Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When sinestro and sivana team up in justice league 3 i hope mark strong plays both charcters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Rhyno posted:

Hobgoblin, Chameleon and Kraven are the three biggest I can think of.

I am totally okay with MCU Ned showing up in a Hobgoblin costume only to be gunned down shortly after.

Ooh, good call on Chameleon, I forgot about him.

...I'm honestly hoping for the Hypno-Hustler to show up in the next Spider-Verse movie or something. He wasn't exactly a 'classic' villain or well-known, but he was ridiculous.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Ooh, good call on Chameleon, I forgot about him.

...I'm honestly hoping for the Hypno-Hustler to show up in the next Spider-Verse movie or something. He wasn't exactly a 'classic' villain or well-known, but he was ridiculous.

I'm thinking Tyler Stone with Venture as the muscle for the next Spider-Verse movie. (Unless they just ignore 2099's rogues gallery completely.) Comedy option: Punisher 2099

Also, why did you guys have to remind me of the Jonah Hex movie. :negative:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Rocketeer is still great.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

X-O posted:

Neither Daredevil or Wolverine Origins are a Bottom 10 superhero movie when you have Catwoman, Elektra, Supergirl, Superman IV, Fan4stic, Steel, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, The Spirit, and if we're being honest I'd probably rather watch either of those moves over something like Suicide Squad or the Tim Story Fantastic Four films too.

I blocked out Catwoman and you just haddd to remind me, Goddamn was that movie poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

When sinestro and sivana team up in justice league 3 i hope mark strong plays both charcters

Mark Strong playing every villain in the League of Doom

Shindragon posted:

I blocked out Catwoman and you just haddd to remind me, Goddamn was that movie poo poo.

We all suffer now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kevin Feige said something today that is a minor MCU spoiler for FFH- apparently even though obviously Mysterio is full of poo poo about being from another universe, Feige confirmed in an interview that the first mention of a multiverse in the films back in Dr. Strange by the Ancient One is correct, and there are multiple universes in the MCU. He did not elaborate as to how this is going to impact things going forward, but I believe later in the month we will find out more about Phase 4, so who knows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am glad Superhero movies no longer have the scene where the two main characters do some kind of sport or other activity to show off their powers.

Green Lantern is such a waste of a good cast. A lot of its problems are there, but one huge problem that they should have seen is not have the villain be a dorky guy in a wheelchair being beat up by a super hunk. They could have made proper Hector Hammond without basically being super mega ablesist. Or maybe not do him at all. Not like the Green Lanterns lack villains. I doubt Hector is even in the top 5 if you asked people. I'd rate Black Hand higher. Why not have him fight a bunch of leftover Manhunters that are uncovered on earth or something?

It will be a cold day in hell when I believe that Jonah Hex didn't start out as a sequel to Wild Wild West.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Kevin Feige said something today that is a minor MCU spoiler for FFH- apparently even though obviously Mysterio is full of poo poo about being from another universe, Feige confirmed in an interview that the first mention of a multiverse in the films back in Dr. Strange by the Ancient One is correct, and there are multiple universes in the MCU. He did not elaborate as to how this is going to impact things going forward, but I believe later in the month we will find out more about Phase 4, so who knows.

So that is what is going to happen with the Nextflix shows: That was just some crappy little side reality/universe. Here are the real Defenders in theaters 202X! Also the Inhumans show was an alt universe as well.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No one cares about the Netflix shows.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MH Knights posted:

So that is what is going to happen with the Nextflix shows: That was just some crappy little side reality/universe. Here are the real Defenders in theaters 202X! Also the Inhumans show was an alt universe as well.
They established early on that the Netflix shows were in the MCU. They just rarely made reference to this fact since they had tight restrictions on what they were allowed to do.

If the characters aren't dead you can at least soft-reboot something like Daredevil down the road. I have to imagine that Disney will want to make new Daredevil/Punisher shows in the future.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Speaking of the less aggressively PG-13 Marvel fare, it's gonna be weird if Deadpool 3 is their first r-rated movie, right?

Then again the Punisher has multiple weird stinks on him, Ghost Rider is kind of a huge failure and doesn't necessarily need to be R-rated if he's just fighting monsters, they might try to make Daredevil their Batman and/or give him the superhero legal drama movie that SHOULD belong to She-Hulk, and it'll be a cold day in hell before Disney releases a movie starring Wolverine that 12 year olds aren't allowed to see by themselves, so...

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

The Dave posted:

No one cares about the Netflix shows.

I do! Luke Cage forever! And season 1 Jessica Jones/season 1 & 2 Daredevil

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That reminds me i still havent bothered with jj s3

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

OnimaruXLR posted:

Speaking of the less aggressively PG-13 Marvel fare, it's gonna be weird if Deadpool 3 is their first r-rated movie, right?

It wouldn't be their first, but their last was The Fifth Estate in 2013, and their next is apparently called Stuber, set to release next year (but it only kind of counts, as it was made by Fox pre-purchase)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
What I remember of Daredevil isn't absolutely terrible other than Ben Affleck is so-so and Jennifer Garner is an absolutely terrible Elektra. But it's worth it for the final Kingpin fight alone.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
DD’s costume isn’t too bad either, just extremely leather like all early-00’s superhero costumes. At the very least it’s better than the weird paintball padding mess from the Netflix show.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Daredevil is a completely fine movie. Probably the best of Fox's superhero output in my estimation. That's a fairly low bar I know.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

twistedmentat posted:

Green Lantern is such a waste of a good cast. A lot of its problems are there, but one huge problem that they should have seen is not have the villain be a dorky guy in a wheelchair being beat up by a super hunk. They could have made proper Hector Hammond without basically being super mega ablesist. Or maybe not do him at all. Not like the Green Lanterns lack villains. I doubt Hector is even in the top 5 if you asked people. I'd rate Black Hand higher. Why not have him fight a bunch of leftover Manhunters that are uncovered on earth or something?

I haven't seen Green Lantern. I wanted to when it came out, but then I got a call from my brother, who wasn't that familiar with GL.

"So do you know who Parallax and Hector Hammond are?"
"They went with the Fear Parasite and the guy with the giant head?!"

I agree that Manhunters or the Weaponers on Qward would have been a better choice. Heck, go with Mongul even.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I dunno if I really like the Manhunters for the first movie in a series, to be honest. Like. You introduce the Corps. and the Guardians, okay. But instead of focusing on introducing what it means to be a Green Lantern, let's clean up these guys previous mistakes.

I say do an actual space criminal, keep the stakes relatively low by focusing on the whole "cops in space" angle, then use the sequels to introduce the Manhunters and the different corps of the rainbow.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I haven't seen Green Lantern. I wanted to when it came out, but then I got a call from my brother, who wasn't that familiar with GL.

"So do you know who Parallax and Hector Hammond are?"
"They went with the Fear Parasite and the guy with the giant head?!"

I agree that Manhunters or the Weaponers on Qward would have been a better choice. Heck, go with Mongul even.

They absolutely went with Parallax and Hammond because of the then-current Johns run. IIRC there was even a Sinestro Corps tease at the very end.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Mark Strong playing every villain in the League of Doom

We all suffer now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

It’s almost time for Catwoman to complete the cycle of hate and go through a 3-5 years of people defending it as a masterpiece of camp.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I recognize Daredevil is bad, but it's just bad in the way that I don't want to watch it ever again. It's not in a tier of like The Dark Knight Rises or Amazing Spider-Man where I was actively becoming angry while in the theater. I'd rather be sat in front of all those middling 2000s era superhero flicks than Man of Steel.

I remember that I paid money to see Green Lantern. I remember there's a bit about the domino mask being dumb. Otherwise I have no memory at all of this film.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
We got something much better out of the failure, but I think they could have made Amazing Spider-Man work if they'd just gone in a completely different direction with the third act.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Daredevil at least has a pretty solid RiffTrax going with it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

site posted:

That reminds me i still havent bothered with jj s3

It was better than season 2 at least. The villain has this whole Moriarty thing going on.

Gaunab posted:

I do! Luke Cage forever! And season 1 Jessica Jones/season 1 & 2 Daredevil

Season 2 of Daredevil was probably my least favorite. We didn't watch Iron Fist though.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Gavok posted:

Still made me laugh when there is a close up of Ben Affleck with his daredevil shades and they say I’m Batman

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Season 3 of Jessica Jones was awful to me and I didn't like that they went back to homemade costume in season 3 of Daredevil.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaunab posted:

Season 3 of Jessica Jones was awful to me and I didn't like that they went back to homemade costume in season 3 of Daredevil.

I feel like most of the audience disliked the armored suit and applauded the return of the black one.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Gavok posted:

They have saved so many movies.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Shindragon posted:

Still made me laugh when there is a close up of Ben Affleck with his daredevil shades and they say I’m Batman

One of my favorite bits is how there's this brief part at the coffee shop where Matt Murdock isn't being all wooden and actually shows some charisma. Mike goes, "Whoa, Ben is actually acting! Wow! ...well, it was fun while it lasted."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I used to hate Jennifer Garner, mostly because of that film but at some point I can't pinpoint she became an absolute smoke show. She's also hilarious!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Did I see someone call Molten Man a classic Spider-man villain because that dude is even less interesting than the Gibbon.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Daredevil is one of those movies where you leave the theater knowing you could have done a better job of it.

First step would be recasting Elektra.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Darth Brooks posted:

Daredevil is one of those movies where you leave the theater knowing you could have done a better job of it.

First step would be recasting Elektra.

Yet the first step actually taken? Giving her a spinoff.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Did I see someone call Molten Man a classic Spider-man villain because that dude is even less interesting than the Gibbon.

He is from the classic era. He's shown up throughout the years, had a family connection through Liz, was used in the Spectacular animated series. If Hydro-Man warrants mention then so would Molten Man because the only thing about Hydro-Man that was interesting was the connection they created between him and MJ for the 90s animated series.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hydro-man only got mentioned because he was referenced as a joke in the movie.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

X-O posted:

Neither Daredevil or Wolverine Origins are a Bottom 10 superhero movie when you have Catwoman, Elektra, Supergirl, Superman IV, Fan4stic, Steel, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, The Spirit, and if we're being honest I'd probably rather watch either of those moves over something like Suicide Squad or the Tim Story Fantastic Four films too.
What about the generation X made for TV movie?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lobok posted:

He is from the classic era. He's shown up throughout the years, had a family connection through Liz, was used in the Spectacular animated series. If Hydro-Man warrants mention then so would Molten Man because the only thing about Hydro-Man that was interesting was the connection they created between him and MJ for the 90s animated series.

Hey, Hydro-Man's also part of one of the best theme park rides ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gavok posted:

Hey, Hydro-Man's also part of one of the best theme park rides ever.

I mean, so is Scream but I'm not gonna pick a fight over a symbiote villain with you of all people.