Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Terebus posted:

Wait, they said these ships are all created by Foundry 42, wasn't there a post a few pages back showing that some Malaysian studio is making Vanduul ships?

EDIT: Link to Reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4br61n/streamline_studios_working_on_vast_alien/

Yeah. I am a few pages behind, but I posted earlier that it's bullshit that's over a year old now. Spergs are dying for new material so they're regurgitation stuff like cow curd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

you've been playing star citizen the entire time. this is it.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sorry Eonwe.

Derek ruined it.

Rodney-CK
Jun 19, 2004

AP posted:

Meanwhile at CIG.

This is what the sad truth of the Stimpire feels like.

On one hand, I'm pretty certain Star Citizen is going to be a ghastly abortion. On the other hand, I'm still pretty confident we'll see Squadron 42 Ep 1 before this explodes.

While I'd like to play it, knowing that I'd need to actually sit though Sandi level acting, and knowing she's going to play a major character just kind of makes me not want to play it at all.

It's kind of like trying to get into a story driven game where the protagonist just kind of sucks. Even if it's great, you still don't really want to play it. In this case, it's probably going to be mediocre-poor gameplay and characters that just rub you the wrong way.

Top it off I'm expecting there will be jabs against people and groups of people in the game itself, just because I doubt they're mature enough to make this thing without crappy nods/sasses towards different communities, even their own.

I'm still looking forward to the inevitable dump truck of reality to back over Chris when he finally realizes nobody wants S42, but they want SC like burning madness.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

if the game does somehow come out, which it wont, i will dedicate my time in that game to ruining other peoples experiences. like furries trying to roleplay loving in some spergfarer and me boarding their ship via clippable walls and setting them on fire.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Eonwe posted:

gently caress you reddit lol
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\..
:patriot:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Since when has $40k per day equaled drying up? They average in the 30's normally if I recall correctly.

Fair point, but aren't they still in the middle of a ship sale? I'm just glad we're not still seeing numbers like these...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If the game comes out I will eat a stick of laptop memory

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm thinking if the game does come out I will probably not still have this spare stick of laptop memory and I am not buying some just to eat it at some point in the future.
I will eat some toast instead

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

If the game comes out I will eat a stick of laptop memory

They probably push out some broken af version when everything goes tits up

...bonus points if it still consists of one planet and two moons or whatever they have right now

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wuxi posted:

They probably push out some broken af version when everything goes tits up

...bonus points if it still consists of one planet and two moons or whatever they have right now

I am uploading a low res vid because I cannot work Bandicam of ED and it puts into perspective what a poo poo heap SC is and how little there is

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I'm thinking if the game does come out I will probably not still have this spare stick of laptop memory and I am not buying some just to eat it at some point in the future.

youll need the memory because the game will probably be like, 500 terabytes and youll need some good rams and ssd to run it.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Tippis posted:

Also reminds me of this for some (obvious?) reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89wq5EoXy-0

I had that on floppy disk(s?).

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

Ask Clifford. Maybe he's got it in his closet next to the spare GPUs for stream watchers. And his anime sex pillows.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I want GRRM to die during Star Citizen's implosion and crash the forums. We haven't had a traffic-induced crash since bin Laden died.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I am uploading a low res vid because I cannot work Bandicam of ED and it puts into perspective what a poo poo heap SC is and how little there is

I think the only ones still needing that perspective are the ones who'd buy another 20k worth of ships just to spite you instead of admitting anything.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

runsamok posted:

Ask Clifford. Maybe he's got it in his closet next to the spare GPUs for stream watchers. And his anime sex pillows.

I firmly believe he just leant over and yoinked a gpu out of one of his bitcoin mining computers

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Don't stop making videos though, they're good :shobon:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wuxi posted:

Don't stop making videos though, they're good :shobon:

Now Bandicam sort of works I will do some SC vids again!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

serious norman posted:

I had that on floppy disk(s?).

I think it was just one. I wonder how much CIG would be able squeeze onto an old 880kB floppy… half an XML file? :D

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wasn't there some guy who developed permanent brain damage because he overheated his mining operation and then went to sleep in the same room?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Cosmic Owl posted:

again it bottoms out at 42k
It's becoming my favorite number, too. :smug:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Now Bandicam sort of works I will do some SC vids again!

I feel a mixture of pity and elation

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Let the record show that in 07/15 when my first "Interstellar Citizens" blog hit, I asked everyone to STOP giving them money; and just WAIT for the game.

That was $85M.

Now, they have collectively sunk +$25M on top of that, for a total of $110M to date.

I have no sympathy for these people. They were warned. They have no excuse. And they're ALL going to lose their money because there is NO way on this God's Earth, that this game - as pitched - ever sees the light of day.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Wuxi posted:

Wasn't there some guy who developed permanent brain damage because he overheated his mining operation and then went to sleep in the same room?

Seraph84?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thank you.

gently caress you reddit lol
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\..

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
ED, was fun as hell.
Bandicam needs sorting though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYtRgMvpBu8

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Is there lot of content which we can´t see because of Squadron 42 embargo?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6491474/#Comment_6491474

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6494365/#Comment_6494365

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Since when has $40k per day equaled drying up? They average in the 30's normally if I recall correctly.

30k average = burning through their reserves pretty rapidly. They'd probably like to average at least 70 or 80 and even that is almost certainly below their burn rate.

Those 30k/day average months are their terrible months. A good month with effective sales happening is over 150k/day.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Wuxi posted:

You think someone got brain damage from sleeping in a warm room?:confused:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wuxi posted:

yes

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wrecked Angle posted:

yes

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

In addition to the two big fluffy Norwegian Forest Cats I pollute the thread with & the 21 year old fossil cat I posted, I've also got a little grey polydactyl dude who kinda looks like :pgabz:

He's a cat from a petstore in the super gigantic West Edmonton Mall so you can imagine he's a bit shellshocked from having endless people parade by, tapping on the glass, even now after 13 years he's still a little nervous dude.

It's a motley crew around here, that's for sure.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Wrecked Angle posted:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15173.0

EDIT: He is undoubtedly now an SC cultist.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

“Because of the open nature of this project, CIG has to keep things behind closed doors.”

?!?!?
What the how the I don't even :psyduck: :psypop: :psyboom:
How do you even manage to construct that sentence without your brain rebelling and blowing a clean path through to your neighbour to effect an immediate escape?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
http://archive.is/YGtBk

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Goobs posted:

Croberts is calling shatner right now.

"I'll show them that I have my pulse on what's cool with sci-fi and I'll do it even better. Get me Leonard Nimoy. He's what?"

SC is the best advertisement for E:D. I just bought a new computer and once I get bored with XCom 2, I'll probably be checking E:D out next.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This thread should be so lucky as to witness a perfect, defining, quintessential moment of star citizen, as the bitcoin brain damage guy is to bitcoin

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

this is art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Star Citizen: Because of the open nature of this project, CIG has to keep things behind closed doors.

• Locked thread