas of what the celebration should be that need to come to a compromise.

My wife thinks a birthday should be a family thing, spent doing something fun and special. That's all well and good, but our daughter has had experience going to parties for her school friends and that's naturally what she expects. My wife has had limited exposure to these parties and saw all the kids come, barely interact (all just going bonkers) and then leave. She sees as fleeting experiences not worth the cost. To her it's a game of social appearances and expectations set more by parents than children.

I also called my sister today to get her advice. She's got a ten year old and a seven year old so she's been through it in recent years. She said her boys barely have recollection of many parties, and often they don't remember who was even there. She said if she were to do it over again she would do a special party for the 'big years' (five, ten), and smaller affairs for the in-between years.

I'm of the opinion of doing what my daughter thinks is good for her special day. I don't doubt my daughter would have an amazing time at an indoor waterpark with her family (what my wife had in mind) but it would kill me if I had even the slightest notion that she felt like she was missing out on a party.

We can plan a fun party for a reasonable cost and let our daughter enjoy it, no matter how fleeting or ultimately forgettable.

I explained to my wife that these types of parties only go on for so long. We'll eventually be in a bigger place where we can host kids and have sleepovers and whatnot. We might as well indulge while we can and let her have the type of day she expects.

Now that this is (pretty much) figured out, we can move on to worrying about parties for our twins, who turn two in January :suicide:

me your dad fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Just need to vent somewhere : Oh god gently caress daycare. My son has been sick pretty much non stop for 2 months now and I know it's just going to last for at least a few more months. The best we had was a 4 days stretch of healthy normal baby. At least he's still happy during the day but the nights are starting to get tough