Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I turned on TDP for Death Stranding and took a framerate drop but it runs way cooler and the battery life is much better. Very legal & very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Vic posted:

For the goon who was wondering if it's Valve blocking MS Gamepass on Deck or Microsoft:

Play Halo Infinite, Deathloop, and More with Xbox Cloud Gaming on the Logitech G CLOUD Handheld

e: lmao

?????

nobody's blocking gamepass on anything. it just doesn't have a Linux version because it's deeply integrated into windows. you can install windows on a steam deck and play gamepass games on it. they offer xcloud streaming to the Deck and have a full set of instructions on microsoft's website. I've used it to play Powerwash Simulator and Escape Academy. you can do the same with an odin or an aya neo

there are multiple linux handhelds that have moonlight, xcloud, and steam streaming. logitech's handheld is nothing new. all they're talking about is cloud streaming. the leap here is goon zipline height

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 21, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Controls stopped working in PrimeHack… what do I do!

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Play a real fps and stop pretending it's 2004 and MP is good

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

lmao $300 for a WiFi only streaming only handheld. I thought it was gonna be like 99 bucks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can’t even get this poo poo setup in the first place. Is there a guide to follow?

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Vic posted:

For the goon who was wondering if it's Valve blocking MS Gamepass on Deck or Microsoft:

Play Halo Infinite, Deathloop, and More with Xbox Cloud Gaming on the Logitech G CLOUD Handheld

Jokes on them, I was playing Deathloop via Xbox cloud on my deck last night.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

I've found Dolphin/PrimeHack get weird sometimes when you stop the emulator and restart it. If you quit entirely and start it, it should be fine.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Vic posted:

That's pretty interesting, Vic.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

There's been a persistent confusion between PC Game Pass and Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in this thread, to the point where I can't tell if people just don't understand how to computer or if this is a deliberate misrepresentation by fanboys with weird parasocial relationships with corporations.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Been toying with this since yesterday when I got it. Installed EmuDeck, that was fun. I also noticed that the right trackpad haptics work (seemingly) all the time, but the left trackpads does not. Is that normal?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Dont feel weird about sniffing the vents. Acoustic guitar players love to sniff the soundhole of their guitar. Especially vintage acoustic guitars, like wine snobs smell a vintage bordeaux.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

There's been a persistent confusion between PC Game Pass and Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in this thread, to the point where I can't tell if people just don't understand how to computer or if this is a deliberate misrepresentation by fanboys with weird parasocial relationships with corporations.

I think people just aren't paying very much attention

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

The 7th Guest posted:

?????

nobody's blocking gamepass on anything. it just doesn't have a Linux version because it's deeply integrated into windows. you can install windows on a steam deck and play gamepass games on it. they offer xcloud streaming to the Deck and have a full set of instructions on microsoft's website. I've used it to play Powerwash Simulator and Escape Academy. you can do the same with an odin or an aya neo

there are multiple linux handhelds that have moonlight, xcloud, and steam streaming. logitech's handheld is nothing new. all they're talking about is cloud streaming. the leap here is goon zipline height

The conversation was about native Steam OS game mode support for gamepass games.

Logitech's handheld being announced by microsoft is kinda sus. It's an overpriced tablet.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Vic posted:

The conversation was about native Steam OS game mode support for gamepass games.

Logitech's handheld being announced by microsoft is kinda sus. It's an overpriced tablet.

... which doesn't support native PC Game Pass.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
There’s no way that people are confusing two different products with the same name, made by the same company that brought us the Xbox One X and Xbox Series X.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Vic posted:

SteamOS is Linux. There is no Linux support for Gamepass. If Microsoft partnered with Logitech on a handheld that played Gamepass natively, it would be via Windows, the OS that supports it already

Hope this helps

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Got my Steam Deck today, and it's pretty swell so far! Played a few games of Luck Be A Landlord with one of the player-made control set-ups and it works great! Can't wait to try some other stuff out, including EGS/GoG/itch.io stuff (got the former two set up already with HL, will set-up the itch stuff later).

How does Cloud GamePass fare on the Deck? Whenever I tried it on my phone the lag was a bit too much, but curious on other opinions. The hoops I'd have to jump through wouldn't bother me.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

dreffen posted:

Been toying with this since yesterday when I got it. Installed EmuDeck, that was fun. I also noticed that the right trackpad haptics work (seemingly) all the time, but the left trackpads does not. Is that normal?

Like, not at all? Not normal.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I'm saying it's sus because it sounds like a budding partership for a potential xbox handheld.

There's no windows lite unless you carve it out yourself and it would be real lovely experience compared to Valve's layer just because MS.

I am not saying what prev. posters are arguing with.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Heran Bago posted:

Like, not at all? Not normal.

I took some time from my lunch to go into the haptics settings and even futzing with it, it's very light compared to the right. Welp.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Vic posted:

Yeah but I read it as a pretty clear signal they're gunning for their own handheld. G-CLOAD PRO in the works.

You can tell they are blocking gamepass by the way they immediately published an article with step by step instructions on how to get XCloud working on the deck like 4 days after it released.

As for the downloading games, I don't think anyone is blocking anything. Go look at gamepass downloads. They are single giant blob files with windows DRM applied to them. You can't even delete them as a windows admin. To get gamepass to work on the deck they'd need to basically create a brand new installer from scratch for Linux to store the files. Now, you could say Microsoft is blocking the starting of that work, but it'd be a tremendous amount of work so I don't think its malicious or lazy or anything.

And if you install windows on the Deck gamepass works fine. Nothing is blocked.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Microsoft could roll out Gamepass on Steam, using the Steam/win32 versions of their games instead of UWP much like how EA Play is handled.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mega64 posted:

How does Cloud GamePass fare on the Deck? Whenever I tried it on my phone the lag was a bit too much, but curious on other opinions. The hoops I'd have to jump through wouldn't bother me.

As long as your wifi is strong enough it should be fine. It doesn’t take much at all to set up either.

If you are getting lag on the deck then the chances are it’s your wifi setup holding you back.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

SCheeseman posted:

Microsoft could roll out Gamepass on Steam, using the Steam/win32 versions of their games instead of UWP much like how EA Play is handled.

EA is a publisher and developer, most of Gamepass games are not from Microsoft. They'd be paying Steam for the rights to undercut their own ecosystem and deliver games not savegame or other feature compatible with their xbox ecosystem. That seems like a really really bad business move. And I doubt Valve would want to do the hosting for free as that would undercut their main business if people are paying microsoft instead of buying the same games on their platform.

I'm not saying anyone is altruistic here, that solution just seems like bad business.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
That Logitech G Cloud seemed really cool until I realized you can't really download games onto it, only stream them via relatively slow wi-fi, even the base model Steam Deck seems the better option.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol I might have to buy this now.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Lockback posted:

EA is a publisher and developer, most of Gamepass games are not from Microsoft. They'd be paying Steam for the rights to undercut their own ecosystem and deliver games not savegame or other feature compatible with their xbox ecosystem. That seems like a really really bad business move. And I doubt Valve would want to do the hosting for free as that would undercut their main business if people are paying microsoft instead of buying the same games on their platform.

I'm not saying anyone is altruistic here, that solution just seems like bad business.

EA Play on Steam is a separate subscription that contains a subset of the EA Play library compared to what you get on Origin. It's worse value, but you get games that conveniently work on the Steam Deck. I would expect a Steam Gamepass would work the same way.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Got an issue playing return to monkey island.

I played with no issues for 3 hours a couple of days ago.

Since then i noticed my system updates were stuck at 87%. Googeled the problem, soulution was to reboot, go into desktop mode and install any updates in the discover store, then back to steam mode to finish up the update. At some point i swiched to the beta releas channel to see if that got things unstuck.

So now fully updated with the beta updates.

Now if i launch the game i get a flash of unreadable text and the screen goes black. I can hear the menu music play, buttons don't seem to do anything.

Tried switching proton version, no luck so far. Will see if i can disable the beta updates.

Edit: same with regular system updates. Tried GEproton-35 and some other versions. Still no luck.

There was a small game update i hope that didn't break everything.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 21, 2022

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
My deck has been q ting weird. Anytime I try to boot to desktop it crashes and a game like JoJos which apparently "just works" won't actually boot. I'm guessing it's time for a system reboot unless anyone has a idea?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SCheeseman posted:

lmao $300 for a WiFi only streaming only handheld. I thought it was gonna be like 99 bucks.
Yeah that's insane when its nearly the price of a 64GB Steam Deck or like, 2-3x the price of an Anbernic or something, that can stream and also have things installed locally. Anyone trying to sell you anything that's stream only is at least partly trying to scam you imo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Yeah that's insane when its nearly the price of a 64GB Steam Deck or like, 2-3x the price of an Anbernic or something, that can stream and also have things installed locally. Anyone trying to sell you anything that's stream only is at least partly trying to scam you imo.

You could just get this for $119 and it works just as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LujUxYH6sGc&feature=share&si=ELPmzJkDCLju2KnD5oyZMQ

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lordfrikk posted:

You can do that. Help -> Steam Support -> search for a game -> I want to permanently remove this game from my account

Don't ask how I know about it :negative:

That seems to be ona per game basis, and it would take me a week to submit all of the tickets to remove so much bullshit.

Badly Jester posted:

I've started just dumping those games into a "Trash" collection. Doesn't take long and you don't have to look at them again.

I have everything I don't play under Hidden, I just want it off my account. This is super OCD of me but I would honestly prefer to purge all of the crap I don't play off my account. Hell I have games I've played and beaten I know I will never play again that I wouldn't mind getting rid of.

Also my Steam Inventory, I would happier than a pig in poo poo if Valve added a way for me to select all of the things I have collected and allow me to list it all for the cheapest market value it's currently going for. Also to remove certain things from my account that aren't even sellable would be nice too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ChocNitty posted:

Dont feel weird about sniffing the vents. Acoustic guitar players love to sniff the soundhole of their guitar.

As a guitarist I'm not even going to pretend I don't love the smell of my musty wood after playing it for a while.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

sigher posted:

That seems to be ona per game basis, and it would take me a week to submit all of the tickets to remove so much bullshit.

I have everything I don't play under Hidden, I just want it off my account. This is super OCD of me but I would honestly prefer to purge all of the crap I don't play off my account. Hell I have games I've played and beaten I know I will never play again that I wouldn't mind getting rid of.

Also my Steam Inventory, I would happier than a pig in poo poo if Valve added a way for me to select all of the things I have collected and allow me to list it all for the cheapest market value it's currently going for. Also to remove certain things from my account that aren't even sellable would be nice too.

I know you can bulk sell cards for their cheapest values... never thought of trying to do it with other inventory items though

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The best scents are always in holes.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tenkaris posted:

I know you can bulk sell cards for their cheapest values...

What!? How?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

sigher posted:

As a guitarist I'm not even going to pretend I don't love the smell of my musty wood after playing it for a while.

One time I cut my hand without realizin' it and then jammed the heck out for an evening and now it's always weird if an acoustic guitar does not smell enough of iron.

Also I visited a buddy who worked as a fuel pumper in Oregon for three weeks in high school and now the smell of gasoline makes me happy.

Smells are weird. And probably bad for the brain.

Speaking of, I need glue.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

infraboy posted:

That Logitech G Cloud seemed really cool until I realized you can't really download games onto it, only stream them via relatively slow wi-fi, even the base model Steam Deck seems the better option.
That seems completely insane and useless then. Xcloud will run on any cheapass phone or handheld with a browser and wifi. The G Cloud is $300 with pre-order discount or $350 at launch. So they are charging Nintendo Switch OLED prices for a device that can only stream and run some android games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Played Teardown for a bit. Amazed that game plays so well on deck.

Tried monkey island again and its working again now. Weird