Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CowboyKid

my pog boyfriend posted:

this is a comedy website

Fine, then let bad jokes slide.

It's a "comedy website" when it suits their purposes. When someone makes a joke they don't like, sorry bout your account.

They say they don't probate or ban for jokes but they do.

If they're gonna censor then let people know for what.

No racist jokes? cool. No misogynist jokes,? Whatever. No gender slider jokes? Your rules. No "mod sass"? Bullshit but okay.

Just let people know.

CowboyKid fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CowboyKid posted:

It's a "comedy website" when it suits their purposes. When someone makes a joke they don't like, sorry bout your account.

No racist jokes? cool. No misogynist jokes,? Whatever. No gender slider jokes? Your rules. No "mod sass"? Bullshit but okay.

Just let people know.

I know, but won't tell u

pog boyfriend

CowboyKid posted:

Just let people know.

im not sure if you understood the meaning behind my post, but whatever... >_>

putin is a cunt

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

CowboyKid posted:

Just let people know.

shut the gently caress up you insufferable halfwit jesus christ almighty. we're talking about a 24 hour probation here, how could anyone possibly be so distressed at the thought of being off the SA forums for a single day

putin is a cunt

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Also merry Christmas to mods admins and gunky junket

CowboyKid

The Wizard of Poz posted:

shut the gently caress up you insufferable halfwit jesus christ almighty. we're talking about a 24 hour probation here, how could anyone possibly be so distressed at the thought of being off the SA forums for a single day

I'm not talking of any one specific instance, but getting a probation on football days is big for people who enjoy game day threads.

Keep slurping that mod cock though.

trying to jack off

poo poo Farm posted:

im happy for you

thank you. we're going to raise the kids fyad since they learn gbs at school anyway

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority

CowboyKid posted:

I'm not talking of any one specific instance, but getting a probation on football days is big for people who enjoy game day threads.

It's delicious.

jalopybrown

CowboyKid posted:

they should install irssi to discuss in realtime & join the sinister cabal

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Shine posted:

It's delicious.

But is it low carb?

Shine

glowing-fish posted:

But is it low carb?

I prefer the term "high protein."

CowboyKid

CowboyKid posted:

What's the point of this thread if suggestions and questions are mocked and ignored?

Tell us what "bad posts" are and why. Let people know what they can and cannot post.

Be consistent.

This is a website that people have paid for. If you complained to Netflix or some service and got a response of
"You're a bad customer " or "LoL u gay" it would be unacceptable.

Now because you are unpaid janitors doesn't mean you shouldn't try to make the place better, but explain why you ban somebody, not just "Bad Posting"

If you don't want people to use certain words, fine make rules and stand by them. Don't ban for jokes you don't find funny or posters who you disagree with or annoy you and your posting buddies.

I like reading the forums, but they used to be better.

Ready to be ignored and/or mocked.

Bout to head out but if Ralp or another mod could address this post without mockery I'd be impressed.

Merry Christmas Something Awful forum.

Shine

CowboyKid posted:

Bout to head out but if Ralp or another mod could address this post without mockery I'd be impressed.

Merry Christmas Something Awful forum.

Speaking factually and without a hint of sarcasm, you're a total bitch.

VideoGames
*writing up a huge gay care post, and puts smug face on*

"Ok chumps im off out now, if one of you guys could possibly respond to me while i pretend to be away itd help out my ego!"

Big Anime Fan Here

by XyloJW
drat, this thread is really bad without me

Earthy Ape Unit

by XyloJW

The Wizard of Poz posted:

Looks like you're the one that's riled up dude.

Think of the type of poster that comes into an internet forum thread about Mod-Feedback to white knight the mods over a 24 hour probation given under questionable circumstances.

Matoi Ryuko

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

drat, this thread is really bad without me

Hopefully they'll just talk themselves to death!

Matoi Ryuko

Err, I mean, uh Merry Christmas to all the staff here at Something Awful, including the huge amount of moderators and admins that are never mentioned in this thread!

pog boyfriend

i wish i was as cool as these gbs losers calling anyone who disagrees with them white knights that slurp mod cock... those guys are loving epic

defectivemonkey

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Err, I mean, uh Merry Christmas to all the staff here at Something Awful, including the huge amount of moderators and admins that are never mentioned in this thread!

Merry Christmas!

Probably Magic

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Looks like you're the one that's riled up dude.

Think of the type of poster that comes into an internet forum thread about Mod-Feedback to white knight the mods over a 24 hour probation given under questionable circumstances.

Think of the type of poster that bitches about a one-day probation for three days.

THE PENETRATOR

by Lowtax
ill slurp the mod cock if u give me plat

Earthy Ape Unit

by XyloJW

Probably Magic posted:

Think of the type of poster that bitches about a one-day probation for three days.

It's sort of implied that I think this isn't as bad as a white-knighter because a) why would I ask you to think about the white knighter? and b) it's me!

I dunno I kinda think if you're gonna pay for forum access and the mods are gonna arbitrarily probate people (in gameday threads, jesus) that it doesn't really add up.

Btw perhaps this one probation is indicative of a larger problem? I dunno just spitballing here but I'd love to hear more of your thoughts.

(especially in light of the OP which has been forgotten by many folks, including some mods)

Ralp posted:

If you have positive, negative, or neutral comments about the folks running the forums, here is a thread to post them. Please criticize constructively. If you are unable or unwilling to write your post without insulting or attacking someone (including normal forum users), please post in FYAD instead.

Surprisingly Dope

Lope burgs again
It's Christmas Eve.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Misandrist Wytch posted:

It's Christmas Eve.

I'm Jewish.

Surprisingly Dope

Lope burgs again
I had a recent bullshit probation as well, and it was a whole week too. Hoping to have my essay in it done by Christmas morning.

WHOOPS

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

It's sort of implied that I think this isn't as bad as a white-knighter because a) why would I ask you to think about the white knighter? and b) it's me!

I dunno I kinda think if you're gonna pay for forum access and the mods are gonna arbitrarily probate people (in gameday threads, jesus) that it doesn't really add up.

Btw perhaps this one probation is indicative of a larger problem? I dunno just spitballing here but I'd love to hear more of your thoughts.

(especially in light of the OP which has been forgotten by many folks, including some mods)

Can you share other examples this probation is indicative of? Cause by and large, modding on TFF has scaled back immensely following the 30 page drama in the last topic before the season started.

whoflungpoop

With you and the constellations
merry xmas to the mods and admins, thanks for putting up with our poo poo

jalopybrown
Merry christmas to the mods & admins who celebrate it
Happy holidays to the heathens
& while there's still time happy Hanukkah to kewpuh.

Booourns
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I think that it's funny the people posting in this thread are so angry at people the disagree with that they thought I was a Louisgod parachute

Big Anime Fan Here

by XyloJW
That's actually just a testament to your bad posting

lesbian baphomet

Booourns posted:

I think that it's funny the people posting in this thread are so angry at people the disagree with that they thought I was a Louisgod parachute

Merry Christmas, Louis God.

Plutonis

Booourns posted:

Provide evidence to the contrary hombre

Rannos22

Everything's the same as it always is.

Booourns posted:

No that's jewigi.

pog boyfriend

qnqnx

ChickenOfTomorrow

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Booourns posted:

whereas everyone knows you're an abe sockpuppet

El Spider

CowboyKid posted:

What's the point of this thread if suggestions and questions are mocked and ignored?

Tell us what "bad posts" are and why. Let people know what they can and cannot post.

Be consistent.

This is a website that people have paid for. If you complained to Netflix or some service and got a response of

Now because you are unpaid janitors doesn't mean you shouldn't try to make the place better, but explain why you ban somebody, not just "Bad Posting"

If you don't want people to use certain words, fine make rules and stand by them. Don't ban for jokes you don't find funny or posters who you disagree with or annoy you and your posting buddies.

it came when there was a lot of activity in qcs while a number of bad mods were being rooted out since new threads were made about a mod fairly often. a couple of GBS posters picked up the techniques previously used and now debate stupid poo poo nobody gives a crap about, because they want justice for a day probation instead of trying to get the pedophile copypasta mod removed or asking why gunky junket, valeyard, and tehloki aren't probated for 100,000 hours

Fat Lowtax

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Merry Christmas Ganky Jucket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau

CowboyKid posted:

If you're still curious about what constitutes a "bad post", I found a good example. hth.

CowboyKid posted:

Be consistent.

• Locked thread