Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why vanilla goon?

because he claimed vanilla town, that was the extent of my reasoning

also i'm leaning towards his chaoslord gift claim being genuine so i think it's maybe the most likely "person who is scum but not doing the nk" theory

but, honestly, not sure at all. just brainstorming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
on second thought maybe it’s actually malaria

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah okay I wanted to wait for TMM but im not gonna make this a NL, gently caress that.

##unvote

##vote TMM

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dammit i thought i hadnt voted someone else hammer.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
makign us wait. the Ultimate troll

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
you all laughed at me for wanting to finish this earlier

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Its not great no.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
##vote tmm 2 mins yall lucky i'm running late

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
thank u

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Atomic Soda posted:

##vote tmm 2 mins yall lucky i'm running late

I was waiting for 21 seconds left

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man, I'm sorry guys, I just got home from spending like 14 hours in my car and I couldn't look at my phone since the last post.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That's :redhammer:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Final Day 3 Votecount :c:

TMMadman (7): TMMadman, Deadbeat Dad, Birdstrike, -TMMadman, Dick Bastardly, -Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Monathin, Atomic Soda, LupusAter, -Deadbeat Dad, -Atomic Soda, Deadbeat Dad, SalTheBard, -Monathin, Monathin, Atomic Soda
SalTheBard (1): flerp, Monathin, -Monathin, Atomic Soda, -flerp, TMMadman, -Atomic Soda
LupusAter (0): Monathin, -Monathin

Not Voting (4): BottleKnight, flerp, Hal Incandenza, sentimental snail

:h: With 12 players alive, it took 7 votes to be executed.

================================

The town decided that enough was enough - they weren't going to stand behind lies anymore. Though it took herculean effort they managed to drag TMM into an airlock. He started to yell as the water filled into the chamber. His muscles began to inflate like balloons and his eyes became clouded over with more black ooze. He slammed against the door to the airlock and made deep dents into it; he was clearly very powerful. Before he could break through the door entirely, the chamber was filled, and TMM was sent into the open water where the pressure quickly crushed him.

:s: TMMadman, Pisok, Fighting Horror (scum-aligned loud juggernaut), was executed day 3. :s:

It is now Night 3!

Submit your actions ASAP, I hope to have the game up by morning.

Sorry for the delayed flip, there's no excuse I was just napping and then making supper.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
When Day Mode began again, the diplomats were surprised (or, perhaps, not surprised at all) to find that only one of their members had died during the night. It was another member of the submarine crew: Monathin. He had a fireball burned into the center of his chest, and likely died instantly.

:s: Monathin, Mandu, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was on the wrong end of a fireball night 3. :s:

It is now Day 4.
:h: With 10 alive it takes 6 to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Monday, March 19th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Tuesday, ~2PM AEDT.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Hmm. Might be time for me to fullclaim. I haven’t gotten any particularly useful info from my role but I think it will be good for me to get it out there.

Gonna think on it a little more but will probably do so soon.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:ghost: eat poo poo scuuuuuuuum :ghost:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BottleKnight posted:

Hmm. Might be time for me to fullclaim. I haven’t gotten any particularly useful info from my role but I think it will be good for me to get it out there.

Gonna think on it a little more but will probably do so soon.

way to be bold champ

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm glad we stopped believing his lies. I actually thought no way he would flip as scum, but predict the unpredictable in Ecco games!

No trident kills tonight, but a fireball kill.

Still not liking Lupus at all.

However, I was looking back while the thread was closed and Hal Incandenza has really skated by without getting fingered. He's thrown down opinions on IS and TMM but never went hard and never voted them, and here are scenarios which seem like light bussing/weird posturing away from voting them:

On TMM disengaging

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am sad that I didn't get into the cool kids sub or even know that it existed but just disengaging for the day seems dumb. There are still people around and I don't really think of you as someone who has trouble finding ways to create content.

I know I haven't done my part yet but this attitude makes no sense to me

On TMM's role/posting after claiming

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK, that actually does seem like an Ecco sort of role. It also seems a little TOO weirdly rare to be fake.

TMMs latest posting feels pretty genuine to me and we still have to account for a second kill which are points in his favor too. And he's playing... as opposed to Mr. F who as town usually would at least have gambits that lead someplace.

I think I want to ##vote Mr F a bit more than TMM at this point. Obviously if we see that type of kill again he's done for and if he is town he'll be an asset since he seems to want to actually play now. Still need to look at other people though.

The next day after TMM bought another day and I said stop worrying about Sal and vote TMM

Hal Incandenza posted:

TMM/Sal kill 'em all I say.

I agree that killing TMM first is probably better since he's a known killer and it seems too much that there is a mind controlling person in back to back games I was in

On IllegallySober D1

Hal Incandenza posted:

And this sure seems like a "quick make up some excuses for my bad vote" type of post. I don't see how you go back and read DickyB and think he could possibly think DB felt strongly about anything, but certainly not birb who he only made the most paper-thin case on. Unless I am missing something here.

Full disclosure I have not read the entire game in context yet (working on it now), still just reacting to recent events and reading back but yeah looks like some scum in this little circle for sure

Max telling Hal to vote:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I thought I already made it clear I want IS I just didn't want to end the day

##vote Hal Incandenza

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Tldr; it seems like scum that wants to lightly bus/give negative reads on and draw attention to certain things, but not actually put down the votes to finger them or really go hard attacking them.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The only people I feel ~good~ about right now are DB, Birdstrike and AS.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost:

Go scum!
:ghost:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
rip my beautiful sub team :(

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

TMM's flip makes DBD town in my opinion. So, to save my skin and avoid a wrong lunch, I'll ##grant Deadbeat Dad.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

LupusAter posted:

TMM's flip makes DBD town in my opinion. So, to save my skin and avoid a wrong lunch, I'll ##grant Deadbeat Dad.

what is this

who is this

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
O_o

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The only people I feel ~good~ about right now are DB, Birdstrike and AS.

monathin confirms flerp here.

Monathin posted:

Given there was a scum aboard and we weren't allowed to progress the minigame until we took care of scum, MMT, CL, Flerp and Myself were all confirmed Town to each other as a result.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

LupusAter posted:

are you trying to say you think dbd is at risk and your thing is gonna save the day

no one is voting dbd

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

sentimental snail posted:

monathin confirms flerp here.

Yeah I was gonna mention flerp (and the evidence is looking good that he would flip town) but just don't want to completely confirm anything that isn't mod confirmed in my head. But leaning that way for sure.

I feel okay about you as well, but under them. BK is a total null read for me.

Lupus with this day action is interesting now?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
same, flerp wasn't confirmed for me until monathin flipped town, meaning they had no reason to lie to us about sub crew being mod confirmed town to each other.

also sorry I kinda disappeared at the end of the day, an urgent translation thing came in and I forgot to check the thread when I finished it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah we were all p much confirmed town to each other but now im the last one left :(

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
ah, I see what you're saying. minigame was halted until scum were dealt with.

we haven't had a 3p flip so it's feasible that flerp is actually 3p rather than confirmed town I guess. worst case scenario just means that flerp has a neutral wincon though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

we haven't had a 3p flip so it's feasible that flerp is actually 3p rather than confirmed town I guess. worst case scenario just means that flerp has a neutral wincon though.

I guess 3p is possible but Mona made it sound like they knew they were confirmed town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm glad we stopped believing his lies. I actually thought no way he would flip as scum, but predict the unpredictable in Ecco games!

No trident kills tonight, but a fireball kill.

Still not liking Lupus at all.

However, I was looking back while the thread was closed and Hal Incandenza has really skated by without getting fingered. He's thrown down opinions on IS and TMM but never went hard and never voted them, and here are scenarios which seem like light bussing/weird posturing away from voting them:

On TMM disengaging

On TMM's role/posting after claiming

The next day after TMM bought another day and I said stop worrying about Sal and vote TMM

On IllegallySober D1

Max telling Hal to vote:

##vote Hal Incandenza

Lol I know my voting record is bad, but I really never vote until the end of the day usually and I was around to vote both these times my vote just was not needed. It's not like I was trying to push onto someone else or voted anyone else, on those days I pretty much only talked about IS and TMM and it was pretty clear where my vote would be if it was anyplace.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I apologize in general for my low level of play so far, I had a realllllllllllly intense week of work and was only ever able to appear sporadically but it's over now and I'm gonna be better.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess 3p is possible but Mona made it sound like they knew they were confirmed town

this is what I am assuming as well.

little unclear rereading it though. seems like mona is saying that they had to deal with scum in order to progress the minigame, and knew everyone was town because the game progressed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Yeah I was gonna mention flerp (and the evidence is looking good that he would flip town) but just don't want to completely confirm anything that isn't mod confirmed in my head. But leaning that way for sure.

I feel okay about you as well, but under them. BK is a total null read for me.

Lupus with this day action is interesting now?

granting sure sounds like something good so there is that at least

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lol I know my voting record is bad, but I really never vote until the end of the day usually and I was around to vote both these times my vote just was not needed. It's not like I was trying to push onto someone else or voted anyone else, on those days I pretty much only talked about IS and TMM and it was pretty clear where my vote would be if it was anyplace.

I can excuse not voting, even on TMM cause there were plenty of people around to hammer at any minute.. it just really reads like you want to be critical of them because they are publicly looking very scummy, but you don't want to do enough to where you are directly involved in implicating them, since that's what people try to do when bussing.

Who don't you like right now?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

yeah this is something i theorized in the sub, but everyone else has flipped town so i guess that wasnt the case

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
going by the way the nks have been going im prob dead next anyways :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would like to take hard looks at bottleknight and sal. I may or more likely will not be available tonight to do it!

• Locked thread