Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

McNally for good person and good mod in the upcoming 2016 season 4. The copchat changes are probably a good move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't know the specifics but one of the mods was dishing out insanely bad advice to mentally unwell people.
Reminds me of that guy who used to mod TCC.

Guy posted:

My n***** have you tried LSD?
To Sunburnt Aphid, a heroin addict goon who is probably very dead now.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't know the specifics but one of the mods was dishing out insanely bad advice to mentally unwell people.

Was it the one where some guy started a thread about trying to fix his life and finances, where it turned out he had various mental issues, and toward the end he admitted to having recently thrown his maybe autistic (step?) son across the room or something similar, and former mod Bobbie Whickham (sp?), rather than banning him, just said "get therapy, we'll support you?" I think she had done some other stuff and that was just the trigger for her getting de-modded. I don't remember the details all that well clearly :v:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Buttcoin purse posted:

Was it the one where some guy started a thread about trying to fix his life and finances, where it turned out he had various mental issues, and toward the end he admitted to having recently thrown his maybe autistic (step?) son across the room or something similar, and former mod Bobbie Whickham (sp?), rather than banning him, just said "get therapy, we'll support you?" I think she had done some other stuff and that was just the trigger for her getting de-modded. I don't remember the details all that well clearly :v:

There was also her probating anyone who tried to speak up and say "hey, maybe enabling child abuse isn't cool". And the get therapy was just get couples therapy, she basically ignored the child abuse poo poo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Buttcoin purse posted:

Close enough, yeah.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Buttcoin purse posted:

Also, for the longest time, the Fabgoon and Troons threads were in E/N. Which makes sense, since we often gave advice to people questioning/struggling with their sexuality or gender identity. But Bobbie had always been a lovely mod for the LGBT+ community, and it blew over when one of the goons started being extremely creepy on the Fabgoons discord, posting bestiality, grooming people, etc. So he got banned from that, set up his own discord server, and then posted a link in the Fabgoons thread, pretending it was the "official" discord server. When people warned others about him (just imagine a baby gay coming to the E/N thread with questions, and then ending up in that sex-pest's private discord!), Bobbie blew a gasket about off-site drama, and how "you people" constantly cause problems, and she just chain probated everyone who didn't agree with her. But NOT the creep we warned people about. And so the Fabgoon and the Troons threads were moved to CCCC, where we're kinda hard to find but at least we no longer had a homophobic/transphobic mod.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1204728905766227969

After the election tomorrow they need to send all the Labour media people over here because these are exactly what is needed for 2020

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Jersey Shooting:

quote:

Three sources say Anderson was a one-time follower of the group, the Black Hebrew Israelite movement. There was a note with religious writings in the U-Haul he and Graham allegedly drove to the scene. Officials also said there were online postings connected to Anderson's social page with anti-police and anti-Jewish writings. Investigators are looking to see if Anderson himself posted that material.

:wtc:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Smiling Jack posted:

Jersey Shooting:

Wait what?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Current Event: My goldendoodle nabbed a pork chop bone off the counter after dinner last night and when I went to grab it from her she growled at me.

Well, she cleared her throat at me, sort of. I think she was as confused as I was. I forgave her obviously, but she shouldn't be counter-cruising and she shouldn't be eating cooked pork chop bones.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

That Works posted:

Wait what?

yeah this is getting :tinfoil:

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 11, 2019

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Smiling Jack posted:

Jersey Shooting:

Oh holy poo poo those guys? I thought they just yelled at people on the sidewalk.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

BigDave posted:

Oh holy poo poo those guys? I thought they just yelled at people on the sidewalk.

That's them! They aren't known for violence or anti-Semitism, although I suppose there's always the extreme fringe element.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I missed out on the FYAD drama until just now, and I don't really feel like there's any point in "reading up" on it, but the fact that it resulted in like five full pages, or 300 reports just from QCS, is hilarious

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nick Soapdish posted:

After the election tomorrow they need to send all the Labour media people over here because these are exactly what is needed for 2020

"this tax cut is going to cost about 7 billion pounds. That's going to be paid for by cuts, isn't it?"

We're just a chip off the ol' block, then.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Smiling Jack posted:

Jersey Shooting:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

those guys

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

those guys

Various black supremacist groups have had tenuous ties to recent violence (Dallas, Baton Rouge) but it's unusual. Wouldn't be surprised if this guy was a ex-member who left because they weren't extreme enough for him.

Most of these violent incidents are usually losers who latch on to an extremist ideology (nazis etc) as an excuse to act violent and live out a deranged fantasy where they're the hero.

The scary ones are the Timothy McVeigh / Anders Breivek types who are smart, calculated, and play a long game as opposed to the "just snapped and started shooting" Dylan Root / Eric Frein / Micah Johnson types.

Then you have your "gently caress it no motive" Vegas / Sandy Hook shooters.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 11, 2019

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Also, man, gently caress the internet. Studying these groups used to be "ok, this guy is a white supremacist, these guys think white people were made in a lab by a mad scientist, ok this wack job just hates taxes and is a sovcit" but now you need a PhD in internet memes and crazy poo poo to sort it all out. The internet let all these varied wacko theories intermingle and now you have random taxi drivers quoting Moorish Law and SovCit doctrine after running red lights and active shooters livestreaming to 8chan or whatever.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

bulletsponge13 posted:

Gonna call it now- bet the cops killed at least half, and all the civilians.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I don't have confirmation on this yet but it looks like they killed the first cop, broke contact, drove to the Jewish deli and opened fire on the deli from the street.

Initial reporting is always error prone, more due to confusion than malice. I imagine there is video.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Instagram had or had it. There's a stack of officers, advancing up a street telling people to get out the way.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Syrian Lannister posted:

Instagram had or had it. There's a stack of officers, advancing up a street telling people to get out the way.

Yes, there is a lot of video of the response, I mean like security cam footage of what happened before and at the initial gunfight at the deli. Video I've seen it looks like one or two random patrol cops getting shot at in the street before the subsequent overwhelming response.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The group of armed civilians advancing down the street did not look much like an organized police response. What a hosed up situation.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 11, 2019

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Fallom posted:

The group of armed civilians advancing down the street did not look much different than a scared right wing militia.
right wing militias are not known for heading towards danger

personally I know when a shots fired call comes over i think "man I better go back to base and change outfits so I don't look bad on the internet" as opposed to "make sure your shield is showing, let's loving go"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

right wing militias are not known for heading towards danger

I changed what I meant but yeah it does work in their favor that nobody actually expects right wingers to boldly take to the streets like they keep insisting they will.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Twitter is the streets.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Fallom posted:

I changed what I meant but yeah it does work in their favor that nobody actually expects right wingers to boldly take to the streets like they keep insisting they will.

Organized responses are very difficult in most jurisdictions as everyone has different frequencies and are from different organizations , and also, poo poo moves fast, and it's hard to communicate whats going on.

"Get in a line and advance towards the gunfire" is about as good as it's gonna get until ESU and some sort of command shows up.

Edit: "move towards the gunfire, plainclothes clear the scene if you can" is your basic active shooter SOP for just about everyone

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

They've definitely had very clear, very direct advertising that the Democrats should absolutely do their best to copy wholesale.

I just hope it works :ohdear:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I missed out on the FYAD drama until just now, and I don't really feel like there's any point in "reading up" on it, but the fact that it resulted in like five full pages, or 300 reports just from QCS, is hilarious

The level of forums drama over FYAD is absolutely hillarious, as are the calls for special treatment and ban requests. Seems like people are coming apart at the seams.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

perma ban everyone with a negative post count, its the only way to be sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnHmUk_J6xQ&t=26s

lowtax: hold on one second, this forum has a significant dollar value attached to it

PookBear fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 11, 2019

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

perma ban everyone with a negative post count, its the only way to be sure

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

13 permas so far lol, if they clip arfjason that shitlord will not be missed

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can’t believe Lowtax really did delete FYAD at midnight

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

The level of forums drama over FYAD is absolutely hillarious, as are the calls for special treatment and ban requests. Seems like people are coming apart at the seams.

Okay, I'm genuinely curious now: were there really THAT many fyad goons that are now all complaining and eating probations/bans, or is it people making GBS threads on each other in QCS that are contributing to that number?

Or - bonus guess - are people in QCS coming out of the woodwork to defend ~freedom of speech~ or something?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
you guys ready to dominate the new warfighting domain of space???

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1204825652836347905

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, I'm genuinely curious now: were there really THAT many fyad goons that are now all complaining and eating probations/bans, or is it people making GBS threads on each other in QCS that are contributing to that number?

Or - bonus guess - are people in QCS coming out of the woodwork to defend ~freedom of speech~ or something?

It's all fyad alts.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

you guys ready to dominate the new warfighting domain of space???

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1204825652836347905

Isn't space explicitly NOT a warfighting domain?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Remember the legend of the goons in the well. The whole thing could have probably gotten glossed over without much drama but FYAD goons clown carred into QCS and started raising hell, and then lovely terrible GBS posters also came out of the woodwork and pretended to be FYAD posters (even though FYAD mods told them to gently caress off via repeated chain probations). and now its looking like all of FYAD is banned and has 30 day probations as well, and some permabans for super egregious shitheads, as well as a big swath of stupid rear end GBS posters.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Immanentized posted:

SPACE FORCE

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

orange juche posted:

Remember the legend of the goons in the well. The whole thing could have probably gotten glossed over without much drama but FYAD goons clown carred into QCS and started raising hell, and then lovely terrible GBS posters also came out of the woodwork and pretended to be FYAD posters (even though FYAD mods told them to gently caress off via repeated chain probations). and now its looking like all of FYAD is banned and has 30 day probations as well, and some permabans for super egregious shitheads, as well as a big swath of stupid rear end GBS posters.

Doesn’t FYAD have a nice large following like like 27 people these days?

How does such a small minority of lovely people on this forum ruin it for everyohhhhhhhh it’s an allegory for America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Immanentized posted:

Are you even American if you don't love ripping up international treaties?