Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Diablo 3 on controller was way more fun than any Diablo ever has been or will be, because they turned the doge roll into a cooldown in 4 lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I dislike the term "permadeath".

Death is already permanent. Kind of by definition. It is in fact the most permanent thing.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Sapozhnik posted:

Death is already permanent. Kind of by definition. It is in fact the most permanent thing.

Anything is possible in the world of video games

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Sapozhnik posted:

People die when they're killed.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

P-p-premium... currencies... :ohdear:

No actually. Yeah they have a currency to buy cosmetics/stash tabs currency but I was talking about https://poe.ninja/economy/necropolis/currency. Auto pick up for currency? No gently caress you. Well okay sure but only for console players (also I think the Chinese version has it) Bigger stacks to make trading easier? No gently caress you. Crafting? Oh you bet it's a bunch of clicks. Click click click click click.

edit: To be clear they do the bullshit real money = digital currency = oh look at that you have weird increments left over of the digital currency don't want to give anyone the wrong idea that Path of Exile isn't still f2p trash. It's just less trash than most.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 23, 2024

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

permadeath is usually just an excuse to make a game 90 minutes long

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Jesus came back from the dead, only took him three days.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Speaking of, why are people doing iron-man runs of games, especially game series? Would've that be incredibly tedious and frustrating?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Outpost22 posted:

Speaking of, why are people doing iron-man runs of games, especially game series? Would've that be incredibly tedious and frustrating?

Streamers are desperate for content. Particularly if you've been poopsocking the same game for several years already.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

continuously trapped in a single video game to pay your rent because its the streaming niche you've set yourself in, slowly turning yourself insane as you try to fall asleep and the sound effects are drilled into your brain endlessly, mumbling "thanks for the sub" continuously throughout the night, waking up to the bright morning sun shining in your eyes as you slink down into the basement streaming room with the purple lights on the wall behind you wondering if you should go to trade school or something

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

People die when they're killed.

Ubisoft loading screen tips

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
dota 3 came out today

its mad poo poo

yeeaaaaaaah boooooooi

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Caesar Saladin posted:

continuously trapped in a single video game to pay your rent because its the streaming niche you've set yourself in, slowly turning yourself insane as you try to fall asleep and the sound effects are drilled into your brain endlessly, mumbling "thanks for the sub" continuously throughout the night, waking up to the bright morning sun shining in your eyes as you slink down into the basement streaming room with the purple lights on the wall behind you wondering if you should go to trade school or something

somethimes I think about the guy who ran Ninja Gaiden over 10000 times

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

somethimes I think about the guy who ran Ninja Gaiden over 10000 times

Arcus

And he's still playing it and streaming it 8 hours per day

And he gets 500+ concurrent viewers

And the number is closer to 80,000 runs

And he's still a full 2 seconds off the world record

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Arcus

guantanamo bay poo poo.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Arcus

Is he trying to deal with a tough divorce or something?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

dota 3 came out today

its mad poo poo

yeeaaaaaaah boooooooi

3? Impossible; it's owned by Valve.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

Its DotA 2-Some inscrutable patch number so they're keeping the tradition alive.

Its basically an overhaul of the characters so they now have innate passives and two different loadouts, so it feels like they finally decided to lift some concepts for League of Legends

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

DontMockMySmock posted:

Yea, it's just a patch. It's like the Stellaris people crowing about 2.0 and 3.0 because they've been drinking the koolaid for so long that their frontal lobes have long since withered -- but not their wallets!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Barudak posted:

Its DotA 2-Some inscrutable patch number so they're keeping the tradition alive.

Its basically an overhaul of the characters so they now have innate passives and two different loadouts, so it feels like they finally decided to lift some concepts for League of Legends

yeah little things like AA or Shadow Demon or Grimstroke getting tiny innate bonuses to their right clicks feels very League, that and obviously the passives for everyone

patch owns, can't wait to play game later

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Serephina posted:

Yea, it's just a patch. It's like the Stellaris people crowing about 2.0 and 3.0 because they've been drinking the koolaid for so long that their frontal lobes have long since withered -- but not their wallets!

Just an atrophied vestigial body clutching a fat, shiny wallet in its clawlike little hand

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
FF12 feels huge but also very cramped (as with most ps2 rpgs like rogue galaxy) which triggers so much anxiety in my butt

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sapozhnik posted:

In most games death is not permanent, thus the distinction

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Living the dream

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

QuarkJets posted:

In most games death is not permanent, thus the distinction

If you die in the game, you die for real

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
edit: wrong thread

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Diablo 4's obsession with edgy blood and guts and supergrimdark suffering is what put the nail in the coffin for me. It got so bad it felt like a parody at times. Like, even loot containers were human bodies fused into some hellish flesh nightmares ffs. Diablo 3s cartoony style was way better.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

GyverMac posted:

Diablo 4's obsession with edgy blood and guts and supergrimdark suffering is what put the nail in the coffin for me. It got so bad it felt like a parody at times. Like, even loot containers were human bodies fused into some hellish flesh nightmares ffs. Diablo 3s cartoony style was way better.

no suitable waifus huh

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Caesar Saladin posted:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Arcus

This intrigued me so I looked him up. There he is, five hours into a stream, quietly staring dead into the screen while he does this thing where he fights a boss for about two seconds, then reloads goes into the boss room, fights it for two seconds, then reloads... I watched him do this about ten times before he did something different enough that I realized it wasn't just on a loop. Then he did mumble, into his cup of water, "something something something thanks for the sub"

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

SeenYourPoopypants posted:

If you die in the game, you die for real

When will game devs finally make a game where if you die in real life, you then die in the game

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

ymgve posted:

When will game devs finally make a game where if you die in real life, you then die in the game

Tamogachis came out decades ago

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ymgve posted:

nintendogs, where if you die in real life your nintendog's living space is no longer regularly cleaned and it's covered in its own poo poo

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I think Fable 3 had some mechanic where you earned money by being a landlord while you weren't playing the game.

I'd say it would be interesting to boot up Fable 3 well over a decade after I played it and see how much money I have but I don't own a copy and infinite money couldn't possibly make Fable 3 interesting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Quote-Unquote posted:

I think Fable 3 had some mechanic where you earned money by being a landlord while you weren't playing the game.

I'd say it would be interesting to boot up Fable 3 well over a decade after I played it and see how much money I have but I don't own a copy and infinite money couldn't possibly make Fable 3 interesting.

It's on Game Pass. Likely need to enable cloud saving if it's not already there.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What an experiment, enable cloud saving now, and then in 15 years if GamesPass is still around and kept your saves, see if a bad game is more fun making activities in it feel even less rewarding. Might be another way to get infinite money in fallout 3 but you might have to hit tilde on the keyboard and like add.item 000001f 9999999

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

credburn posted:

This intrigued me so I looked him up. There he is, five hours into a stream, quietly staring dead into the screen while he does this thing where he fights a boss for about two seconds, then reloads goes into the boss room, fights it for two seconds, then reloads... I watched him do this about ten times before he did something different enough that I realized it wasn't just on a loop. Then he did mumble, into his cup of water, "something something something thanks for the sub"

I just looked him up too and its important to say that he's trapped himself in some kind of gimmick where he's dressed as a cowboy, one of the most depressing things I've seen.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Streaming sounds dark at pretty much all levels, either no one gives a poo poo about you as you try and fail to turn being bad at video games into a career or you succeed at turning it into a career and now your full-time job is trying to please a bunch of lifeless assholes who will stalk you irl and send you death threats because you didn't want to play Hogwarts Legacy

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kill all gamers

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

QuarkJets posted:

Streaming sounds dark at pretty much all levels, either no one gives a poo poo about you as you try and fail to turn being bad at video games into a career or you succeed at turning it into a career and now your full-time job is trying to please a bunch of lifeless assholes who will stalk you irl and send you death threats because you didn't want to play Hogwarts Legacy

Or because you did play Hogwarts Legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i stream all my dota games, usually only average about 5 viewers , it's pretty wholesome though not gonna lie, you build up enough of a friend group playing dota that people will actually come watch and I have a few people I might dare feel big headed enough to refer to as my "fans"

side note, 2 of my dota friends said separately to me this week: "you have the biggest heart of anyone we play with" and "you are the nicest person in this gaming group"

made me smile

have a nice weekend grumpy gaming guys, i'm going to play so much weed and smoke so much dota