Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I just re-read the last post of the LP and I realized: Is Nikolai Mars Mom? They do share a vague similiraties and Mars book mention his Mom being an excellent Fixer and since Nikolai work for RCorp, she wouldn't have time to see him.

Thought?

Nikolai is not a Fixer but an R Corp employee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I just re-read the last post of the LP and I realized: Is Nikolai Mars Mom? They do share a vague similiraties and Mars book mention his Mom being an excellent Fixer and since Nikolai work for RCorp, she wouldn't have time to see him.

Thought?
Corpo employees are not Fixers.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Thought?

Huh, this is the first time that I saw this proposal, personally I am of the camp that we did not see Mars' mom at all, as besides vague feelings, unlike Sans & Bada, the devs didn't talk about such a thing in the artbook.

As for the Feathers of a Wing, I don't think Nikolai is considered a Fixer, though she may have been a Fixer in the past.

Generally speaking, Fixers should be open to be hired by any third party (the Udjat being the exception), and someone in Nikolai's position is kind of restricted.
Admittedly this definition is a bit iffy.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

Corpo employees are not Fixers.

Limbus Company has shown that there's a difference between Wing employees and Wing-backed Fixers.

And I guess Lobotomy Corporation has shown it as well.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I mean, RCorp specialize in having a fuckton of mecenaries right? And in order to provide good service, you would probably have to pick person that already have shown to have skill and talent, in order to proprely mass produce them, right? And since...

Mars has been raised in the Backstreet. I don't know how to read. I'm sorry people for uselessly taking your time. It will won't happen in the futur.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Mars has been raised in the Backstreet. I don't know how to read. I'm sorry people for uselessly taking your time. It will won't happen in the futur.

you're in good company then: LoR players can't read (source: TeeQueue)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly, I wonder how strict the Association guidelines are for their clothes and weapon types.

There is definitely some leeway. All of the Zwei guys we fight in Ruina use zweihander swords, but some art (and a Zwei Identity for Sinclair in Limbus Company) show them using stun baton/mace-type weapons. The Shi all use katanas, but Tenma dual wields them. Liu mooks use swords, but Mei and Cecil are martial artists, and Lowell uses a guan dao (a type of Chinese polearm).

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Junpei posted:

Idly, I wonder how strict the Association guidelines are for their clothes and weapon types.

There is definitely some leeway. All of the Zwei guys we fight in Ruina use zweihander swords, but some art (and a Zwei Identity for Sinclair in Limbus Company) show them using stun baton/mace-type weapons. The Shi all use katanas, but Tenma dual wields them. Liu mooks use swords, but Mei and Cecil are martial artists, and Lowell uses a guan dao (a type of Chinese polearm).

Probably depends on the Association. They likely have a style guide of some sort for branding purposes, or primarily recruit folks who gel with their fighting style.

The real trick is not letting anyone get out alive with the Library's true secret: The combat oboe!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

Technically Zwei Sinclair is still using a two-hander/Zweihander weapon, it's just a 2-handed mace. Which I guess maybe they just want you to use two-handed weapons, even if they're two-handed mace stun batons.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

NullBlack posted:

you're in good company then: LoR players can't read (source: TeeQueue)

Yeah, it's just that when I'm analysing stuff, my brain tend to only "important" information, which lead to situation like this where I read the thing, and didn't remember crucial information about his backstory. Although, considering that I mainly use Gebura/Hod, I clearly just like big number, not complicated stuff.

[Modnote: no spoilers, not even in spoiler tags]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 25, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Book 41: We Provoked Two Militaries at Once—Chapter 2

Music : GuestBattle01

Netzach's floor is all using things we've seen before. We have a bit of everything ready to go today.

The R Corp reception has a trio of fights, with the first being against Rudolph and his Reindeers.

R Corp is another Charge archetype, and every member has the ability to store up to 20 Charge instead of the standard 10. This affords them heightened flexibility when it comes to storing Charge to spend later. The Reindeers also get +1 Strength for each 30% they lose in battle, making them a bit harder to take out once we've roughed them up a bit.

Rudolph, meanwhile, is a cut above his troops, with 50% more HP and nearly twice the SR of any of the base Reindeers. He's got a passive that gives him a bonus to Stagger damage whenever he has 11+ Charge stockpiled, and also gains +1 Strength and Endurance each time he recovers from being Staggered—it stacks with Reindeer Treatment's bonus Strength, so once we knock him down we need to take him out. Ignoring him just makes the problem worse.

Music: NetzachBattle01

Alright, team… let's do this as quickly as possible.

Agreed. Let's handle this…

Hello hello..? I think you guys are hearing me right now.

…Myo? How'n the hell..?

Haha, how's that one, granny? I told you that the old comms frequency was worth a shot.

…C'mon, this was good intel! I can hear what they're up to and broadcast it to the rest of you.

It'll be a cold day in hell before my Reindeer need anything your weakass team can give us.

Haah? Maybe I'll just listen to the screams of you all getting torn to pieces then?

Why not? You might learn how your work's supposed to be done for once.

Every single enemy we face in this reception has two pages in common: Concentrate and Graze the Grass. Concentrate is a big beefy 3-cost with a big beefy 8 Charge to go with it, we'll want to clash these with good 3-costs of our own when we can. Graze the Grass, meanwhile, is a basic 0-cost Light Regen page that gives 3 Charge as well.

As for the Reindeers, they have two unique pages of their own. The first is Energy Strike, which deals the user 4 Stagger damage on use, and can deal bonus Stagger damage with the third die in exchange for some Charge. As for the second… We'll get there soon.

You know, with those masks on no one will see your beautiful smiles!

Ain't a lot to smile about, for a Reindeer.

Nonsense! You all have such fine horns! I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do!

You heard him, team. Let's crush 'em fast, before it can get to us, too.

Like some guy who can't fight without getting a migraine could accomplish anything.

Hyeesh… tough little reindeer, aren't you?

If that's all you've got, I'll slay you.

HAHAHAHAHA! I'm sure you will, good sir!

Don't cheer on our enemies, Mr.Black.

There's no problem with wanting the best out of everyone!

There's a problem if it makes our jobs harder.

Ahh, just kip up to the challenge! You'll be fine!

Seems like these guys have rapport like my Rabbits when we're off-duty.

Shouldn't you already know about… right, the memory wipes.

Obviously. What, did those horns fry your brain already?

No more than all those sorties ruined yours.

Do we even have to fight these guys..? Maybe they can take each other out for us.

Don't be ridiculous. There's no challenge in culling a bunch of weakass Rabbits.

I thought you were angling not to get killed today, eh? Maybe watch what you say about my Rabbits.

I'll say what I like: our staves are fully charged, and this farce is over.

Not liking the look of those things.

It's fine. We can take on any opponent so long as our wits remain with us.

On turn 2, Rudolph and two of his Reindeer buddies use their other signature page: Mind Whip. Mind Whip is a single massive hit that costs 4 SR to use, and can deal an extra 8 Stagger Damage if they have 3 Charge when firing. We don't have any good ways to stop this attack, so we just have to tank it.

Well… this is gonna' suck. Just bear with it.

You're a real inspiration, boss.

Mind Whip fires a beam of concentrated electricity at our side, in what I can only describe as some sort of special beam cannon.

Holy hell… It feels like my head's going to pop open!

Yeah, that'll happen if you get hit by a Reindeer special. They numb you something fierce.

It's delightfully tingly! I can't feel my extremities anymore!

Mm… yep. That's a buzz, alright.

Not one of them died yet…

Maybe you're losing your touch.

The hell I am.

Hoo..! Every strike is heavier than the last! These R Corp boys really are built to fight! HAHAHA!

Byegh…

Well hey, looks like your boys got one of them on the ropes!

Defensive formation, team.

We're being pushed back… how unusual.

Their damage output is just that high. We'll have to step it up and go all out if we want to win…

It's a pain in the rear end, but I'd rather not die.

Good news, then! None of us dead quite yet… and I don't think those horns are recharged! There's plenty to smile about!

The Reindeer's sheer offensive presence will put a dent into any floor we use on them, and even Netzach's powerful defenses can get overwhelmed if someone is hit by multiple charged Mind Whips and Energy Strikes.

Even Laughing Powder won't be able to keep us covered for this one, though as long as we spread out the Mind Whips we should be okay overall.

Nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide. R Corp won't be stopped by you.

Two of them are unstable. We've got a chance.

Only a chance, though. Man… I bet the Liu team's having a way easier time than this.

That's no excuse to slack, now! Sword-arms up!

Music: GuestBattle02

Jeepies, these guys are some serious punch wizards!

Don't give up, Justy! We've all got your back here.

I don't. Good riddance.

Now, dears… remember to remain focused until the end.

While the Mizus are using the same outfits as back in Big Bird, they've got Binah to help them against the Liu Section 1 Fixers. However, Section 1 is definitely a cut above their Section 2 brethren.

As far as stats go, they're not much stronger than Section 2, and like all of the Liu they still use Frontal Assault for Light regeneration and Emotional Turbulence for their trump page. Their remaining two offensive options, however, are much more difficult to deal with than Section 2's tricks.

The first of these, Single-Point Stab, is a 0-cost page with a relatively large Pierce die on it. When used, it will call all copies of itself in the deck to hand, making sure that they can continue to play it for the next several turns to come while thinning their deck out to make their draw for the turn more useful.

Their second, Burning Flash, is even more concerning. When used in combat, it hunts for a copy of Burning Flash in the hand, discarding it if it finds one. The user then draws a replacement page, and the Burning Flash's dice are added to the current attack. This is relatively easy to understand, but the kicker is that both dice count as single-dice. This means that Singular Strike applies to both dice at once, meaning Burning Flash can output a lot of damage, very quickly.

These single-die skills can also make it very difficult for us to get our Emotion Level up and running, and being outnumbered means they're getting some free hits on our team as well.

So it's really no surprise I'm a li'l beat up, you see!

Should you really be talking to them like that?

It's fine. It's not like we're in any real danger anyways.

We're not supposed to know that.

Boooo. Spoilsport!

I've provided the support I can. Show me something entertaining, would you?

I only intend to fight so long as we're forced to.

Is that so? You seem quite at home on the battlefield.

A hammer that can't crush a nail gets thrown away, is all.

So you say.

We're not hammers, silly, we're Librarians! If we can't crush nails, we just use a thicker book next time.

You're missing the point. We exist only to kill, and when we stop being useful we'll be put away again.

Excusez-moi?! I exist for the cuties!

Psst! Focus on the guy stabbing you, Justy!

We put Watchful Eye onto Binah here. Her Light regeneration is weak compared to the rest of her floor, so this will help keep her topped off. (Also, we have to put it somewhere.)

Music: GuestBattle02

Miss Binah… we're still outnumbered, and Justy's on her last legs. This is bad, right?

It could be. How do you others see things?

With my eyes, of course! :keke:

And what do those see?

Oooh. Well, I'm a little beat up, but they're all right on the edge of being shaken apart.

So I'mma shake 'em!

Well said. It's time to crush their plans entirely.

Wowsers… you're right! These guys are all just a breeze from falling over!

Duuh! That's why you keep shaking 'til they're shook!

Ultimately… our only power is killing anyone who comes too near.

Music: BinahBattle02

But like… we're good at it, right?

Yep. We're the best~

Onward, until the work is complete.

Music: NetzachBattle02

Finally… It was like they were swinging electric sandbags at us all.

About that, boss… I'm on my last legs over here, and the others are beat up to boot.

I always feel nicest after a bit of a good back-and-forth! The bleeding shows your blood's still pumping! HAHAHAHAHA!

If I pump much more, there's not going to be any of me left…

Well goddamn… I knew Rudolph was a half-baked loser who couldn't get anything done… But that still doesn't mean I thought you'd take them all down without a loss.

I wouldn't exactly say we didn't take losses… M'beat already.

Honest of you. It's a shame that Maxim's got dibs next… I wouldn't mind tearing you all apart myself.

The Reindeer aren't difficult at all, but they'll put out an absurd amount of damage if they go Mind Whip-happy. Because we don't have a lot of ways to stop that from happening, whatever floor comes out of this fight is going to be missing ~half of its HP, and the best we can do is make sure that it doesn't result in 1 or 2 downed Librarians.

Music: GuestBattle01

Seems like you still got your head on straight.

As straight as it ever is. Switch with us?

'Course. Thanks for taking the roughest part for us.

Just cover my cleaning work for me next time and we'll call it even.

The Rhinos are slightly bulkier with slightly less SR than the Reindeer, but because their 30% HP loss bonus is to Endurance and not Strength, it means they're less offensive than their horned cousins.

…And then there's Maxim. While the standard Rhino can be kind of beefy, Maxim is a whole tank. While he has 11+ Charge, he gets a free 2 Protection every turn, and in addition to that being at 20 Charge will supercharge his damage output and cut damage he'd take by 30%. We'll want to do as much damage to him as possible before he hits that 20 Charge.

Music : GeburaBattle01

Well howdy, Miss… You're no ordinary opponent, are you?

Nobody on this floor is.

Maybe so, but you-

Maxim.

Something wrong?

That bitch over there is the Red Mist.

The Red Mist..? That lady you gab on about when you're sloshed?

She got her body back at some point… I wonder if she's as good as the old days.

She'd better be. I always wanted to kill a legend.

Don't count your eggs before they're laid, rookie.

The Rhinos also have a pair of unique pages, the first of which is Bulky Impact. As a 2-cost, its 5 Charge isn't amazing, but the Blunt die is quite chunky.

Rhino Ram, meanwhile, is a 4-cost with a first die on par with the Reindeer's Mind Whip. When it hits—because it will hit—it gives as much charge as Concentrate, so if Maxim decides to throw out a lot of these he can fill his Charge up to 20 in only a couple of turns.

You know… back in the day, I could've suplexed one of these guys.

They really would've come in handy for dealing with some of the tougher Abnormalities we had…

They'd destroy the place. Rabbits were better.

…And you brought a former R Corper to the battlefield, too, huh?

There's fresh grass in front of me. I've come to graze.

Hey Maxim, I'm rooting for these guys.

Aw, c'mon Myo. We're on the same team.

True, but, if they win then it means Rabbits are stronger than you Rhinos.

So if I win, that means the Rhinos are better, eh?

Moot point.

All of the Rhino's animations are massive, taking up most of the screen. They really feel like tanks.

These guys are big, but that's all they are. Their moves are slow.

Back in the day, we could've danced around these guys all day.

Even now… there's not a lot of punch behind their attacks.

If the enemy's half-assing things, don't question it. We'll beat them down until there's nothing left!

You've really gotten used to that body, huh?

Yeah. I can't shut out the whiny emo git's voice entirely… but I've gotten better at just letting it talk.

Good for you… but I'm taking the Abnormalities on today.

Something up?

Myo gave me poo poo more times than I'd care to count over the years. I feel like paying it back.

Oooh, I'm shaking up here. That robot's puppet is trying to pick a fight.

She's all yours, boss.

Little problem with that: every one of you is going to get run over right here and now.

Big talk. Let's see you back it up, tough guy.

That chaotic sound from below… Dears, it seems that she's taken to playing her music once more. End this pair now.

All done, Miss Binah!

That went so fast… why don't you just give us the order to kill them right off, every time?

There is little point in cutting off a bud before its time. Clear the books away, dears. We have work to do, yet.

…You're more rushed than usual, Miss Binah.

…Perhaps it is so. I simply feel my old thirsts wax once more, knowing my old foe is on the same battlefield as myself.

Each and every one of them… I won't let their sacrifices go to waste.

They've inflicted significant damage to one of our opponents. We'll take advantage of it and finish them off for sure, Director.

That one in the middle seems to possess much in common with an Arbiter…

Then it's fortunate we've had a chance to see her Singularities ahead of time. Move out!

Yes, ma'am!

Music: GeburaBattle02

Fracturing confirmed on all bones within ribcage. Enemy still standing.

How bout it? Still feeling confident?

You're fast… I'll give you that. Like buzzing bees I can't get an angle on.

All the power in the world is worthless if you can't land anything more than a glancing blow, after all.

So in the end, will we get a good hit in, or will you avoid all our blows..? I'm getting fired up.

This one's down. You four take care of the others.

Roger that, boss!

Bulky Impact is a strong page, but it pales in comparison to Stiletto, which crushes both its dice through sheer size. As for Rhino Ram…

Hah! Easy targets!

Blazing Strike can handle it now that Tenebrais is fully online.

Suppressing target.

You're going to suppress me?

Obviously.

Hah! These guys are just chumps after all!

Hear that, Maxim? You guys're chumps.

Guuhh…

Right. Guess you must have missed it.

With Absorption, we've completed our Abnormality Page combo for Gebura. Vampirism gives us HP back whenever we attack an enemy with Bleed on them, Absorption converts that healing into more Strength, and Fear of Water was a misclick I made when trying to pick a different page. The game does not let you go back. :lobcorp:

Looks like things are all sewn up here.

We'll take care of the leftovers. You two catch your breath back there.

Affirmative.

That's one…

Ma'am, we have a problem.

Problem?

This drat rhino's too stubborn to know when he's dead!

That's… the thing about rhinos…

Once we're riled up, we rampage until there's nothing left.

Alright, I'll clean your mess up. That's my job as your senior… but don't make a habit of it.

I don't leave messes in the first place!

You're not even going to respond? Harsh.

There's no point talking to a dead man, Maxim. Just finish 'em off already.

I've been waiting for this moment for years.

Then you can wait another couple minutes. Being so reckless is what's costing you so many people, you know.

Quite massive, aren't you?

No, I'm Huge Mizu. Nice to meet you!

That's a bold thing to say, wearing the body of my comrade.

Thank you very much!

Don't talk to the enemy. There's no point in it.

Sure there is! We get to learn cool stuff while we're beating the heck out of them!

So you say, but the two of us are evenly matched.

Nuh-uh! I'm stronger by half! Maybe even half and a half!

Then it's a good thing I brought a second.

Wha-?

We got one of them! These bastards aren't invincible!

The first of many.

Advance! Give no quarter!

At last, your well-earned 'justice' is here… Heheh.

Uhh… this looks bad, right?

That depends entirely upon where one casts their eyes, dear.

Music : BinahBattle03

For the light of a star is only seen within the darkness…

Next time, on Library of Ruina: Color and Rabbit, Arbiter and Dragon

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 25, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Excellent stuff.

Though I do wonder whether you included the multi-floor Myo bantz for the narrative flow, or just because Myo is your favorite :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Theantero posted:

Excellent stuff.

Though I do wonder whether you included the multi-floor Myo bantz for the narrative flow, or just because Myo is your favorite :v:

Yes. :colbert:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Immediately after Cane Office comes R Corp, who are another charge archetype set that are basically just better.

It's really tragic where Cane Office is put in the game, they just get no chance to shine.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

So did Binah pick her own music?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
You say tragic, I say synergy. Nemo in particular becomes excellent once he can go to 20 charge.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zereth posted:

So did Binah pick her own music?

As a former Arbiter she's used to final boss music just sort of following her around

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Charge got so many cards and gold-rarity Keypages to supplement it. Meanwhile, Smoke got left out. There's no Smoke based Gold-rarity Keypage.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

TeeQueue posted:

That bitch over there is the Red Mist.

I really should've seen this reference coming when you picked Gebura's floor, but I somehow didn't. I blame lack of sleep.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

You say tragic, I say synergy. Nemo in particular becomes excellent once he can go to 20 charge.

I was about to say. What y'all call "the same archetype but better", I call "an expansion to the archetype". Half the fun I have with games like this is applying new poo poo to my old favorites and stomping the game with "outdated" units.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also using someone else's technology under a loophole for your own profit seems very much a Nemo thing.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Charge got so many cards and gold-rarity Keypages to supplement it. Meanwhile, Smoke got left out. There's no Smoke based Gold-rarity Keypage.

well yeah, when you try and smoke gold it melts and burns your your library books

netzach got yelled at about that a couple of tiers back for that

Greenking77
Nov 6, 2022
I forgot TQ is a mad lad and decided to give us two battles at once, and it’s amazing.
The darkened faces the game uses on Binah and the R-corpers (especially the red eyes) are so freaking good.

Also I just realized all the branches of R-corp are named after herbivores (explaining the graze the grass catchphrase). The only exception is the Ravens, which makes you wonder what’s different about that branch.

Also I’m kinda sad Gebura’s floor is full cause it would have been amazing to add Myo to it just for the banter

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Greenking77 posted:

Also I’m kinda sad Gebura’s floor is full cause it would have been amazing to add Myo to it just for the banter

Maybe BICEPS could be shuffled to another floor to make space? But then that'd be A Farewell to Arms! :D

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Greenking77 posted:

Also I just realized all the branches of R-corp are named after herbivores (explaining the graze the grass catchphrase). The only exception is the Ravens, which makes you wonder what’s different about that branch.
Presumably they're an internal affairs department that culls "herbivores."

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Somehow I am not surprised that R-Corp is being torn apart by the Red Mist.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
When the R Corp reception was originally released it's pages were just straight up upgrades to Cane Office pages. Stuff like Bulky charge having the same defensive dice and charge count but also better offensive dice, or Concentration being a 10 charge page. PM ended nerfing the R Corp pages and buffing a bit the Cane pages (IIRC for the latter).

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I appreciate Phillip being referred to as a whiny emo git. :allears:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

You can just feel the love between the teams here.

Greenking77 posted:

IIRC, on average herbivore mammals are actually way more dangerous than carnivore mammals when in fight mode. It's balanced by herbivores preferring flight to fight unless prevented from leaving.

Ravens are birds and thus dinosaurs, and if I was making an animal themed combat wing I'd certainly want some dinosaurs in there.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Raptor Squad? Raptor Squad!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

the Orb of Zot posted:

Somehow I am not surprised that R-Corp is being torn apart by the Red Mist.
Everyone gets torn apart by the Red Mist. That's why she's the Red Mist.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

It slices, it dices! Whatever you use it for, it suffices!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
We are going to have so many keypages and cards to go over when this is done...

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
An absolutely incredible update for some of my favorite fights (and some of the most recent ones I've personally done before stopping to let the LP catch up to me). It's very interesting to see all of the nugget threads and past interactions coming around and together here to create this big tapestry-weave of intermixed combat. A double-decker update well worth the wait!

Seeing Mind Whip in Ruina again reminds me just how much of a Stagger ripper it could be, and it's interesting going back to a lot of these combat pages in retrospect and comparing them to their future incarnations in Limbus Company.

It'll be fun to see the Liu breathe some more in the second leg of this update, ideally: I mean not for long, Binah and all that, but still! :v:

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Minimalist statement that is not plot relevant but technically a gameplay spoiler, will remove if it's over the line: This is not true at all, you must have missed a General Reception.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
I do not know what is up, but Binah is freaking terrifying. Even more than Gebura on EGO. Like at least, with Geb, you know you are going to die a quick death because she's efficient. Binah? BINAH? You don't know poo poo. You don't know if she's going to torture you, murder you, psychologicaly bend you to her will. She could do anything and you wouldn't much the wiser.

I think I'm going to cry in a corner and hope for the best.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

L.U.I.G.I posted:

She could do anything and you wouldn't much the wiser.

Ehh, what's the worst that could happen? Worried about some Fairy Key-ing your car?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I do not know what is up, but Binah is freaking terrifying. Even more than Gebura on EGO. Like at least, with Geb, you know you are going to die a quick death because she's efficient. Binah? BINAH? You don't know poo poo. You don't know if she's going to torture you, murder you, psychologicaly bend you to her will. She could do anything and you wouldn't much the wiser.

Oh, if that'll give you peace of mind, she'll just make a poll on what to do with you. It's not like that can be rigged or anything.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

dervival posted:

Ehh, what's the worst that could happen? Worried about some Fairy Key-ing your car?

I bought the car extended warranty. I'll probably be fine.

Regallion posted:

Oh, if that'll give you peace of mind, she'll just make a poll on what to do with you. It's not like that can be rigged or anything.

Sir, could you not give more nightmare. It's already hard as it is. :ferrari:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The Reindeer are just straight-up psykers right? Popping heads with mind bullets? I'm not misinterpreting that?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The best part of R corp is how it forces fans to learn about all the cool animal names that start with R when they come up with original fan teams, like roadrunner team. There's more than you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Racoon team.