Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL poor fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
So Rhea is a heel now I guess. She's going to beat Asuka at mania and then get challenged by Charlotte. Rhea is gonna complain about Charlotte trying to steal another title from her like a heel would complain and then Charlotte is going to win like the triumphant face WWE wants her to be in the eyes of the fans.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sounds like a really nothing happening Raw, not even some Fiend poo poo. Good thing they have plenty of time to build this PPV.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mooseinfants posted:

So Rhea is a heel now I guess. She's going to beat Asuka at mania and then get challenged by Charlotte. Rhea is gonna complain about Charlotte trying to steal another title from her like a heel would complain and then Charlotte is going to win like the triumphant face WWE wants her to be in the eyes of the fans.

Asuka has to have had one of the worst reigns of all time, right? Not in terms of matches, obviously, but the combination of the booking and the length of it is just.. dismal.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I’ll never not be amazed by these wwe wrestlers who boot lick to hell and back for the fed lmao

Moxley just keeps looking smarter and smarter

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Pylons posted:

Asuka has to have had one of the worst reigns of all time, right? Not in terms of matches, obviously, but the combination of the booking and the length of it is just.. dismal.

Has there ever been a good Raw Women's title reign? If feels like the champ never defends and they're always put in tag feuds with random partners.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The last Raw before Mania which is literally this week posted:

Drew McIntyre show-opening promo interrupted by Bobby Lashley, MVP and Baron Corbin; McIntyre says he'll run through Lashley at Mania, MVP says Drew might not even make it to the show
Xavier Woods defeats AJ Styles in under 90 seconds via distraction from Kofi Kingston tossing a mic at Omos
Braun Strowman promo interrupted by Shane McMahon
Braun defeats Elias
Miz and John Morrison vandalize Bad Bunny's Bugatti, then beat him up
Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler defeat Asuka and Rhea Ripley after Rhea attacks Asuka
Nia and Shayna backstage promo interrupted by Lana and Naomi, Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose, Tamina and Natalya, and Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan. Tag turmoil #1 contenders match with those teams Night 1, Nia and Shayna defend the women's tag titles against the winners Night 2
Lashley defeats Cedric Alexander despite attempted interference from Shelton Benjamin. Post-match Shelton again tries attacking but gets beat up too
Damian Priest and Bad Bunny want a tag match with Miz and Morrison at Mania instead, Miz and Morrison accept
Riddle defeats Mustafa Ali, with Sheamus on commentary
Drew defeats Corbin, with MVP on commentary. Post-match Drew and Lashley stare at each other

People diss go-home Mania Raws/moments like the belt tug of war, but goddamn at least that was funny/memorable

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
happy to be here :buddy:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
i just watched highlights of the kenny omega/kana(asuka) vs masato tanaka/hikaru shida butt tag team match and god drat it put me in a mixture of happy and sad

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
How many times has someone said “you might not even make it to the pay-per-view” and been right. It’s like a 0% chance

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

I’ll never not be amazed by these wwe wrestlers who boot lick to hell and back for the fed lmao

Moxley just keeps looking smarter and smarter

Its probably the only way to get noticed. Odds are Vince never even watches your match so actually wrestling good doesn't mean poo poo.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Watching today's raw from the beginning

why the gently caress did they give a mic to bad bunny

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

why the gently caress

i'm sorry for not quoting your post correctly. it was for "fun" that i did it. you can do it to me if you want, with this post, in the assumption that you want to. i'm going to go to sleep all night long. be sure to edit out certain words and parts of words in the post

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 6, 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TheKingslayer posted:

Its probably the only way to get noticed. Odds are Vince never even watches your match so actually wrestling good doesn't mean poo poo.

Vince isn't looking at their Twitter either.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Cavauro posted:

i'm for "fun". you can do it to me if you want, in the rear end that you want. i'm going to go all night long. be sure to eat f r i e s

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

JT Smiley posted:

Has there ever been a good Raw Women's title reign? If feels like the champ never defends and they're always put in tag feuds with random partners.

Becky's was probably the best. It wasn't a great reign but at least she looked strong for almost all of it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Alexa Bliss cameo thing for Wrestlemania. She’s doing them in high school freshman year character or whatever the gently caress gimmick this is called.

Only like I could find but you get the point: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...utm_name=iossmf

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

njsykora posted:

Vince isn't looking at their Twitter either.

For sure. But it's more likely some backstage stooge is.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ICR posted:

Alexa Bliss cameo thing for Wrestlemania. She’s doing them in high school freshman year character or whatever the gently caress gimmick this is called.

Only like I could find but you get the point: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...utm_name=iossmf

I know a lot of people don't love the gimmick, but I love that I saw her live when she was in NXT and thought she was talented, but assumed she'd be lost in the shuffle. Yet a few years later somehow the 5 foot girl had a months long feud with Randy loving Orton and then beat him. Even Charlotte hasn't taken an RKO or beaten Orton. She has the biggest push of any of the women and seems to be having a ball.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/NikkiCrossWWE/status/1379159359318540293?s=20

:sigh:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry for "fun" in the rear end all night long.

No need to be sorry, friend.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wants to wrestle and wants to entertain. So why did you join the WWE then, awesome Nikki Cross?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ICR posted:

Wants to wrestle and wants to entertain. So why did you join the WWE then, awesome Nikki Cross?

Because when she put her name on the dotted line the WWE was the best place to sign and there weren't really many other options. :v:

Hell, they weren't treating her too bad until she and Alexa broke up. She was getting more focus and screen time than most the roster. Making her vanish completely afterwards though...yeah...

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
From what I gather, WWE has the UK indie scene on lock due to william regal etc, so they funnel the country's best talent directly into the maw of vince mcmahon

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
congrats to nikki cross on signing another 5 year deal with the worldwide leader in sports entertainment, the WWE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kunabomber posted:

From what I gather, WWE has the UK indie scene on lock due to william regal etc, so they funnel the country's best talent directly into the maw of vince mcmahon

It's more because WWE's always been the main thing over here so when they came calling all the indie companies rolled over for them cause WWE said they'd allow NXT UK talent to keep working indies but then whoops we changed our mind 6 months later

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Seams posted:

congrats to nikki cross on signing another 5 year deal with the worldwide leader in sports entertainment, the WWE

#ThankYouStephanie

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

It's more because WWE's always been the main thing over here so when they came calling all the indie companies rolled over for them cause WWE said they'd allow NXT UK talent to keep working indies but then whoops we changed our mind 6 months later
no wonder brexit happened

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Guys, Nikki is going to wear glasses to the ring soon. Her new gimmick is that she is crazy... crazy smart!

In fact, that's her new name. Crazy Smart Nikki, or CSN for short.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

Why would you do this to yourself?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Vince has all the UK guys show up like the Nexus, except they’re really patriotic heels

The English Defense League

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/WrestleMania/status/1379238448842817537

God I can't predict this match AT ALL. Each team has a blonde, anyone can win.

God this is like every new year's eve where I tell myself I'm gonna get in shape. Except I like my odds of doing that more than getting some crazy old guy and 60 writers to push me. It's funny how wrestlers who don't get a wrestlemania spot (or if they do, its an ARMBAR spot) go on this existential crisis of "where did I gently caress up?" reflection. People less skilled, much worse at talking, and most of all less over than them got spots so "where did I gently caress up" wont be a question with an answer.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 6, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blaise330 posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestleMania/status/1379238448842817537

It'll be the team with two blondes

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blaise330 posted:

That's real easy, the winners will be the team that seems the most distraught during the match because they know they'll have to share a ring with Nia Jax the next day.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

It'll be the team with two blondes
yeah but one of them is lana and it’s harder to humiliate her if she’s winning

E:

Cerebral Bore posted:

they'll have to share a ring with Nia Jax the next day.
i stand corrected

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ICR posted:

Cameo and WWE did a partnership

https://on.cameo.com/wrestlemania/

lol the gall to make Big E do this after making him quit Cameo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

yeah but one of them is lana and it’s harder to humiliate her if she’s winning

That's Dana, Lana's with Naomi

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

jesus WEP posted:

yeah but one of them is lana

Rarity posted:

That's Dana

This loving division man....

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I guess if you put a gun to my head I'd probably go with Lana and Naomi since they kind of have a story but I would probably expect that gun to go off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

That's Dana, Lana's with Naomi
lol so it is