Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Don Gato posted:

Before I make a very bad life decision and reinstall, I have one import an question: Can the Highlander do a :krad::black101:HIGHLANDER BURIAL:black101::krad: and crush other mechs beneath my Highlander's 90 feet? Or are jump jets only useful for SICK NASTY NOSCOPE SNIPES like in every other loving MechWarrior?

Search your heart, you know the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Don Gato posted:

Before I make a very bad life decision and reinstall, I have one import an question: Can the Highlander do a :krad::black101:HIGHLANDER BURIAL:black101::krad: and crush other mechs beneath my Highlander's 90 feet? Or are jump jets only useful for SICK NASTY NOSCOPE SNIPES like in every other loving MechWarrior?

What do you think? Hint: The answer does not lie down the road of fun.

imperialparadox fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 20, 2014

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Despite early promises, death from above is not a thing in the game sadly. Because yes, it would be awesome.

Also, there's a gotcha about the clan mechs: you can't strip their omnipods. The mechs must always have pods equipped, so you can't just rip the limbs off one one variant to keep in a pile in the corner for later use. If you want to have an extra arm, you have to buy it separately.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Valatar posted:

Despite early promises, death from above is not a thing in the game sadly. Because yes, it would be awesome.

Also, there's a gotcha about the clan mechs: you can't strip their omnipods. The mechs must always have pods equipped, so you can't just rip the limbs off one one variant to keep in a pile in the corner for later use. If you want to have an extra arm, you have to buy it separately.

You can strip omnipods off of a mech - you just can't launch without one equipped. Otherwise it would be pretty hard to customize Clanners.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Well that saves me a few hours of reinstalling it at least. Should have figured that :pgi: hates unorthodox tactics.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I did 300 damage as a flamer hunchie and was the last alive. It was an epic round of shutting down clan mechs. It seems to actually do something now. The most noticeable is that the flamer doesn't add minimum heat anymore.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Looks like they are testing unit creation on the test server. They are actually making progress, my god.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Dramicus posted:

Looks like they are testing unit creation on the test server. They are actually making progress, my god.

By progress, you mean adding a text field to a database and making that text entry display next to players' names?

:bravo:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

WebDO posted:

By progress, you mean adding a text field to a database and making that text entry display next to players' names?

Literally the low-effort reassurance they ought to have done literally years ago.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Well you see last time they tried that suddenly SRMs didn't work for some reason.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

Compared to what they've done over the past 2 years that's like releasing a full fledged game for them. A couple more years and maybe they'll even remember to add a community warfare button. It won't do anything because the gamemode itself is still being worked on, but it will come out Soon(tm)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
IIRC PGI has more people working on new stickers to buy for your mech with Real Money than they do people working on new content or game modes.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Propagandist posted:

Yeah, my Timberwolf works great as a LRM boat (4xLRM15 or 2xLRM20 or whatever) or a laser boat (5xERML, 2x ERLPL), but I haven't had success with sticking the Gauss on there. You can get one on there, but if you want to go with 2 for some harder hits you can't carry much else. I have seen builds with the Direwolf where you can put 2 Gauss, 6ERML, 2ERLPL and it looks like it just wrecks poo poo.

Yeah the weight of XL375 is too drat heavy. Gauss TW basically has same weapon configuration as Gauss K2 but without AMS and with much bigger (and better) XL engine. Also it comes with 2.5% XP boost! :woop: There is slight danger of losing both C-ERML at once but since nobody targets arms or side torso it should be fine. If you have OCD like me then you can remove 1 ton of ammo, slap on some armour on the other arm and move 1 C-ERML there :v:

Aesis fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 21, 2014

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I tried to play this the other day and it's still a bad game.

Welp that's what I've got to say.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Next test is 24 hours long, has the new Mech Factory map and the Unit Creation UI. 21 August, Noon PDT.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 21, 2014

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

paragon1 posted:

IIRC PGI has more people working on new stickers to buy for your mech with Real Money than they do people working on new content or game modes.

Also the people that in real studios would be making game content are tasked with live ops and the like, IIRC.

So even if the people in charge of actual game content were competent, it's unlikely they'd have time to do anything about it.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

paragon1 posted:

Lol I'll believe it when I see it. That's literally the same line they were giving players a year ago. Their failure to meet even the lowest of expectations is what caused a lot of goons to start playing mostly Warthunder, iirc.

Still not sure when the clans are coming out for Warthunder, though. :confused:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

chairface posted:

Still not sure when the clans are coming out for Warthunder, though. :confused:

You can play squadron battles and win premium currency in War Thunder if you are into that. If enough WoL gonna would do tanks squadron battles I think we could clean house pretty easily.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Why bother soliciting feedback if you are going to ignore it all

and please, everyone, stop playing.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

BULBASAUR posted:

:siren:

Are you a jaded bitter vet? Do you want to play with familiar faces and have actually working infrastructure?

Good news: We've set up some dedicated server space for you terrible addicts. First register an account on the Scientology Forums and then follow the steps over at FLJK under 'enlist'. For your clearance code enter "Sexy BULBASAUR 69" and in the comments write "MWO Refugee" or "Homo for robo" or "I hate myself" and you will be approved within a day or so. Then you can mech using new dedicated infra- we have a thread about terrible mechs, the_nest is still alive and full of crushed dreams, the wiki works, and there is a mumble. I will not play with you, however.

The old WOL infra is archived and no longer supported after we migrated to FLJK. Play there all you like, but your mileage may be limited.
I just spotted this now, on the day I cracked and decided that I just want to get back into the nest. I have no intention of playing until poo poo gets fixed. In other news I have spent fucktons on Transformers toys.

Also I signed up wrong. TIA for fixing it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Arquinsiel posted:

I just spotted this now, on the day I cracked and decided that I just want to get back into the nest. I have no intention of playing until poo poo gets fixed. In other news I have spent fucktons on Transformers toys.

Also I signed up wrong. TIA for fixing it.

I, too, have absolutely no intention of following you guys back into this mismanaged shithole of a game, tempting though it may be to play stompy robots with stompy robot buddies.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
You guys should get Titanfall. You can punch other robots in that game.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Lemming posted:

You guys should get Titanfall. You can punch other robots in that game.

But I don't like having to wait until I get on a robot :(

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

There's a good chance that I will be playing robots on the test server today. Maybe I'll see some goons.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

We have a wonderful mix of goons that can't stop playing this poo poo and goons that quit after a couple rounds and never come back. I have to say I'm having a blast, somehow, and would like to get a clan mech when I can purchase one for cbills. I'd say give this game a chance with a lance of 8-12 goons and see how you like it.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

There's even a chance that I will drop with a goon group or two if y'all can organize it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kazvall posted:

I'd say give this game a chance with a lance of 8-12 goons and see how you like it.

Pssst... I'd say #19 likes MWO given he works at PGI. :ssh:

(Edit) of course, now I realize this might've been a general statement and not aimed at him.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Number19 posted:

There's a good chance that I will be playing robots on the test server today. Maybe I'll see some goons.

I thought you hadn't played in many months. What's changed?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Drewjitsu posted:

Goons.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Aesis posted:

But I don't like having to wait until I get on a robot :(

If you're good you barely wait at all, which also means you get a robot when almost nobody else has one :getin:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Drewjitsu posted:

I like shooting robots with goons.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Number19 posted:

There's even a chance that I will drop with a goon group or two if y'all can organize it.

Isn't it way to late to register for the test server? ( link )

Or is the reg only to be able to give feedback, and everyone will be able to play?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

EoRaptor posted:

Isn't it way to late to register for the test server? ( link )

Or is the reg only to be able to give feedback, and everyone will be able to play?

Register means you have an MWO account before that date/time. The wording on that point is bad...sorry.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Number19 posted:

Register means you have an MWO account before that date/time. The wording on that point is bad...sorry.

Hey, since you're answering questions I was wondering what happened to all that founder money that was supposed to go into community warfare? My buddy keeps telling me you guys sold clan mechs so you could fund community warfare, but I told him he was crazy because that's what all that founder money was for. Right?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

No founders money was for hookers and blow. As was the Clan Mech money.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

UoI posted:

Hey, since you're answering questions I was wondering what happened to all that founder money that was supposed to go into community warfare? My buddy keeps telling me you guys sold clan mechs so you could fund community warfare, but I told him he was crazy because that's what all that founder money was for. Right?

I don't know the answer to stuff like this. Even if I did, I'm not able to answer it (and questions like it).

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

UoI posted:

I don't think he's allowed to tell us that even if he has an eye on the balance sheets (which isn't his job)

e:f;b

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

Number19 posted:

I don't know the answer to stuff like this. Even if I did, I'm not able to answer it (and questions like it).

So you're saying it's benzos and not coke, right?

Fender fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 21, 2014

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fender posted:

So you're saying it's benzos and not coke, right?

Cut this poo poo out. It's like blaming a teller for a bad mortgage, it's rude and ignorant.

Number19 isn't in a department that has any say in the product, isn't senior enough to have an opinion that matters (sorry 19), and listening to feedback from random threads on random forums isn't a good way to gather meaningful data anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Number19 posted:

We don't tend to organize that stuff these days, since logging in on a weeknight will usually find you playing with 2-5 goons, weekends 4-9. Still, a little planning never hurt, so with that in mind

Return of the the Revenge of the Slosh-op: robot addiction intervention night

Like shooting ro-butts with goons?

Like trying to herd pubbies who are too terrified of the swarms of LRMs raining down on them to step out from behind a rock to fight?

Like getting rolled by people in Timber Wolves?

Then drop with the birds that just don't know when to quit, this Friday at 9:00 PM EST!

Should we get more than 12 some kind goon (or me) will activate premium time so we can do some private matches and get our squawk on in private.

• Locked thread