Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

: Get a human character to 99 strength and agility
: Get a mutant character to 99 mana (PLATINUM)
: Beat the game

Wrapped it up! There was definitely a lot of jank and grind, but all-in-all a pretty neat game! Killing God with a chainsaw is an all-timer, for sure. As sketchy as it was, I dig the plot. This was my first SaGa game and I think I'm definitely going to need to check out more. Great pick!

Also, I ran into the "mutant stuck at 98 mana" issue. Does using the shoe to get that last point count for the trophy? I'm not willing to grind for it, so I'll happily take the L if not.

edit: Seems like the shoes are allowed (given subsequent posts), so I went ahead and gave myself the trophy. If it turns out this isn't kosher, I will accept my punishment.

hamsauce666 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

i sawed the demons. i was kinda' worried about the end run with reclimbing the tower taking forever, but it went pretty quick!

turn off signatures

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

very mature

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

time for the next roll

The next short game pick goes to #3, grieving for Gandalf! Congrats and let me know your game/trophy choices when you can!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

: Collect two spheres

this did not convince me to like turn-based RPGs. the random encounter rate was really frustrating when youre just trying to figure out a puzzle, and the 4th world was annoying as hell. i did like the different mechanics for levelling up the characters and the story was brisk so I'm not totally down on the game, i was just really done with it by the end.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

turn off signatures

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE

: Enter the tower for the first time

: Collect two spheres

i doubt i'm going to get the final trophy bc i am having a bad time with this

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

hamsauce666 posted:

Killing God with a chainsaw is an all-timer, for sure.

I thought that was only a thing in the GB version and thus my fight with God was a slugfest across multiple tries until he did not cast Rebirth.

This is why IZ needs flags.

This sig under renovation

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

: Win your first battle

Tonesy
Apr 15, 2004

QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE QUAGSIRE

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 3-7

Super Strike Eagle (SNES) - 1993 - Deadline 2/14/24 11:59EST

It it's realistic flight simulation you're looking for, Super Strike Eagle is sure to blow you away! And blow your enemies away, too! In astonishing 3-D flight, you'll deliver staggering doses of firepower in vicious dogfights! You'll devastate chemical warfare plants and strategic targets! And you'll fly scores of dangerous missions through several war theaters! Of course, your opponents are well-equipped, too. But with one of America's most advanced jet fighters at your disposal, you're certain to give them a warm reception!

Super Strike Eagle is an arcade-style combat flight simulator developed by Microprose, and later released in Japan as F-15 Super Strike Eagle. As a pilot flying for the United Nations, your sole objective is to bring various governments around the world back into cooperation with the UN. Each combat zone is divided into a day level and a night level; day levels are considered to be an introduction while the night levels are considered to be the coup de grâce and allow the player to finish of the last of the dictator's defenses.

soundtrack by Scott Patterson & Jeffery L. Briggs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Cheated Death Again! (Land at HQ safely)
: Beat Libya Day and Night
: Beat Gulf War Day and Night
: Beat Korea Day and Night
: Beat Cuba Day and Night
: Beat the Bonus Stage*
     *(code: G 6 C H 4 2 2 8)

:siren:Game starts 2/8/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to grieving for Gandalf for the game/trophy picks & for helping out with the trophy images, and good luck imps!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Hell yeah, I remember this game being cool

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Oh sick, I’ve been meaning to play this one for a while now

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

quote:

your sole objective is to bring various governments around the world back into cooperation with the UN
:patriot:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

oh yeah also this is the japanese cover lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol hell yeah

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I vaguely remember being real bad at this game as a kid.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Sub-Actuality posted:

downloading the japanese rom

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cowgirl up

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol I've never seen that Japanese cover. they must have really wanted to play up the "America" angle

I had this game as a wee lad and was very proud of myself for learning how to land again. I'm excited to figure it out again and actually make progress in it this time rather than play the tutorial over and over again because I didn't understand how passwords worked

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is this different than UN Squadron or something. were there multiple games about dropping precision bombs to make people join the UN on SNES.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

In Training posted:

is this different than UN Squadron or something. were there multiple games about dropping precision bombs to make people join the UN on SNES.

UN Squadron was a side-scrolling shooter.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Pilot Wings is also about this.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

UN Squadron was a weird localization of a game based on the anime Area 88.

I'm 90% sure I rented this as a kid but I can't remember anything. Looking forward to giving it a try.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

soundtrack by Scott Patterson & Jeffery L. Briggs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E

lol

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

: Unlock Weapons

losing a lot of arena duels now, I think i'm going to have to redesign a few of my guys soon. I think they're too small and it's stunting their stats too much.