Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

2 seek and 18 power is prob more than you need, I'd cut two power for real cards if you have any worth playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
The seeks were good and cool for fixing, I like them. But I did lose a couple games to flood too, so you're right on that count. May give that a try.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

yeah to clarify, seek is a great fixer and I use them to replace power in limited decks

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

This is the Skycraggro I've been running. Only one Censari Bridgand because it's all I have and I wanted to test it out before I committed to making more. The berserk plan has never worked out for me, but the nightfall card draw is gas enough to be worth it. The merchants are fine even without swapping anything into/out of the market and give a bit of flexibility to pull out Firemaw against ground stall or Obliterate to finish a game. Bore has come in handy against a couple of permafrost-happy feln decks too. I've never had occasion to pull out Mindfire and Quota, though.

code:
4 Longbarrel (Set4 #5)
4 Oni Ronin (Set1 #13)
4 Permafrost (Set1 #193)
4 Pyroknight (Set1 #16)
4 Snowcrust Yeti (Set2 #105)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Champion of Fury (Set2 #187)
4 Dusk Raider (Set4 #153)
4 Rakano Outlaw (Set1 #20)
2 Rockslide (Set2 #189)
1 Censari Brigand (Set1 #34)
4 Ixtun Merchant (Set4 #21)
4 Shogun's Scepter (Set1 #26)
3 Vadius, Clan Father (Set2 #191)
9 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
4 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
4 Seat of Fury (Set0 #53)
4 Skycrag Banner (Set2 #186)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)
--------------MARKET---------------
1 Bore (Set1003 #1)
1 Mindfire (Set4 #6)
1 Factory Quota (Set4 #17)
1 Crimson Firemaw (Set1002 #3)
1 Obliterate (Set1 #48)

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Anyone have experience playing the Kennadins deck? I've come up against it a couple of times and it gets really nasty when it gets rolling.

Basically I'm tired of playing Icaria. Two of my buddies hit masters with that Rakano Valkyries deck but I just went from Diamond3 98/100 to 00/100 in the last 24 hours with it. I need to change it up and don't feel like playing Praxis Tokens either.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I've been playing Kennadins this month, been doing ok with it but only logged about 30 or so games in ranked so far.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's very much a high roll deck and you usually win by copying your opponents big unit. Which also makes Icaria pretty problematic to deal with.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

I finally have a bomb in Ashara: https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/Hv4R09QczyM/season-21-week-3-pool

Still Argenport here? Time got a curator and an Initiate, Fire got Ronin and some Grenadin, Shadow got Ashara and a Magus. Basically nothing for Primal or Justice though (maaaybe a Permafrost)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

bamhand posted:

It's very much a high roll deck and you usually win by copying your opponents big unit. Which also makes Icaria pretty problematic to deal with.

The build I'm on has Unstable Form which is nice for popping aegis and dumping to merchants.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
SirRhino and LightsOutAce had a little friendly showdown stream where they both built decks based on a banlist, and one of the resulting lists is really cool IMO: Deadliest Coach

I recommend checking it out. It's not too expensive to build, the only legendaries are 4x BSH and 3x Shadowlands Tyrant, and lots of people should already have the full set of BSH.

I don't think it's ever going to be a tier 1 or even 2 deck, but it's so much fun to play a Coach Driver and immediately attack with Whispering Wind to discard a 5 cost, thus drawing a BSH that gets Deadly. Deadly Shadowlands Tyrant and Deadly Yetipult are also great.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
That's really cool. We have some very creative deckbuilders playing Eternal for sure; LoA is an extremely smart dude

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
That deadly coach deck is really fun.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I have no idea what I'm doing in sealed, so I'm asking all of you for some help. I'm 0-3 so far with various brews. I'm having trouble understanding how to put together something coherent with this stack: https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/pYYtRo-O5zo/league-pool

All suggestions welcome!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

interrodactyl posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing in sealed, so I'm asking all of you for some help. I'm 0-3 so far with various brews. I'm having trouble understanding how to put together something coherent with this stack: https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/pYYtRo-O5zo/league-pool

All suggestions welcome!

Generic suggestions: go through each color, noting what your absolute best cards are.
Then go through and see where your removal is, especially your splashable removable.
Then go through and see what colors have 10+ cards you'd be comfortable playing in a color.

Sealed games are just about the slowest game there is, so cheap, non-evasive agro creatures tend to be worse then usual, while fliers and big dumb ground creatures tend to be better, and all removal is premium.

Your pool looks to be missing bombs and any expensive high end ground pounders, and is focused on cheap agro stuff and a bunch of weapons, so I'd probably go R/G and splash in time for sand viper / 2x desert marshal, magus and armourer. Blue gives you changeestik, cobalt acolyte, mortar and bring down, so that's also a possibility.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
This deck is real dumb and I don't recommend playing it if you like winning. That said I had a game where i was at 10 life and opponent was going to draw a 32/32 overwhelm killer unit next turn. I promptly played out my entire deck of 50 cards and gained 60 life in one turn. Then I died of course because I decked myself.

4 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
4 Sanctuary Priest (Set1 #73)
4 Blistersting Wasp (Set2 #202)
4 Cull the Deck (Set4 #202)
4 Devour (Set1 #261)
4 Temple Scribe (Set1 #502)
4 Auralian Merchant (Set4 #70)
4 Ayan, the Abductor (Set2 #204)
2 Lunar Magus (Set3 #69)
3 Beckoning Lumen (Set2 #59)
2 Katra, the Devoted (Set2 #208)
1 Lumen Reclaimer (Set3 #80)
3 Mask of Torment (Set2 #212)
3 Talir, Who Sees Beyond (Set1 #124)
6 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
4 Amber Waystone (Set3 #51)
7 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Crest of Mystery (Set4 #266)
4 Seat of Mystery (Set0 #61)
4 Xenan Banner (Set2 #201)
1 Banish (Set2 #207)
1 Katra, the Devoted (Set2 #208)
1 Mask of Torment (Set2 #212)
1 Vodakhan, Temple Speaker (Set1 #347)
1 Talir, Who Sees Beyond (Set1 #124)

bamhand fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 17, 2018

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

This sealed event is weird. With the latest pack, I went from JSP to literally Argentport with a minor splash for a linebreakers shield and about half a dozen weapons. Doing good though, going 6-4 just today with the new list

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Eternal is soooooooo good. I spent $100 on the preorder bundle for the new Hearthstone expansion and I've hardly touched Hearthstone cause I'm having so much fun with this game.

Repeatedly dunking on the masters gauntlet with Argentport Midrange is super satisfying. Tavrod is ridiculous.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Eternal is soooooooo good. I spent $100 on the preorder bundle for the new Hearthstone expansion and I've hardly touched Hearthstone cause I'm having so much fun with this game.

Repeatedly dunking on the masters gauntlet with Argentport Midrange is super satisfying. Tavrod is ridiculous.

It's excellent, i haven't spent money on Hearthstone in years but somehow still have the dust reserves to craft a few of the more boring (yet powerful) meta decks like odd rogue and odd paladin so I reinstalled it to check them out and was quickly bored to tears. It's an expensive game but even when you have the good decks it's not that fun lol. I loving love Monster Hunt and Dungeon Run though and I wish Eternal had something similar (and nah Forge and Gauntlet aren't even close, the fun of those modes is getting super OP cards that would be never printed in the real game and using them to deal with even more OP boss gimmicks)

edit: oh yeah the other thing Eternal could copy from Hearthstone is making it a little more "social" -- I love Hearthstones idea of having quests (with relatively high rewards) for spectating a friend win a match or playing a friendly game with someone on your list. The new feature they dropped this year that lets you "borrow" a friend's deck when playing a friendly match against them is super cool too. It's just that the rest of the game feels so dry and uninteractive

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

BGrifter posted:

It's excellent, i haven't spent money on Hearthstone in years but somehow still have the dust reserves to craft a few of the more boring (yet powerful) meta decks like odd rogue and odd paladin so I reinstalled it to check them out and was quickly bored to tears. It's an expensive game but even when you have the good decks it's not that fun lol. I loving love Monster Hunt and Dungeon Run though and I wish Eternal had something similar (and nah Forge and Gauntlet aren't even close, the fun of those modes is getting super OP cards that would be never printed in the real game and using them to deal with even more OP boss gimmicks)

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

bamhand posted:

This deck is real dumb and I don't recommend playing it if you like winning. That said I had a game where i was at 10 life and opponent was going to draw a 32/32 overwhelm killer unit next turn. I promptly played out my entire deck of 50 cards and gained 60 life in one turn. Then I died of course because I decked myself.

4 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
4 Sanctuary Priest (Set1 #73)
4 Blistersting Wasp (Set2 #202)
4 Cull the Deck (Set4 #202)
4 Devour (Set1 #261)
4 Temple Scribe (Set1 #502)
4 Auralian Merchant (Set4 #70)
4 Ayan, the Abductor (Set2 #204)
2 Lunar Magus (Set3 #69)
3 Beckoning Lumen (Set2 #59)
2 Katra, the Devoted (Set2 #208)
1 Lumen Reclaimer (Set3 #80)
3 Mask of Torment (Set2 #212)
3 Talir, Who Sees Beyond (Set1 #124)
6 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
4 Amber Waystone (Set3 #51)
7 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Crest of Mystery (Set4 #266)
4 Seat of Mystery (Set0 #61)
4 Xenan Banner (Set2 #201)
1 Banish (Set2 #207)
1 Katra, the Devoted (Set2 #208)
1 Mask of Torment (Set2 #212)
1 Vodakhan, Temple Speaker (Set1 #347)
1 Talir, Who Sees Beyond (Set1 #124)

I played a round of Deadliest Coach against this, or something very like it. After a boring turns 1-5 or so, it was nothing but Vodakhan/Talir destiny chains filling their board against my deadly Black Sky Harbingers wiping it all out, followed by them either restarting the chain with Dark Return or recycling with Reclaimer.

This went on for what must have only been a few turns, but they took like 15 minutes because we had to wait for all the destiny animations to play out, them to decide which units to sac, etc. In the end they resigned because I just kept wiping their board, and I think their deck was starting to reach a critical mass of being full of Reclaimers.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I've had a couple bad interactions here and there but man the "friend request after match" is so much more pleasant in this game than In Hearthstone lol. it's almost always like "that deck is cool send me a link!" and "lmao that game was great" whether I'm on the winning or losing end. Almost always ends up with us calling each other homie or brother and "hope I meet you on the ladder again" -- warms my drat heart

Edit: probably helps that I mostly play gimmick trash tho lol. If it doesn't have Mask in it I'm not playing it unless I really need to do some dailies

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've had I think three randos add me after games but no one has ever sent me a message, I'm not sure why they added me.

deftest
May 7, 2011

Nighthand posted:

I've had I think three randos add me after games but no one has ever sent me a message, I'm not sure why they added me.

I had ignored every such friend request from an opponent after a game. This happened when a friend was in the room at the same time, and I commented on it, "gah why do these people do this?" When in-the-room friend questioned my decision to regularly ignore them, I relented and accepted the request. What followed, more or less:

quote:

Rando: "hey what was with that BME?"
me: "BME?"
Rando: "Bad Manners Emote. You were clearly winning and you didn't have to do that just to rub it in.
me: oh. Sorry. I did not mean to be rude. I sincerely "appreciated that" and didn't realize it would upset you to say so.
Rando: "Well maybe think about it next time because it was extremely rude.
me: "okay. sorry."
**Rando blocks me**

I imagine that if you aren't getting messages along these lines, then whomever is on the other end went to get themselves a drink or a snack or something, and -- maybe the moment had passed for them by the time you accepted.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I shamelessly bought the Svetya avatar just so I could ping the opponent with "Move. MOVE!" when they're playing incredibly slow. :shrug:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Matsuri posted:

I shamelessly bought the Svetya avatar just so I could ping the opponent with "Move. MOVE!" when they're playing incredibly slow. :shrug:

The Ashara avatar with "Make your move, sweetheart" is good for that too, along with "Let's go!"

I mostly use them when someone is like, taking 3 minutes to figure out which power to play turn 1, or when some idiot has lethal on board but refuses to A-Space my face in. I had a guy just fail to see lethal for eight turns in a row once and I came really close to coming back because of it, but then I didn't.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I usually use it when the end of the game is inevitable. Sorry, if you have 2 life with one unit left and three cards in hand and I have 23 life with four units, you're not coming out in favor this game. Take your turn and get it over with.

Likewise, when I've certainly lost, just A-Space and win already. You don't need to do unnecessary things, especially when I clearly have no way to respond.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Counterpoint: I always always always play to optimise my choices even when I'm staring down the barrel of getting murdered bc you never know when the other guy is going to play conservatively around something you might have and then next turn you rip your only possible out. It doesn't happen often but if you don't give yourself the opportunity it happens 0% of the time.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

bamhand posted:

This deck is real dumb ...

Forgive me I must be rather dense this morning, but how do you intend to play Vodakhan there? Does Talir's applied destiny trigger when swapping from the market? Or is the plan to discard then dark return to trigger destiny?

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Teledahn posted:

Forgive me I must be rather dense this morning, but how do you intend to play Vodakhan there? Does Talir's applied destiny trigger when swapping from the market? Or is the plan to discard then dark return to trigger destiny?

Either one works. DR is draw, and cards are "drawn" from your market. The market initializes, and DR can be a backup plan in case of Harsh Rule.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

Vando posted:

Counterpoint: I always always always play to optimise my choices even when I'm staring down the barrel of getting murdered bc you never know when the other guy is going to play conservatively around something you might have and then next turn you rip your only possible out. It doesn't happen often but if you don't give yourself the opportunity it happens 0% of the time.

That's fine as long as you take a reasonable amount of time to play. The thing which Matsuri (and I) hate is jerks who take forever to make very simple decisions in these scenarios. It's one thing to play to your outs, it's another to take an eternity agonizing over which of two or three cards in hand to play in a game where your only hope is that your opponent stumbles. I will "make your move, sweetheart" those players every time.

Don't be that person. The one who thinks every board state is something they can galaxy-brain their way out of. Also applies in the inverted scenario, where you stall while you have a huge advantage because you're paranoid about what possible outs your opponent could be playing to. Unless it's tournament play (where you actually know exactly what cards they're running, and it's accepted that people are going all-out to win) or you're seriously competing for top 100 rank, it's not worth doing this and it's rather disrespectful to your opponent because you are wasting their time.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Teledahn posted:

Roluth posted:

Either one works. DR is draw, and cards are "drawn" from your market. The market initializes, and DR can be a backup plan in case of Harsh Rule.

Yeah you need Talir first like Roluth says. There's no real discard in the deck so the only time you'll Dark Return is if you've already played him and he dies somehow. I've honestly really never had that come up though.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Usually the plan is you merchant for Mask early, have the merchant die, then on 9 power you play Talir + Dark Return the merchant. The merchant gets Voda and then you just go to town.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

With all my whining about not getting a bomb, I get one this week in the form of an actual Ashara to compliment my make-an-Ashara gameplan.
Huh.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

is the first mission of dead reckoning just a bunch of rng or is there something I'm missing. I can never get rid of or block enough attackers to last all 10 turns.

edit: yeah just seems to be how much your deck likes you and how many free units the enemy pulls out.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 20, 2018

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is the connectivity really bad on the mobile app for anyone else? I'm on a strong wi-fi signal with full bars and 4G as a backup and I DCed like 5 fuckin times during a draft today.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is the connectivity really bad on the mobile app for anyone else? I'm on a strong wi-fi signal with full bars and 4G as a backup and I DCed like 5 fuckin times during a draft today.

I mysteriously dc a lot on the app too under the same circumstances, but it’s been a couple weeks since I played much.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

9-1 this week. Time to watch that ranking plummet. I'm happy as long as I'm in the top 500 though :unsmith:

Black-Sky Harbinger is such a loving bomb.

Today's been a pretty good day for me in Eternal. I played a raredraft on a whim and got 8 rares and 1 legendary (and I needed one of the rares for the deck I'm working on building), made a Feln Nightfall deck out of that that was actually pretty kickass, but lacked any good endgame bombs so I only won like 2 games. Got a legendary out of the pack I opened though which was cool. Got a foil rare in my League packs (the Spiritward Shaman), and went 9-1. Eternal is a good game.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 22, 2018

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

So turns out Voice of the Speaker + Clan Standard + second sight is loving insane in sealed.

Nighthand fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 22, 2018

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Matsuri posted:

Black-Sky Harbinger is... a gently caress
:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion