Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Solice Kirsk posted:

If it was in another spot sure, but the bottom of your foot? Its like stepping on a nail.

If it's something that's gonna require stitches, it's best to leave it in.

It will slow, if not outright stop the bleeding, and will help prevent infection. (Keeping it in means you don't have a gaping hole open to the elements.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Some son-of-a-slumlord frat boy at the University of Michigan called an Uber driver "a little human being" on camera, and it is playing out as expected

See: http://www.michiganreview.com/5820-2/

or go to jakecroman.com, which I can't get to hyperlink properly

china bot has a new favorite as of 21:07 on Mar 28, 2016

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dumb parents ruin easter egg hunt at the Pez visitors centre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOUJtdWgrvA

I'll bet those aren't even parents of the children present but crazed Pez collectors afraid they'ed miss out and eBay resellers looking to cash in; nothing bring out the worst in people like arbitrage.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

china bot posted:

Some son-of-a-slumlord frat boy at the University of Michigan called an Uber driver "a little human being" on camera, and it is playing out as expected

See: http://www.michiganreview.com/5820-2/

or go to jakecroman.com, which I can't get to hyperlink properly

Unfortunately, I feel like the schaudenfraude will be on us soon. I just have a feeling that his daddy will throw more money at this scenario and all will be forgotten.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Professor of Cats posted:

Unfortunately, I feel like the schaudenfraude will be on us soon. I just have a feeling that his daddy will throw more money at this scenario and all will be forgotten.

He can't be held accountable for his actions - clearly he has a bad case of affluenza.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

B-B-BARREL ROLLLLLL

The all-new, redesigned Keya Sole :v:

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Ozz81 posted:

The all-new, redesigned Keya Sole :v:

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

half life 3 looking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuBF0ErWIhQ&t=510s

ringu0 has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Mar 28, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

GORDON! GET AWAY FROM THE BEAMS!

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

"In the event of a life-threatening electric malfunction and potential cascade failure, bring a fire extinguisher close without using it, yell on the phone, and pack snow on an electrical fire with your bare hands." -a russian safety manual, probably

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

And More posted:

What if you're this guy?

Pretty sure that dude is dead, and the metal in him is the only thing keeping him upright.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bushmaori posted:

Pretty sure that dude is dead, and the metal in him is the only thing keeping him upright.

He's more metal than man

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
we can rebuild him. we have shitloads of knives.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dex posted:

we can rebuild him. we have shitloads of knives.

It works in Berserk.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

That's some quality antiquing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I ain't even mad.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

RONCO Instant Kabuki!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Flour is amazingly flammable and hair dryers get very hot so I think she lucked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49r9wFkDgo

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
It could also be baking soda, assuming the prankers aren't stupid as poo poo.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Parts Kit posted:

It could also be baking soda, assuming the prankers aren't stupid as poo poo.

Given that the average intelligence in this thread is easily 2x the intelligence of the average prankster, and goons are dumb as poo poo, odds are its flour.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Would hair dryers get hot enough to make a fuel air bomb? I thought you needed at least a flame to get one going.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I was going to guess baby powder.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Subjunctive posted:

I was going to guess baby powder.

+1 as neither flour or baking soda are usually in the bathtoom. Oh wait, goons

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Pingiivi posted:

Here's a lion that a Swedish king had done in 1731:

The taxidermist had no idea what it was supposed to look like and used the lion in the Swedish coat of arms as a reference.

That is some serious uncanny valley poo poo. A lion with the :iamafag: face of a human.

Solice Kirsk posted:

If it was in another spot sure, but the bottom of your foot? Its like stepping on a nail.

:wtc:Yeah, a flat nail with two jagged edges, just yank that poo poo right on out it's not like the sole of the human foot is a rube goldberg-esque shitshow of vestigial yet still distinct muscles layered with a crazy quilt of tendons, serious nerve junctions, and significant bloodflow. If you had this happen and it was a matter of life or death that you continue to be able move, obviously you should take it out and try to bandage it as well as you can, but if there's any way you can get to medical help you really, really should.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CharlieWhiskey posted:

+1 as neither flour or baking soda are usually in the bathtoom. Oh wait, goons

I brush my teeth with baking soda. Just dip the tooth brush in there wet, a little tooth paste on the top. You got yourself a clean rear end mouth and shiny teeth.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

I just don't think I have it in me for a prank/baking soda vs flour/etc derail. :smith:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Would hair dryers get hot enough to make a fuel air bomb? I thought you needed at least a flame to get one going.

You don't need a flame to set off a dust explosion. A spark is enough to ignite it or something like, say, a heating element.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

LonsomeSon posted:

That is some serious uncanny valley poo poo.
I don't think you understand what uncanny valley is.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

I brush my teeth with baking soda. Just dip the tooth brush in there wet, a little tooth paste on the top. You got yourself a clean rear end mouth and shiny teeth.

Nothing like a clean rear end mouth!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Flour is amazingly flammable and hair dryers get very hot so I think she lucked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49r9wFkDgo

aren't you suppose to use flour for grease fires? Since water makes it go woosh?

NM I googled it and you are definitely not suppose to put flour on a grease fire. Glad I have never had a grease fire.

snergle has a new favorite as of 05:01 on Mar 29, 2016

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

snergle posted:

aren't you suppose to use flour for grease fires? Since water makes it go woosh?

NM I googled it and you are definitely not suppose to put flour on a grease fire. Glad I have never had a grease fire.

But then you could have filmed it, and starred in the thread!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

seaborgium posted:

But then you could have filmed it, and starred in the thread!

If you throw flour on a grease fire, don't you get a dark roux?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bushmaori posted:

Box art for Operation: Victorian Edition

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 05:31 on Mar 29, 2016

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ozz81 posted:

Box art for Operation: Victorian Edition

And pretty close to the truth too! Wounded Man illustrations were common in early medical texts as a way to showcase various aliments and the ways to treat them.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
I like how the hands on most of those are fairly accurate, and then the feet are on par with a kindergartener.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Feet are hard, just ask rob liefeld.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A 15 year old sprinter just won the Stawell Gift, one of the oldest and most famous annual racing events in Australia. She actually beat her previous personal best by almost a second so the race organisers fined her $2000.

quote:

"When she got here, she ran seven metres quicker than in Ararat which is more than most runners improve in a lifetime," Marantelli said.

"In our sport that is called improvement of extreme range. Extreme range stops at four metres so she was well off the chart for improvement in a short space of time."

Marantelli said Martin's father and coach, Peter O'Dwyer, admitted Martin had done the wrong thing and appealed the severity of the $2000 fine but not the verdict. The appeals panel reduced the fine from $2000 to $500 but also imposed a fine of the first $1500 of any prizemoney she might win.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/athletics/stawell-gift-2016-isaac-dunmall-and-talia-martin-win-gift-20160328-gnscxr

Sports is fuckin' weird, man.

(Technical explanation: the runners at the Stawell Gift are given a handicap based on their previous personal best times. Talia was given a 13m handicap but it now seems that she and her coach deliberately gimped her previous race times and she should have only been given an 8m handicap. There's a $40,000 prize for winning and there was also heavy betting on the race so now there's a whole bunch of articles in the papers about how this 15 year old kid is a scheming mastermind who brought Australia's most prestigious foot race into disrepute.)

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't think you understand what uncanny valley is.

Wow, holy poo poo. I have explained that term incorrectly to many people over the last several years, somehow having come to believe it applied broadly to basically everything instead of computer-generated poo poo. I frequently wake up from dreams with the same sort of unease associated with the actual phenomenon so I guess I just assumed many people have the same thing, at least occasionally.

I guess the schadenfreude is me, and I refuse to give it up so one of you is going to have to kill me in order to get it, next time you gently caress something up. I'll be waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

LonsomeSon posted:

Wow, holy poo poo. I have explained that term incorrectly to many people over the last several years, somehow having come to believe it applied broadly to basically everything instead of computer-generated poo poo. I frequently wake up from dreams with the same sort of unease associated with the actual phenomenon so I guess I just assumed many people have the same thing, at least occasionally.

I guess the schadenfreude is me, and I refuse to give it up so one of you is going to have to kill me in order to get it, next time you gently caress something up. I'll be waiting.
It's not just computer-generated stuff - dolls, for example, or ventriloquist dummies, can easily be subject to it - but it is pretty much specific to imitations of the human form.