Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Now that's some copy right there

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Surprise adhesive meaning this poo poo doesn’t work? Is that why their fans are mad?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Mods namechange Gravity magic rubber

Also willing to settle for Swent Shirt

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I missed “stimulate the taste free” first time through. A hint of scent is also good.

E: Is this repackaged Elmers Glue?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

goatsestretchgoals posted:

E: Is this repackaged Elmers Glue?

It's pretending to be acrylic resin (mostly methyl methacrylate?), "a hint of scent" is either a joke or admission that it's not legit, as real B7000 is extremely smelly

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Stimulate the taste-free is a good slogan for fruit stripe

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Searching for information, I found a page beginning with this perplexing choice of image:

https://gluethings.com/what-is-b7000-used-for/

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Does anyone know exactly what solvents are used in b7000? I've heard that some of those glues from the same manufacturer contain carbon tet (or a similar chlorinated solvent) which is not something i wanna gently caress around with. But so far i haven't found any hard evidence about what's used in which glue.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

LimaBiker posted:

Does anyone know exactly what solvents are used in b7000? I've heard that some of those glues from the same manufacturer contain carbon tet (or a similar chlorinated solvent) which is not something i wanna gently caress around with. But so far i haven't found any hard evidence about what's used in which glue.

according to this page, "hand harmless Colorless, transparent and viscous liquid, non-toxic, no harm to hands and low odor."

it is also Transperant Paste Adhesive

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Well I’m glad they were very clear it won’t harm my hands.

*puts gloves on*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m glad that it is both non‐toxic and odorless.

Loads organic vapor cartridges.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Atticus_1354 posted:

And weedeaters contribute large amounts of microplastics to your yards and playgrounds

That's not really solved by battery models though

Still I like my two stroke little brush cutter! Japanese 80s model, I ran it on E85 + two stroke oil last year,

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hayabusa motorcycle engines mandated for all lawnmowers etc.

Cleans up the environment and creates content for the thread.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

"theres this one time when I fell out of an airplane"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

LimaBiker posted:

I think the problem you're going to run into with random tubes of resin from China with accepted but unprotected trade names is that it's going to depend on what the truck with barrels of solvent was carrying that day.

There's enough glues with specific trade names that mean specific formulas if you're worried.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Harry_Potato posted:

Shoes stay on, but underwear is toast. POV truck crash and dangle.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7369385418585804033

This is the accident that led to an outstanding high-angle rescue by the Louisville Fire Department off of the tip of a tiller truck:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://x.com/wife_geist/status/1791217929725370668?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

pretty sure you can’t say that on x, the death sub that gets stuck site

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Erwin posted:

This is the accident that led to an outstanding high-angle rescue by the Louisville Fire Department off of the tip of a tiller truck:

How in the hell did this thing get wedged in securely enough to stay there dangling long enough for this? Wild. poo poo must have been terrifying.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

That's some Blofeld grade engineering right there. They keep the laser sharks in the cistern to ensure no one escapes from that sub.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

What would the goal over a standard lock? Faster than moving the water?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Hayabusa motorcycle engines mandated for all lawnmowers etc.

Cleans up the environment and creates content for the thread.

Grind Hard Plumbing already got the hayabusa engine working for shopping carts, so I don't see why everything can't use them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYXoaexIUI

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

Azhais posted:

What would the goal over a standard lock? Faster than moving the water?

Conventional locks lose a large volume of water downstream with each use, this design prevents that.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Can someone do the math on how many tons of force you'd need to winch that air filled chamber the size of a supertanker underwater

The drawing looks like they think it would just sink naturally on wires lol

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Sagebrush posted:

Can someone do the math on how many tons of force you'd need to winch that air filled chamber the size of a supertanker underwater

drat i was just about to say this

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I think that weird caisson lock thingy was actually built and used on the british canal network. It's featured on Cruising the Cut, i think.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

if YouTube's Water Jet Channel has taught me anything these last few years, its that you can make anything insanely heavy with enough scrap tungsten carbide tool bits and bismuth

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cactus Ghost posted:

if YouTube's Water Jet Channel has taught me anything these last few years, its that you can make anything insanely heavy with enough scrap tungsten carbide tool bits and bismuth

Yeah just thicken the bottom of the chamber and/or fill it with ballast until it reaches neutral buoyancy, like a counterweighted elevator

Then you just have to worry about the pressure on the roof

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Isn't there already an efficient way of doing this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_Wheel

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
large-scale civil engineering presents the possibility of nationalism and therefore is an avenue of politics and dick-waving, so novelty is surprisingly frequent, often disastrous

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Erwin posted:

hell yeah

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Uthor posted:

Isn't there already an efficient way of doing this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_Wheel

drat that's sweet

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Seriously, if you are ever in that part of Scotland, do check out the Falkirk wheel in person.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/A1QoWEv.mp4

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Blorange posted:

Conventional locks lose a large volume of water downstream with each use, this design prevents that.

Is that a problem though? Is the Pacific getting too full and the Atlantic too low?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/iD3DRhG.mp4

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is that a problem though? Is the Pacific getting too full and the Atlantic too low?

Most locks are on rivers or canals, and water flow is a serious issue for them.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

osha content crossroad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I'm going to use some river barge numbers to build my assumptions since I don't know what bote is being used in this example.

Assume that we have a bote that is 140' long, 40' wide, and 15' tall, with a capacity of 875 short tons, and a dry weight of 500 short tons. That's going to give us an internal volume of say 145'x45'x20', which is 130,500 cubic feet. Obviously there's some water in there, and a lot of river barges are meant to be run with very little draft, so lets just say there's only 12" of air between the water in the caisson and the bottom of the box. This changes the air volume to 78,300 cubic feet.

78,300 cubic feet of air displaces about 2443 short tons of water.

If we subtract the weight of the bote, plus the weight of the cargo, that means that if the caisson weighs 1068 short tons, it'll be neutrally buoyant.

Which doesn't seem out of this world given that it's a giant steel box that is water tight.