Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I dunno...I laughed at the first ad I saw like that, but they're starting to get kind of tiresome now.

Also golfing != manly, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Sagebrush posted:

I dunno...I laughed at the first ad I saw like that, but they're starting to get kind of tiresome now.
You are wrong.

Sagebrush posted:

Also golfing != manly, ever.
You are not wrong.

I wish ALL craigslist sellers were that motivated to get their stuff sold.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Ordinaire posted:

I don't even know what to think :psyduck:

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/2843931225.html

Four thou is a lot considering it was built one piece at a time, possibly with questionably sourced parts

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

redmercer posted:

Four thou is a lot considering it was built one piece at a time, possibly with questionably sourced parts
And probably didn't cost him a dime

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Lord Gaga posted:

:cmon:

You're going to want to swap that image out to another host, I think. Before Sigtrap sees it anyway.

Here:

Edit: Well okay, I guess I am just an over cautious stupid newbie. I don't know what you mean by two screens, though. I have an extension on Firefox that takes pictures of entire web pages.

thecobra fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 9, 2012

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

thecobra posted:

You're going to want to swap that image out to another host, I think. Before Sigtrap sees it anyway.

Here:

lol whyd you make two screens

Anyway I figured you could hotlink from major site like Amazon or Craigslist, is that a no no?

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Lord Gaga posted:

lol whyd you make two screens

Anyway I figured you could hotlink from major site like Amazon or Craigslist, is that a no no?

I'm pretty sure it's okay? I seem to remember something in GBS years ago that cleared that up, and I think hotlinking from major sites is okay. That being said, you should rehost anything on CL or it'll get lost to the sands of internet time.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Method Loser posted:

I'm pretty sure it's okay? I seem to remember something in GBS years ago that cleared that up, and I think hotlinking from major sites is okay. That being said, you should rehost anything on CL or it'll get lost to the sands of internet time.

I just asked in QCS, an admin said no so oh well. fixed and thanks for the heads up

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

thecobra posted:

Here:

Edit: Well okay, I guess I am just an over cautious stupid newbie. I don't know what you mean by two screens, though. I have an extension on Firefox that takes pictures of entire web pages.

I'd buy that Jeep in a heartbeat just because of that ad. If I had to imagine a Craigslist ad put up by Maddox, that would pretty much be it.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Black88GTA posted:

First one's been deleted. Second one's an '87, which is a 2nd gen. Much harder to find parts for, and a very small online community. Third one's a '90, which will probably have the B21A1. The B21A1 is a piece of poo poo - the gist of it is that the cylinder linings are a much harder material than the piston rings, which causes the rings to wear quickly and the motor to burn oil.

These aren't all that common anymore - the newest 3rd gen is going to be a '91, which was over 20 years ago now. These cars are pretty rust prone (like all 80s Hondas) so there are not many survivors, especially in rust states.

$1500 is a bit high though, you could do better than that if you looked around (although I don't know what the market in your area is like). I paid $600 (if I'm remembering right, it was a few years ago) and drove it home. Pic for reference:

Mine had ~117k on it when I got it. Came with a few dings, needed an exhaust installed (was in the trunk) and had some badly done rust repair by the fuel door. Also, it's an automatic non-4WS so it wasn't the most desirable version.

88 - 89 are good years. The B20A5 is a reliable, stout motor as long as the timing belt is kept up on. This motor also takes very well to boost. These cars are very prone to rusting above the rear wheels (especially by the fuel door). By today's standards, they are a bit thirsty for a lightweight NA 4-cyl though. Make sure the timing belt has been done - if not (or if unknown), do this ASAP, as a snapped belt will almost always necessitate an engine rebuild. Look for a 4WS if you can find one. Avoid the "S" models - these are generally stripper models with a dual-carb SOHC B20A3 motor. This motor is anemic and hard to find DIY information on, and the carbs are a pain in the rear end. Main relay issues are common. If someone's selling one cheap because it "won't start when it's hot out" jump on it, because that's almost certainly the culprit, and you can usually fix it yourself for free in 10 minutes with a soldering iron.

You may want to check out https://www.preludepower.com classifieds if you really want one of these. Good deals pop up all the time.

I've seriously looked for a 3rd gen Prelude every single day since this post. Haven't seen a 4WS yet, at least not close. Closest one I found was 130 miles away. The market for these are pretty dumb in southern California though. Ranging from 2000 to 4000 a clean one (and those are all non 4ws). I'm looking at one to be just a track car so holding out for a 4ws. Might take me over a year to find one though it seems.

Also, that site doesn't have anything popping up at all. In the past 6 months the only 3rd gen posted for sale is a shell. Lots of good info to be found on the site though.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 10, 2012

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Some serious gold around me for once, usually these are $15-18k

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/2882200306.html

I wanted to check this out but my dad told me "Don't wast you time carb rotary run like crap. $500 is worth."

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2884358488.html

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2859978339.html

And people don't believe me when I say we have rednecks in Maine.

quote:

This is a 1988 Suzuki Samurai that is in need of work.This is a project with great potential, but I have lost motivation and interest. When I bought this is was a complete non-running mess, but it has come a long way. A lot of it was hacked together. For example, the manifolds are plumbing pipe, transfer output is wrong, many welds are pretty bad. The steering is off and needs to be adjusted so it can turn right.

This has some real potential for somebody looking for project. The vortec 4.3 came from a 1995 blazer and it runs fine. It has exhuast right through the hood and a snorkel--guy before ran it in mud runs. The transmission is fine and the transfer case works, but I would swap the transfer case that outputs on the correct side. The front suspension uses repacked samurai springs and very low mile yj shocks. The rear uses low mile yj springs and new shocks that have a ton of travel. Front is shackled and the rear has shackles with missing links. This thing has a ton of flex. Toyota axels. Everything is SPOA. Dovetailed rear. Roll bar. Rear mounted radiator. 35" non matching tires that hold air just fine. Rugged bumper.

This mud buggy / rock crawler has plenty of power and tons of flex with all the items, but just needs to be gone through. Look up the price of these parts and the conversions. A perfect start for somebody looking to build very capable offroad vehicle.
I will include a standard transmission with a transfer case that drops on the right side, some flowmaster exhaust I was going to install and manifolds for the right deal.
e-mail works best, but my phone is

I cannot transpot this vehicle. Cash offers are best. All offers should have a day when you can pick it up. Please don't waste my time.

Trades: This vehicle is worth 1400 or more, so your trades need to be worth that much. A 1995 snowmobile in the spring is worth 800. I will be fair, but please do not treat me like an idiot. Only projects I would consider are a Mako boat hull, late sixties impala with a solid quarters or maybe 2004+ snowmobile. Intrested in perfect new style rims to fit gm muscle car, air compressor plus cash or impact tools, spray guns, enclosed 3 place sled trailer, tig welder, outboard motor and cash depending, 2 kayaks and gear plus cash or boat.

I welded the link bar today and these pictures are old. I may adjust the steering over the next few days too.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Gnaghi posted:

I wanted to check this out but my dad told me "Don't wast you time carb rotary run like crap. $500 is worth."

Is your dad... Russian? You gave him one heck of an accent, there.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Gnaghi posted:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2884358488.html

What the gently caress. That price is worth it for the widebody alone, goddamn. Not to mention the wheels.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

redmercer posted:

Is your dad... Russian? You gave him one heck of an accent, there.

I forgot to mention it was via email, he talks normal.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
If it's not rusted to poo poo under all that, I would jump on it. Anyone know what kit that is or if it's actually quality stuff? Is "cut rotors" kind of like the rotary version of boring out an ICE or something?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Lowclock posted:

If it's not rusted to poo poo under all that, I would jump on it. Anyone know what kit that is or if it's actually quality stuff? Is "cut rotors" kind of like the rotary version of boring out an ICE or something?

Could be referring to slotted brake rotors.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

quote:

1970 442 w-30 convertible - $5500 (racine)

This was my grandpas car! been in the family seens new! Has some rust please call 1-262-672-9752 Im selling cause i cut my fingures off have to pay dotor bills thanks mike!!!!
For the first time ever, I think someone has a legit excuse for the grammar and spelling in their ad.

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

angryhampster posted:

Could be referring to slotted brake rotors.

I'm pretty sure it's referring to the fact that he got the rotors turned, and is trying to use it as a selling point.

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/2851669264.html

edit: I know there are likely millions of people lying about their Mustangs on CL, but I don't think I've seen a more stupid attempt.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
He's probably confused by the 3.8l V6 engine.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/2897254324.html
***ONE TIRE ONLY*** 225 / 45 R17 91H , CHEAP , HURRY ***************** - $100 (MALDEN)

drat, I gotta get this tire.

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Price is firm. Best offer takes it!

Froderick
Aug 15, 2007

You don't box in a vet.

kimbo305 posted:

GOOD LUCK

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

kimbo305 posted:

***ONE TIRE ONLY*** 225 / 45 R17 91H , CHEAP , HURRY ***************** - $100 (MALDEN)

65% tread left, people!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

It will truly be an epic quest to find the other three! If you do, you can unlock the secrets of the universe!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oddspelling posted:

65% tread left, people!

Goddamn, what a deal! 65% tread means it's worth least 65% of the MSRP -- a good forty dollars more than what he's charging! Gotta move on this one!

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

A local auction site is auctioning a decommissioned police 2002 Impala. Nothing too interesting about the car or the ad, but then I saw the video of the car.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I know nothing about these cars other than it looks very clean and you could probably play a circa Roger Moore Bond villan.

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1971-Mercedes-Benz-200-Series-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ360130505

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Good thing I don't have any more garage space.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Goddammit stop with the Canadian catnip already! It dangles tantalizingly just (well, 2000 miles) out of my reach!

That Benz is a hell of a bargain if it's as clean as those photos make it.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 14, 2012

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

PainterofCrap posted:

Goddammit stop with the Canadian catnip already! It dangles tantalizingly just (well, 2000 miles) out of my reach!

The snow's leaving, so the good poo poo is just starting to come out. We're in the golden space between when people start selling their summer cars and when people start buying summer cars.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/2901829062.html

My buddies 55 Buick Special that his wife is making him sell.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

SkunkDuster posted:

A local auction site is auctioning a decommissioned police 2002 Impala. Nothing too interesting about the car or the ad, but then I saw the video of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBO2jcDHFT8&feature=related

OMFG!

"It appears to me this stuff may buff right out!"

Bookmarked.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

PainterofCrap posted:

Is there something special about those Benzes? Hard to gauge what it's worth from I can see.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2896781089.html

If this wagon is in as good of shape as they claim, that really isn't that bad of a deal. I really do like the flat black finish. Though I would swap out the 307 to something with a little more juice. I bet a person could talk them down to 3,000 and get a fun cruiser.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

slidebite posted:

I know nothing about these cars other than it looks very clean and you could probably play a circa Roger Moore Bond villan.

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1971-Mercedes-Benz-200-Series-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ360130505

"The last year Mercedes hand built their cars"

:what:

Nice try, but I don't think so, Mr Seller.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

slidebite posted:

Is there something special about those Benzes? Hard to gauge what it's worth from I can see.

They're very well-put together, solid as a rock and reliable as all hell.

Think a nice-riding tank. With decent handling.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 15, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

BrokenKnucklez posted:

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2896781089.html

If this wagon is in as good of shape as they claim, that really isn't that bad of a deal. I really do like the flat black finish. Though I would swap out the 307 to something with a little more juice. I bet a person could talk them down to 3,000 and get a fun cruiser.

Yeah, that 307's gotta go. I had one in a Nova and it just wasn't enough. 200hp in that wagon wouldn't be much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This may actually be one of the worst-fitting and looking Miata bodykits I've ever seen. They want $5k for this 200k km thing.

quote:

( price 4999$ firm ) For sale is my 1991 Miata...Silver in color, the interior is very good .Windshield is excellent with no cracks and the soft top is very good as well , engine with no leaks, body kit , nice( sony ) sound system , power muffler , low profile tires on it 75%, no problem with clutch or engine, The car has 125,000 original Miles( around 200 000 km ). The car has no rust at all and has never been winter driven or been in an accident.
I bought a new car so no more need for this one.
INSPECTED !!!
You can take a look at the car during week days, call (403) 429 0485 .Please no pilots !!!! if you see ad car available .
Pilots can gently caress off.